Author Topic: Your first 6 days in HELL  (Read 4582 times)

Offline gzusfreke

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-38
  • "Are you casting asparagus on my cooking?"-Curly
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Your first 6 days in HELL
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
It has nothing to do with smugness. We are unable to present our reasons for accepting evolution because the Christians who show up here to argue the point don't know a damned thing about the subject. Not one damned thing. Your misunderstanding of what a theory is demonstrates to me that you are just another one in the long line of VOLUNTARILY ignorant Christ-followers.

I'm not saying you are stupid. But for some reason, when it comes to contentious issues such as this, you and others like prefer not to know much, if anything, about subjects you are told to oppose.

I have five different versions of the bible bookmarked so that when a Christian makes a point and refers to a biblical verse, I can easily go to it and read their source. Christians aren't even willing to go to a frickin dictionary and make an effort to understand what a theory is.

Sad.

It's all in how one understands the words "theory" and "fact".  For me, if you mean that you have made an assumption, repeatedly tested the assumption, and got the results you were expecting consistently, then you no longer have a theory but instead you have substantiated something that can be referred to as a fact.  That's the way I was taught in school in evolutionary, godless public school science classes, so if it is wrong, don't blame it on me being a theist, because that dog won't hunt.  But to make you happy: 

From Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

THE'ORY, n. [L. theoria; Gr. to see or contemplate.]

1. Speculation; a doctrine or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice. It is here taken in an unfavorable sense, as implying something visionary.
2. An exposition of the general principles of any science; as the theory of music.
3. The science distinguished from the art; as the theory and practice of medicine.
4. The philosophical explanation of phenomena, either physical or moral; as Lavoisier's theory of combustion; Smith's theory of moral sentiments.
Theory is distinguished from hypothesis thus; a theory is founded on inferences drawn from principles which have been established on independent evidence; a hypothesis is a proposition assumed to account for certain phenomena, and has no other evidence of its truth, than that it affords a satisfactory explanation of those phenomena.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,theory

fact

FACT, n. [L. factum, from facio, to make or do.]

1. Any thing done, or that comes to pass; an act; a deed; an effect produced or achieved; an event. Witnesses are introduced into court to prove a fact. Facts are stubborn things. To deny a fact knowingly is to lie.
2. Reality; truth; as, in fact. So we say, indeed.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,fact

And owning 5 Bibles is ok, knowing what is in it is even better, but that still don't mean you get it.  Take no offense at this, but it's like the idiot savant who can play the piano by ear or do square roots in their head.  It's nifty and a novelty, but has no real substance.  You can know the Bible backwards in 5 different languages (and that would mean you are highly intelligent) but it wouldn't mean that you actually understand the Bible.
A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. - John Calvin

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »

but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,[/i]
Revelation 20   1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

And now we see that eternal bondage = 1000 years

3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer,

So there was a thousand years without the great deceiver input when sin could not have been committed .
When was that actually?

until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.[/i]

So god is limited.  He is subject to dictates, and Satan "must" be released for a short time.

The Bible says that satan will be bound in the pit for a time, then released for a short time.  After a short battle, satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire.  Revelation 20:10

....is "a short time"  less than the time he was bound into the pit for?

because you've shown us that the "eternal" pit duration was a thousand years, so a short time must be less than that.

So I take it satan has already had his short battle, and we missed it.

When was that exactly?

Please address these (bolded for your convenience) questions gzus

Please note I have snipped irrelevancies from the original.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2011, 10:49:45 PM »

1828. I think you need a more current dictionary. Here try this one. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/theory

noun (plural theories)

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained: Darwin’s theory of evolution
    a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: a theory of education [mass noun]: music theory
    an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action: my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged
    Mathematics a collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject.

That's from this years dictionary, Not some relic from 150+ years ago. Times change, maybe you should.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +749/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
It has nothing to do with smugness. We are unable to present our reasons for accepting evolution because the Christians who show up here to argue the point don't know a damned thing about the subject. Not one damned thing. Your misunderstanding of what a theory is demonstrates to me that you are just another one in the long line of VOLUNTARILY ignorant Christ-followers.

I'm not saying you are stupid. But for some reason, when it comes to contentious issues such as this, you and others like prefer not to know much, if anything, about subjects you are told to oppose.

