Author Topic: Where do I find them?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Where do I find them?
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
wow, we've got one theist who is ignorant of the subject he attacks and one that is so desperate for external validation that he has to pretend to be psychic. 

shame that nothing ever changes. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
Grant - we're done. I don't correspond with folk who just insult.

Don't pull that crap with us. If we're willing to correspond with people who think we deserve to burn forever in a lake of fire, then you can put up with a few insults.
Denis Loubet

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
Seems to me that time and timed again theists don't have knowledge about reason, logic or the sciences.  All this discussion is over their heads.  Zoooooooooooooooooooooooom!
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline truthfinder

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »
Logically we should think about vacuum universe (nothing at all) since there is no originator or creator,we should know
first the starter before thinking about the universe and evolution

If I said I didn't like jesus because he liked NASCAR and I don't, would that make any sense? I thought not. I'm making that up. You are making up science.

You are confusing your guesses about what science is saying with what science is actually saying. And you are responding to said guesses rather than actual research and discoveries. This is a common problem here on the site. Christians and other believers who either guess wildly about what we must have found or who memorize three or four common and equally ignorant theist rants on science (you haven't found the missing link so evolution must be false), which are equally wrong but more popular.

If you are unwilling to even read a one page wikipedia article on something before commenting smugly, this will not go well. I would in fact suggest that you limit your comments to stuff on which you have some actual knowledge. Or at least experience. Efforts to use incredibly wrong and wild-assed guesses to shed light on atheistic and scientific ignorance are doomed.

In other words, you'll sound much smarter if you say smart things.

i was very clear but it depends on how others will receive and analyze my comments.

you should realize first that i am talking about logic and not science,then we should also
know that evolution is a theory such as to say that we were evolved from chimpanzee,
thanks for the nature and evolution that they did manage to remove our tails and
improve our shapes,that was a good work really.

i dont claim that i am smart and i am not trying to be so,but as my nickname shows
that i am looking for the truth.

for me to understand evolution and the universe,i should start to think about the universe
as vacuum (nothing at all),i am not talking about god,that there should be god,but at least
i cant accept a theory to discuss evolution from vacuum,and even if there was a single atom,
then how it was created from nothing,please note that i am talking about logic here so you will
not think that i am making smart out of myself  :)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
[i was very clear but it depends on how others will receive and analyze my comments.

you should realize first that i am talking about logic and not science,then we should also know that evolution is a theory such as to say that we were evolved from chimpanzee, thanks for the nature and evolution that they did manage to remove our tails and improve our shapes,that was a good work really.
Wow and more pure willful ignorance about evolutionary theory.  No, we did not evolve from chimps. If you don't even take the time to learn about the science you attack, how can you even guess that it's somehow wrong?

i dont claim that i am smart and i am not trying to be so,but as my nickname shows that i am looking for the truth.
No, you are looking for something to agree with your mistaken beliefs. If you really were looking for any kind of truth, you'd not repeating such ignorant lies about evolution. 
for me to understand evolution and the universe,i should start to think about the universe as vacuum (nothing at all),i am not talking about god,that there should be god,but at least i cant accept a theory to discuss evolution from vacuum,and even if there was a single atom, then how it was created from nothing,please note that i am talking about logic here so you will not think that i am making smart out of myself  :)
A vacuum is not "nothing at all".  And you again try to conflate abiogenesis and the BBT with evolution.  Again, more evidence that you are not interested in learing anything at all.

I'm guessing that english is not your primary language but that doesn't excuse you from reading all of the science books in whatever language you are most fluent in. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »
    i dont claim that i am smart and i am not trying to be so,but as my nickname shows that i am looking for the truth.

So have you read though any of the threads in the appropriate section of the forum?

Have you read the rules?

Have you learned anything at all about the difference between how things started and how spieces evolve?
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
Logically we should think about vacuum universe (nothing at all) since there is no originator or creator,we should know
first the starter before thinking about the universe and evolution

If I said I didn't like jesus because he liked NASCAR and I don't, would that make any sense? I thought not. I'm making that up. You are making up science.

You are confusing your guesses about what science is saying with what science is actually saying. And you are responding to said guesses rather than actual research and discoveries. This is a common problem here on the site. Christians and other believers who either guess wildly about what we must have found or who memorize three or four common and equally ignorant theist rants on science (you haven't found the missing link so evolution must be false), which are equally wrong but more popular.

