Author Topic: Speaking in GoDs Language  (Read 18007 times)

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Speaking in GoDs Language
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »
So, do you believe God has healed anyone either supernaturally or miraculously, for any physical ailment?

Yes, I do. And even Doctors are puzzled when they witness and document these things. Some believe, some don't.

Good, so you are at least willing to admit that God does this for some, but specifically has NEVER down this for any amputees.  I'm sure you know exactly why as well?
I've already stated that I do not know but gave you my opinion. I surely don't believe it's because He doesn't exist.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »
Because all it takes is that "One". Some believers may know what I am talking about. There is a another believer here and last night I was reading through some of his posts. And he was saying some things that only people who know...... know.

Unreal. I'm at a loss for words.

How old are you?

Mid thirties. The latter half.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:13 AM »
Hey Emily.

Hey.

I think Jesus plainly answers your question in Matthew 19:14.

He specifically says "children". Says The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. At what age are they no longer considered children...?

I think it doesn't. The children he prayed for were specifically brought to him with the need for him to pray for them, but any loving god wouldn't put children in the position of needing a prayer by him to begin with. That verse features children who were brought to jesus by someone, a family member or someone else, who already heard of this awesome stuff that jesus was preaching. That verse seems to show that the children had to have had someone show them who jesus was in the first place. It doesn't give any relevance to the those who never had the privilege of being able to come into contact with him in the first place. That entire chapter discusses a "great multitude" (Matt 19:2) following him. That multitude would've already been seeking his blessings because of what they heard him do.

So it doesn't really discuss an 'age of accountability' and it doesn't and shouldn't give any relief that there are thousands and thousands of children dying who never even had a chance to hear jesus' name or words. All it does is discuss how there were children who were brought to jesus who needed a prayer and blessing and he supplied it to them.

I don't know. I don't really see any place in the bible that discusses how one can be saved without even hearing the name of jesus. Biblical speaking it's impossible. Somehow someone needs to know jesus or at least come into contact with him in order to be saved. Still thousands of children were dying simple because jesus never traveled to their remote location on earth.

I'm sorry Emily. I can't understand why you are denying Jesus' obvious statement here. You seem to be adding more to it than what He clearly states but if this is the way you feel, then there is really nothing I can say about this.

Again, I feel that GOD is being wrongfully accused and I don't understand why you are blaming Him for anything when it is He whom has loved you and has given you life. And fully understand why some things are happening and why He must with-hold His hand at the moment. When it is not Him killing innocent children. It appears this way to you but it is not the truth. Did not the devil temp Jesus in the desert. Do you not remember what he tempted Him with...? Look it up and see and stop blaming GOD for something He is going to stop and deal with swiftly at the appointed time. All must be fulfilled first.
You yourself have stated ILY that God interacts with you ,,,,and MY question is why he fails to interact with the 3000 who die every hour from starvation. Then I asked you what made you SO special that he would interact with you and not others who CLEARLY need him more than YOU do. Answer the question

I do not know.  I still wonder why the fact that we were warned that these things would happen just goes unnoticed by many. Yet they are happening and now everybody is blaming GOD about something he told us was going to happen and be prepared for.

It wasn't always like this. And there is more than enough food to go around for all. So why is it that even though there is more than enough food in the Earth to feed everyone, we still have people starving. I wouldn't say that it is GOD not doing His part. Do you think it is possible that there are other things going on that hinder these peoples need for food or disease...? Even shelter..?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:31:46 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
God has obviously ignored most of the people on these boards,20% of the American population,most of the populations of India,China,the middle east and ALL of pre-contact north and south America. Why can't God communicate clearly to ALL his "subjects" like he does with you?
I don't think that it is because He can't.

Again why have you been in contact with this God guy,but not me or others I have mentioned? Why has he clearly taken your "freewill" away and not others? I have all the information ever published about God and Jesus at the tips of my fingers,yet I although can't prove he exists or not,have NO evidence for it to be real or true.
I can read a book about building a boat and what it takes to build one and what it does. But I will not have a boat until I apply what I have read and start to build one. I can revisit the book and go over certain parts as a reference guide. But just reading and knowing vs. actually applying it is 2 separate things.

Is this God guy making choices,is he picking you over me and others? Why would a God do that to any of his subjects? Free-will cant be your choice as to why,because by being in contact with you,it severly now limits the choices you can make with your life. As far as it goes if you now make a bad coice,you will pay the price? or do you have a magic way out of bad decisions you make because you "believe"?

