Author Topic: Speaking in GoDs Language  (Read 20218 times)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Speaking in GoDs Language
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
Great vid MM
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
^^It's a full length movie in 10 minute segments. Well worth the viewing!
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that ILY ignored my point about how she cannot possibly know, or gain, knowledge of god due to her utter lack of even the most evidence.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

Probably not officially online, I'm not sure if hospital records are officially made public or not. But I am sure if you look for some testimony of Doctors that have witnessed these events, it may give you a better understanding or at least testimony from another's perspective.

Testimonies aren't helpful, no matter what. All it does it serve as a story about ones personal feeling towards then relationship, or lack of a relationship, with a savior, and at face value means nothing.

Atheists here have shared their testimony about the deconversion, and posted it on the testimonial board. As you might figure the atheist posters here posted comments like, "good for you!" or something similar, because the atheist posters share a same perspective and can relate in one way or another. When I read christian testimony, whether here or elsewhere on the net, I am simply not moved.

These doctors who dictated these reports, if the make one mention of a 'miracle' then they are probably not using it in a spiritual sense, and if they are then they aren't good doctors. Al Michael, when he made his famous call during the 1980 Olympic Hockey game, where the America's beat the highly dominate Soviets,

11 seconds, you've got 10 seconds, the countdown going on right now! Morrow, up to Silk. 5 seconds left in the game. Do you believe in miracles? YES!

Was probably not referring to some kind of spiritual miracle. Personally, being a hockey fan (however was just a baby when during the 1980 Olympics) do see it as a miracle that the Americans beat the Soviets, but it wasn't a divine act.

I don't really care about testimony of some doctor. I want to look at their reports. My mother-in-law is a medical transcriptionist and I wonder if she has ever transcribed about a 'miracle'.

OK. I have never seen one either. But it happens.

According too you it happens, but realistically it doesn't. All these 'miraculous' medical instances are nothing more than doctors having the knowledge and years of medical school and tools required to help them out. Want a miracle: Ask someone with aggressive cancer to give up cemo and stop going to to the doctors and just pray for healing. There is a good chance they wont survive. Or ask god to heal am amputee.  From your perspective anything is a miracle, but that doesn't mean your right. Back to the hockey reference, when Clint Malarchuk got his throat cut and came close to death, his survival could be considered a miracle right? But then again he probably survived because the trainer knew what he was doing, and pinched his jugular vein. Same thing.

It's disgraceful to thank and praise god because someone survives 'miraculously' from (whatever) when in reality the only reason they survived is because of well trained doctors and nurses. It's an insult to the staff and all medical practitioners.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:54:32 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
Answer the questions put forth,if you can.

FYI I am an Indian who has seen the direct results on people from these monsters,,,,on my coast(west) it was the United church resposible

I am not familiar to what you are asking. My wife is Native American as are my 2 sons. I was with my best friend the day he earned his Eagle Feather, whom has now passed on. The man whom he did not know brought it to his funeral for a good deed he had done just a few days before he died.He was buried with it.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:33:06 PM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »
Answer the questions put forth,if you can.

FYI I am an Indian who has seen the direct results on people from these monsters,,,,on my coast(west) it was the United church resposible

I am not familiar to what you are asking. My wife is Native American as are my 2 sons. I was with my best friend the day he earned his Eagle Feather, whom has now passed on. The man whom he did not know brought it to his funeral for a good deed he had done just a few days before he died.He was buried with it.
What happens to the kiddy fucking priest,and what happens to Joe-blow? Joe-blow is a non-theist who does not believe in eternal damnation,the priest does believe in eternal damnation. The actions of both these men are the same....is there punishment the same? What happens to all who have knowledge of the priests actions and fail to do anything? they are just as guilty as the priest....... but I see you ignored that whole post...no suprise there.

Is there a reason God forgives your sin because of belief? and punishes someone for the same sin and non-belief?.....We all got feathers
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »
you still did not address the Question.....I have nothing to do with the equasion,I asked why God has limited your free will by interacting with you....but not the other 66% of the world

You are making a false assumption. What makes you think that...?

Can you show me anywhere in scripture it makes this claim. That when GOD reveals Himself to a person, they no longer have freewill.