If you are unwilling to even read a one page wikipedia article on something before commenting smugly, this will not go well. I would in fact suggest that you limit your comments to stuff on which you have some actual knowledge. Or at least experience. Efforts to use incredibly wrong and wild-assed guesses to shed light on atheistic and scientific ignorance are doomed.

In other words, you'll sound much smarter if you say smart things.

i was very clear but it depends on how others will receive and analyze my comments.

you should realize first that i am talking about logic and not science,then we should also
know that evolution is a theory such as to say that we were evolved from chimpanzee,
thanks for the nature and evolution that they did manage to remove our tails and
improve our shapes,that was a good work really.

i dont claim that i am smart and i am not trying to be so,but as my nickname shows
that i am looking for the truth.

for me to understand evolution and the universe,i should start to think about the universe
as vacuum (nothing at all),i am not talking about god,that there should be god,but at least
i cant accept a theory to discuss evolution from vacuum,and even if there was a single atom,
then how it was created from nothing,please note that i am talking about logic here so you will
not think that i am making smart out of myself  :)
a thought about monkeys and self awareness and that they may be on their own evolutionary chain to self awareness (more than they have now)and in a few million years may become more evovled than they are now.  Oh to hell with explaining here is a video to explain FOR me (warning video is GRAPHIC)

There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline truthfinder

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
are we talking about theories of evolution and bing bang or it is absolute science,
because to my simple knowledge it is all about theories,but most of you are talking
about science.

Can evolutionists give us an answer how the bird would evolve a wing as so to  survive
better in their environment ,the birds adapt and change through million of years in order
to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
truthfinder, since you apparently have poor reading skills, I am going to quote myself:

1: Stop using paragraphs in the middle of your sentences.
2: Learn proper grammar.
3: Learn about everything you want to discuss.
4: Learn about fallacies.
5: Come back.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »
Please create a thread in Evolution and Creationism section.

Please learn the rules of the forum.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline truthfinder

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
Please create a thread in Evolution and Creationism section.

Please learn the rules of the forum.

i will, thank you for your advice

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »
Damn. I feel dumber having read through all that. :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
are we talking about theories of evolution and bing bang or it is absolute science, because to my simple knowledge it is all about theories,but most of you are talking about science.

Can evolutionists give us an answer how the bird would evolve a wing as so to  survive better in their environment ,the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds

same thing. The scientific method supports these theories.  The same science that you enjoy the benefits from is that which indicates that these theories are, if not completely correct, largely so.  And I can see, that no, you haven't a clue about evolutionary theory.  I would suggest actually learning about it, and not attacking something you haven't a clue about, only repeating the nonsense creationists claim.  Here's a good site: http://www.talkorigins.org/  Please ask for help if you need things explained. 

And yes they can show why birds have evolved wings:  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/03/4/l_034_01.html

and cats can jump and climb which catches lots of birds, so no attributes that would lead to wings are being selected for.   Again, your ignorance shoots you in the foot.     

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
i have a question?

QFT

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »
  then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds

cats learned over time. that a bird has to get off the ground, cats can jump strait up, up to 10 feet in some domesticated species. of course there is my cat. very clumsy and usually trips or wipes out, then stalks easy prey, a mouse.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
I'm going to pull the plug on this thread now  - simply too many posts for me to respond to. I have a good idea on what makes some of you tick, which was my intention. Thanks.

I'll still be active elsewhere on the site I hope.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
Thank you Sir Robin.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
I have a good idea on what makes some of you tick, which was my intention. Thanks.

I do not think that you do.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +789/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Truthfinder, you need to set some higher standards for yourself. Relying on what you call logic will get you nowhere. Unless you're already where you want to go. Go ahead and learn something. Study a few things. It should take you less than fifteen minutes to get explanations about the early universe that make the vacuum thing you love so much go away.

But it will take some effort on your part. That's logical. Right?
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
Grant - we're done. I don't correspond with folk who just insult.

Don't pull that crap with us. If we're willing to correspond with people who think we deserve to burn forever in a lake of fire, then you can put up with a few insults.

Thank you dloubet.

