Author Topic: Speaking in GoDs Language  (Read 18791 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Speaking in GoDs Language
« Reply #348 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
ILOVEYOU,

Your entire reply below is considered preaching, which is against our forum rules.  I think you can explain your faith without resorting to preaching.

Jetson

No, faith is trusting in GOD. And GOD is the truth. Faith leads to truth. And yes, truth matters "a lot".

You think faith is foolish, even GOD said you would. Instead of trusting in GOD, you put your trust in man.

People have already spent billions of dollars trying to prove or disprove the existence of GOD. In which they can't but they fail to recognize GOD for who He really is and honor Him for who He is.

If you loved Him, then you would honor His commands.

To love Him with all of your heart, soul, strength and understanding.
and the other just like it
To love your neighbor as yourself.

He says His righteous ones will live by faith. He says that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him diligently and when one seeks Him with all of their heart, they will be found by Him.

And if you say otherwise, then you are calling GOD a liar.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to GOD

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing

But GOD has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise

My thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
I really have no desire to argue with anyone.

Why don't you want to be intellectually and ethically responsible for anything you say?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Yes, yes, faith is all that.  But it's also a refusal to respect truth, for the reason I outlined and which you didn't address.

The truth has never led me away from my faith in GOD. But GOD has convinced me that my faith in Him is not in vain.

You are saying that I have no respect for the truth because I refuse to budge in my faith...?

You are saying this because you think that I am wrong...?

Why is my faith wrong...?

Is it because you have not had the same desired results...?

How are you, even I to compare this...?  We can't.

I could give testimony but would that really even matter...?

Why don't you explain to us the difference between Faith (I'm right because I say so, no amount of evidence can change my cast in concrete mind) and Arrogance (I'm right because I say so, no amount of evidence can change my cast in concrete mind) ?
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »
John 3 16 can keep a troll going for this long, but it eventually gets tiring, even on a purely academic level.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
John 3 16 can keep a troll going for this long, but it eventually gets tiring, even on a purely academic level.

I think the problem is that you guys respond to his red herrings.  He won't acknowledge my responses precisely because I don't give him the room to equivocate and always return to the subject matter.  He claims to know something that he doesn't possess any rational means of describing how he could know it, that's the primary problem and that will never change.  Why would you ever allow the discussion to move beyond that point and bother with someone who is for all intents in purposes delusional?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
ILY, I think Omen is right.  You don’t respond to questions or you suddenly have to ignore everyone and just try to preach.   It’s a shame that you want to do that but not ac;tually have responsibility for your nonsense.  That only shows me that you don’t really have the answers you claims, only fantasies.   

Your claims have failed and you can’t admit that.  Your god doesn’t talk to you or anyone else.  You simply cling to your belief because you’ve invested so much of your self-worth in it.  I’m sure you don’t want to “argue” over the bible or your faith since you can’t support any of it.  It’s always convenient for Christians to come on here guns blazing, fully of claims about their god but then when shown that they are wrong, suddenly, oh you aren’t interested in supporting the claims you’ve made. 

Again, ILY, since I and others here were once Christiansn we can indeed relate so you can stop claiming that you are some how special and no one can “really” understand you.  Your lord has made a liar out of you since all youf claims about it aren’t true.
My concern is that Jesus Christ is real. Not with whether or not everything else is a myth or not but if they are the truth. There is a difference. And if anyone truly wants to know if Jesus is real and if He spoke the truth, then listen to Him with a open heart and learn from Him.
  No prayers answered at all.

and
There is only one GOD. There aren't any others. Man has created many gods for themselves but there is only One GOD and there will  always only be One GOD.
Keep repeating this, ILY, but it’s just nonsense until you can show it.

and of course the little threats by Christians:
Save it Parking Places. You are no threat to me. It doesn't matter what you say, I know the truth. GOD is real. And if you are content with your life, then fine. You have made yourself out to be god but when GOD reveals the truth to you. Don't down play the situation as if you didn't know. It is only a matter of time.

How much time, ILY?  I’ve been hearing this for decades and every single Chrsitian who has claimed that their god will be showing me “real soon now” has failed.  I know it can hurt to be shown you’ve failed, and I can empathize.  But, threats are just pathetic since your god can’t even show itself, much less do anything to anyone.  You end up sounding like a whiny brat that has been caught in a lie.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »

Has this happened to you...?

has a preacher looked you straight in the eye and told you that you were no longer in the lambs book of life...? Or has a family member ever told you that you were out of GODS will...?

