Author Topic: Rick Santorum  (Read 1842 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Rick Santorum
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Indeed.

some rather rude humor about Santorum and the Iowa nonsense: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/01/04/santorum-surges-from-behind/
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »
...aaaaand she's out!

Michele Bachmann to suspend presidential campaign
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/04/1051451/-Michele-Bachmann-to-suspend-presidential-campaign?detail=hide

Nice to see her join Gov. Goodhair on the scrap heap. I guess his big summer Jesus Rally didn't win over the man upstairs...Jesus preferred helping Tim Tebow!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
poor Michelle and Perry, God obviously lied to them!
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »

Now now, we all know it was part of God's Plan.TM  He was TESTING them.  You have to keep in mind that even though it makes no sense, god Works In Mysterious Ways.TM
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »

Lied to Bachmann. Apparently Perry hasn't got the message. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/From-the-Wires/2012/0104/Rick-Perry-tweets-that-he-s-still-in-the-GOP-hunt Must be a sucker for punishment.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »
Looks like the Mormon won and the other idiot came in second. Then the rest of the idiots came in third, fourth, fifth, etc. I'm seeing a trend here.
Just proves that wearing magic undies works. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
it utterly baffles me on how any woman thinks she could ever be elected to president or even vice president by these misogynistic idiots.

Probably hoping that the country's growing distaste for the same old politician would give them a possible wedge into the nomination. Unfortunately they are in the party that pretty much wants the same old politician. Oops.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »
It's all about fractional politics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/iowa-caucus-results_n_1184479.html

The numbers tell the story: of the 2,250,423 voters in the state (using the higher voting-eligible population), only 147,255 came out last night. And of those, only 122,255 voted in the Republican contest, for a turnout percentage of 5.4 percent. And if any of the hype about Democrats, Occupiers, Anarchists, interlopers, and stray ACORN activists (those that haven't been secreted off to Bagram Air Force Base for indefinite detention) -- all voting on the GOP side to gum up the works -- is true, it's possible that there was an even smaller percentage of sincere GOP voters.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=122%2C255%2F2%2C250%2C423

This means that the whole pacman is being controlled by a tiny sliver.

Not really what we like to think of when we imagine "democracy" in our heads is it?

Ultimately thanks to this kind of thing politicians can pander to fringe groups with high personal motivation.  With low voter turn out, the advantage goes to the most motivated.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
Huntsman is the only one with a modicum of sanity, and he seldom earns mention in republican popularity polls.  That says volumes.  The nuttier the better for the tea-timers.

I was about to say this as well. I cannot for the life of me understand why more people aren't behind this guy. He is more moderate and reasonable than most of the others and he has experience and a pretty good track record.

Offline bosey926

• Reader
  • Darwins +8/-1
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
^^^I'm behind him in the Republican primaries for Ohio.  That is, to reassure President Obama's re-election I had two options.  My initial one was to go with Herman Cain and force the casual independent uninformed voters to vote for Obama in the generals if he were to get the primary.  First, though, if Cain were to have made a semi-successful run at the candidacy, I think you would have seen the racist folks come flying out of the wood-works of the bible belt.  They would never let a black man get their candidacy, and if they did, the lesser of two options for the same independents and fence line conservatives is who?  Obama...by a country fucking mile.
     Now, obviously, I am down to only one option.  John Huntsman.  When the race card gets taken off of the table; what else do you have to play against your own incompetent party?  Competence of course.  Well that and religion.  He is a Mormon, but the fact that *beautiful southern accent* "he speaks that yellow man language" and "wears his magic underpants", all make him the antonym to the general, stupid, uniformed, registered republican.  Ergo he gets my vote.  Hopefully in turn causing turmoil amongst the GOP and the re-election of Obama.
     Of course this isn't going to happen.  Romney has far too much money.  He'll get the nomination and we'll see whether or not the GOP gets behind him.  Just hoping we don't take ten steps back after taking only a couple forward.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »
It's a bit OT, but I tend to agree that Huntsman is probably the only candidate on the stage at the moment who has a chance against President Obama.

I honestly think that a lot of people who voted for President Obama last time, actually were voting against Sarah Palin.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +121/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
It's a bit OT, but I tend to agree that Huntsman is probably the only candidate on the stage at the moment who has a chance against President Obama.

Yes, he's actually lived in a foreign country, speaks a foreign language and engaged in foreign relations.

Oh, that's right, Romney did that, too. Maybe it's because Romney is Mormon.

