Author Topic: Who else is tired of Obama?  (Read 2440 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Who else is tired of Obama?
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
and more ignorance and propaganda from an idiot.  Same idiot before same idiot now. Just so desperate for external validation. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
Didn't SteveOxford claim to be a communist way back?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »
Steveox, I'm a bit confused. You don't like the GE lightbulb made in China (and I agree) but back in the 80's during Reagan's second term, I worked for a fortune 100 company that was building a huge factory in China while it was still pure communist (PPG). So what does Obama being in office have to do with this. The rich have been shipping jobs out of this country for decades. It didn't start on January 20, 2009.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

I don't know, but I remember he hated Bush and was a Hillary supporter in 2008...

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
author=Steveox link=topic=21138.msg470259#msg470259 date=1326395142
Even the ones who voted for Obama is stupid. Like they dont even know where Obama got them free money. They dont even know where it came from.

You came to an atheist forum for this? Not enough rightwing flag waver forums to post on?

What are you complaining about? Presumably you're "pro life". Well enjoy the fruits of your labours.

"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
Who else is tired of people bashing Obama and saying that he's done a poor job without presenting any actual evidence for it?[1]
 1. Read my post three times before replying, to be sure that you didn't stop at "job".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
he hasn't been perfect but he has done some important stuff

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
Americans saying we should vote Republican now, is like Germans saying they should vote Nazi in 1949.  Blaming all of the fallout of the WAR on the party who inherited the damage, and mooning over the 'good old days' before the economic hardships, because it's all the new administration's fault that everything is a smoking ruin.

RE-TAR-DED.

If McCain had got into office, he would have spent EVERY SINGLE PENNY that Obama did, in much the same way.  He (and the rest of the Republicans) were contributing to that big bail out plan.  The only difference is, we'd be busy fighting THREE wars (he'd have started one with IRAN pretty quickly), and we'd have probably sent TROOPS into Libya, instead of lending support to NATO on the back end.

Do you hate health care?  Because that was a major accomplishment, even as gimped as it was by Republican 'contributions' to it.  It's still being fought against by people who believe that medical care should be a privilege, and who don't give a fuck what sick people spread around after they fail to go to a doctor to identify what's wrong with themselves and get treatment to cure it.  I would rather pay a little extra for my health care to guarantee it actually fucking EXISTS when I get sick or hurt, rather being 'denied' and 'cancelled' for any weak excuse the corporation can concoct.

Even worse for Obama, he has been completely unable to do ANYTHING because THE SAME COMPLETE FUCKING RETARDS already gave the Republicans control of the house in 2010.  With lots of screaming moron tea-baggers, to boot.  Since then, congress has been effectively shut down.  Anything Obama MIGHT have done about jobs and the economy (i.e. more road/infrastructure construction jobs) was ENDED.  The president can only sign bills.  If a large hunk of congress petulantly sits there and rejects EVERYTHING, there is nothing for the president to sign. 

IDIOTS.

Republicans want failing bridges and potholed highways.  They've shown that. 

They want eternal war to subsidize oil, and infinite military spending, and cut everything else. 

They want a police state.  Electronic Stasi for all of America.

They want Jesus to be in charge, and they want to be the ones who tell us 'Jesus sez'. 

Jesus will definitely get around to saying that only certain kinds of Christians can hold office.  Only certain kinds of Christians can vote.  Only certain kinds of Christians can have anything sort of like 'freedom'...

Go ahead.  Give them a big enough majority for a constitutional convention.  See what we get.

'We the Christians, in order to form a more perfect union with God, to purge the heathens and secure His perfect graces for all who remain...'

Not that the fundies aren't infecting the Democratic party with their madness, too.  If they get a good foothold in there, well...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
Others like Huntsman, Paul, hell even Romney ... aren't pandering to any specific sect of the populous.

Sorry.  I just spit tea all over my monitor. 

Are you fucking serious?

Looking at Israel logically involves realizing that in many ways they are an extention of the USA ...

you are going to have to explain that to me, because I don't see it.  My perspective - that israel is an albatross around the neck of Uncle Sam - has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with foreign policy.  Other countries in the region are our "would-be enemies" because of our unfair handling of the  palestinian situation.  If we were to approach the solution to that from a more fair position, we would not have the enemies in the region we have.

I am not against having a friendly relationship with israel.  It just has to be a more balanced relationship.  I am against helping them perpetrate ethnic cleansing and apartheid. 

And keep in mind, it is a very one sided relationship.  We give them $3Billion in free military goodies every year.  In turn, they are one of the top five worst countries that conduct espionage against us and they have undue influence over our political system.  Talk about having a frenemy...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:17:42 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »

I don't know, but I remember he hated Bush and was a Hillary supporter in 2008...

Steve O, if this is the same Steve O, was also fickle as a schoolgirl.  He might change his mind twice mid-sentence.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
Don't like Godwin's Law? 

How about the Japanese voting to bring back absolute Sh?wa military rule in 1955 or so.