Have you ever tried so hard, doing everything you could just so that GOD might notice...? Or so scared and frightened to even move but you kept just getting right back and continuing on...?

You have no idea of who I am or what I have been through and even time I have been knocked down. I still continue on by faith and GOD has NEVER let me down.

So stop assuming that you know me. You have no idea of who I am or what I have done and why I continue to live my life trusting in GOD, when you have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

Obviously, those of us who only know each other only via internet forums can never know exactly what the other person has been through.

I have encountered drama queens before. People who insisted that their life experiences were so terrible and so traumatic that they needed crutch A or crutch B or crutch C. That is, booze, drugs or god.

They also insisted I would never understand. Mysteriously, they seems to relish in that thought. That their trauma was theirs alone, and that nobody else had ever suffered like them. And that they were special for it.

I've had the occasional bad day, but never anything so traumatic that I could use it as ammo for the rest of my life. Even if I believed in god, I can't think of a moment I would have needed to call on him. Life isn't that strange to me. When crap happens, I have no trouble figuring out the source and dealing with it. Usually it is the law of averages falling on the wrong side of scale that day. Rather than a huge test from the universe.

So it's real hard for me to listen to dramatic renderings of pain and suffering and trauma, especially when it is a part of someone's standard repertoire. Something that they use every day of their life to justify their status as one fucked up dude or dudette. That doesn't mean there is nothing legitimate to a story like theirs. Or yours. But you need to learn other ways of telling it so that those of us not so desperate to be understood or felt sorry for can find a way to understand your world.

After writing the above, I decided to try to figure out what the most traumatic thing that ever happened to me was. And I can't come up with anything. I'm sixty years old and I've had bad things happen to me, but nothing that stayed traumatic.  I've been rushed to the emergency room with injuries and been close to falling off of more than one mountain and in incredibly close calls in cars and inside small airplanes in terrible storms and shot at a few times, if only accidentally. And there have course been a few women in my life that wanted to ruin me. But none of that stuff bothers me now because none of it hurt for very long. If at all.

So when you're trying to stress the traumatic aspect of who you are, you might take into consideration who you are talking to. You don't know us at all either.

Save it Parking Places. You are no threat to me. It doesn't matter what you say, I know the truth. GOD is real. And if you are content with your life, then fine. You have made yourself out to be god but when GOD reveals the truth to you. Don't down play the situation as if you didn't know. It is only a matter of time.

If you'll re-read what I wrote, you'll notice I didn't challenge your beliefs at all. I just said that playing a drama queen doesn't work on those of us who lack drama in our lives. Find another way to explain your beliefs besides your huge emotional investment in yourself.

Obviously you are going to have a hard time convincing an atheist that there is a god. Continuing to us a method that I describe as completely ineffective seems a bit foolish. I was just trying to let you know why you were annoying.

Strange how your god will talk to you and not a lot of others. Including me. I know, I know, you think I'm not listening. Omnipotent dudes shouldn't have any problem with me flaws. If he can't work around my prejudices and stuff, he's not very good at what he does. Hence there is no need to worship him.

I love it when my logic goes full circle.

And notice, since I'm using a method you don't like, it doesn't work on you. Sound familiar?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
^^^^Yeah, I love that one: god or Jesus is trying to reach you, but you just don't want to hear. Hell, my 15 year old daughter knows how to reach me and has done a bang up job of communicating with me since birth. And she's not even omnipotent.

Compared to any god, babies are masters of the universe at communicating, even with atheists, before they even learn a word. And sometimes we don't want to hear them, like in the middle of the night, but they still manage to get through.  If a tiny pre-verbal human can reach us, why can't the most powerful being in the ever of ever do it?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »
Cult like behavior: Social isolation from others who are not like themselves, using a means that makes it impossible to determine the truth of the matter for either party.

You have to be open to the truth to know the truth is the equivalent of saying you can't know truth until you know the truth.  It doesn't go anywhere or serve any point in the discussion except to demean and devalue the person you're speaking too.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
I'm curious, ILY, as to what you believe awaits those who do not believe as you do after they die.
I have not touched on this as I feel this is a very controversial subject. I try and focus on what's more important. To me, that is focusing on the things that GOD wants me to focus on.