No one has forced your hand. Everything you've done, you have done yourself. Whether GOD knows or not is irrelevant. You cannot blame your actions on another. Everyone has been given freely the choice to make. And this applies to me as well. I can't blame another for my actions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:22:12 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2012, 02:11:32 AM »
Probably not officially online, I'm not sure if hospital records are officially made public or not. But I am sure if you look for some testimony of Doctors that have witnessed these events, it may give you a better understanding or at least testimony from another's perspective.

Hipaa laws are a bitch, aren't they?!?

As someone who actually works in medicine, and who has typed 30,000+ reports, I'm going to toss in My $0.02 here.

I have never -- Repeat, never! -- heard of a single miraculous healing, nor have I ever transcribed such a thing.

Not one.

Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
Probably not officially online, I'm not sure if hospital records are officially made public or not. But I am sure if you look for some testimony of Doctors that have witnessed these events, it may give you a better understanding or at least testimony from another's perspective.

Hipaa laws are a bitch, aren't they?!?

As someone who actually works in medicine, and who has typed 30,000+ reports, I'm going to toss in My $0.02 here.

I have never -- Repeat, never! -- heard of a single miraculous healing, nor have I ever transcribed such a thing.

Not one.

OK. I have never seen one either. But it happens.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:30:17 AM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2012, 05:19:04 AM »

Hey, I don't need to witness 'miraculous healing' personally to believe it happens either.

All I need are links to peer reviewed scientific papers detailing the procedures by which miraculous healing has been observed repeatedly in the lab under conditions that can be reproduced ... and how attempts to falsify the claim have failed.

In other words ... give me some evidence or it didn't happen.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
God has obviously ignored most of the people on these boards,20% of the American population,most of the populations of India,China,the middle east and ALL of pre-contact north and south America. Why can't God communicate clearly to ALL his "subjects" like he does with you?
I don't think that it is because He can't.

Again why have you been in contact with this God guy,but not me or others I have mentioned? Why has he clearly taken your "freewill" away and not others? I have all the information ever published about God and Jesus at the tips of my fingers,yet I although can't prove he exists or not,have NO evidence for it to be real or true.
I can read a book about building a boat and what it takes to build one and what it does. But I will not have a boat until I apply what I have read and start to build one. I can revisit the book and go over certain parts as a reference guide. But just reading and knowing vs. actually applying it is 2 separate things.

Is this God guy making choices,is he picking you over me and others? Why would a God do that to any of his subjects? Free-will cant be your choice as to why,because by being in contact with you,it severly now limits the choices you can make with your life. As far as it goes if you now make a bad coice,you will pay the price? or do you have a magic way out of bad decisions you make because you "believe"?

No one has forced your hand. Everything you've done, you have done yourself. Whether GOD knows or not is irrelevant. You cannot blame your actions on another. Everyone has been given freely the choice to make. And this applies to me as well. I can't blame another for my actions.

you still did not address the Question.....I have nothing to do with the equasion,I asked why God has limited your free will by interacting with you....but not the other 66% of the world
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
Probably much more than 66% of the world, because of the percentage who identify themselves as Christian, I would guess that the majority are more or less going through the motions in a Pascal's Wager mindset without actually feeling anything like the "relationship" ILY and others like him describe.

Offline Devils Advocate

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Provocateur
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
You are assuming that you have somehow applied the bible to your life in a way that others have not. I think that is not a fair assumption. I believed for years, even proselytized others, but wound up disappointed. We still get back to the question, why are you so special in the eyes of your god? You say "I don't know" but maybe it is because you are incorrect about whether your god has shown himself to you? Is that even a possibility in your mind?
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
Epicurus

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »
You are assuming that you have somehow applied the bible to your life in a way that others have not. I think that is not a fair assumption. I believed for years, even proselytized others, but wound up disappointed. We still get back to the question, why are you so special in the eyes of your god? You say "I don't know" but maybe it is because you are incorrect about whether your god has shown himself to you? Is that even a possibility in your mind?
The fact that he could be delusional,would be at this time unfathomable to him....as I read  it was to you as well. The points you bring up,can they be answered truthfully? "I don't know",can't really be an answer from a true believer can it?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:05:25 PM by 12 Monkeys »
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
Did not the devil temp Jesus in the desert.

