Author Topic: God revealed the next US president ... but shhh: it’s a secret.  (Read 519 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-0
  • IXNAY
Who was it revealed to? Pat Robertson, of course:

“I think He showed me the next president, but I'm not supposed to talk about that,” Robertson explained. “So I'll leave you in the dark — probably just as well — I think I'll know who it will be.”  God, who obviously isn't a Democratic voter, told Robertson that President Barack Obama had “a radical view of the future of this country.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/03/pat-robertson-god-revealed-the-next-president-but-its-a-secret/

What a loon.

There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Gill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +5/-58
Re: God revealed the next US president ... but shhh: it’s a secret.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
What I think is loony is someone who believes spending billions, eh, trillions of tax dollars will somehow help the economy.  Hopefully god told him anyone but Obama.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +251/-31
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
^^ Troll.
Unless you are Scarlett Johansason or something.  lol  i'd like to punish her with  my baby.  lol

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +164/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »
What I think is loony is someone who believes spending billions, eh, trillions of tax dollars will somehow help the economy.  Hopefully god told him anyone but Obama.

Odd that you don't agree that Pat is a looney?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +251/-31
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »
I wonder if Gill is in favor of cutting military spending and bringing all the troops home?  And raising taxes?

After all, the deficit is a serious threat.
Unless you are Scarlett Johansason or something.  lol  i'd like to punish her with  my baby.  lol

Offline Gill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +5/-58
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
No comment.  You know, I realized my post was off topic and that's why I edited it.  No need to get all political.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/03/pat-robertson-god-revealed-the-next-president-but-its-a-secret/

What a loon.

Yeah, I saw that too.

Odd how there is never any actually specific information in these 'visits' only that a "republican" is going to win.
But...

I fully Support Pat Robertson.  Yep.  That's right, you heard it here first.
A Republican President will win for sure, God said it's so.

So rest easy Conservatives, rest easy. 
You don't even have to go to the voting polls, after all... *GOD* has already ordained that it's not Obama.  Take the night off, break out some beer and watch the election unfold from your couches.  Perhaps put a couple of old Pat Robertson tapes on, for mood.

Post this on your fridge on election day.

Don't forget to check it off AFTER the election is over.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:53:34 PM by MadBunny »
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-0
  • Human Bean
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
Whoo boy, so glad I don't live in America... we like to bag our government here in Australia but they just don't compare to the current US Presidential candidates...
It's YOUR god, it's YOUR rules, YOU go to hell.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Noah's ark is a problem. We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon, only way to fit 5000 species of mammal in the same boat."
- River Tam

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +441/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
Given that this is the same man who argued that Haiti was cursed by God for some "deal with the devil" to kick the French out right after it was hit by that big earthquake a year or two ago, given the other completely ludicrous things he's said God told him, why would you take anything he said on the subject seriously?
Worldviews:  Everyone has one, everyone believes them to be an accurate view of the world, and everyone ends up at least partially wrong.  However, some worldviews are stronger and well-supported, while others are so bizarre that they make no sense to anyone else.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »
yay, more lies for Christ!   Poor Patty, so desperate for attention that he has to use one of the most pathetic tricks in the book, "oooh, I knows a sekrit but Gawd tol' me I can't reveal it". 

and it seems that one troll knows another. Congratulations Gill!
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
“The future of the world is at stake because if America falls, there’s no longer a strong champion of freedom and a champion of the oppressed of the world.
NSFW

America ........Fuck Yeah!

The deity's dick-tease pre-season release to this on-his-knees dazed-dick sleaze?  Geez Louise please!
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Gill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +5/-58
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Given that this is the same man who argued that Haiti was cursed by God for some "deal with the devil" to kick the French out right after it was hit by that big earthquake a year or two ago, given the other completely ludicrous things he's said God told him, why would you take anything he said on the subject seriously?