The point I was trying to make when I said
Perhaps you should change to "hope", "wish", "believe" or "feel"
was that I don't believe that mm was actually applying any critical "thinking" when he states things like:
I thought Atheists are 100% adamant that God DOESN'T exist?
Personally I think people who passionately rail against God and swear blind he doesn't exist are much closer to finding God that those who aren't sure or just don't care

If those sort of findings are the resust of his "thinking" about them, rather than "feeling" (or even "understanding") for example, I pity his rationality.

The whole persona of mm is condescending, offensive and insulting. A dim witted smart arse who thinks he knows fuck everything, but really knows fuck all.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2012, 09:28:50 AM »
this is exhausting..i had no idea I'd get this level of discussion as a new member. I can't keep up...time out OK?
Translation: I came here to preach, not to debate!
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
Or, he really was overwhelmed by the volume of replies to keep up with.  Is that interpretation off-limits somehow?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
Or, he really was overwhelmed by the volume of replies to keep up with.  Is that interpretation off-limits somehow?

This. He made 59 posts in one single day. That's a lot of replies, if you're not used to it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »
I'm going to pull the plug on this thread now  - simply too many posts for me to respond to. I have a good idea on what makes some of you tick, which was my intention. Thanks.

I'll still be active elsewhere on the site I hope.

wow, it goes to show that your initial posts were just as much to be an asshole as I thought.  You have found you can't compete here and now lie, claiming that you just wanted to makes "some of us" tick.  What a good Christian that has no respect for your own god that hates lies and liars.  This is what makes me disbelieve the claim that there was too many responses to answer to.

If you are having trouble keeping up, request a one on one debate.  We've had many of them.  But I'm pretty sure you aren't interested in actual honest debate at all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:07:18 AM by velkyn »

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2012, 01:43:13 PM »

With the ALL-POWERFUL OMNIPOTENT on  your side, how could you be overwhelmed by anything?

:laugh:
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
Because...God Wills Ittm.  Or something.

Seriously, folks really can get overwhelmed on here when they're addressing a crowd.  MM's said plenty of questionable things that merit responses without people picking on him for being human.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:25:55 PM by Azdgari »
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
Hey magic,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Somehow I didn't even realize that you had addressed my comment. At any rate welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Now, my first inclination is to interpret your response as "I feel compelled to strongly promote my belief that there is no absolute source of right and wrong ( the Christian God ) in order that my children don't get the wrong idea about what is right and wrong"

Is that a reasonable summary of what motivates you to promote atheism?

It is a reasonable summary, however it is not an accurate summary. I do from time to time defend atheism...or more specifically, atheists. But I don't promote atheism.

I didn't want to teach my kids that Santa was "real" because it just confuses them and is dishonest. Has nothing to do with an absolute source of right and wrong. Has nothing to do with God. My plan was to teach them the tradition of hanging stockings and santa clause and all that fun holiday stuff but from the understanding that it isn't "real" in the sense that some creepy fat man is judging their behavior all year.

As far as Gods go, I don't want to teach my kids that some all powerful entity is judging their behavior their whole life. It's just confusing and is dishonest. My plan is to teach them to respect themselves and treat others with respect. To try not to judge others and not worry too much about being judged by others.

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
[you should realize first that i am talking about logic and not science,then we should also

Velkyn already called him out that we didnt evolve from chimps.  But this is the kind of stuff that bugs me.  Christians (not all, dont want to make assumptions its just a common theme) just jump to conclusions about what scientists believe in their respective fields without even reading even the basic information from them.  You would think something as important as the origin of universe would merit reading a little bit of reading about evolution, big bang etc than just relying on what they hear in casual conversations and what their preachers say science believes.  Get it from the horse's mouth and not rely wholly on others with agendas to tell you things.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
[you should realize first that i am talking about logic and not science,then we should also

Velkyn already called him out that we didnt evolve from chimps.  But this is the kind of stuff that bugs me.  Christians (not all, dont want to make assumptions its just a common theme) just jump to conclusions about what scientists believe in their respective fields without even reading even the basic information from them.  You would think something as important as the origin of universe would merit reading a little bit of reading about evolution, big bang etc than just relying on what they hear in casual conversations and what their preachers say science believes.  Get it from the horse's mouth and not rely wholly on others with agendas to tell you things.

But if they did that and were intellectually honest, they might find themselves on our side of the fence... :o
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.