From everything that I have gathered, whether there is a real "hell" or just a metaphor for being erased out of existence forever. GOD will mourn. He will weep because He loved them so much. Even though GOD does not tolerate sin, he loves the sinner. People know in their hearts what is right and what is wrong. GOD has placed those things in our hearts.

I don't think it is a matter of GOD rejecting people. But more of people rejecting GOD. If a person doesn't want Him or want what He is offering. I don't think He is forcing anyones hand to love Him. No one earned this life we have. It was given to us as a free gift.

I feel He is telling us that there is more to life than what we already know. Even though we know that we will die one day. He is telling us that that is not the end for those who love Him. He leaves the choice up to you. He has prepared the way and has already done His part.

He says that no ear has heard nor eye has seen what GOD has prepared for those who love Him. For any one who desires the truth. Please... take a chance and put your trust in the hands of The One whom gave you life. And if you really desire to know the truth. To really see the heart of GOD. Look to Jesus Christ. Not religion. Not any man. But do so trusting in GOD. Take heart. And may GOD bless you all.

Regards,
ILOVEYOU

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:27:22 PM by ILOVEYOU »

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
ILY, I would rather go to hell and suffer infinite pain for all of eternity than kiss the ass of a god who is willing to send me to hell to suffer infinite pain for for all of eternity.

So even if your god does start talking to me and I do start believing in him, it's all for naught. Count me out.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
ILY, I would rather go to hell and suffer infinite pain for all of eternity than kiss the ass of a god who is willing to send me to hell to suffer infinite pain for for all of eternity.

So even if your god does start talking to me and I do start believing in him, it's all for naught. Count me out.

Respectfully PP,

I am not convinced this is the case entirely. Every time GOD has responded to me, He has responded with love. Even when it hurt but I knew He did it because He loved me. I know He is good. The only one who knows is GOD and to whomever He has revealed this to. I know some of what the Bible says about it but unless GOD has given someone specific understanding about this. Then they will not know exactly. They can read about it all day long and speculate but GOD would have to reveal this.

I really don't think GOD wants to torture anyone for eternity.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #360 on: March 01, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »
ILY since dismiss any and every means to claim to know anything, how can you say, "from what you have gathered"?

By what means do you claim to know anything?

How do we separate your claims from that of a lunatic in an asylum?

Why is the bible not confident enough with the merits of its own claims to not leave those who would not believe unmolested figuratively?

Why does your religious ideology act just like the tautological insular self serving beliefs of a cult?

Why are you so insecure about your religious beliefs as to interpret questions and higher criticism as an "attack"?

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #361 on: March 01, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »

For any one who desires the truth. Please... take a chance and put your trust in the hands of The One whom gave you life. And if you really desire to know the truth. To really see the heart of GOD. Look to Jesus Christ. Not religion. Not any man. But do so trusting in GOD. Take heart. And may GOD bless you all.

I did...

But the thing is... The more i put my heart and mind to find the truth.
The more i realize God is just another human creation.

Between God and toilet paper.
I'd choose toilet paper.
At least that thing is still useful.
If you argue correctly, you're never wrong..

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
He doesn't know how to operate functionally outside the bounds of his own rhetoric, he is literally chanting the empty platitudes that he's emotionally dependent upon.  It is as if he is harry potter uttering incantations and waving a stick, expecting something to happen.  He can't imagine that his rhetoric is devoid of any intellectual meaning and will delusionally refuse to acknowledge any post that does first treat his position as self evident or allow him to assume his own authority in just randomly making nonsense up.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »

Respectfully PP,

I am not convinced this is the case entirely. Every time GOD has responded to me, He has responded with love. Even when it hurt but I knew He did it because He loved me. I know He is good. The only one who knows is GOD and to whomever He has revealed this to. I know some of what the Bible says about it but unless GOD has given someone specific understanding about this. Then they will not know exactly. They can read about it all day long and speculate but GOD would have to reveal this.

I really don't think GOD wants to torture anyone for eternity.

Well, I know I don't want to kiss his ass for an eternity, so I'll stick with my current plans.

Beings who say they love you but hurt you are assholes. You know that, don't you?

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #364 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
Every time GOD has responded to me, He has responded with love. Even when it hurt but I knew He did it because He loved me.