I have five different versions of the bible bookmarked so that when a Christian makes a point and refers to a biblical verse, I can easily go to it and read their source. Christians aren't even willing to go to a frickin dictionary and make an effort to understand what a theory is.

Sad.

It's all in how one understands the words "theory" and "fact".  For me, if you mean that you have made an assumption, repeatedly tested the assumption, and got the results you were expecting consistently, then you no longer have a theory but instead you have substantiated something that can be referred to as a fact.  That's the way I was taught in school in evolutionary, godless public school science classes, so if it is wrong, don't blame it on me being a theist, because that dog won't hunt.  But to make you happy: 

THE'ORY, n. [L. theoria; Gr. to see or contemplate.]

1. Speculation; a doctrine or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice. It is here taken in an unfavorable sense, as implying something visionary.
2. An exposition of the general principles of any science; as the theory of music.
3. The science distinguished from the art; as the theory and practice of medicine.
4. The philosophical explanation of phenomena, either physical or moral; as Lavoisier's theory of combustion; Smith's theory of moral sentiments.
Theory is distinguished from hypothesis thus; a theory is founded on inferences drawn from principles which have been established on independent evidence; a hypothesis is a proposition assumed to account for certain phenomena, and has no other evidence of its truth, than that it affords a satisfactory explanation of those phenomena.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,theory

fact

FACT, n. [L. factum, from facio, to make or do.]

1. Any thing done, or that comes to pass; an act; a deed; an effect produced or achieved; an event. Witnesses are introduced into court to prove a fact. Facts are stubborn things. To deny a fact knowingly is to lie.
2. Reality; truth; as, in fact. So we say, indeed.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,fact

And owning 5 Bibles is ok, knowing what is in it is even better, but that still don't mean you get it.  Take no offense at this, but it's like the idiot savant who can play the piano by ear or do square roots in their head.  It's nifty and a novelty, but has no real substance.  You can know the Bible backwards in 5 different languages (and that would mean you are highly intelligent) but it wouldn't mean that you actually understand the Bible.

When a theory can successfully predict, it is worthy of considering. If it were daytime, I could see a thousand foot cliff out my window here in the rockies. I know, thanks to both personal experience, and the theory of gravity (and taking my weight and fragile human body into account) not to step off the edge when I'm at the top of it. When the theorh of evolution and all the information discovered about our past can be used to predict what will be found in fossil beds, in what order, and clearly state what will NOT be found in the same fossil beds, and all predictions are found to be true, it is worth listening to. When evolution can be watched in action in bacteria, when the predicted relationship between yeast and flowers and people can be demonstrated via genetics, all in ways consistent with evolution, then we have to listen. It is not a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is the way it is. No disbeliever in the theory has been able to come up with any evidence otherwise. If they could, it would mean the Nobel Prize for sure. But so far, no good.

Now a whole bunch of people have said "what about the transitional fossils, there aren't any". Of course there are. All fossils are transitional. But you guys don't want to hear that part. You want there to be missing links that, since they are missing, must not have ever existed. Just like most of you want there to have been a flood when there is no evidence whatsoever for such an event. So for most christians, evidence and verifiable theories are way too inconvenient to be considered real.

Why is you guys have so many version of christianity but only one version of dissing evolution. I thought you told me earlier in this thread that we all are " imperfect humans with different mental, emotional and spiritual capacities and perspectives ". And yet fundies all agree that evolution is a bunch of bunk and say so almost identical words. The sudden group cohesion makes no sense.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline gzusfreke

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-38
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2011, 10:52:34 PM »

According to the Bible, satan currently is able to roam the earth as well as enter into the presence of God.  satan came before God in the book of Job, he was in the wilderness tempting Jesus, and Peter writes that satan roams the earth.

Many of those who interpret the Bible with a Dispensational view believe that the Rapture will occur at some point in the future and this will begin a literal 7-year period of tribulation.  At the end of the 7 years, Jesus will return and satan will be thrown into to the pit for 1,000 years and the earth will be under the rule of Jesus without satan being able to do any damage.  Jesus will set up a throne on earth and those believers who died before His 2nd Coming or those who were raptured alive will be with Him, but will be in a transformed body that is now impervious to disease, aging, or the curse of sin.  There will still be people on the earth who were not believers and they are still under the curse of sin with free will.  At the end of 1,000 years, satan is released and allowed to gather all that he can who will rebel against God.  This battle is over with one breath and satan is defeated.  He is then thrown into the Lake of Fire.  Then heaven and earth are remade and that's all that we are told.
A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. - John Calvin

Offline gzusfreke

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-38
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »
Now a whole bunch of people have said "what about the transitional fossils, there aren't any". Of course there are. All fossils are transitional. But you guys don't want to hear that part. You want there to be missing links that, since they are missing, must not have ever existed. Just like most of you want there to have been a flood when there is no evidence whatsoever for such an event. So for most christians, evidence and verifiable theories are way too inconvenient to be considered real.