Oh, crap, that's right. Huntsman is Mormon, too.

Must be the slimy deal-making for the vacillating job destructor.

I wonder if Huntsman wonders at this point if he should have remained the ambassador to China.

I honestly think that a lot of people who voted for President Obama last time, actually were voting against Sarah Palin.

They could have either voted for Senile and Vacuous, or Stable and Experienced. I think it was both a vote against and for -- double whammy.  Besides, I think a lot of Americans finally decided that a black man couldn't fuck up the country any more than it already was.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »
I think Obama has done a good job, especially with the sizeable number of idiots in Congress.  Just arrrrgh signing that damned "indefinite detention" bill has made feel very betrayed.    What a totally contemptible act.  But I'd still take him over any of the theocrat republicans.  and they all seem to be that.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Apparently Mr Santorum thinks Americans don't die because they don't have healthcare.

Santorum: No One Has Ever Died Because They Didn’t Have Health Care

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/santorum-no-one-has-ever-died-because-they-didnt-have-health-care/politics/2011/12/06/31304

From a link in one of the comments

Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/17/us-usa-healthcare-deaths-idUSTRE58G6W520090917
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
Since the forum crash, I have been going into political watching with the GOP candidates instead of debating religion or any bs such as that. I kind of take that back since GOP and religion go hand in hand.

Rick Santorum, reading him, wants us to go into a Catholic Theocracy. Hearing some of what he has done in PA, and what he wants to do, is pretty scary to say the least.

In one of the debates, I remembered one of them stated he wanted to start another war in addition to going back to Iraq. I don’t know why all of our candidates want to be in Iraq so badly, except Ron Paul as He doesn‘t want us in Iraq or any of the other “wars” we are fighting.

Speaking of RP, he and Santorum got into a scuffle at the New Hampshire debate where Paul was calling Santorum corrupt, since Santorum is all about big government, big spending etc. Kind of funny that one of Santorum’s rebuttals was that He was the Head of a Health Care company or something of the sort, was medical related and was a huge business. I also remembered they went on about him being a lobbyist, and made a pretty penny because of it.

For the kicker, find out what Santorum really means. 1st result on Google search should tell you, and it will be pretty sad to have that as our president!

^^^I'm behind him in the Republican primaries for Ohio.  That is, to reassure President Obama's re-election I had two options.  My initial one was to go with Herman Cain and force the casual independent uninformed voters to vote for Obama in the generals if he were to get the primary.  First, though, if Cain were to have made a semi-successful run at the candidacy, I think you would have seen the racist folks come flying out of the wood-works of the bible belt.  They would never let a black man get their candidacy, and if they did, the lesser of two options for the same independents and fence line conservatives is who?  Obama...by a country fucking mile.

Ah, Herman Cain. With all the bs that the GOP has spouted, I would actually welcome him back. He would have been interesting and entertaining to say the least. Getting the 999 tax plan from the Sims, quoting a Pokemon Movie while leaving, he could have had a few great ideas there. Maybe getting a military strategy from Call of Duty, getting a society like Legend of Zelda going, maybe look to Battlefield as to how to spend our money and on what kind of technology, the possibilities could have been endless!

Now, obviously, I am down to only one option.  John Huntsman.  When the race card gets taken off of the table; what else do you have to play against your own incompetent party?  Competence of course.  Well that and religion.  He is a Mormon, but the fact that *beautiful southern accent* "he speaks that yellow man language" and "wears his magic underpants", all make him the antonym to the general, stupid, uniformed, registered republican.  Ergo he gets my vote.  Hopefully in turn causing turmoil amongst the GOP and the re-election of Obama.

I actually agree to an extent with you. I also find it funny on Huntsman taking it to Romney on Chinese foreign policy in the debates. Romney being an idiot, saying Hunstman’s plan with China mimics Obama’s, and with the economy improving despite Romney’s claims, I think Romney helped Huntsman here to be honest.

My personal opinion, I think a Ron Paul presidency with Hunstman as vice president could work the best, based only off the little bit that I know of Hunstman. The rest of the GOP is trash to say the least, and Obama, I’ll support him over anybody else but Paul for presidency (Hunstman, I’ll have to do more research on. Him wanting us to go back to war is a turnoff for me.)