I know, too obscure.  Though lots of Americans don't even know what the war in Europe was about, or what the Cold War was.  And they fucking vote.

Just about any example of a regime horribly crippling its nation, and then the nation doing an about-face after a few years of the consequences caused by that regime, only to return to the same regime that caused the damage.

I'd say Iraq and the Ba'athists, but they practically had a good thing going with their leadership before Bush made up a bunch of bullshit lies, started HIS war to universal Republican accolades, went in and destabilized everything, declared 'Mission Accomplished' after a few weeks, and then went on to do worse tortures, murders and atrocities to Iraqis, in the name of AMERICA for most of a decade, while opening the floodgates of terrorism and civil war by criminalizing the folks who knew how things worked in Iraq.  Set all the religious factions free to slaughter each other.  All in the name of 'democracy' (and trying to keep oil 'cheap' by subsidizing it with trillions of U.S. tax dollars and lakes of blood).  Around 4,000 U.S. casualties, and 100,000 Iraqis slaughtered.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Yet another fucking mess that Obama inherited, and CLEANED UP.  As best he could, anyway.  The Ba'ath party (or something just like it) will end up back in charge there.  That's what it TOOK to keep order in that madhouse.  The same kind of religious massacre funhouse that they want to re-enact in America.  But with a cross, instead of a crescent.

Religious indoctrination that teaches who to hate is what makes the Middle East such a fucking violent mess.  When you unclamp the chains, they go ape-shit and start killing each other, cuz GOD WANTS THEM TO.  And they want the same shit in America.  Religious indoctrination.  Hate atheists and other non-Christians.  Get it all started here.

And some of you fucktards want another Bush. 

Make no mistake, ANY of those Republican nominees will be just that.  Just not as 'adorable'.

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
Yes a lot of people made the same mistake voting for Obama. But yes i had to vote for Obama cause McCain was not a choice. It was that stupid RNC fault. You see its the electorals at those conventions choose your leader. YOU DONT! Just like back in 1984 the DNC had do choose Mondale instead of Gary Hart. If the DNC chose Gary Hart then Democrats might had a chance to stand against Reagan. Just like The DNC didnt nonminate John Edwards they had to Nominate John Kerry. Now if they would had chose Edwards then Democrats might had a chance to stand against Bush. These Conventions are nothing but a show. Why you think DNC get huge high TV ratings Bigger than the Superbowl? Because people love listening to BULLSHIT! Remember all in the Family episode Arch tells Edith its ok to lie on televison when she was doing a Laundry commercial. She likes her own brand instead of cheer. Televison is just a machine and GOD says its ok to lie on Televison,,The bible just means you cant lie to your friends or your family. Hes right if the bible is true to some people i think the lying thing is you cant lie to your friends or family but its ok to lie on televison. Exactly why Politicans lie to you. But the president wouldnt dare to lie to his wife though.

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +252/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
At times it looks like Obama is in over his head, but his swagger gets him by in the eyes of many because they have a difficult time getting past it.

No.  I think you're wrong.  What you perceive as him having a difficult time staying above water isn't because he's in over his head... it's because he's trying to swim with his hands tied behind his back.  As president, he can only do so much.  He's probably incredibly frustrated with the shit congress we've given him.  The republicans are so eager to get rid of him that they block everything he tries to do.  Imagine how awful that would be if it were you?  You'd look pretty upset all the time too. 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »
We need another tough Reagan president. Not another lame duck president like Jimmy Carter. Now i want you folks go to Wal-Mart buy a GE lightbulb. Here is says CHINA in front of it. Its time to put liberals out of office. The sooner the better.

Oh you mean to say America needs another puppet in office? Pull your head out of the sand, read some actual history. you know in books, not the Fox network.

Regan had very little to do with Russia moving away from communism, Russia did it all by them selves. America played a very small part. mostly I think they applauded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

Gorbachev's attempts at reform as well as summit conferences with United States President Ronald Reagan and his reorientation of Soviet strategic aims contributed to the end of the Cold War, ended the political supremacy of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU), and led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. For these efforts, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990 and the Harvey Prize in 1992 as well as Honorary Doctorates from Durham University in 1995,[1] Trinity College in 2002[2] and University of Münster in 2005, [3] and Eureka College in 2009.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »
{regarding the 'Real Reason' video.

I will admit that I didn't watch the real reason video. I'll also admit that any video that is titled with "The Real Reason.... Watch This" is complete bullshit.

And about the video with the 12 kids and the mother on welfare saying someone owes her. Get off your fucking back lady and get a job. Hell, if I had 12 kids, with the pay rate at my job, I wouldn't be able to get by either. Don't get my wrong; I am happy to help out. But what I can't stand is when people who struggle to get by keep on popping out kids, adding to their troubles. WIC's a good program, and welfare's a good program, and foodstamps is a good program, but with 12 kids she brought her trouble upon herself. Stop bitching, lady.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +602/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
I admit to being annoyed with Obama.  But most of the Republican candidates are unquestionably worse.  And the fact that they have to pander to a fundamentalist base makes even the ones who might be reasonable in another party unpalatable.