Why is you guys have so many version of christianity but only one version of dissing evolution. I thought you told me earlier in this thread that we all are " imperfect humans with different mental, emotional and spiritual capacities and perspectives ". And yet fundies all agree that evolution is a bunch of bunk and say so almost identical words. The sudden group cohesion makes no sense.

It must have been a real bitch for those transitional life forms that didn't get it right the first time.  Anything less than success = death or at best no procreation.

That blanket statement about "All fossils are transitional" is just pure BS.  Really?  You toss that around like it was a fact.  So I suppose those extinct species are going to evolve into something greater because they were transitional?  Dodos and Carrier Pigeons and Tasmanian Tigers are transitional?  Show me some PROOF!

As for the flood, there's more than enough evidence and if you knew as much as you think you do and claim to, you'd have no problem finding it.  Sedimentary layers, marine fossils at the tops of the highest mountains, and even the process of fossilization itself attest to a flood. 

Again, it takes more faith than I can muster to believe I'm here because of evolution, so I salute you for having more faith than I.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +749/-6
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:23 PM »
Any particular reason why the marine fossils on top of mountains don't have human fossils mixed in with them? Any reason why all those sedimentary layers aren't full of human remains? Any reason why little bunny fossils are never found in what we liars call the Pre-Cambrian layers? Any particular reason why fossils are always in predictable layers and predictable orders, if they were all caused by one year long rainfall? And again, where are all the fossilized humans? Methuselah should be in there somewhere...
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline gzusfreke

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-38
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:17 PM »
Any particular reason why the marine fossils on top of mountains don't have human fossils mixed in with them? Any reason why all those sedimentary layers aren't full of human remains? Any reason why little bunny fossils are never found in what we liars call the Pre-Cambrian layers? Any particular reason why fossils are always in predictable layers and predictable orders, if they were all caused by one year long rainfall? And again, where are all the fossilized humans? Methuselah should be in there somewhere...

I'm sure you have already heard Ken Ham's explanations, so I won't bore you.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »

I have and he is massively full of fecal matter - as is Kent Hovind. (It's amazing that the man who most resembles the missing link - Ham - is teaching creationism.)
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +749/-6
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »

They don't count. They contain no actual information.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2011, 11:24:20 PM »

Ken Ham. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahh stop it your killing me.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +749/-6
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
gzusfreke

Why is it that the marine fossils on top of mountains are only, and I mean ONLY, found in those areas where the geologists and plate tectonics people say there were once oceans out of which the mountains rose. They are never, and I mean NEVER, found on mountain tops in areas that the geologists say were not under water in the past.

Why is that. What are they found only in those places that atheistic geologists (and even unatheistic geologists) say they should be found, and never in those places where they shouldn't be found. How is that possible if it's a frickin' conspiracy.

Why would a world-wide flood leave marine fossils only in those locations that appear to have marine fossils on them for other, predictable reasons?

By the way, I have seen marine fossils on mountain tops. Unmistakably marine. In an area that, according to historical geologists, were once sea beds, out of which the mountains rose. They made the maps before I found the fossils. How is that possible?

I've been in mountain ranges that don't have marine fossils on top. None of them. Why not?

Edit:  Note: All you or any other theist have to do is go to the tops of mountains that science says will have no marine fossils and find some. That is all you have to do. How hard can that be. There are lots of them. Thousands. Good luck.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:34:58 PM by ParkingPlaces »

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
It must have been a real bitch for those transitional life forms that didn't get it right the first time.  Anything less than success = death or at best no procreation.

That blanket statement about "All fossils are transitional" is just pure BS.  Really?  You toss that around like it was a fact.  So I suppose those extinct species are going to evolve into something greater because they were transitional?  Dodos and Carrier Pigeons and Tasmanian Tigers are transitional?  Show me some PROOF!