Obama is fixing the country, but at the same time though, I’m not a fan of him extending the Patriot Act, not a fan of NDAA (this bill was a step from going from democracy to dictatorship), and may not vote for him at all if he actually passes SOPA. If he got rid of those 3 bills, He would actually be one of the better presidents we have had in office. That being said, I did pay close attention to the House Republicans during that tax bill Obama demanded to pass, and it was definitely the Republicans who fucked us all up. I notice anything and everything Obama want’s to do that benefit’s the entire middle-class, the Repubs try to take it down. It baffles me that Obama signed that Republican created NDAA bill. At least he was able to remove the worst of it before passing it.

Of course this isn't going to happen.  Romney has far too much money.  He'll get the nomination and we'll see whether or not the GOP gets behind him.  Just hoping we don't take ten steps back after taking only a couple forward.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment! ;)

I agree, this is probably what is going to happen. The Bible Belt will freak. Who are they going to vote for, the black guy or the Mormon?

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »
Santorum actually described himself as the "Jesus candidate" the other day!
Rick Santorum: ‘We Always Need a Jesus Candidate’
According to Santorum, the interviewer said, “We don’t need a Jesus candidate, we need an economic candidate.”

“My answer to that,” Santorum added, ”was we always need a Jesus candidate. We need someone who believes in something more than themselves and not just the economy,” he added. “When we say, ‘God bless America,’ do we mean it or do we just say it?”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/rick-santorum-we-always-need-a-jesus-candidate/

That didn't go down too well with Jewish groups:
ADL slams Santorum for 'Jesus' comment
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=252595

I think Santorum has pretty much destroyed any momentum he might have gotten out of Iowa by focusing on religion, gay rights, abortion, and contraception (!). I bet he's too theocratic even for Republicans this year.  I predict a 4th or 5th place showing in New Hampshire, a fizzling out in South Carolina and Florida, and by next month he'll just be a footnote in the story of this campaign...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
I cannot for the life of me understand why more people aren't behind this guy.

Because he is more moderate and reasonable than the others.  repub primaries are not for reasonable or moderate candidates.  As Madbunny pointed out, they are driven by the extremists of the party.  It is a concerted strategy by them to make as many people in the middle as apathetic as possible.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »
I cannot for the life of me understand why more people aren't behind this guy.

Because he is more moderate and reasonable than the others.  repub primaries are not for reasonable or moderate candidates.   As Madbunny pointed out, they are driven by the extremists of the party.  It is a concerted strategy by them to make as many people in the middle as apathetic as possible.

One would think that to be the case but history has shown us that that may not be true. In this election cycle we see that it's Romney and Gingrich ahead in the polls and they are anything but extreme right zealots. In 2008, John McCain won the nomination and he was very moderate by comparison to your Bachmanns, Pawlentys, and Santorums of the world.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
One would think that to be the case but history has shown us that that may not be true. In this election cycle we see that it's Romney and Gingrich ahead in the polls and they are anything but extreme right zealots. In 2008, John McCain won the nomination and he was very moderate by comparison to your Bachmanns, Pawlentys, and Santorums of the world.

No, no.  Gingrich is indeed a loon.  Just not a religious loon.  And romney is only moderate in comparison to the other repub candidates.  The same for McCain.  He was not a moderate by any stretch.  Ever since about 1980 conservatives have been trying to out-right each other in the primaries and accuse their opponents of being too far to the left.  The overall effect of the primary is to push the whole spectrum of candidates to the right, to weed out the actual moderates.  This is called moving the Overton WindowWiki and it is intentional. 

Look at the repub party circa 1960.  They look like current democrats.  Even Barry Goldwater was left of some of the today's candidates.  Ever since then they have been trying (successfully) to move the whole country to the right.  They juxtapose someone (like Newt) who holds unacceptable ideas with someone who has preposterously outlandish ideas.  And by comparison newt no longer looks so unacceptable.  He might even look reasonable.  It would not surprise me if Bachmann's role was entirely scripted to fulfill that purpose. 

edit: the -->today's for clarity
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:47:33 AM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +121/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »
I think Obama has done a good job, especially with the sizeable number of idiots in Congress.  Just arrrrgh signing that damned "indefinite detention" bill has made feel very betrayed.    What a totally contemptible act.  But I'd still take him over any of the theocrat republicans.  and they all seem to be that.

Agree.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

Mind if I ask where you found out Gingrinch is ahead in the polls? I didn't even know he existed pretty much till just now.

