Author Topic: Who else is tired of Obama?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
Who else is tired of Obama?
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »
I Hope he doesnt get re-elected. Ill be shocked if he does. But he doesnt deserve a 2nd term. But just in case he does get 2nd tern i hope GOP Sweeps the house again and regain the Senate and then the GOP can begin to impeach him. 

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Who else is tired of Obama?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
Perhaps you should explain the grounds for impeachment?

Offline pingnak

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:57:17 PM »
And while you're at it, explain why you think a theocrat who outspokenly wants atheists (and Muslims, and then anyone non-Christian, and eventually anyone who's not the 'right' flavor of 'Christian') put against a wall and shot would be a 'better' choice.

You think things will be 'better' when someone who claims he's doing 'God's Work' is in charge?

You know, we just aren't involved in enough wars, anymore. 

All that military equipment marching towards its 'use by' date. 

Yeah, let's get the Republicans who CRASHED THE ECONOMY IN THE FIRST PLACE completely back in power.

Great plan!  Marvelous!

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +240/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
I Hope he doesnt get re-elected. Ill be shocked if he does. But he doesnt deserve a 2nd term. But just in case he does get 2nd tern i hope GOP Sweeps the house again and regain the Senate and then the GOP can begin to impeach him.

Disagree.  He's not perfect, but he's done plenty of good things and should get another term. 

He's also the smartest man we've had in that office for at least 2 decades.  Probably more.  I like smart.  It's just too bad that doesn't translate to a smart congress.
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »
Really?? Look at the unemployment numbers. Just because yall have a job doesnt mean everybody has a job. Im still unemployed i still cant find a job! We elected him to fix the economy. The price of Gas has doubled since he took office. Unemployment rose from 7.1 to a whoopping 9.0 He has Created ZERO JOBS.. And his best buddy Jeffrey Immelt moved GE to CHINA!

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »
I second Jetsons request.....Please explain grounds for impeachment. 

Perhaps the OP has been seduced by Limbaugh and the rest of the nut case, right wing, members who do not understand or care to understand how the government is actually structured. The current president is NOT responsible for the current state of affairs, He has been hamstrung by a militant congress whose most fervent hope is that Obama is a one term president.

Pray tell us why we should or would impeach the poor bastard. The one fatal mistake that he has made is aspiring to the presidency in the first place. The reason that anyone would aspire to the presidency of this nation escapes my understanding. As soon as the office is attained the attacks begin. Jesus of Nazareth would be skewered by the opposition if he were unfortunate enough to let himself be elected to the US presdency. So the OP is merely practicing the national sickness of uninformed opinions.

For what it is worth, I do not think that the current pres. has been perfect. He has dropped the ball in more than one situation. He has scored some big time plusses too. Please enlighten me about any other pres in history who has ever batted 1000.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +792/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:43:24 PM »
Really?? Look at the unemployment numbers. Just because yall have a job doesnt mean everybody has a job. Im still unemployed i still cant find a job! We elected him to fix the economy. The price of Gas has doubled since he took office. Unemployment rose from 7.1 to a whoopping 9.0 He has Created ZERO JOBS.. And his best buddy Jeffrey Immelt moved GE to CHINA!

I certainly sympathize, and of course know many others with the same problem. But you need to keep a few things in mind. First of all, the economy was so messed up by Wall Street and the mortgage idiots it's a miracle that we're making any sort of comeback. There has been no time in our economic history where we bounced back quickly from such a shock tot he system. No republican could have done measurably better. All the stuff the republicans claim should have been done is just as unproven as what Obama did.

Secondly, another of our problems is the huge national debt left by the Bush administration. Whereas the Clinton administration had people studying whether or not it was actually practical to get completely rid of the debt (people wouldn't be able to buy "safe" government bonds, for instance), the Bush administration played the trickle-down card that republicans are always saying it the answer to all of our problems, and for at least six years the rich paid far less taxes. What happened? The economy tanked the the country had no money to solve the problem. When Bush took office, we were on track to be a debt-free nation by 2012. Junior fixed that right quick.