Why don't you buy a tube of lube, and maybe it won't hurt next time?
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #365 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
ILY since dismiss any and every means to claim to know anything, how can you say, "from what you have gathered"?
From what I have read and by my faith in Him.

By what means do you claim to know anything?
Just from what GOD has revealed to me on a personal basis.
How do we separate your claims from that of a lunatic in an asylum?
You can either dismiss it as you have done by rejecting Jesus Christ. Or can listen to your heart and know that I mean you no harm or ill intent. I declare that The Lord is righteous and true. And the things The Lord has been saying all along, you know in your hearts. And if you seek, you will find.

Why is the bible not confident enough with the merits of its own claims to not leave those who would not believe unmolested figuratively?

I think it is more of a matter of understanding. Not just seeking the answers but that of which is of greater importance.

Why does your religious ideology act just like the tautological insular self serving beliefs of a cult?
You can label anything you want a "cult".  I am not trying to convert you but help you understand that GODS ways of doing things is not mans way of doing things. Big difference. I have asked you to join nothing. Haven't mentioned any particular religious flavor at all. Not once have I asked you do  join anything or threaten you with fear. All I have said is that Jesus Christ is the truth. GOD is real and to help you understand that GOD is not a respecter of persons. Ones religious affiliation means nothing. And the very one who knew the truth, died to give it to. Jesus Christ. Who do you think Jesus rebuked...? He went to the poor,the sick and the sinners, forgiving them of their transgressions. While at the same time strongly rebuking the self righteous, "religious" people. Calling them hypocrites. Laying heavy burdens on the backs of people, they themselves wouldn't lift a finger to help. Nor could they keep the law entirely themselves.
Why are you so insecure about your religious beliefs as to interpret questions and higher criticism as an "attack"?

Not so much as an attack but there is no reason for anyone here to be rude. I get that most of you do not understand. If you would just open your ears and listen...

You sense that something was wrong...? Why...? Do you think that maybe there may have been a particular reason for it...?

"So now you get threats of being "thrown into hell".....!!!!! You're no longer saved...!!!!!!

I've got good news for you. To you who are listening. GOD has the final say on what happens. Draw near to The Lord by faith in Him. Trusting GOD.  He still loves you and He always has.

ILOVEYOU

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »
My friend ILY...
If Jesus really exist. He's is just an ordinary man. Not a God
But he think he is God.
He was so sure that he's God. He even believed that he will never die.

But when he's dying, he's got panic.
If you read your Bible and have faith in it.
Then u must be familiar with "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabakhtani"
(Please don't use any excuse like "It's not literally, it's a symbol")

Please use your logic.
Does it sounds like a God?
To me, it sounds like somebody just got panic because he's really dying.
And of course, to avoid mass dissapointment.
A cover up story has to be made
That when Ressurection thing come to play.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
<snippet>

Which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" If Jesus is God, one wonders why Jesus would cry out to himself so fervently?  ;)
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
My concern is that Jesus Christ is real. Not with whether or not everything else is a myth or not but if they are the truth. There is a difference. And if anyone truly wants to know if Jesus is real and if He spoke the truth, then listen to Him with a open heart and learn from Him.

You kind of dodged the question that I ask. How do you know that he is real? Has he tapped you on the shoulder and look at me or whispered sweet nothings in your ear. I not trying to be mean but I just want to know how you know that he is real and all others are fake.

Because if I had gotten everything I wanted or thought that I needed. I would have already been dead. He already knows  these things and he can help you to understand that. He can and will show you that He is Almighty.

I ask him for years to show me, and guess what i decide that he was not nearly as powerful as a "Real" person is. I ask him many times to give me clarification but he did not, so I ventured out on my own and learned for myself. Unfortunately it was after wasting so much time thinking that he does actually help.

There is only one GOD. There aren't any others. Man has created many gods for themselves but there is only One GOD and there will  always only be One GOD.

Odds are if the Aztecs took over the North American continent you would not be saying this. You are just being closed minded to the real issue. As stated above, you have no clue as to if there is one real god or if there are many or even if there are any gods at all. It is just your fear of death that wants so badly to think that there is a magical land after life, you have no proof that there is. You close your mind to all other because of a book, but if you were born in anther land were anther religion was prevalent you would not believe in the holy book that you believe in now. If you think that you would please give reason as to why you think that you would switch.

Jesus said His Father is the One true GOD. I believe Him.