The primaries show that in Iowa:

Mitt Romney 30,015 24.55%
Rick Santorum 30,007 24.54%
Ron Paul 26,219 21.45%
Newt Gingrich 16,251 13.29%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Republican_caucuses,_2012

And for the overall primaries till New Hampshire’s Primary ends in a couple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

I do know these stats will change once New Hampshire is officially done. Then we can look to South Carolina.

For the temporary New Hampshire caucus stats, here is a chart I got from a google search:

Mitt Romney 7 36.8%
Ron Paul 5 26.3%
Jon Huntsman 4 21.1%
Newt Gingrich 2 10.5%
Rick Perry 1 5.3%

everybody else got a straight up 0 and 0%.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=New+Hampshire+Primary+caucus&pbx=1&oq=New+Hampshire+Primary+caucus&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2906l11650l0l11946l40l22l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=cb5f4aec6a892e36&biw=1920&bih=885

So, Newt Gingrinch is 4th from every primary so far. Despite Huntsman bombing in Iowa, He’s doing pretty good in New Hampshire. I like how the Media is constantly portraying it Romney vs. Santorum, but if Santorum really got nothing like the chart is recommending, it is really Romney vs. Paul since he’s the only other candidate who’s being consistently high scoring 3rd or better every time. I am aware this will change come South Carolina, but still.

So, I would like to know where you are coming from Truth OT that Gingrinch is ahead in any kind of polls.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »

Agree.

Sorry for the double post, but I agree as well. The indefinite detention bill is NDAA. It also allows the military to police it's civilians, and all anybody has to do is say the magic words "he/she may be a terrorist" and through this law, they don't even need a habeus corpus, nor due process, nor trial to indefinately detain you in Guantanamo Bay. I am not sure if you even get compensation like you do in the civilian prisons if they find out you were innocent the entire time.

I still know he extended Bush's Patriot act, so I think He should still be looked down on for that. If he passes SOPA, you might as well kiss this website and the internet goodbye.

With that deadly combination being a loss of our freedoms for the start, you can say this is Obama's unholy Trinity. That is literally the only bad thing to make him non-electable. As Velkyn said though, this or a Theocracy, and I'm no Theocrat to say the least.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Mitt Romney 7 36.8%
Ron Paul 5 26.3%
Jon Huntsman 4 21.1%
Newt Gingrich 2 10.5%
Rick Perry 1 5.3%

So, I would like to know where you are coming from Truth OT that Gingrinch is ahead in any kind of polls.

If you want to shock yourself, try doing the math on how few people are actually involved in moving from 10% to 38% on those polls.

I think it's all just a shell game.  The clowns honking their noses for the crowd before the main show starts.  After that the Conservatives will just line up for whoever they're told to vote for.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
If you want to shock yourself, try doing the math on how few people are actually involved in moving from 10% to 38% on those polls.

I think it's all just a shell game.  The clowns honking their noses for the crowd before the main show starts.  After that the Conservatives will just line up for whoever they're told to vote for.

It's not just the conservatives since the system is at least partially broken. That is part of the reason I've reached the conclusion the republicans and democrats each have to field 2 candidates for the presidential elections – not the primaries. The primaries should only narrow it down to the top 2 not just the top 1. That way we shouldn't have elections like in 2000 and 2004 again. Right now if the GOP selects Gingrich or Santorum or Perry it is only that one versus Obama. And if Obama keeps signing laws he shouldn't sign then we could end up with someone in office who shouldn't be even allowed in the building.

It is feeling like a tag team between the GOP and Dems for setting up the fourth reich. I prefer President Santorum and VP Perry, I mean, Chancellor Palpatine and Jar-Jar to be fictional. My imagination can get the better of me at times so I look to the facts to reassure myself but when those facts include the Patriot Act and NDAA, it gets very difficult not to worry.   :-\
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +121/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »
Although Rick Santorum can pronounce individuals words and string them together into coherent sentences and paragraphs, that ability to speak is about the only ability he has. He is otherwise a dunce. His pandering to religious conservatives is getting him nowhere because, as it is becoming clear, Santorum is apparently too conservative for even religious conservatives. Santorum's 1958 religious rhetoric is way off the radar in a state with the motto of "Live Free or Die".