As for the flood, there's more than enough evidence and if you knew as much as you think you do and claim to, you'd have no problem finding it.  Sedimentary layers, marine fossils at the tops of the highest mountains, and even the process of fossilization itself attest to a flood. 

Again, it takes more faith than I can muster to believe I'm here because of evolution, so I salute you for having more faith than I.

You've covered four topics alone in this post here.[1]

Transitional fossils.
Evolution, and survival of the fittest (which I'll kindly lump together.)
The mythical flood.
The fallacy of appeal to emotion.

Would you like to narrow this down, for a targeted reply?

1. Five, if you later count your special pleading appeal to Ken Ham.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »

I've not heard it.  kindly provide a linky-poo.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
Members,

Please note that Josiah and Gzuzfreke are the same member.  This was not an intentional or deceptive tactic, rather, it was a result of a new account created by the member after losing credentials to the old account.  The new account, Josiah, has been removed, and the member is only using the Gzuzfreke account.

WWGHA Moderation Team

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:20 AM »
Most importantly, stop practicing child abuse by teaching this stuff to your children - you don't own your kids, your job is to make them responsible, independent adults, not some unthinking clone like their parents.

So your idea of raising a child is to give it no guidance whatsoever?

changed the bolding for > Bolded: They said nothing about "no guidence whatsoever." How can you make them into responsible independent adults if they have no guidence?

Regarding "Child abuse" and "own your kids" - My Christian father would say from time to time when we did something he didn't like.

I brought you into this world, and By God, I will take you out of it.

Yup, feel the love.

Truth is... it's the other way around. Plate Tectonics Theory explains why there are marine fossils at the top of certain mountains but not others. Way back when, Tribal Shamans were asked the question of "why?" so they communed with the "gods" and figured the only possible way, according to thier own limited understanding, why that was. Plate Tectonics explains many more things, like Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis, Continental Drift, Mid-Alantic Ridge, Rift Valley, Death Valley, etc.

No, we cannot know where each and every single earthquake will happen. I have a program that is configured to show only earthquakes over 2.5[1] and there's about 20 a day. Sometime more, sometimes less. Just as we cannot predict where every earthquake will happen or when, we cannot know what the Dodo may have branched to. When you look at a Velociraptor, do you immediately think Ostrich or Blue Jay? How about both? The fact that you're making such a demand only shows to me, that you haven't an understanding what the Theory of Evolution is. We might be able to guess something but the only way for us to know would... first the Dodo not be extinct, and second humans or whatever they will be in a few million years would still need to be around.

Whatever humans become as we continue to evolve into the future, those that live next to water may adapt to resist pressures associated with diving, and those living in the mountains, thier bodies may become more efficient with the lower concentration of O2 in the atmosphere there. Just as some Homo-Rhodesiensis is a Transition to Homo-Sapiens, Homo-Sapiens will one day become a Transition to the next one(s). Transistions are like from infant, to todler, to child, to teenager then to adult. You don't go infant with an ever increasing proportion of adult to infant body parts, then to a full adult as those Crocoduck believers would have you believe. Evolution works the same way. After all an infant growing into an adult IS Evolution.
 1. next highest magnitude cut-off is 5.0, but I want to see everything over 4.3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:12:56 AM by TruthSeeker »

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »
those living in the mountains, thier bodies may become more efficient with the lower concentration of O2 in the atmosphere there.

I think you'll find this has happened already. There are many instances of people living in mountainous regions, Himalayers, Andes, etc that can breath air so thin normally that takes us low land plains dewllers months to acclimatise to.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »
Snipped for focus
Truth is... it's the other way around. Plate Tectonics Theory explains why there are marine fossils at the top of certain mountains but not others. Way back when, Tribal Shamans were asked the question of "why?" so they communed with the "gods" and figured the only possible way, according to thier own limited understanding, why that was. Plate Tectonics explains many more things, like Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis, Continental Drift, Mid-Alantic Ridge, Rift Valley, Death Valley, etc.

This is one of those ideas the creationists don't get: other branches of science support evolution as you point out here. Geology, organic chemistry, physics, etc. I know a few are beginning to understand which is why their war against science is expanding.

I've not heard it.  kindly provide a linky-poo.

