Author Topic: Atheists are evil  (Read 1342 times)

Offline rickymooston

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-11
Atheists are evil
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:55:44 PM »
Without a moral law giver, how can they have morals?

Without prayer, how can they should they give a f*ck about anybody?

When they go to war, how can they sit in fox holes in their disbelief.

They are godless.

Feel free to add your own cliches to this thread and your smite the OP to your hearts content.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
  • learn to laugh at yourself. I am.
Re: Atheists are evil
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:16:20 PM »
Is that really what Atheist believe that people that really believe in God thinks about them? I know atheist and I know thesit and no one I know feels like that, I sure don't. I mean sometimes they piss me off but so does my kids. we believe different about one thing but the same about others. I believe in God , they don't, I believe children sure be cared for , I would bet they believe that too.
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
Is that really what Atheist believe that people that really believe in God thinks about them?

Nope, this is what theists tell us they think about us.

Also, this one
They are godless.
is kind of obvious.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
Is that really what Atheist believe that people that really believe in God thinks about them?

Nope, this is what theists tell us they think about us.

Also, this one
They are godless.
is kind of obvious.
So you don't believe in God , Nobody is perfect. &) And maybe you are just talking to the black sheep of the Christian family.  ;)
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

As Luci says, theists tell us so quite frequently.  It's part of why atheists are one of the least-trusted demographics in America.  And they have a large degree of Biblical support for their attitude.

I know atheist and I know thesit and no one I know feels like that, I sure don't. I mean sometimes they piss me off but so does my kids. we believe different about one thing but the same about others. I believe in God , they don't, I believe children sure be cared for , I would bet they believe that too.

If they did feel that way, would they necessarily tell you?  I mean, you're a fellow Christian.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
And maybe you are just talking to the black sheep of the Christian family.  ;)

That doesn't mean that they're a minority among christians.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

As Luci says, theists tell us so quite frequently.  It's part of why atheists are one of the least-trusted demographics in America.  And they have a large degree of Biblical support for their attitude.

I know atheist and I know thesit and no one I know feels like that, I sure don't. I mean sometimes they piss me off but so does my kids. we believe different about one thing but the same about others. I believe in God , they don't, I believe children sure be cared for , I would bet they believe that too.

If they did feel that way, would they necessarily tell you?  I mean, you're a fellow Christian.
You may have a point , but it seem that , me being an owner of the decoder ring and all , that they would share it with me. :? Don't you think? ;D
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
I don't know.  If an acquaintance of yours thought that blacks were a lower sub-species of human being, would they necessarily share that opinion with you?  Or would they keep it to themselves?

This is similar.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »
And maybe you are just talking to the black sheep of the Christian family.  ;)

That doesn't mean that they're a minority among christians.
It doesn't' mean they are the majority either. The people that are trying to control others or saying that they are a danger to the public , is no more than a witch hunt. Which I know the Christians had sometime to do with that also. But Those people are ones we need to fear. Not the Religion , not the Atheist, But the people that use those things as a tool to put fear into the hearts of others. Those people have atheist and theist fighting against each other and mistrusting each other so much , that we lose track of who is really pulling the reins.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
I don't know.  If an acquaintance of yours thought that blacks were a lower sub-species of human being, would they necessarily share that opinion with you?  Or would they keep it to themselves?

This is similar.
I never really thought about it that way.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
We choose our own gods.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »
If an Atheist friend and I went to a Religion rally and it became known that my friend was an atheist , what do you think the reaction of the people at the rally would be?
Now , using the same thing but instead of a religion rally it was an atheist rally and they found out I was a Christian?
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
Damn right we are evil. Muhahahah (evil laugh).

Im going to kick the dog, yell at the old lady crossing the street to slow, and run with sizzors...hahaha.  Take that theists.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rickymooston

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-11
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
If an Atheist friend and I went to a Religion rally and it became known that my friend was an atheist , what do you think the reaction of the people at the rally would be?
Now , using the same thing but instead of a religion rally it was an atheist rally and they found out I was a Christian?