Offline shnozzola

• Reader
  • Darwins +110/-2
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
Wow, mention President Obama and the switchboard lights up.  SteveOx, I will bet you one dollar that President Obama is reelected.  After watching these debates, I think that both Romney and Huntsman would be good presidents, but IMO, Obama is better.  The republican’s best bet is Mitt.  I don’t quite understand why Huntsman hasn’t caught on with the faithful – maybe too new.

I agree with everyone who said Obama inherited a mess.  I also think he has remained more to the center than his original supporters would want in order to be reelected.  If he gets reelected, it will be interesting to see his policies when he doesn’t have to kowtow.  But again, a republican congress that  is more interested in replacing Obama than trying to fix the country’s problems is what is wrong with American politics, the same as if the roles were reversed.  Steveox, I feel for you without a job.  My stepdaughter has a job, but her mom insists she get a “real” job, but there are none out there.    Don’t you at least hold CEOs (mostly republican businessmen) responsible for jobs going overseas?  I am afraid this global economy is here to stay.  The profits are too big for the wealthy to ignore.

I respectfully advise getting retrained  - I wish I knew in what – then I could be wealthier.  I stumbled onto this website that has good information:
   http://www.studentsreview.com/salary.shtml
You can pick by salary, job satisfaction - different things.  You know, IMO it is wrong for us to say we are too old, too poor, too anything – damn it, go out there and get training to be the best veterinarian or plumber you can be.  Write a book, study law - Go to a community college and see how much student aid you can get – if there are no jobs in your area – MOVE!   You can continue to blame the president of the United States until you are in the grave.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
Truth is right what he says here. I get it,,Most of people here are very liberal why they defend Obama. Ill bet Truth here sees little jimmies around

I see Little Jimmies here

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
BTW,, If Obama get Re-elected ill puke!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:51 PM »
BTW,, If Obama get Re-elected ill puke!

Cool story. Grow up.

I have a solution for you, Steve. How about you run for president. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:30:40 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline rickymooston

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-11
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
And while you're at it, explain why you think a theocrat

Romney isn't a theocrat. He is a mormon but hardly a theocrat.

Ron Paul isn't a theocrat.

And objectively speaking, while he certainly pushed his faith too much, George Bush wasn't a theocrat either.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=little%20jimmies

So what are you saying, calling everyone a 'little jimmy'?

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
At times it looks like Obama is in over his head, but his swagger gets him by in the eyes of many because they have a difficult time getting past it.

No.  I think you're wrong.  What you perceive as him having a difficult time staying above water isn't because he's in over his head... it's because he's trying to swim with his hands tied behind his back.  As president, he can only do so much.  He's probably incredibly frustrated with the shit congress we've given him.  The republicans are so eager to get rid of him that they block everything he tries to do.  Imagine how awful that would be if it were you?  You'd look pretty upset all the time too.

This idea would have more power behind it if he (Obama) didn't spend over half of his time in office so far with a friendly  Democratic house..........

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
The big 3 U.S. automakers are poised to make profits, we are pulling out of Iraq, we are 'trying' to 'invest' in the future with Infrastructure,  companies are hiring and the unemployment trend has been falling among other things......

Obama isn't perfect.... He gave into tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires! He seriously signed an imprisonment treaty! Come on!  (Republican majority house so.....)  But..... if this were a Republican president they would be BRAGGING about how well everything is going right now! Without a doubt!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:05:30 PM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »
Cool story. Grow up.

I have a solution for you, Steve. How about you run for president.
Give me 150 Million Dollars ill do it,, I need campaign money to pay for staffers and run a lot of negitive ads against Mitt Romney. Here are my Negitive ads

Which Mitt Romney do you Belive?

Which Mitt Romney do you Belive?

Really Mitt Really? Thats not what did to Newt

So you dont pratice what you preach do you?

I need Money to run these ads

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
^^^ But you see, since we have intellect and 'Google Search' Steve, people like us here in this forum can see through negative add bullshit such and yourself.  ;)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
I need Money to run these ads

If you can just appeal to a few rich folks you can have all you want. Otherwise, like the rest of us, you're out of luck.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »
The Differance between ordinary people like Me and Donald Trump is Donalp Trump and i dont have the talent to inflance people like a double crossed politican does. I can try to campaign but i just dont have the Talent like those Hollywood stars do. Its like this why cant anybody just play in the NFL or Major League Baseball? You need the special skills of a ballplayer to play in front of 70,000 fans. You need the special skills to bullshit in front of the camera. Thats why ordinary people cant run for office,,Just look at Cain is a good example he couldnt be president. Anybody can run for office 150 years ago because ther were no TV or Radio back then. Nor there were no Movie thraters back in 1860. Thats why a poor boy like Abe Lincoln did it. Lets face it you think Abe Lincoln could become President today? NO..Ill tell you why because of TV & RADIO thats why

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »

I don't think even if you were Donald Trump you could "inflance" people like you want to.