Obama was hamstringed by political and economic realities over which he had no control, regardless of his party affiliation.

The right claims Obama is a commie something or other, while the left sees him as a slightly left of center president more closely aligned with the politics of Dwight Eisenhower (a republican) than Stalin or Mao. He hires buddies from Wall Street, ignores the horrors and injustices of Guantanamo, cracks down on whistleblowers and wants my vote again. He has disappointed those of us who actually wanted change. When he came into office, he had to play Mr. Nice Guy and naively try working with the republicans, something that is no longer possible (and of course, the republicans cant work with the democrats. It works both ways when both sides have their heads up their butts. It might work slightly better if they were willing to put their heads up each others butts, but I dunno).

There are huge, huge problems in our political sphere. And Obama is often contributing to the crisis in government that all those in government are ignoring. I understand completely if you don't support him, but thinking that ineptness across the board can be solved by impeaching him when he hasn't even gotten good oral sex yet is futile. Putting effort into impeaching him when real changes could be made that would make a difference would just add to the current level of incompetence that we have masking itself as government (and anti-government).

The right laughs at the Occupy Wall Streeters because they don't seem to have a coherent policy. The reason for that is that OWS makes it okay to have more than one issue, and hundreds of problems are discussed and protested, rather than silly solitary issues like the crap the birthers conjure up. Find some real reasons to want change and work for that. Please. Otherwise, you're probably just treading water with all of the other one-issue folks.

When the rich and the right say "Oh crap, maybe we should stop shipping jobs overseas" I'll become a republican. But I think my current voter card will last quite awhile with "independent" written on it.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
Look at the unemployment numbers. Just because yall have a job doesnt mean everybody has a job. Im still unemployed i still cant find a job! We elected him to fix the economy. The price of Gas has doubled since he took office. Unemployment rose from 7.1 to a whoopping 9.0 He has Created ZERO JOBS..

Here.  You look:

That's from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.  Note how the unemployment started rising in the year before he took office, then stopped in his first year of office and has gone slowly down.  Note that the unemployment rate is 8.5%.

And his best buddy Jeffrey Immelt moved GE to CHINA!
He only moved the X-ray division to China.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._Immelt
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:08:58 PM by Historicity »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
And while you're at it, explain why you think a theocrat who outspokenly wants atheists (and Muslims, and then anyone non-Christian, and eventually anyone who's not the 'right' flavor of 'Christian') put against a wall and shot would be a 'better' choice.

You think things will be 'better' when someone who claims he's doing 'God's Work' is in charge?

You know, we just aren't involved in enough wars, anymore. 

All that military equipment marching towards its 'use by' date. 

Yeah, let's get the Republicans who CRASHED THE ECONOMY IN THE FIRST PLACE completely back in power.

Great plan!  Marvelous!

I wish I could thumb you down again...what the fuck are you smoking? This guy hasn't said ANYTHING ANYWHERE on this forum that indicates that he is religious. You seriously think you KNOW that he wants a right wing theocracy just because he disapproves of Obama?

Holy shit.

Do you use this same type of judgmental knee jerk bumper sticker projection on everyone?
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline pingnak

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
No, none of the Republican candidates have posted on this forum.

What are you smoking to believe that I believe he/she's doing anything but trolling?

You want Republicans in back in charge?  What you are 'wanting' and supporting, EXPLICITLY is theocracy.

Literally launching 'crusades' in the Middle East.  Haven't you paid attention to a single Republican debate?  Falling over each other to tell us how much they're a Jesus freak and how much they want to bend America over for Israel.

They keep telling us again and again that they are doing 'god's will'.

It's a reasonable conclusion that if you support Republicans, you want theocracy.  That's what took over the party over the last 30 years or so.  That's what you get for voting for them.

And yes, the Republicans DID crash the economy.  Flew it into the ground, full throttle.  Couldn't crater it any harder if they tried.  And then Obama comes into office, and then RETARDS who have no memory, and/or do not understand cause and effect, blame Obama for the fallout that came from the devastating damage from the economic collapse that was already happening since before 2006.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:35:26 AM by pingnak »

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 06:46:45 AM »
A few points to note here ...