In both examples, it depends whether the people at the rally were boneheads or not.  :o

If the people at the rally were not not boneheads, the rally would be peaceful, involving thought rather than encouraging people to behave violently and irrationally.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 06:15:20 PM »

In both examples, it depends whether the people at the rally were boneheads or not.  :o

If the people at the rally were not not boneheads, the rally would be peaceful, involving thought rather than encouraging people to behave violently and irrationally.
And that is the way it should always be.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »
Is that really what Atheist believe that people that really believe in God thinks about them? I know atheist and I know thesit and no one I know feels like that, I sure don't. I mean sometimes they piss me off but so does my kids. we believe different about one thing but the same about others. I believe in God , they don't, I believe children sure be cared for , I would bet they believe that too.

Is it really so hard to believe? In another thread you have Gill claiming that he would never vote for or want an atheist to be president because he says they answer to no "higher authority".

This entire forum is filled with lines from theists making similiar claims.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
We are still battling the very visceral response from many people who have no idea what atheism is.  The term is old, but carries tons of horrible stigma from the days when it was literally a death wish to call yourself an atheist, or be discovered as a non-believer.  Atheists need to use the label a lot more, and dilute the old stigma attached to it.  That will take a lot of atheists, and time.  But in the end, I think it is possible.

Imagine, a Christian will find a Muslim more trustworthy specifically because the Muslim at least believes in something, while the atheist, according to the Christian, believes in nothing (this is false, but it persists.)

riley - you can be a spokesperson for atheists by telling your fell believers that we are not baby-eating, devil-worshiping, hell-bent scum.  Most of us are quite normal.   ;D

Offline kevinagain

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
the truth of the matter is is sometimes easy to discover, if you know the secret signs

look at this:

obviously an atheist trying to contact other like-minded reprobates without being caught

and it's probably true as well. that's why atheists have so few children-- they eat them when nobody is looking

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
One of my favorites:  They don't believe in anything.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 07:37:05 AM »
and it's probably true as well. that's why atheists have so few children-- they eat them when nobody is looking

You mean you have not been to one of the public BBQ's?   ;D

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »

The bible says nothing that is not a pejorative when in reference to non-believers; evil, beasts, the word of god is like pearls before swine, idolators, the enemy, and none can do good.  All dichotomies between belief and non-belief are divided along terms that negatively describe not believing; disobedient, prideful, fool, liar.  Every attempt to divorce the value of the out group from the in group is repetitiously reinforced from cover to cover of the bible.  Christians use it in exactly this manner, responding with scriptural verses when questions become to hard or they're caught in some uncomfortable situation where they view our behavior as threatening.   For the christians who are truly sociopaths, in that they lack a semblance of human empathy, the bible is a treasure trove of ways to demean someone for not believing someone else at face value.

What I, as an atheist, view it as is little different from how cults operate in that it uses emotionally loaded rhetoric to inform an audience of people who have been indoctrinated already why they should never trust those who do not believe or treat them with anything less than contempt, which this is exactly how the majority of christians behave.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:54:42 PM by Omen »
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
rickymooston - Wow, how weird....  I'm an atheist and yet we obviously think diferently but yet you have the same avatar as me with the dog that I absolutely love.   What an abolsute coincidence that a part of you thinks just like an atheist.... Does it bother you now!?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:58:28 PM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

The bible says nothing that is not a pejorative when in reference to non-believers; evil, beasts, the word of god is like pearls before swine, idolators, the enemy, and none can do good.  All dichotomies between belief and non-belief are divided along terms that negatively describe not believing; disobedient, prideful, fool, liar.  Every attempt to divorce the value of the out group from the in group is repetitiously reinforced from cover to cover of the bible.  Christians use it in exactly this manner, responding with scriptural verses when questions become to hard or they're caught in some uncomfortable situation where they view our behavior as threatening.   For the christians who are truly sociopaths, in that they lack a semblance of human empathy, the bible is a treasure trove of ways to demean someone for not believing someone else at face value.