This is stupid in so many ways . . . far beyond the obvious spelling and punctuation errors.

"Did not the devil tempt Jesus in the desert?"

No, he did not. How do I know this? Because there is no such thing as the devil. You stupid Christians buy the stupid bullshit that your stupid parents fed to you. After a while, you become able to twist the truth and the fairy tales to reconcile the "harshness" of reality with your precious worldview all on your own. You make the devil out to be a sinister genius when it is convenient for your stupid worldview. Moments later, you make the devil out to be a complete dumbass when it is convenient for your stupid worldview.

You see, in the real world, rational people decipher what is probably true and what is probably not true. In a world where people are constantly fooling gullible idiots with complete bullshit, you are trapped if you believe them for no good reason. If you are at all suspicious that biblical myths just don't seem to add up, you need to investigate further. Don't worry. If there truly is a Creator of the universe who knows all your thoughts, and knows that you are an innocent bystander who was born into a world in which there is a bullshitter lurking around every corner, this Creator should have no problem with you conducting your warranted investigation.

This website is filled with a multitude of awe-inspiring points of view. None of the contributors of its content can even come close to creating universes, but the knowledge contained on this website dwarfs that which is offered by the Bible. The Bible is nothing but a collection of ancient myths. You can actually watch YHWH and Satan evolve from the collective mythical ideas of man right before your very eyes.

Like I said, in a world where there are men who create bullshit to manipulate gullible idiots, if you eat the bullshit hook, line, and sinker without question, there is no hope for you. Amen.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

I'd just like to add that although I've never seen a mermaid, nor has anyone I've ever known, they still exist.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
Hi Everyone.

Please pay more attention to your quotes.  Limit the nested to quotes to include only the relevant posts.  And please use the preview button so you can check to make sure they are correct before posting.

thank you
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
you still did not address the Question.....I have nothing to do with the equasion,I asked why God has limited your free will by interacting with you....but not the other 66% of the world

You are making a false assumption. What makes you think that...?

Can you show me anywhere in scripture it makes this claim. That when GOD reveals Himself to a person, they no longer have freewill.

We are called to live by faith. GOD is the author and perfecter of our faith.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »

I'd just like to add that although I've never seen a mermaid, nor has anyone I've ever known, they still exist.
Lots of my ancestors,,,all the way up to present day witnessing of Bigfoot as a real "thing"(including me) so we can add him to the list

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
Lots of my ancestors,,,all the way up to present day witnessing of Bigfoot as a real "thing"(including me) so we can add him to the list

Thing is. This is nothing new. Claims have been made. You may not have witnessed it but you have heard the testimonies.

Usually explained as an "Unexplained event".

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

Can you show me anywhere in scripture it makes this claim. That when GOD reveals Himself to a person, they no longer have freewill.

I guess you may be right about the free-will thing,because when you make a wrong choice,how exactly does God forgive you for it? You know when you make the "free-will" choice ,it is wrong,God knows it is wrong,do you as a believer get a free pass or will you suffer like a non-theist would for the same choice?

Let's look at this free-will thing in depth a bit more shall we. The highest calling a man can have in some cases is to become a priest,this priest has the free-will choice to  or NOT to fuck the little boy. How then does the priest rationalize this free-choice in the eyes of his God? Joe blow non-theist,fucks a little boy,what is his free-will choice in the eyes of God?

Does God punish Joe-blow with eternity in hell? What of the priest.....he believes in God and Jesus,is his punishment the same as Joe-blows? if not why not? Joe-blow and the Priest clearly know they are making a highly questionable choice when they fuck the little boy......Joe-blow has only fear of the authorities and none of eternal damnation. The priest has the opposite conundrum he does not fear the authorities,but must fear eternal punishment of hell,unless God forgives him.

How then does the priest rationalize he will escape punishment from God for the use of his free-will?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:23:12 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »

Thing is. This is nothing new. Claims have been made. You may not have witnessed it but you have heard the testimonies.

Usually explained as an "Unexplained event".
I clearly stated I was a witness to it,why would you consider it an unexplained event?

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »

It may not be in scripture directly, but it seems that whenever theists are asked why god cannot make himself manifest so that there would be no doubt about his existence (for those who do not believe because of lack of evidence), we get the answer that god doesn't want a bunch of robots, but rather people who come to him of their own free will.