At this time, Obama is the best candidate. That's right. It's either him or an anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-science bigot in office.

Could there be a better candidate? Fuck yeah ... if only the Democrats would put a better candidate out to compete with Obama... or if the US could let go of this stupid-ass dual party system and actually give someone else a chance via another political party.

Is Obama solely responsible for the US economy and it's troubles? No. Fuck no.

... and I'm sick and tired of hearing people's oversimplified views about how Obama has fucked the economy. As has been mentioned, one factor is having inherited a lot of ongoing repercussions of the actions of the previous 8-year administration... and he's not acting alone... he largely depends on the other branches of power to get anything done.

Not to mention that the US economy has been impacted by the global economy. There's a lot of US-only focus as if recent global economic crises had nothing to do with it ... or didn't you know the Euro is also in the shit and the banking issues impacted the UK and Europe just as badly as it did the US? Unemployment here in the UK has increased as well. Maybe I should blame Obama for that too?  &)

Given the current choices, Obama is by far the best candidate.

A lot of people just looove having a figure head to point their finger at and say "my life sucks and it's all your fault!". The issues are slightly more complicated than that.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »
No, none of the Republican candidates have posted on this forum.

What are you smoking to believe that I believe he/she's doing anything but trolling?

You want Republicans in back in charge?  What you are 'wanting' and supporting, EXPLICITLY is theocracy.

Literally launching 'crusades' in the Middle East.  Haven't you paid attention to a single Republican debate?  Falling over each other to tell us how much they're a Jesus freak and how much they want to bend America over for Israel.

They keep telling us again and again that they are doing 'god's will'.

It's a reasonable conclusion that if you support Republicans, you want theocracy.  That's what took over the party over the last 30 years or so.  That's what you get for voting for them.

And yes, the Republicans DID crash the economy.  Flew it into the ground, full throttle.  Couldn't crater it any harder if they tried.  And then Obama comes into office, and then RETARDS who have no memory, and/or do not understand cause and effect, blame Obama for the fallout that came from the devastating damage from the economic collapse that was already happening since before 2006.

You sound like you drank the cool aid.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

Is this former member Steve Oxford?  If so, it explains a lot.

The price of Gas has doubled since he took office.

WTF do you think, the president controlls gas prices?  That he has a lever to pull that raises or lowers the price of gas?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

Yeah lets get rid of the incompetent and elect someone who can really get the job of destroying the US done.  >:(
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
Here .... particularly interesting from minute 2:11:

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »

So you want another cowboy from the toy story in office so that we will have to go thought this again?
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »
At this time, Obama is the best candidate. That's right. It's either him or an anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-science bigot in office.

For those who feel this way, please tell us your reasoning? He's the best candidate because he is _____, does ______, and has a track record of _______. And please, don't go all RNC and say "he's the best cause he ain't one of them." I want to know what it is about THIS DUDE that makes people feel like he has done or will do a good job as Head of State.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »

For those who feel this way, please tell us your reasoning? He's the best candidate because he is _____, does ______, and has a track record of _______. And please, don't go all RNC and say "he's the best cause he ain't one of them." I want to know what it is about THIS DUDE that makes people feel like he has done or will do a good job as Head of State.

Unfortunately, that is pretty much the way I feel: Obama is the best choice because he hasn't done as much damage as, say, Santorum would.

In any event, in my own case, it's moot.  I live in Maryland, so my vote doesn't count; Maryland is one of the bluest jurisdictions in the nation, so if you live here, you're basically free to vote your conscience.  I typically vote third-party just to make a statement of protest about my objections to the two-party system.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »

Frankly there is no other reason for me. He's a severe disapointment. He done a little to restore science and education slashing the GWB did, but that's about it. This truly is a choice of lesser evils situation. I voted for his for change...what I got is more of the same at lttle lower volume.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
I personally think Mr. Obama has tried to do and succeeded in doing much of what he said he would do (Healthcare, Iraq, etc.). I take issue with his economic policies as well as how he has continued with many of the things the W. engaged in. Both have been horrible as it relates to the budget, economic policy, and spending and I see a lot of similarities between our last two Commander In Chiefs than most acknowledge as it relates to warmongering and the previously listed issues.
It appears that Obama seems to be continuing in causing other nations to hate the US much the same way that previous Presidents have, especially his predessesor. Obama, unlike those before him, seem to be uninterested in continuing in relationships with traditional US allies as he has done things to alienate the British PM as well as Israel. At times it looks like Obama is in over his head, but his swagger gets him by in the eyes of many because they have a difficult time getting past it.

