Author Topic: The Lunacy of the Judeo-Christian “Faith” Concept  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Star Stuff

• Darwins +150/-3
  • Carbon-based life form.
Re: The Lunacy of the Judeo-Christian “Faith” Concept
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Oh my.
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Disciple of Christ

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "The LORD is my shepherd." - Psalm 23
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
Oh my.

"Oh my" is right. Throughout most of my life I was rebellious and angry towards God. Sort of like you guys. I know, but of course, you are angry at the God-idea because God does not exist. ::)

Now instead of slandering him, I am defending him.

I can't expain it, but it sure feels great!!

Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline JII

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
I cannot explain my 360 degree turn around.

We can.

Offline Star Stuff

• Darwins +150/-3
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »

Yes, that sense of belonging can "feel" great, just as all religious groups, and any kind of group provides, however has no bearing on their validity or claims to truth.  Do you think that those who supported Hitler did so reluctantly, or did they experience the exact same feeling that you are experiencing - that sense of purpose and belonging to a team?

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
I cannot explain my 360 degree turn around.

We can.

I know, I know.. I suffer from bipolar schitzophrenia and megalomania because I believe in God.

There, I'll save you the time and effort.

Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »

Yes, that sense of belonging can "feel" great, just as all religious groups, and any kind of group provides, however has no bearing on their validity or claims to truth.  Do you think that those who supported Hitler did so reluctantly, or did they experience the exact same feeling that you are experiencing - that sense of purpose and belonging to a team?

I understand not just Christianity offers hope and salvation, but this is the religion I have chosen. Because why should I explore other religions if I'm happy where I'm at?

If you're happy with your spouse, would you cheat on him/her? No, you wouldn't.

So, why can't you respect that I'm a Christian,,instead of insulting me everyday?

Those who supported Adolf Hitler were nuttier than trail mix!

Offline Star Stuff

• Darwins +150/-3
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »

I understand not just Christianity offers hope and salvation, but this is the religion I have chosen. Because why should I explore other religions if I'm happy where I'm at?

I would not suggest that you explore other religions, because they, too, are based on the supernatural, not reality.  Being happy with your beliefs has no bearing on their truth.

If a believer is happier than a skeptic, this is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.  (George Bernard Shaw)

Of course not, but a spouse is not a supernatural belief system.  We are not asking you to cheat on your belief system, but rather to look at it rationally, skeptically, and critically.

So, why can't you respect that I'm a Christian, instead of insulting me everyday?

I can respect whatever beliefs you wish to hold, but the moment you assert them as reality to anyone, anywhere, anyhow, expect a response.  I do not insult you, but your baseless, supernatural assertions are an assault to the human intellect, so why do they deserve respect?

Actually they weren't.  They were victims of their environment, and got caught up on a large bandwagon, just as you have.  Indeed, they were different bandwagons, but bandwagons all the same.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »

Do Christians share their spouses with strangers?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline JII

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2008, 08:09:41 PM »

They did have a weird interpretation of the Bible and how to please God, didn't they?

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:04 PM »

So, why can't you respect that I'm a Christian,,instead of insulting me everyday?

WTF does Hitler have to do with you............or were you trying to prove a point that the jews were no longers gods chosen people(if they were he could have stopped hitler in his tracks)
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

Offline Dissenter

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Quid, Me Anxius Sum?
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2008, 05:24:37 AM »
Quote from: Disciple of Christ
I can't expain it

Yes, we've noticed.
What is above all needed is to let the meaning choose the word, and not the other way around.

-George Orwell

Been caught making shit up again? Attend the I don't know 12 step program for help.

Offline JII

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2008, 06:01:07 AM »
I know, I know.. I suffer from bipolar schitzophrenia and megalomania because I believe in God.
There, I'll save you the time and effort.

I don't know doodley about the psychotic maladies you suffer from, "bipolar schitzophrenia and megalomania" (sorry to hear it), but I do know a billion delusional people that can see "The Emperor's New Clothes", when I see them.