What I, as an atheist, view it as is little different from how cults operate in that it uses emotionally loaded rhetoric to inform an audience of people who have been indoctrinated already why they should never trust those who do not believe or treat them with anything less than contempt, which this is exactly how the majority of christians behave.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (John 8:7)

This verse says it all. Nonbelievers have fallen short, but so have the rest of us. We have no right to hate them or beat on them or judge them, because we are sinners too.

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:41)

That means we are to love everyone, even nonbelievers, and even our enemies.
But then there are other things in the Bible that say

2 Chronicles 15:13 (NIV) - All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Which once again makes me believe that the Bible was tainted by man to gain control and power. To humble yourself seems to be an  important thing in the teaching of Jesus. So I can not see killing those that do not believe if a way of humbling yourself.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »

This verse says it all. Nonbelievers have fallen short, but so have the rest of us. We have no right to hate them or beat on them or judge them, because we are sinners too.

I can't think of any worse way to respond to someone using scripture from a book that does nothing but psychotically and hatefully describe them otherwise.  I would no more take someone seriously who screamed at me for hours on end about how awful I am as a human being, then later tries to admonish themselves from their own action with condescending and hypocritical presumption of their own moral authority, that I would take the bible that does the exact same thing.  This is a total absence of reason from the nature of human behavior, in that you can't expect to inform a group of people using language specifically meant to dehumanize those who are not part of that group and not expect them to act upon that imagined derision.  The fact that it contradicts itself elsewhere is not a defense of itself.

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:41)

Its matthew 5:44, and you have totally ignored the problem.   The bible does not love people who do not believe enough to stop itself from defining them in such a way that they are necessarily enemies and then describing them as less than those who or glorified for believing.  This, like the verse above, can exist in no means nor be understood in no means that is not hypocritical and even more condescending then the verses filled with hatred themselves. 

Am I persecuting you by not believing in your religion?

How hard is it to admit that the bible is filled with venomous unjustified language that stereotypes human beings, the value of human lives, on a qualification of believe in an undetectable supernatural agent?

Which once again makes me believe that the Bible was tainted by man to gain control and power. To humble yourself seems to be an  important thing in the teaching of Jesus. So I can not see killing those that do not believe if a way of humbling yourself.

You have a twisted sense of bias towards belief where you precondition the bible to say or imply things it does not, I cannot take you seriously because of it.  The admonishment to love others is marred by the fact that it condemns those human beings to hell, it literally means to love others because in the end.. they will get what they deserve and justice will be at hand.  The insidious nature of implying the act of persecution where one does not believe you at face value is what makes imploring others to  love jointly meaningless and evil at the same time.

If John 3:18 is true, then John 3:16 is false.

If at any point my value as a human being is decided based on whether or not I believe an undetectable supernatural agency 'loves' me by not giving me a choice to take responsibility for not only its own sacrifice but the offense it is supposed to save me from, then the bible is in every conceivable sense wholly without ethical merit.  I am no more guilty of an action my father has taken then I am guilty of actions I have never taken, nor am I guilty of actions that occurred in literally or in metaphor from ancestors I never knew and actions I could not have a choice in.  Requiring that I be guilty for those things, renders any rational notion of what 'guilt' or 'responsibility' infers meaningless.  Just as someone who harms themselves for the purpose of delivering me from that guilt of a thing I could never be guilty of, could never take the responsibility of my own actions from me with their sacrifice, I would never allow it.  Again, doing so renders any notion of judgement, guilt, or responsibility meaningless if not haphazardly insane.  Ethically I would be inclined to stop such a sacrifice or personal harm, I would be more responsible if I stood by and did nothing then if I stopped it from happening or tried.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

I can't think of any worse way to respond to someone using scripture from a book that does nothing but psychotically and hatefully describe them otherwise.  I would no more take someone seriously who screamed at me for hours on end about how awful I am as a human being, then later tries to admonish themselves from their own action with condescending and hypocritical presumption of their own moral authority, that I would take the bible that does the exact same thing.  This is a total absence of reason from the nature of human behavior, in that you can't expect to inform a group of people using language specifically meant to dehumanize those who are not part of that group and not expect them to act upon that imagined derision.  The fact that it contradicts itself elsewhere is not a defense of itself.