The results from New Hampshire show that the "Tea Party" is essentially over. Have you even heard the Tea Party mentioned in the past week? Nope. NONE of their beloved candidates have succeeded but rather have slowly slid into the abyss. Ron Paul is working with under 30 libertarian-leaning voters, not the typical 50+ Tea Party people who were showing up at rallies and were often religious conservatives marked with a new label. Paul's supporters often believe in evolution, gay marriage, marijuana and birth control, which is something that none of the other Republican candidates can quite grasp or stomach, and all of those issues give Romney, in particular, nervous ticks.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »
Mitt Romney 7 36.8%
Ron Paul 5 26.3%
Jon Huntsman 4 21.1%
Newt Gingrich 2 10.5%
Rick Perry 1 5.3%

While I do agree with you, those figures ARE the main show (concerning who is going up against Obama.) All these other polls before the primaries and the actual main election, are just shell games as you put it.

With what you said being True, it is painfully obvious if people take that route, it’s going to be Romney vs. Obama.

It is feeling like a tag team between the GOP and Dems for setting up the fourth reich. I prefer President Santorum and VP Perry, I mean, Chancellor Palpatine and Jar-Jar to be fictional. My imagination can get the better of me at times so I look to the facts to reassure myself but when those facts include the Patriot Act and NDAA, it gets very difficult not to worry.   :-\

Hehehe, if you really do want Santorum and Perry as such, then you are guaranteeing an Obama victory. Yes, USA has the Bible belt, but the USA is far smarter than that nowadays. Even most Christians think they are quacks and scoff at the idea of a 4th Reich Theocracy. That’s why I have no worries of them making it to presidency. To be honest, if it wasn’t for Ron Paul running as a Republican, I would want Rick Perry and Rick Santorum as THE Republican nominees, and then watch them be upset that Obama won in a massive landslide victory.

There is a chance that Romney may actually get presidency, and I want nothing to do with him being in office. When I watched the NH debates and He called Paul “Mr. Constitutionalist” and used that to be an insult, it said a LOT about what He represents. Forget Ron Paul, it’s the fact that he said Constitutionalist to be an insult that has me up in flames. That document that He is using as an insult is the very document He is supposed to be upholding and adhering to.

If Santorum really becomes President, then say hello to Catholic USA, as I did remember somewhere that due to Santorum’s extreme conservative stance on religion, our government would officially obey the Pope and Vatican for our government.

Also, with this being said, an update on what I said earlier since it’s pretty much official now:

Mitt Romney wins the NH primary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/10/mitt-romney-new-hampshire-primary-results-2012_n_1195638.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D126503

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
Hehehe, if you really do want Santorum and Perry as such, then you are guaranteeing an Obama victory. Yes, USA has the Bible belt, but the USA is far smarter than that nowadays. Even most Christians think they are quacks and scoff at the idea of a 4th Reich Theocracy. That’s why I have no worries of them making it to presidency. To be honest, if it wasn’t for Ron Paul running as a Republican, I would want Rick Perry and Rick Santorum as THE Republican nominees, and then watch them be upset that Obama won in a massive landslide victory.

There is a chance that Romney may actually get presidency, and I want nothing to do with him being in office. When I watched the NH debates and He called Paul “Mr. Constitutionalist” and used that to be an insult, it said a LOT about what He represents. Forget Ron Paul, it’s the fact that he said Constitutionalist to be an insult that has me up in flames. That document that He is using as an insult is the very document He is supposed to be upholding and adhering to.

If Santorum really becomes President, then say hello to Catholic USA, as I did remember somewhere that due to Santorum’s extreme conservative stance on religion, our government would officially obey the Pope and Vatican for our government.

Also, with this being said, an update on what I said earlier since it’s pretty much official now:

Mitt Romney wins the NH primary.

Heck, no! Santorum and Perry are the worst of a bad bunch. But Romney winning right now doesn't guarantee anything. Early on it looked like Hilary was going to be the Dem candidate last time but that changed. Huntsman is the only one who seems intelligent and whom I have not heard bad things about  (yet). Romney is a second choice. Paul used to be higher on the list but recent info about him has made me drop him to only slightly above Gingrich.

My suspicious side makes me wonder if Paul, Gingrich, Bachman, Santorum and Perry are all there for a Overton Window shift so the country is okay with electing a Mormon or two – Romney and Huntsman. Before this neither was much of a contender to my knowledge.

Offline Luigi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • ^.^
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
Honestly, I think Ron Paul is the only one with a brain in his head. The rest of the candidates are either religious nuts or a little too trigger happy. What the US needs is to get out of everyone's business and start decreasing big government, decreasing our debt, and decreasing our corruption. We need make our country better before try to shove our ideas down the throats of others.We need to stop being the World's police, especially since we're only "helping" countries where it will benefit us.

And Ron Paul is the only one who wants this and always has. He's been consistent for years. Hell, he probably had these ideas when the rest of the candidates were still in diapers.

Also, Santorum really is a piece of crap. He's an ignorant and bigoted lunatic who will only drive the US further down the path to destruction. 
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
Heck, no! Santorum and Perry are the worst of a bad bunch. But Romney winning right now doesn't guarantee anything. Early on it looked like Hilary was going to be the Dem candidate last time but that changed. Huntsman is the only one who seems intelligent and whom I have not heard bad things about  (yet). Romney is a second choice.

True, hence why if you want Obama re-elected, you want those 2 as the primaries.

Romney though, seeing all the debates, even just 1, He is exactly as the naysayers say he is, wishy-washy. I remembered 1 debate He was completely against Rick Santorum's views on contraception being illegal, and only then to in another debate completely agree with him like he always agreed with him. Any time a challenge comes to him, he likes to change things up as it goes along. It was fun watching him and Huntsman go at it in terms of how to deal with the trade with China. At least Romney can handle conflict, as Santorum acts like he tries to run away from conflict as much as he can. Ceratainly hope Santorum is better at selling his sweater vests for $100 instead of continuing this joke of a candidancy for president.

Paul used to be higher on the list but recent info about him has made me drop him to only slightly above Gingrich.

What kind of info are we talking about that made you dislike him? I hope this isn't that racism garbage from over 20 years ago that He didn't even write himself. This isn't dealing with that CNN reporter scuffle a day or 2 ago is it? I say that because I've heard that type of disdain for Paul in the past, but the man keeps on answering it over and over, and yet the media keeps on hammering it, since the media hates Paul (and Huntsman it seems) and they are trying to discredit Paul as a future President. So hearing something I haven't heard before will make me look into it a bit more.

I have even heard nonsense like Paul wanting to establish a Theocracy, Paul making abortion illegal, Paul giving free reign for terrorism after withdrawing all of our Troops, Paul making homosexuality illegal (that is Santorum, not Paul), Paul secretly living off of the government, Paul letting people die cause they can't afford health insurance, Paul wanting to completely dismantle Social Security etc. Deep down, all the bashing I've heard of him are either far out right-winged or left-winged agendas, or the media taking something completely out of context of what he was actually saying to make it look like he said something that had nothing to do with said subject.

My suspicious side makes me wonder if Paul, Gingrich, Bachman, Santorum and Perry are all there for a Overton Window shift so the country is okay with electing a Mormon or two – Romney and Huntsman. Before this neither was much of a contender to my knowledge.

It's a pretty cool theory, but I highly doubt that the Mormonism was part of the agenda. You can tell that the Media puts all the hype on Romney, and back in 2008 he was constantly dragged down for being a Mormon, but now it's okay and even encouraged to be openly Mormon.

Overall though, even with the new bad info on Paul, I would still vote for him because His ideas will bring change ultimately, wheras everybody else, is pretty much going to stay exactly where we are now. One quicky that I will say that makes me really like him. Everybody constantly says with all the cuts our government makes, why don't they cut their own paychecks? Well, Ron Paul pledged if He gets elected, He is going to personally drop His salary from 400,000 a year to 39,336 a year. Whether or not He keeps his promise, we'll see if He's elected. His track record bodes well with Him however, since He is the only congressman/govt worker I know who flat out refused ANY form of government benefits. Even if you don't like the guy, I at least appreciate He's going to start cutting government spending with His own paycheck 1st. Then from there, I love the fact he wants to return from the Federal Reserve to the Gold Standard. Since Gold is constantly going up in value and price, that move should immediately make our money worth a little bit more to the rest of the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/10/ron-paul-proposes-interes_n_1140723.html?ref=gop

One theory that I remembered, I know Santorum and the rest are for big governments and big govt. spending. One big reason why I think they really want to go to war so badly and send our children to war is because, since they are bought and payed for by big companies/banks etc. They are trying to give our money to said banks and it works through war. Believe it or not, war of any kind is the greatest asset to the Federal Reserve. All that money that we spend on war really goes to them. I don't know if this is True or not, but I did hear something along the lines that our debt that is soaring in the trillions is NOT because we owe China that money, it's because we owe the Federal Reserve that money. If this is indeed True and not some lie nor conspiracy theory, then Ron Paul wanting to do away with the Federal Reserve that Richard Nixon set into office, is really going to boost the economy like mad in terms of having our money be of value again.