Ken Hamm is the founder and one of the main Assholes in Genesis, er, um, Answers in Genesis people. Currently the president of them. They take Genesis literally and are at the forefront of those who are distorting or destroying science. Be warned – it is rather repulsive reading for rational people.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »

According to the Bible, satan currently is able to roam the earth as well as enter into the presence of God.  satan came before God in the book of Job, he was in the wilderness tempting Jesus, and Peter writes that satan roams the earth.

Many of those who interpret the Bible with a Dispensational view believe that the Rapture will occur at some point in the future and this will begin a literal 7-year period of tribulation.  At the end of the 7 years, Jesus will return and satan will be thrown into to the pit for 1,000 years and the earth will be under the rule of Jesus without satan being able to do any damage.  Jesus will set up a throne on earth and those believers who died before His 2nd Coming or those who were raptured alive will be with Him, but will be in a transformed body that is now impervious to disease, aging, or the curse of sin.  There will still be people on the earth who were not believers and they are still under the curse of sin with free will.  At the end of 1,000 years, satan is released and allowed to gather all that he can who will rebel against God.  This battle is over with one breath and satan is defeated.  He is then thrown into the Lake of Fire.  Then heaven and earth are remade and that's all that we are told.
And Master GZUZ was supposed to return in the lifespan of his immediate followers,NEVER happened 2000+ years and counting.  I am sure 2000+ years after you are dead and buried Christianity may be abolished or vanished from the face of the earth due to extinction of his followers(either abandoning it or followers die off) think about it if Jesus fails to return in the next 2000 years will he still have followers?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:55:00 AM by 12 Monkeys »
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +749/-6
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2011, 12:57:55 AM »
12, you asked a great question a month or so ago that I'm sure gzuz would love to chime in on. Why is satan invisible too. Why would he want to rely on faith. He could just show up, say hi, and father in followers by the score. So why does he stay hidden? Is he on a big ego trip too?

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:50 AM »
12, you asked a great question a month or so ago that I'm sure gzuz would love to chime in on. Why is satan invisible too. Why would he want to rely on faith. He could just show up, say hi, and father in followers by the score. So why does he stay hidden? Is he on a big ego trip too?
perhaps Satan of myth must stay hidden because he still works for God.........like he did with Job,fucking with God's followers?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2011, 01:03:22 AM »
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,19887.0.html

A link to that discussion if he cares to venture in.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/human-and-dino-fossils-together

This doesn't actually answer anything.  Even worse, it says the evidence doesn't matter.

So, ultimately, the debate is not about the evidence itself—where we find human fossils and dinosaur fossils....

As biblical creationists, we don’t require that human and dinosaur fossils be found in the same layers. Whether they are found or not, does not affect the biblical view of history.

Got that?  No matter what the evidence[1] says, it does not affect their view.   

What every creationist I have ever seen fails to understand is that theories are predictive and that is how they can be tested.  If their theory is correct, it predicts any animal or plant, living or extinct, including humans, should be found at any layer of strata.  But they are not.  And their excuse is "we just haven't found them yet and it doesn't matter anyway".   Shit heads.

1. or lack of it
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
But wait. The fact you're reading this says you still have a chance. In His mercy, God is giving you an opportunity right now to change your eternal itinerary. "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

Oh, friend, do it now ... before it's too late.

:police:
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
Always nice to see our old friend Pascal again isnt' it?
He's got a real wagering problem though.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline CutePuppy

• Unleashed Pet
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Beware Of Puppy
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
That blanket statement about "All fossils are transitional" is just pure BS.  Really?  You toss that around like it was a fact.

I'm not sure if all fossils are transitional (or whether transitional is an accurate term for it). However, you are making a very basic mistake:

So I suppose those extinct species are going to evolve into something greater because they were transitional?  Dodos and Carrier Pigeons and Tasmanian Tigers are transitional?  Show me some PROOF!

You're completely forgetting a very common thing in evolution: extinct species may have been part of the evolutionary process that allows for other species to exist before they've gone extinct. If you have children before you die, you are still a "link" even though you're dead; because your children are or have existed thanks to you.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »

yep, and Ken Ham shows his amazing ignorance and deceit as do you by trying to use the same pathetic stupidity.  It's always cute to see creationists depend on lies and willful ignorance to cling to their religion.  I'm sure you'll have your head handed to you long before I return on Tuesday and address any lingering issues about geology. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/