We are called to live by faith. GOD is the author and perfecter of our faith.
I guess you may be right about the free-will thing,because when you make a wrong choice,how exactly does God forgive you for it? You know when you make the "free-will" choice ,it is wrong,God knows it is wrong,do you as a believer get a free pass or will you suffer like a non-theist would for the same choice?

Let's look at this free-will thing in depth a bit more shall we. The highest calling a man can have in some cases is to become a priest,this priest has the free-will choice to  or NOT to fuck the little boy. How then does the priest rationalize this free-choice in the eyes of his God? Joe blow non-theist,fucks a little boy,what is his free-will choice in the eyes of God?

Does God punish Joe-blow with eternity in hell? What of the priest.....he believes in God and Jesus,is his punishment the same as Joe-blows? if not why not? Joe-blow and the Priest clearly know they are making a highly questionable choice when they fuck the little boy......Joe-blow has only fear of the authorities and none of eternal damnation. The priest has the opposite conundrum he does not fear the authorities,but must fear eternal punishment of hell,unless God forgives him.

How then does the priest rationalize he will escape punishment from God for the use of his free-will?
here is the original post in case you missed it

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
I guess you may be right about the free-will thing,because when you make a wrong choice,how exactly does God forgive you for it? You know when you make the "free-will" choice ,it is wrong,God knows it is wrong,do you as a believer get a free pass or will you suffer like a non-theist would for the same choice?

I do not know. GOD determines this not I. Jesus forgave those who were willing. Are you willing...?  Saying go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you. Jesus says come as you are. Not clean yourself up first and then come but just come.

Let's look at this free-will thing in depth a bit more shall we. The highest calling a man can have in some cases is to become a priest,this priest has the free-will choice to  or NOT to fuck the little boy. How then does the priest rationalize this free-choice in the eyes of his God? Joe blow non-theist,fucks a little boy,what is his free-will choice in the eyes of God?
Who taught you this...?

This is GODS decision. Can I ask you a question...?

Which is worse in your own opinion... to have known GOD and molest a little one or to not have known GOD and molest a little one...?

As confident as you are, I think you know the answer to this. Your frustration is very loud and it shows. I also understand why. But please try and think clearly and not to let your anger cloud your discernment.

Does God punish Joe-blow with eternity in hell? What of the priest.....he believes in God and Jesus,is his punishment the same as Joe-blows? if not why not? Joe-blow and the Priest clearly know they are making a highly questionable choice when they fuck the little boy......Joe-blow has only fear of the authorities and none of eternal damnation. The priest has the opposite conundrum he does not fear the authorities,but must fear eternal punishment of hell,unless God forgives him.

Again, see previous answer.

How then does the priest rationalize he will escape punishment from God for the use of his free-will?

What makes you think that just because they walk in robes and have the best seats in the church and say they are GODS people, they really are...? I think deep within you, you know the answer to this. I think all of you know.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:46:12 PM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

Probably not officially online, I'm not sure if hospital records are officially made public or not. But I am sure if you look for some testimony of Doctors that have witnessed these events, it may give you a better understanding or at least testimony from another's perspective.

Testimonies aren't helpful, no matter what. All it does it serve as a story about ones personal feeling towards then relationship, or lack of a relationship, with a savior, and at face value means nothing.

Atheists here have shared their testimony about the deconversion, and posted it on the testimonial board. As you might figure the atheist posters here posted comments like, "good for you!" or something similar, because the atheist posters share a same perspective and can relate in one way or another. When I read christian testimony, whether here or elsewhere on the net, I am simply not moved.

These doctors who dictated these reports, if the make one mention of a 'miracle' then they are probably not using it in a spiritual sense, and if they are then they aren't good doctors. Al Michael, when he made his famous call during the 1980 Olympic Hockey game, where the America's beat the highly dominate Soviets,

11 seconds, you've got 10 seconds, the countdown going on right now! Morrow, up to Silk. 5 seconds left in the game. Do you believe in miracles? YES!

Was probably not referring to some kind of spiritual miracle. Personally, being a hockey fan (however was just a baby when during the 1980 Olympics) do see it as a miracle that the Americans beat the Soviets, but it wasn't a divine act.