Its matthew 5:44, and you have totally ignored the problem.   The bible does not love people who do not believe enough to stop itself from defining them in such a way that they are necessarily enemies and then describing them as less than those who or glorified for believing.  This, like the verse above, can exist in no means nor be understood in no means that is not hypocritical and even more condescending then the verses filled with hatred themselves. 

Am I persecuting you by not believing in your religion?

How hard is it to admit that the bible is filled with venomous unjustified language that stereotypes human beings, the value of human lives, on a qualification of believe in an undetectable supernatural agent?

You have a twisted sense of bias towards belief where you precondition the bible to say or imply things it does not, I cannot take you seriously because of it.  The admonishment to love others is marred by the fact that it condemns those human beings to hell, it literally means to love others because in the end.. they will get what they deserve and justice will be at hand.  The insidious nature of implying the act of persecution where one does not believe you at face value is what makes imploring others to  love jointly meaningless and evil at the same time.

If John 3:18 is true, then John 3:16 is false.

If at any point my value as a human being is decided based on whether or not I believe an undetectable supernatural agency 'loves' me by not giving me a choice to take responsibility for not only its own sacrifice but the offense it is supposed to save me from, then the bible is in every conceivable sense wholly without ethical merit.  I am no more guilty of an action my father has taken then I am guilty of actions I have never taken, nor am I guilty of actions that occurred in literally or in metaphor from ancestors I never knew and actions I could not have a choice in.  Requiring that I be guilty for those things, renders any rational notion of what 'guilt' or 'responsibility' infers meaningless.  Just as someone who harms themselves for the purpose of delivering me from that guilt of a thing I could never be guilty of, could never take the responsibility of my own actions from me with their sacrifice, I would never allow it.  Again, doing so renders any notion of judgement, guilt, or responsibility meaningless if not haphazardly insane.  Ethically I would be inclined to stop such a sacrifice or personal harm, I would be more responsible if I stood by and did nothing then if I stopped it from happening or tried.
I am going to have to wrap my mind around this for awhile. I just do not know how to respond at this time.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +107/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
Not only this^^^ but if God is concerned at all about human life,first of he would have explained to Adam and Eve where they went wrong and told them not to make the MISTAKE again. Secondly he would have better explained to his followers how to correct their behaviour instead of killing them in a global flood   Third he would never order a human to kill another.

Something so important to God is humanity,he sure has a very demented way to enforce his edicts
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »
Not only this^^^ but if God is concerned at all about human life,first of he would have explained to Adam and Eve where they went wrong and told them not to make the MISTAKE again. Secondly he would have better explained to his followers how to correct their behaviour instead of killing them in a global flood   Third he would never order a human to kill another.

Something so important to God is humanity,he sure has a very demented way to enforce his edicts
Do you watch foot ball? If so then you know what an arm chair quarterback is right?  And besides , this thread is so we can tell you how bad you are remember?  :laugh:
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +107/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »

Do you watch foot ball? If so then you know what an arm chair quarterback is right?  And besides , this thread is so we can tell you how bad you are remember?  :laugh:
ya ummmm.... thanks
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline kevyrat69

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • oh rats.
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
Ricky, Godless?  Really? Calling the dept. of redundancy department please.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

whatever people are experiencing when they experience God, it's not something they're perceiving in the external world. It's something their brains are making up.
Greta Christina