You have not actually said this yet, but still, the argument goes both ways; either god cannot reveal himself for some reason, which is why the majority of the world is not Christian, or he can (as you claim he has done in your case and in those of other true believers).

So, if the answer is that he CAN, then why is it that he does not do it in so many cases?

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »

We hear Christians saying this sort of thing all the time.

Here is a Christian website where this very thing is addressed.
Well, Dr. Michael Murray, a brilliant professor of philosophy at Franklin & Marshall College, has found a reason for God to remain hidden. He argues that if God reveals himself too much to people, he takes away our freedom to make morally-significant decisions, including responding to his self-revelation to us. Murray argues that God stays somewhat hidden, so that he gives people space to either 1) respond to God, or 2) avoid God so we can keep our autonomy from him.

http://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/why-doesnt-god-provide-more-evidence-that-he-exists/

God being the author of our faith....does this mean you believe he does override our free will?
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
Monkeymind

These people can rationalize forgivness of ANY behaviour they explore that is outside the realm of what their God demands.......how else can you explain the pedophile ring that is the Catholic Church?

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »
Hebrews 12:2, how does that work?

and:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:44

How does that work?
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »

No, I can't speak for others. I do not know other than I live my life by faith as Jesus taught, not religion. It's not about religion as you're thinking or even proselytizing. Believing, yes but not religion. Look and see how Jesus uses religion in context here. (James 1:27)

Is this different from what you understand...? In short, what He is saying is if you want to do something religious and have GOD's approval, go out and do an unselfish act of love to those in need. Which is exactly in line with the commandments.

Love GOD with all of your heart, strength and understanding. The other just like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. And love each other as I have loved you.

See a pattern here...?

Jesus clears a lot of things up if people would just focus and listen what He is saying. Then apply what He says and learn. Not from just reading but doing.

But if someone is only interested in playing Church on Sundays and going through the motions and tipping GOD on the way out the door. What good is that...? Do you think that GOD can be bought...? Just asking the question, not pointing fingers here...?

When does it ever become more than just going to Church or a religion. Or a list of rules of "what not to do."  When does it get personal. When does one's faith touch the heart of GOD.

And please don't think that I am any better than any of you. I am not. Not at all. And please don't ever think that. I love you as a person.

I have had more one on one time with The Lord I feel in my everyday personal life as to regards of just my time in a Church building.

Which religion is it...? If you guess right, you may feel as if you won the religious lottery.

Try and seek Jesus and let go of religion. Don't worry about what everybody else is doing but just trust in what He is saying.

It doesn't matter where you are. And be patient.

And if you feel you have done this, truthfully w/ all of your heart, then be patient. I know it is hard sometimes. I know.

This is personal.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »
ILY, Iknow,Iknow you will dismiss the priest as not "actually" being a man of God,that is how you will rationalize it. What about the dozens if not hundreds of people associated with that priest,who have knowledge of his actions? The ones who discipline him by moving him around,hide him,dismiss victim statments? These people who have knowledge of the crime,is their faith that God will handle it give them solice? Are the people who hide this priest and his actions guilty of the sin as well? Even the pope is aware of the problem,is he not a man of God,he has failed to bring the problem to light and have the priests punished in a court of the land,why?

The Pope and all associated with the pedophiles are just as guilty as the pedophiles themselves,no? If it is a SIN to think about banging your neighbors wife,it surely is a sin to hide a pedophile,that makes the Pope as guilty in the eyes of God......how does God dismiss this?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:56:44 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »
ILY:
Hebrews 12:2 speaks directly to the central doctrine of Christian faith-salvation. In this scripture we are to see how Christ endured the cross (for our salvation) and that alone should draw us to God. I have a big issue with the immorality of this salvation thing to begin with. It is not moral that anyone should pay for my transgressions, for one thing. Put that aside for a moment though and consider this:

Accept Christ or eternal damnation, how is that a choice? Where is the free will in that?

In God On Trial, a fictional account of a group of Jews in a Nazi extermination camp, there is a scene where a Jewish man is pleading with a Nazi soldier to not kill his two sons. The soldier says “choose one.” The man answers, “How is that a choice?”  It is not, it is coercion.

Not only that, but scripture is clear that we do not have a choice in accepting God.
The Bible says, God saw you before you were born and predestined everything that you will ever do. 