I don't really care about testimony of some doctor. I want to look at their reports. My mother-in-law is a medical transcriptionist and I wonder if she has ever transcribed about a 'miracle'.

OK. I have never seen one either. But it happens.

According too you it happens, but realistically it doesn't. All these 'miraculous' medical instances are nothing more than doctors having the knowledge and years of medical school and tools required to help them out. Want a miracle: Ask someone with aggressive cancer to give up cemo and stop going to to the doctors and just pray for healing. There is a good chance they wont survive. Or ask god to heal am amputee.  From your perspective anything is a miracle, but that doesn't mean your right. Back to the hockey reference, when Clint Malarchuk got his throat cut and came close to death, his survival could be considered a miracle right? But then again he probably survived because the trainer knew what he was doing, and pinched his jugular vein. Same thing.

It's disgraceful to thank and praise god because someone survives 'miraculously' from (whatever) when in reality the only reason they survived is because of well trained doctors and nurses. It's an insult to the staff and all medical practitioners.
I am not going to knock you. You've got a valid point but it is a bit of a taboo or a no no to believe in miracles in the medical field. Things don't get written off as a miracle but rather an unexplained event. But they do know that not all healing is the same and something else may be going on that is beyond their control.

But I do understand your point.

Offline Devils Advocate

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Provocateur
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »

Which is worse in your own opinion... to have known GOD and molest a little one or to not have known GOD and molest a little one...?

Worse for whom? Either way the little kid is fucked.

I am not even sure which way you, ILY, would go with this. Better to have known (or pretended or been deluded into believing) a deity and sinned, or better to have sinned out of ignorance?

What do you think the answer here is?

I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference to the child...
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
So the priest and joe-blow go to hell and all is good in the universe......also with knowing the punishment how does the priest justify his actions?

You see here you just DODGE my questions with questions. You have failed to address the priests(all the way to the POPE) accomplices and what happens to them or why the priest,with the help of his peers stays free from punishment of the laws we have against his behaviour

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:08:46 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »
Mod edit: fixed quotes.

Quote from: ILOVEYOU

As confident as you are, I think you know the answer to this. Your frustration is very loud and it shows. I also understand why. But please try and think clearly and not to let your anger cloud your discernment.

I’m genuinely not sure I know which secret answer you are pining for, but I feel kind of confidant proclaiming that most atheists hold all child molesters equally accountable for their actions. 

We don’t consider them more or less responsible for the irreparable pain that they have caused a child, based on whether or not they have an imaginary friend who forgives or doesn’t forgive them.   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:26:20 PM by jetson »

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
I am not going to knock you. You've got a valid point but it is a bit of a taboo or a no no to believe in miracles in the medical field. Things don't get written off as a miracle but rather an unexplained event. But they do know that not all healing is the same and something else may be going on that is beyond their control.

But I do understand your point.

Oh, so you're talking about an unexplained event here. OK, then I will agree that they do happen. Our bodies behave differently to different things. One body might be more tolerant to infections than someone else. We might heal quicker. Who the hell cares. Who's the say that 'whatever' is beyond their control. Just because it seems to be beyond their control doesn't mean it's a miracle, or some act from something supernatural.

Maybe you should have clarified youself here:

So, do you believe God has healed anyone either supernaturally or miraculously, for any physical ailment?

Yes, I do. And even Doctors are puzzled when they witness and document these things. Some believe, some don't.

Typically, on a forum that discusses religion like WWGHA and a religious board title 'General Religious Discussion' I was just assuming you were talking about a supernatural event being from god, and not something that is yet to be explained.

But yes, I am sure unexplained events do happen in medicine, and yes I am sure doctors discuss these events. So what. Big deal. Why the fuck bring it up here.

Oh yeah, because of this:
So, do you believe God has healed anyone either supernaturally or miraculously, for any physical ailment?

Yes, I do. And even Doctors are puzzled when they witness and document these things. Some believe, some don't.

Notice my two bolds, in Jetson's post and yours. You were trying to pass of something unexplained as a miracle from god. Now you are backpedaling. Not your first time backpedaling.... Are you having trouble keeping your ideas in tact?

