Author Topic: Speaking in GoDs Language  (Read 21167 times)

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Speaking in GoDs Language
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:33 PM »
Jesus never claimed to be GOD. He said He was The Son of GOD.

Jehovah's Witness?

@EDIT: The reason I ask is I spent 18 years as a fundamentalist Christian, and, during that time, explored nearly every major Christian organization... consequently, I've learned a number of each organization's "buzz phrases." The above is a Jehovah's Witness favorite.

I have said that I claim no denominational or religious affiliation. I do not deny the Deity of Christ. My Mothers side of my family were raised Pentecostal. When I was little. I claimed that. But as I got older, by faith I stopped claiming any affiliation. Not that I am against my Brothers and Sisters in The Lord. I love people. And by faith I am choosing to trust in GOD.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

Jehovah's Witness?

@EDIT: The reason I ask is I spent 18 years as a fundamentalist Christian, and, during that time, explored nearly every major Christian organization... consequently, I've learned a number of each organization's "buzz phrases." The above is a Jehovah's Witness favorite.

I have said that I claim no denominational or religious affiliation. I do not deny the Deity of Christ. My Mothers side of my family were raised Pentecostal. When I was little. I claimed that. But as I got older, by faith I stopped claiming any affiliation. Not that I am against my Brothers and Sisters in The Lord. I love people. And by faith I am choosing to trust in GOD.

I can relate, although my journey ultimately led me out of the Christian faith altogether, a decision I do not regret to this day.

So tell me, if there is only one true God, how can your Jesus be "Deity" but not "God"?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »
He was fully man. He didn't think He was GOD. He always respected His Fathers wishes.

Okay, he's a man then. Then u should never put your faith in man. just like what u said

You think faith is foolish, even GOD said you would. Instead of trusting in GOD, you put your trust in man.

Well, then why u put your faith in man?

Rest assured I do not want to argue with you over The Holy Bible nor about my faith in Jesus Christ

He was fulfilling scripture as it was written. He knew that and even prophesied about it before it happened to His disciples. It wasn't that He was scared to die. He knew He would be risen again. He was obedient to GODS will. He drank the cup of GODS wrath that was intended for others.

Okay, then, when he said ""Eloi, Eloi, lama sabakhtani" it has no meaning whatsoever.
He's not afraid, he's fully prepared.
In other words, it's just a nonsense.

Then, is it also possible that any other things Jesus ever said is also a nonsense?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:44:52 PM by freakygin »
If you argue correctly, you're never wrong..

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
No, I have only seen the evidence of GOD by faith. Even The Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't think you are trying to be mean. There is a scripture where Jesus says His sheep know His voice. Notice that he said voice...?Think about what that implements. Something unique. Not physical. It's not by sight.

I heard a lot of voices as a Christian, none of which sound anything like a god, but more so myself telling myself that it was gods voice trying to reassure myself that is who it was, and honestly I think you are doing the same. Similar to a Ouija board, were your  subconscious directs your hands.

I am not sure I have ever flat out asked GOD to prove Himself to me. My faith had been weak and He proved Himself Almighty.

On a more personal note, Do you have known sin in your life...? Something has weighed heavy on your conscience...?

First thing frist stop preaching!!! How could he possably prove him self almighty, and you not have the common sense to realize that your the one that did it.

GOD is the author and perfecter of ones "faith".

You know, so was Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli dureing his life and when people belived

This is an unknowable question. Many have left their religion because of Jesus Christ. Even today. Persecuted even unto death in foreign lands. Being ousted amongst their communities. Why is that...?

So let’s forget about all about the people that the believers of Jesus Christ persecuted, you know the gay killing and all that. No, Not really, if they took over you would believe what they told you to believe. Just because you cannot admit does not make it unknowable.

Ye of little faith. I've been there.

Did you mean ignorance? And by this I mean ignorance on your part, or could it be called closed mindedness.
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #381 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Sorry, clicked the wrong button

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
Please pardon my interruption, I really haven't been following this conversation with any interest but I did just notice this statement here.

I am not trying to convert you but help you understand that GODS ways of doing things is not mans way of doing things. Big difference.

I really don't see any difference AT ALL. I know you are embroiled in this conversation with a few other people and I really don't want to be a burden or derail the thread or anything so I don't expect you to take time out of your busy schedule to respond to this

but

Would you explain what the difference is for me?

No, you are OK and thank you for asking.

Are you going to put any faith in something you don't believe in...? Exactly, you won't. Would you do it wholeheartedly if you didn't believe...?

So if you say that you live by faith but were kinda hangig on the fence as whether or not GOD is real. Would you say you were trusting Him fully...?  Would your heart really be in it...?

Faith is a learning lesson. Only GOD can judge ones faith accordingly. If you really believe, if your heart is really in it or not.