16Your (A)eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in (B)Your book were all written The (C)days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. Psalm 139:16 (NAS)

Because He saw it, and wrote in His book each day of your life---it will be!  If He made you, and He knows what you were and are going to do, you do not have a choice. You will simply do what God predestined you to do.

28And we know that [a]God causes (A)all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are (B)called according to His purpose.  29For those whom He (C)foreknew, He also (D)predestined to become (E)conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the (F)firstborn among many brethren;  30and these whom He (G)predestined, He also (H)called; and these whom He called, He also (I)justified; and these whom He justified, He also (J)glorified. Romans 8:28-30(NAS)

If this is the case, that you were predestined to conform to the likeness of His son, how is it a choice?  And if God did not foresee that you would ‘choose’ to love Christ, then He is not omniscient.

Likewise, if a man is wicked, then God surely made him that way.  Proverbs 16:4 (NAS) “The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil.” 

The wicked do not have a choice, if God already made everything for its own purpose, the outcome is fixed. And nothing man can do will change that. 13Consider the (A)work of God, For who is (B)able to straighten what He has bent? Ecclesiastes 7:13. (NAS)

Finally, if God foresees everything except where man’s ‘free will’ is involved, then He is not all knowing or all powerful because He can not respond to or act upon something that He does not know.

The Bible clearly speaks against free will and for predestination.  4just as (A)He chose us in Him before (B)the foundation of the world, that we would be (C)holy and blameless before [a]Him (D)In love  5He (E)predestined us to (F)adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, (G)according to the kind intention of His will,  6(H)to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in (I)the Beloved. Ephesians 1:3-6 [NAS]
4But God, being (A)rich in mercy, because of (B)His great love with which He loved us, 5even when we were ©dead in our transgressions, made us alive together [a]with Christ ((D)by grace you have been saved),  6and (E)raised us up with Him, and (F)seated us with Him in (G)the heavenly places in (H)Christ Jesus,  7so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing (I)riches of His grace in (J)kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.  8For (K)by grace you have been saved (L)through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is (M)the gift of God;  9(N)not as a result of works, so that (O)no one may boast.  10For we are His workmanship, (P)created in (Q)Christ Jesus for ®good works, which God (S)prepared beforehand so that we would (T)walk in them.  Ephesians 2:4-10 [NAS]

“10Not only that, but Rebekah’s children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad - in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls - she was told “The older will serve the younger”. 13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated”. 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion” [Exodus 33:19 NASB]”
 20On the contrary, who are you, (A)O man, who (B)answers back to God? (C)The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? 21Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? Romans 9:20-21 [NASB]
 9who has (A)saved us and (B)called us with a holy (C)calling, (D)not according to our works, but according to His own (E)purpose and grace which was granted us in (F)Christ Jesus from (G)all eternity, 2 Timothy 1:9 [NASB]

48When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying (A)the word of the Lord; and as many as (B)had been appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48 [NASB]

Clearly, we are not free to choose Christ.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
ILY, Iknow,Iknow you will dismiss the priest as not "actually" being a man of God,that is how you will rationalize it. What about the dozens if not hundreds of people associated with that priest,who have knowledge of his actions? The ones who discipline him by moving him around,hide him,dismiss victim statments? These people who have knowledge of the crime,is their faith that God will handle it give them solice? Are the people who hide this priest and his actions guilty of the sin as well? Even the pope is aware of the problem,is he not a man of God,he has failed to bring the problem to light and have the priests punished in a court of the land,why?

The Pope and all associated with the pedophiles are just as guilty as the pedophiles themselves,no? If it is a SIN to think about banging your neighbors wife,it surely is a sin to hide a pedophile,that makes the Pope as guilty in the eyes of God......how does God dismiss this?

Clearly you feel that something is not right and makes you want to get as far away as possible from this situation. I wander why that is...? Why if it is so good, actually pushing you further and further away from GOD...?

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
Answer the questions put forth,if you can.

FYI I am an Indian who has seen the direct results on people from these monsters,,,,on my coast(west) it was the United church resposible
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:11:00 PM by 12 Monkeys »

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
This is personal.

Have truer words ever been written about the belief in gods?

This is why belief in gods fails. The truth is not personal. The truth exists whether any person believes or not. One does not have to believe in gravity, nor evolution, nor the big bang, for them to be true. They all work independantly of belief. The same cannot be said of gods.

Why is that, do you think?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.