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »
I do not know. GOD determines this not I. Jesus forgave those who were willing...

Again, see previous answer.

This is one of the best examples of a total COPOUT I have ever seen on these forums - and that says a lot.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »
OK. I have never seen [a medical miracle] either. But it happens.

I doubt that very much.  If you want us to believe you, and particularly if you want us to believe that there's a supernatural element at play, you must produce empirical evidence that is up to our standards.  In My case, I would accept a peer-reviewed article in a reputable journal such as the New England Journal of Medicine, reporting on a study of multiple unexplained healings.

Unless you can produce such a thing, the claim that you are making is simply not credible.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »

If one knows god and molests a boy or girl then they can pray to god and seek forgiveness. The molester who doesn't know god will hopefully free regert without that justification of knowing how easy it is to seek forgiveness if one believes in the divine.

I'd say it's worst to know god and molest someone, because they can just turn to their holy figure and ask for forgiveness, and in turn feel relieved for their actions than the one who doesn't know god and suffers from the mental anguish of what they did to a child. Forgiveness, in some cases, isn't easy to gain, but some can seek forgiveness in other, more fake beliefs, and feel relived.

If a christian molests a child they should as hell should be seeking that childs forgiveness FIRST before praying to god for his forgiveness. Any sane and decent person should ask the victim for her/his forgiveness before seeking the forgiveness of a god.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:31:33 PM by Emily »

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »
This is GOD'S decision. Can I ask you a question...?  ..
SO how does one know god's decision?  How does one know god?
Specifically, There are two paths.. one is taking another's word  that he has spoken to god to get his word and the other is to communicate with god directly.

Which do you hold in the highest esteem?

Have you ever held a conversation with god? If so, what did he say to you?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »

Worse for whom? Either way the little kid is fucked.

I am not even sure which way you, ILY, would go with this. Better to have known (or pretended or been deluded into believing) a deity and sinned, or better to have sinned out of ignorance?

What do you think the answer here is?

I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference to the child...

This is my opinion.

I think it is far worse to have known the goodness of The Lord and commit a perverse act such as this, rather than to have done it without knowing the goodness of The Lord.

Would you consider this a good thing...? Well, neither do I. Do you condone such behavior...?

I have seen on this very forum and elsewhere, the words of people who say they are or have been ministers at a church or pastors, bishops, priests, clergy. Active participant within the church  who ARE NOT BELIEVERS. THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD...!!! THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...!!!! THEY ARE FALSE...!!!! If you yourselves know these things and have left at your own admissions, why are you questioning the ones you know are false...? And then accusing the ones who are faithful...?

Now tell me this. How is it when you know these things but yet when you hear of something like this, you immediately assume they are acting on behalf of GOD...? You let these people whom you know are false keep you from the truth, given the excuse.

But you know it is wrong. You know it wrong to harm children. Why do you think GOD would approve...? He doesn't. He doesn't have anything to do with it.

What is the purpose of wearing green underwear...? When does it ever say that GOD will only forgive you after you've said 50 hail Marys and 10 our Fathers...? When...? GOD has no use for your money.... People do.... Needy people for the matter....

Jesus never took one penny. Not one penny for a miracle or to be forgiven. He never even asked for tithes. He rebuked those who were under the law and self righteous. He questioned the self religious Teachers of the law. The "religious" people who think that they're religion made them acceptable to GOD but couldn't be further from the truth.  They gave a tenth of everything they owned denied the weightier matter of the law. Love, mercy, forgiveness, compassion

He took nothing but gave all he had. He never hurt anyone. He corrected (rebuked).

Yet, you know all of these things that are going on within the worlds religions and it has drove you away. Why...? Why is that...? All of you believe in love and you deny Jesus Christ...? You reject the very one who came to set you free and show you the truth. The truth you have desired for so long. He did it for you. What do you really think Jesus would be saying to all of these Churches today...? The ones who put themselves on a pedestal...? When He himself did nothing but go to the poor, the sick, the needy, the "sinners", those hurting, suffering people of the world to show them the truth. A truth that cost Him His life. A truth The Father knew because He loved you. A truth He knew His Son would die, when He didn't deserve it to bring you the truth on a more personal level in hopes that you will know the truth and His love for you.