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
We need another tough Reagan president. Not another lame duck president like Jimmy Carter. Now i want you folks go to Wal-Mart buy a GE lightbulb. Here is says CHINA in front of it. Its time to put liberals out of office. The sooner the better.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »

When I said he is the best candidate ... I didn't mean he is a good candidate. They are all really really bad. He's just the one who is least bad. Like I said in my post ... I would like to see another candidate emerge that is better than Obama.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
... as well as Israel.

fuck israel.  He is the first president in a long time to look at israel logically and in terms of our national interest instead of through a lens of morality and myth. 

We need another tough Reagan president. Not another lame duck president like Jimmy Carter. Now i want you folks go to Wal-Mart buy a GE lightbulb. Here is says CHINA in front of it. Its time to put liberals out of office. The sooner the better.

hey, fucking retard.  Maybe you want to respond to the people who went to the time and effort to reply to your prior idiotic posts before writing more of your stupid right-wing misinformation.  A "thank you for showing me that my facts were wrong" wouldn't kill you, would it?  An acknowledgement that your opinions are bullshit would be nice too.

The only thing I like less than an idiot is an ungrateful idiot.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:58:41 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »

Unfortunately, that is pretty much the way I feel: Obama is the best choice because he hasn't done as much damage as, say, Santorum would.

In any event, in my own case, it's moot.  I live in Maryland, so my vote doesn't count; Maryland is one of the bluest jurisdictions in the nation, so if you live here, you're basically free to vote your conscience.  I typically vote third-party just to make a statement of protest about my objections to the two-party system.

Santorum seems a bit extreme and is too strict socially and does not engender any confidence from a fiscal perspective as he does nothing but spout talking points of those to which he panders. Others like Huntsman, Paul, hell even Romney at least have more specific ideas and aren't pandering to any specific sect of the populous.

I couldn't agree more with you about the party politics system we have in place. I would love to see the day when America is strong, free, and party politics is a thing of the past.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
We need another tough Reagan president.
 Its time to put liberals out of office. The sooner the better.

Why?
It's not about liberal or conservative, it's about what's in the best interest of our nation primarily, and the globe secondarily. Our leadership would best serve the nation by being  more fiscally conservative, finding long term solutions to our ills, helping us become energy independant, while butting out of many social issues IMHO. I could care less whether the Commander In Chief is a liberal or conservative as long they focus on the about issues and get things worked out.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »

You live "way down south". Your area of the country consistently votes for conservative politicians at all levels from local to presidential regardless of the fact that it is the poorest part of America. You relentlessly vote against your best economic interests because of an obession with wedge issues. Yet the reason you don't have a job is Obama's fault. WTF!!

Whatever you are smoking I suggest you stop it immediately because it's destroying your brain cells.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
... as well as Israel.

fuck israel.  He is the first president in a long time to look at israel logically and in terms of our national interest instead of through a lens of morality and myth. 

Looking at Israel logically involves realizing that in many ways they are an extention of the USA in a region where nothing else resembles the US or our interests. Throw out the religious aspect that many attribute to Israel and you still have that nation being a strategic partner for the USA in a region where most other nations have would-be enemies in power.

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
Yall dont remember those 80s do ya? People had jobs and the military was strong again. Reagan was the only president successfuly bullied the soviet union.He even had the guts to make this speech.

Suppose Al Gore made that speech? The Russians would freakout and laugh at him
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:44:09 PM by Steveox »

Offline Steveox

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
Even the ones who voted for Obama is stupid. Like they dont even know where Obama got them free money. They dont even know where it came from.

Heres more stupid voters