Jesus challenged anybody and everybody. (John 7:17)

This is a pretty good one to. ( John 5:39)

Focus on what He is saying.

So in other words. If you want to know the truth. There is no going around what GOD has willed. He desires faith. And there is a reason for it.
If a person is going to examine GOD outside of what He said. Will be found wanting. It is definitely a heart issue.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #383 on: March 01, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »

Jehovah's Witness?

I can relate, although my journey ultimately led me out of the Christian faith altogether, a decision I do not regret to this day.

So tell me, if there is only one true God, how can your Jesus be "Deity" but not "God"?

Only GOD can give you the answer to this.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
« Reply #384 on: March 02, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »

Only GOD can give you the answer to this.

Aw, now come on, that's a cop out!

I think you can see how illogical it is, and you do not know how to answer it. Let me help a little bit:
1) The Bible does say that Jesus is God (1 Timothy 3:16, John 1:1, 14).
2) As you pointed out, it also says that the Father is the only true God (John 17:1, 3).
3) For both of those things to be true, then Jesus logically must be his own father.

There is no way around it. If 1) and 2) are true, then 3) must also be true.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #385 on: March 02, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »
Aw, now come on, that's a cop out!

I think you can see how illogical it is, and you do not know how to answer it. Let me help a little bit:
1) The Bible does say that Jesus is God (1 Timothy 3:16, John 1:1, 14).
2) As you pointed out, it also says that the Father is the only true God (John 17:1, 3).
3) For both of those things to be true, then Jesus logically must be his own father.

There is no way around it. If 1) and 2) are true, then 3) must also be true.

As I said. I do not deny The Deity of Christ. Jesus is not the Father. He said so. He also said The Father and Him are One.

He told Philip that anyone who has seen Him has seen The Father. Jesus also said that He is in The Father and The Father is in Him.

Jesus declared He is The Son of GOD. Jesus said GOD is Spirit. Jesus Christ is The Word of GOD. The Word is with GOD. The Word was GOD. The Word became flesh. As if The only begotten of The Father. Full of grace and truth.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:18:10 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-32
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
ILY:  I believe that God is a square circle.
GH:  How can a square possibly also be circular?
ILY:  Only God can answer that!

If by chance you get caught when spouting nonsense, find a cop-out.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +107/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »
This Jesus guy also asked the question "why have you forsaken me",which means in the end,he had lost faith in God.....or NO such words could be attributted to him
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
This Jesus guy also asked the question "why have you forsaken me",which means in the end,he had lost faith in God.....or NO such words could be attributted to him
No, He was fulfilling The scripture in front of there very eyes but they didn't recognize it. (Psalm 22)

It is finished...!!!!!!        (Victory)

Explain this....

Why if He lost His faith in GOD, did He declare "it is finished"...?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:04:09 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2012, 01:03:59 AM »
"It is finished"

Sounds like common dying words to me. &)

He was fulfilling scripture as it was written. He knew that and even prophesied about it before it happened to His disciples. It wasn't that He was scared to die. He knew He would be risen again. He was obedient to GODS will. He drank the cup of GODS wrath that was intended for others.

Okay, then, when he said ""Eloi, Eloi, lama sabakhtani" it has no meaning whatsoever.
He's not afraid, he's fully prepared.
In other words, it's just a nonsense.

Then, is it also possible that any other things Jesus ever said is also a nonsense?

Would you be so kind to answer this question?
It's just a Yes or No question.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #390 on: March 02, 2012, 01:08:32 AM »
It's just a Yes or No question.

You think you are being clever....

Psalm 22 should be able to answer your question.

Nothing Jesus ever said was nonsense.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »

How can a person lose what he never had in the first place...?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:22:42 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #392 on: March 02, 2012, 01:28:18 AM »
Ah, where's my manner...
Thank you for your previous answer.  ;D

Are we talking about Faith?
I had it once...
But lost it when i decided to finally free my mind. ;)

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »
Ah, where's my manner...
Thank you for your previous answer.  ;D

Are we talking about Faith?
I had it once...
But lost it when i decided to finally free my mind. ;)
Well then, I am happy for you if that is the way you feel. I am glad you are content.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-32
« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2012, 01:35:22 AM »
Not only is he content.  He's also able to practice honesty.  It's something that we gain when we lose faith.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2012, 01:38:22 AM »

So, are you saying Jesus never had FAITH in the first place? Or that he never had LIFE in the first place? I'm confused.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2012, 01:45:57 AM »
As I said. I do not deny The Deity of Christ. Jesus is not the Father. He said so. He also said The Father and Him are One.

He told Philip that anyone who has seen Him has seen The Father. Jesus also said that He is in The Father and The Father is in Him.

Jesus declared He is The Son of GOD. Jesus said GOD is Spirit. Jesus Christ is The Word of GOD. The Word is with GOD. The Word was GOD. The Word became flesh. As if The only begotten of The Father. Full of grace and truth.