He took the punishment upon Himself.

Jesus Christ never denied GOD.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

Notice my two bolds, in Jetson's post and yours. You were trying to pass of something unexplained as a miracle from god. Now you are backpedaling. Not your first time backpedaling.... Are you having trouble keeping your ideas in tact?

Not backpedaling. I have already stated I feel all healing is of GOD. An unexplained event can just as well be said as, "I have no idea what just happened here."

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »
I have seen on this very forum and elsewhere, the words of people who say they are or have been ministers at a church or pastors, bishops, priests, clergy. Active participant within the church  who ARE NOT BELIEVERS. THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD...!!! THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...!!!! THEY ARE FALSE...!!!! If you yourselves know these things and have left at your own admissions, why are you questioning the ones you know are false...? And then accusing the ones who are faithful...?

Now tell me this. How is it when you know these things but yet when you hear of something like this, you immediately assume they are acting on behalf of GOD...?

The problem isn't that these criminals are "acting on behalf of GOD."  The problem is that this this alleged "GOD" isn't doing anything to protect the victims or to prevent these crimes.  It seems to be the mortal humans who are doing most of the heavy lifting here.

There are believers who do commit atrocities, and there are others who disown them by insisting that they aren't True Believers™.  Why should we believe that any of you are True Believers™?

Jesus... never hurt anyone.

The Bible says otherwise.  Jesus supposedly destroyed a fig tree and a herd of pigs, thereby harming the owners of the tree and the herd.  He was verbally abusive to a foreign woman, calling her a dog.  He snapped at his own mother.  He told his disciples to steal an ass and a colt.  He is not a particularly good role model.

Yet, you know all of these things that are going on within the worlds religions and it has drove you away. Why...? Why is that...?

(Springy G pulls out the Clue-by-Four™)

*BONK*  In My capacity as the Goddess of Punctuation, I hereby command you to stop abusing those poor ellipses!  What'd they ever do to you?

All of you believe in love and you deny Jesus Christ...?

Yup.

You reject the very one who came to set you free and show you the truth.

A dead (and possibly never-existing) rabbi can't set anyone free.

The truth you have desired for so long.

You lie.  You do not know what I desire, and unless you happen to be telepathic, you cannot know what I desire.

He did it for you.

I don't care.

He took the punishment upon Himself.

A punishment supposedly inflicted by this allegedly "loving" father-god.

Heeheeheeheehee!  Good one, ILoveYou.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
So ILY it is your contention that even the Pope does NOt believe in God? As the Pope and many of the higher ups in the church HID the actions of its priests,they could not possibly believe in God ,could they? The actions of the Church from the little old lady who knew the priest was fucking alter boys all the way to the Pope who failed to let authorities follow due action and jail these priests speaks volumes that they could not possibly be believers.

So as I asked before the punishment is the same for Joe blow non-theist as it is for the priest and the Pope because NONE of them are believers?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:47:45 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
Jesus never hurt anybody?

Gospel of Thomas

IV. 1 After that again he went through the village, and a child ran and dashed against his shoulder. And Jesus was provoked and said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course (lit. go all thy way). And immediately he fell down and died. But certain when they saw what was done said: Whence was this young child born, for that every word of his is an accomplished work? And the parents of him that was dead came unto Joseph, and blamed him, saying: Thou that hast such a child canst not dwell with us in the village: or do thou teach him to bless and not to curse: for he slayeth our children.

more

1 And Joseph called the young child apart and admonished him, saying: Wherefore doest thou such things, that these suffer and hate us and persecute us? But Jesus said: I know that these thy words are not thine: nevertheless for thy sake I will hold my peace: but they shall bear their punishment. And straightway they that accused him were smitten with blindness. 2 And they that saw it were sore afraid and perplexed, and said concerning him that every word which he spake whether it were good or bad, was a deed, and became a marvel. And when they (he ?) saw that Jesus had so done, Joseph arose and took hold upon his ear and wrung it sore. 3 And the young child was wroth and said unto him: It sufficeth thee (or them) to seek and not to find, and verily thou hast done unwisely: knowest thou not that I am thine? vex me not.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:54:05 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +238/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »
Hey ILY, just an FYI here...

From your posts, (and perhaps I am misreading you here) it seems that you think the lot of us are just angry at God, and thus we lash out and claim He isn't real.  But please let me be crystal clear for you... The Christian God isn't real.  It's a fairy tale for adults.  It is just as fictional as Zeus, Ra, Thor and all the rest. When you go about commenting on God, please understand that you aren't saying anything with any basis in actual fact.  I say that with as much anger as I would if I replaced the word "God" with "The Boogeyman". 

The reason God doesn't help little children who get raped is because He isn't real.  The reason so many of us don't believe in God is because He's not real.  The reason most of the world disagrees with your version of God is because you're wrong about it.  The reason some humans suffer immeasurable amounts, while at the same time, others experience wonderful and joyful lives is because there is no God, and our lives (good or bad) arise naturally out of our circumstances and decision making.  The reason we can't see God is because God isn't real.  The reason we can't hear God is because God isn't real.  The reason that prayer to a milk jug offers the same benefits as prayer to God is because God isn't real.  The reason the bible has so many contradictory, absurd, and false things in it is because it is a completely fictional book.  The reasons you think God is real are the same reasons other people give for believing in their gods, but in reality, until evidence comes along to change it, you're all equally wrong.  The reason you think God is good is because you've been brainwashed to think it, despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

I just wanted to point those few things out to you in hopes that you will see that we are not angry with God, but that we have ample reason (beyond any reasonable doubt in fact) to believe that God is not real.  In order to be angry with God, you must first believe God exists; which it doesn't. 

Not backpedaling. I have already stated I feel all healing is of GOD.

If this is your stance, then let me ask you this...  Assuming God is real for a moment, why do you think God would go through the trouble of healing us if he didn't bother stopping us from getting hurt in the first place?  And also, what do you make of the fact that when someone who lives in an area with available medical treatment gets sick, they have a massively increased chance of surviving over someone who lives in an area with no access to medical treatment?  If your theory was true, and all healing was from God, then statistically speaking, medical treatment wouldn't matter.  People who go to hospitals when they are sick or injured would have the same chance of survival as people who receive no medical treatment at all.  Are you going to argue this is not the case?  Or are you going to say something that leaves us all shaking our heads at yet another completely unprovable assertion?  I'm guessing the latter.  I just can't wait to see what it is.   

The reason people have an increased chance of surviving an injury if they receive medical treatment is because modern medicine is effective in the treatment of injuries.  As an atheist with a decent track record of success in a medical profession, let me tell you, healing doesn't come from God.  God doesn't help because God isn't real.     
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
Had to +1 you yet again, but the comment space is too small in the Darwins.

I generally like to keep responses to a few lines, maybe because I tend to be a bit too ADD to stay focused on longer posts. And your post isn't acually long at all, but was just so chock-full of good points that I would hope ILY goes carefully through it and adresses each one.

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2012, 02:02:07 AM »
ILY, there is a country by name Japan. It has the highest life expectancy in the world, as of now (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy). Less than 1% of Japan are Christians. Is Yahwe double dealing on the Christians of the world or are the Japanese gods tad more efficient in healing?

I wonder what the lizards believe in. The tail growing back is a minor miracle.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »
Hey ILY, just an FYI here...

From your posts, (and perhaps I am misreading you here) it seems that you think the lot of us are just angry at God, and thus we lash out and claim He isn't real.
No, All of you are different. It's not like I haven't been mad or frustrated with GOD. But no, I do not believe all of you feel this way. I feel a lot of people have been emotionally scorned that left a scar. I know how some of you feel. I have been mocked at, laughed at. Looked down upon. By people whom I thought were supposed to be my Brothers and Sisters. I have been told That I couldn't be forgiven. That I was blotted out.  I hurt so much. I was told that I had been cut off. I was told that I was out of The Lords will. And the people whom I thought were here to help me cut me so deeply. I went to family members, Pastors, evangelist. I called prayer lines. But I kept going back. Scared, alone. Frightened. I prayed for over a year begging and sobbing. Alone, nearly everyday.