To me jesus was a drunkard that played the people like a fiddle to get what he wanted. Then 70 years later people added magical stuff to it to make him sound great.
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #369 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:29 PM »

This is the time when we should look back and validate the existing gods. If Jesus says that a few thousand years after Vishnu, isn't it rather cheap?

Accept it ILY, you have been royally conned by the salesmen of the fairytale book. Accept Vishnu, better god, more weapons and better transportations. JC wont last an hour against Vishnu, the one true god.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
« Reply #370 on: March 01, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »

ILY, chew on this one for a bit:
If Jesus is God, and the Father is the only true God, then who does that make Jesus?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »
A lunatic with thousands follower

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
My friend ILY...
If Jesus really exist. He's is just an ordinary man. Not a God
But he think he is God.
He was so sure that he's God. He even believed that he will never die.
He was fully man. He didn't think He was GOD. He always respected His Fathers wishes.

(Please don't use any excuse like "It's not literally, it's a symbol")
He was fulfilling scripture as it was written. He knew that and even prophesied about it before it happened to His disciples. It wasn't that He was scared to die. He knew He would be risen again. He was obedient to GODS will. He drank the cup of GODS wrath that was intended for others.

Please use your logic.
Does it sounds like a God?
There is something going on that you are not aware of.

To me, it sounds like somebody just got panic because he's really dying.
And of course, to avoid mass dissapointment.
A cover up story has to be made
That when Ressurection thing come to play.

Well, which is it...? A cover up or it never happened...?

I think it was a "cover up" alright. One of massive proportions.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #373 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »

ILY, chew on this one for a bit:
If Jesus is God, and the Father is the only true God, then who does that make Jesus?

Jesus never claimed to be GOD. He said He was The Son of GOD.

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
« Reply #374 on: March 01, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
Jesus never claimed to be GOD. He said He was The Son of GOD.

Jehovah's Witness?

@EDIT: The reason I ask is I spent 18 years as a fundamentalist Christian, and, during that time, explored nearly every major Christian organization... consequently, I've learned a number of each organization's "buzz phrases." The above is a Jehovah's Witness favorite.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:12:37 PM by GodlessHeathen »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »
Please pardon my interruption, I really haven't been following this conversation with any interest but I did just notice this statement here.

I am not trying to convert you but help you understand that GODS ways of doing things is not mans way of doing things. Big difference.

I really don't see any difference AT ALL. I know you are embroiled in this conversation with a few other people and I really don't want to be a burden or derail the thread or anything so I don't expect you to take time out of your busy schedule to respond to this

but

Would you explain what the difference is for me?
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
You kind of dodged the question that I ask. How do you know that he is real? Has he tapped you on the shoulder and look at me or whispered sweet nothings in your ear. I not trying to be mean but I just want to know how you know that he is real and all others are fake.
No, I have only seen the evidence of GOD by faith. Even The Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't think you are trying to be mean. There is a scripture where Jesus says His sheep know His voice. Notice that he said voice...?Think about what that implements. Something unique. Not physical. It's not by sight.

I ask him for years to show me, and guess what i decide that he was not nearly as powerful as a "Real" person is. I ask him many times to give me clarification but he did not, so I ventured out on my own and learned for myself. Unfortunately it was after wasting so much time thinking that he does actually help.
I am not sure I have ever flat out asked GOD to prove Himself to me. My faith had been weak and He proved Himself Almighty. GOD is the author and perfecter of ones "faith".

On a more personal note, Do you have known sin in your life...? Something has weighed heavy on your conscience...?

Odds are if the Aztecs took over the North American continent you would not be saying this. You are just being closed minded to the real issue. As stated above, you have no clue as to if there is one real god or if there are many or even if there are any gods at all. It is just your fear of death that wants so badly to think that there is a magical land after life, you have no proof that there is. You close your mind to all other because of a book, but if you were born in anther land were anther religion was prevalent you would not believe in the holy book that you believe in now. If you think that you would please give reason as to why you think that you would switch.

This is an unknowable question. Many have left their religion because of Jesus Christ. Even today. Persecuted even unto death in foreign lands. Being ousted amongst their communities. Why is that...?

To me jesus was a drunkard that played the people like a fiddle to get what he wanted. Then 70 years later people added magical stuff to it to make him sound great.

Ye of little faith. I've been there.