Oh my God...guys, this makes perfect sense. WE ARE GOD WE ARE GOD WE ARE GOD

DON'T YOU GET IT?

Because Jesus also said that he is the son of man[1]
 1. Mark 10:45
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2012, 01:52:17 AM »
Not only is he content.  He's also able to practice honesty.  It's something that we gain when we lose faith.
What honesty is that...?

What.... there is no GOD...? Even some of the most intelligent minds wont rule out the possibility.

Evolution...?  Can you show me where the Bible refutes this...?

Extraterrestrial life...? Are you blind...?

Jesus never existed...? Again, very debatable subject that has not been proven with 100% certainty. Yet 3 Historical persons have written about Him or His followers in non-secular writings. Oh but wait....... "even they are forged" :o

"Wooooo everything was concocted just to enslave the general public to authoritative rule"...................... But Jesus Christ's message goes against this very accusation.

What else...?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-32
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »
I never implied any of that.  I refer to honesty as a general practice.  Where faith and truth conflict, either faith wins, or honesty wins.  If beliefs are changed in light of a contradictig truth, then honesty won and faith lost.  If beliefs are not changed in light of a contradicting truth, then faith won and honesty lost.

The two are each others' antithesis.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2012, 01:57:09 AM »

Oh my God...guys, this makes perfect sense. WE ARE GOD WE ARE GOD WE ARE GOD

DON'T YOU GET IT?

Because Jesus also said that he is the son of man[1]
 1. Mark 10:45
You might want to lower case that. And learn a little more before you really start believing. Jesus was fully man. Jesus never even declared Himself GOD. Always recognizing His Father as of greater authority. Perhaps maybe reconcile man back to GOD....?

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #400 on: March 02, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »

So, are you saying Jesus never had FAITH in the first place? Or that he never had LIFE in the first place? I'm confused.
It was a rhetorical question. Jesus taught faith in GOD, All be it.... if He didn't have faith, He sure knew what he was talking about.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #401 on: March 02, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »
I never implied any of that.  I refer to honesty as a general practice.  Where faith and truth conflict, either faith wins, or honesty wins.  If beliefs are changed in light of a contradictig truth, then honesty won and faith lost.  If beliefs are not changed in light of a contradicting truth, then faith won and honesty lost.

The two are each others' antithesis.
Hey.... I am not knocking you for that. I would encourage everybody to follow the truth, just not to be swayed my the limitations of man vs striving for a greater truth of far more importance that out weights that of any. That is the difference.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #402 on: March 02, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »
Jesus was fully man. Jesus never even declared Himself GOD.

But you just said that Jesus said He was the Father. He told Philip that if you have seen Him then you have seen the Father. You said that Jesus said that He and the Father are ONE.

Now...who was the Father?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-32
« Reply #403 on: March 02, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »
Hey.... I am not knocking you for that. I would encourage everybody to follow the truth, just not to be swayed my the limitations of man vs striving for a greater truth of far more importance that out weights that of any. That is the difference.

It is impossible not to be limited by the limitations of being human, because we are human.  Anything we do is by definition something that is within the limits of being human.  Your spirituality is not an exception to this.  You are human.  Therefore everything you do is within the "limitations of man".  You are necessarily swayed by it in everything you do, as are we all.

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #404 on: March 02, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »

It is impossible not to be limited by the limitations of being human, because we are human.  Anything we do is by definition something that is within the limits of being human.  Your spirituality is not an exception to this.  You are human.  Therefore everything you do is within the "limitations of man".  You are necessarily swayed by it in everything you do, as are we all.
the limitations of man seem to be far superior to god at his best. For example, lets take communication. The one who "follows god" in this discussion is choosing NOT to communicate in the way his god did (terribly outdated text originally passed by word of mouth then poorly translated into several languages to the point where believers in the text actually argue that god meant the opposite of what he said in the text) and instead he's choosing to communicate the way limited humans do (with computers connected to the world wide web linking people from acorss the globe)

So limited humans = macbook
omni everything god = outdated text

you tell me which is better

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #405 on: March 02, 2012, 02:52:14 AM »
All I have said is that Jesus Christ is the truth.

And I, for one, don't believe you.

...there is no reason for anyone here to be rude. I get that most of you do not understand. If you would just open your ears and listen...

ILY, what you just said there was extremely rude:  You slander us by saying 'You do not understand.'  It isn't a lack of understanding, but rather a lack of agreement.  You have yet to demonstrate that your understanding is in any way superior to ours.

And why should we 'open our ears and listen' to you when you offer no more than the same unsupported mythological assertions that we've already discarded?  There's no virtue in trying to eat the same food that made us sick, on the off chance that this time things will be better.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles