Author Topic: Just a short little intro  (Read 489 times)

Offline Luigi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • ^.^
Just a short little intro
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:39:01 AM »
Hi everyone  :)

• My name is Luigi, I'm 19, and currently a sophomore in college. I'm studying bio-psychology.
  • My favorite color is orange and my favorite animal is the llama. I also like rubber duckies.
  • I'm not much for debating but would rather sit on the side and watch both sides. I usually feel as if I don't know enough about the world to actually make a decent contribution to a lot of topics. I also feel that as I get older, I'll feel more comfortable contributing.
  • I try to be very open-minded about everything. However, I've met a lot of stupid people and sometimes judge people before I should.
  • While I was born and raised Catholic, I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. I don't know if I believe in God or not. Some days, yes and some days, no. I'm very on the fence about it and because of that, am willing to listen to anyone's views on him.
  • Instead of religion, I just believe in helping people and being a good person. I'm not always the best person I can be but I try to learn from my mistakes.

well, I don't know what else to write. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.  :)
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: Just a short little intro
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:21 AM »
greetings fellow earthling :)

• Instead of religion, I just believe in helping people and being a good person. I'm not always the best person I can be but I try to learn from my mistakes.
great attitude  +1

.....no doubt your cyclical return to belief (dummy sucking ;) ) will be questioned in detail elsewhere on site, so again, welcome and I look forward to seeing you around the boards
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:36:51 AM »
Welcome to the Forums.  :)

I'm not much for debating but would rather sit on the side and watch both sides. I usually feel as if I don't know enough about the world to actually make a decent contribution to a lot of topics. I also feel that as I get older, I'll feel more comfortable contributing.

I've learned quite a bit in my time doing just that. With my high number of posts, it seems like I have something to say about everything, but at this time I average 1.2 posts per day. I mostly lurk certain topics.

I try to be very open-minded about everything. However, I've met a lot of stupid people and sometimes judge people before I should.

A good quality followed by, "We're only human." We live. We learn. We hope we don't make the same mistakes. There are times, it's easier 'said', than 'done'. It would certainly be easier if "stupid" didn't get under my skin. Same for you?

• While I was born and raised Catholic, I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. I don't know if I believe in God or not. Some days, yes and some days, no. I'm very on the fence about it and because of that, am willing to listen to anyone's views on him.

Ex-Catholic myself, though I have a divorce to thank for that. ie. My father who ended up getting custody, was not Catholic. Rather, it was him getting custody that gave me the excuse to not goto a Catholic Church. We ended up having to go to a Baptist Church instead, because his new wife was Baptist, but it was better, in my opinion, than Catholicism. Plus, donuts on the 1st sunday of every month, sweet!

Even when I read the bible and lost my faith, after 18 years of conditioning, I still haven't kicked all the habits I had back then. Even after 5, 10 years or so, they're still there. I couldn't kick it, so I redirected it. Now I give to a woman, what I used to give to God... plus she wouldn't need to worry about me loving some dude more than her.  ;D

well, I don't know what else to write. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.  :)

Why name yourself after Mario's brother?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
welcome, Luigi.   It's hard to lose a religion and being on the fence is where a lot of us found ourselves for a long time before we lost all belief in god/gods. 

You'll very likely become more comfortable the older yuo get and more importantly, the more you learn.  I would never have been as outspoken at 19 as I am now at 45.  And do be open minded, but not gullible. There's a difference.  :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Hey, Luigi, welcome aboard!!!  ;D  Good to see you here!!!  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:34:36 PM »
Hey, wait a minute, didn't we meet somewhere recently?

Are you stalking me?  ;)

Offline The Wannabe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Agnostic atheist...until further notice.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
Welcome to WWGHA, Luigi!  I'm assuming from your handle that you like Nintendo, or at least have an affinity towards towards "Mama Luigi".  ;D

I'm ruffly the same age as you, and this is ruffly the same experience i've been having for the last year or so.  After joining this forum, my bias has slowly been leaning towards that of non-belief, and i'm now almost certain that the god of the bible is (thankfully) non-existent. 

I'm sure you'll eventually come to your own conclusions on the matter, in the mean time enjoy the forum  :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:16:10 PM by The Wannabe »
"I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance."  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
Instead of religion, I just believe in helping people and being a good person.

One of the great pleasures in life.

Offline Luigi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • ^.^
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
Kin Hell: It's nice to meet you. I'll see you around the forums, I suppose.  :)

TruthSeeker: Nice to meet you and very interesting additions. As for my name, I originally had the name Liquifire on the Farmville forums (no judgements, haha) but quickly received the nickname Luigi from the members there. Then a bunch of members from the FV forums migrated to Is God Imaginary? (IGI), so I took the name Luigi because everyone called me that anyway. When it came time to pick a username here, I decided Luigi was best because not only did I like it, but I knew that there were several members on IGI that also had an account here and it would help me be recognized by them (hence Gnu Ordure's reaction). Not to mention, I have an attachment to the Luigi the Llama avatar I sometimes use.  ;D

Velkyn: Thank you for the advice. I've never found myself to be particularly gullible because I've always felt the need to question everything myself. I often do my own research on topics before I believe anything. I think that's why I have such a hard time with believing in God. There's just not enough solid evidence that supports Him.

Traveler: *waves*  8)

Gnu: That obvious, huh?  ;D

Wannabe: Actually, I don't really have an opinion on Nintendo or Mario and his clan. I never had a gaming console growing up and I rarely played any games involving Mario. And quite honestly, I don't know what/who Mama Luigi is.  :o That being said, thank you for the welcome. :)

Historicity: I agree.
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Offline JL

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • Jin Jing ??...You are beautiful :)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 12:14:04 AM »
Rubber duckies? Do you work for Lufthansa ?  :laugh: And welcome to WWGHA forum. :-*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:16:25 AM by JL »
"Religion is regarded by the common man as true, the wise man as false, and the rulers as useful"

Now listening to--> Linda Chung 'My Love Story Album'

For Jazz :Exotica by Paul Taylor + The Dream by David Sanborn and Latin Quarter by Marc Antoine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:24:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. :)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Well, when you explained it, it made perfect sense.

Cute avatar.  8)