I don't take anything Pat Robertson says seriously.     But if this is just a thread made to talk about how crazy people think Pat Robertson is, I'm out.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
Pat has a direct line to God.  They talk often.  I just don't understand why God let a man like Obama win in 2008?  I guess the country needed to be punishd for gays and abortions.  Think of all the money we could save by just calling the election now since we already know God has picked the winner.  So much for free- will and all.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »
What I think is loony is someone who believes spending billions, eh, trillions of tax dollars will somehow help the economy.

It's basic economics. In the short term, money injected into the economy has a stimulating effect, whether it comes from the government or the private sector.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
I don't take anything Pat Robertson says seriously.     But if this is just a thread made to talk about how crazy people think Pat Robertson is, I'm out.

seems like that is exactly what this thread is about, and to make fun of anyone who thinks they talk to god.   It seems that you thought you'd get some external validation about your opinions about Obama and the economy.  I wonder, would you believe Patty if he said that God was against Obama?  Many theists are all about how their god agrees with them and how special they are because of that.  Quite a classic case of self-projection as god.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »
I predict that if one of the Republicans beats Obama this November, Pat will tell us that's the one God revealed to him all along! If Obama wins, he'll change the subject to gays, or abortion...

Offline One Above All

• Professor
  • Darwins +223/-30
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Egocentrism? Check[1].
Delusions? Check[2].
Lying? Check[3].
Guy seems to defy the average lifespan? Check[4].

I'd call Poe on this, but I know he's for real.
 1. No USA, no world. This election is the single most important event in the history of the universe.
 2. God spoke to him (through a hairdryer, I presume).
 3. I know something you don't and I'm not gonna tell you until it actually happens, so that I can say "I knew that was going to happen" and you can't say anything against it!
 4. It always seems like these retards are basically zombies walking the Earth. That's probably why so few people actually point out their idiocy. "Respect your elders even if they're complete retards" and all that BS.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
There can't be many countries in the world were someone can go on national TV and say God speaks to him without having a nice rubber room in the happy house reserved just for him. We certainly have nothing like him in the UK.

A few years ago we did have a guy called David Icke who claimed he was the son of god. Apparently he's very popular in America. What a surprise.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3958468/Get-on-yer-bike-David-Icke.html Why am I not surprised.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Gill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +5/-58
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
What I think is loony is someone who believes spending billions, eh, trillions of tax dollars will somehow help the economy.

It's basic economics. In the short term, money injected into the economy has a stimulating effect, whether it comes from the government or the private sector.

And the government is getting that money from the private sector.  Basically, having the attitude that they are better at investing money than people in business...

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »

And the government is getting that money from the private sector.  Basically, having the attitude that they are better at investing money than people in business...

Hey. Just ask the banks and insurance companies. They're brilliant at investing money.  &)
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline kevyrat69

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • oh rats.
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »
What if it was Allah that was talking to Patty?  Ya never know. 
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

whatever people are experiencing when they experience God, it's not something they're perceiving in the external world. It's something their brains are making up.
Greta Christina

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
Perhaps Robertson is on to something... :o

Mexican Grand Warlock predicts Obama loss in 2012

MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s Grand Warlock predicted US President Barack Obama would fail to win re-election and two more Latin American leaders would be diagnosed with cancer, in a traditional New Year’s forecast Tuesday.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/03/mexican-grand-warlock-predicts-obama-loss-in-2012/
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Well, that settles it.  1st Pat R and now a warlock.  And on yahoo news they just posted a pic of Sarah Palin with a new hair do (I guess this is big news).  Obama is toast...and toast without Jesus pic on it.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 03:39:28 PM »

Do you really think you're up to a discussion of Keynesian economics, Laffer curves, tax code and economic disparity from a historical perspective?
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
Since he's never right how do we know it isn't really Satan telling him this stuff to make god look bad?

Offline kevyrat69

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • oh rats.
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »
Since he's never right how do we know it isn't really Satan telling him this stuff to make god look bad?

Maybe he will say that after Obama wins the election?
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

whatever people are experiencing when they experience God, it's not something they're perceiving in the external world. It's something their brains are making up.
Greta Christina