But please let me be crystal clear for you... The Christian God isn't real. It's a fairy tale for adults.  It is just as fictional as Zeus, Ra, Thor and all the rest. When you go about commenting on God, please understand that you aren't saying anything with any basis in actual fact.  I say that with as much anger as I would if I replaced the word "God" with "The Boogeyman". 
He is not real to you. I hope you understand this.

The reason God doesn't help little children who get raped is because He isn't real.  The reason so many of us don't believe in God is because He's not real.  The reason most of the world disagrees with your version of God is because you're wrong about it.  The reason some humans suffer immeasurable amounts, while at the same time, others experience wonderful and joyful lives is because there is no God, and our lives (good or bad) arise naturally out of our circumstances and decision making.  The reason we can't see God is because God isn't real.  The reason we can't hear God is because God isn't real.  The reason that prayer to a milk jug offers the same benefits as prayer to God is because God isn't real.  The reason the bible has so many contradictory, absurd, and false things in it is because it is a completely fictional book.  The reasons you think God is real are the same reasons other people give for believing in their gods, but in reality, until evidence comes along to change it, you're all equally wrong.  The reason you think God is good is because you've been brainwashed to think it, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I wonder what it is you are looking for when you don't know what it is you are looking for...It is hard to find something when you have no idea what it is you are looking for.

I just wanted to point those few things out to you in hopes that you will see that we are not angry with God, but that we have ample reason (beyond any reasonable doubt in fact) to believe that God is not real.  In order to be angry with God, you must first believe God exists; which it doesn't. 
GOD does not exist to you thus you can not be mad at something that does not exist. Got it.

Not backpedaling. I have already stated I feel all healing is of GOD.

If this is your stance, then let me ask you this...  Assuming God is real for a moment, why do you think God would go through the trouble of healing us if he didn't bother stopping us from getting hurt in the first place?  And also, what do you make of the fact that when someone who lives in an area with available medical treatment gets sick, they have a massively increased chance of surviving over someone who lives in an area with no access to medical treatment?  If your theory was true, and all healing was from God, then statistically speaking, medical treatment wouldn't matter.  People who go to hospitals when they are sick or injured would have the same chance of survival as people who receive no medical treatment at all.  Are you going to argue this is not the case?  Or are you going to say something that leaves us all shaking our heads at yet another completely unprovable assertion?  I'm guessing the latter.  I just can't wait to see what it is.   

Why would you even ask me this question about something you do not believe exists. You have answered your own question, why do you ask me about GOD then...?
What you saying is that you expect GOD to supernaturally heal anyone and everyone from everything everywhere all the time or GOD does not exist. So in order for GOD to be GOD to you, He would have to do what you expect of Him, take orders from you, conform to what your understanding of GOD should be and meet your expectations. If GOD healed one amputee, would you be satisfied...? And then what...? Are you miraculously going to change...?

Sounds like a roll reversal here.

The reason people have an increased chance of surviving an injury if they receive medical treatment is because modern medicine is effective in the treatment of injuries.  As an atheist with a decent track record of success in a medical profession, let me tell you, healing doesn't come from God.  God doesn't help because God isn't real.

I guess you have figured out your own existence then.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:35:52 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »
This is GOD'S decision. Can I ask you a question...?  ..
SO how does one know god's decision?  How does one know god?
Specifically, There are two paths.. one is taking another's word  that he has spoken to god to get his word and the other is to communicate with god directly.

Which do you hold in the highest esteem?

Have you ever held a conversation with god? If so, what did he say to you?

I would tell you to seek Jesus Christ. By doing so you would be trusting in GOD.

Conversation, no. Communication, yes. It's like GOD suddenly appeared and we sat down and had tea and crumpets together. It wasn't like that.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
ILY, there is a country by name Japan. It has the highest life expectancy in the world, as of now (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy). Less than 1% of Japan are Christians. Is Yahwe double dealing on the Christians of the world or are the Japanese gods tad more efficient in healing?

I wonder what the lizards believe in. The tail growing back is a minor miracle.

The Japanese eat healthier too. That may be a big part of it, don't you think...? Not to mention one of the highest percentage of depression and suicide rates in the world.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:18:31 AM by ILOVEYOU »