Author Topic: Just a short view of you 50 reasons why God is imagniary gave me this response:  (Read 3946 times)

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
Why don't people bash or talk about Islam, Hinduism, Krnsa or other beliefs? You grew up in a Christian society or your parents wanted you to believe the Bible and then you rejected it. Ok, good, keep going, stop bashing Christians and their beliefs and move on to higher thinking?

I like the Atheist who will admit that their is not enough empirical evidence to prove the existence of God. Big difference from believing and claiming there is no God.

I'd be happy to "bash" any god you can describe.

Most atheists here will agree with you that there is no proof of "no god."
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
I agree soooo many things are wrong with the way Christianity is taught today and there are contradictions in the Bible, but none of that disproves God's existence. One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that God does not exist.

This is nothing more than an argument from ignorant.  By your logic...

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Thor does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Zeus does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Apollo does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Allah does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Loki does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Chalchiuhtlatonal does not exist

Yet, I'm sure you believe in none of those gods.  Can you explain why it's logically different with yours'?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +171/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog

Someone who makes sense on here  :)

All those "proofs" are and can never be 100% factual proofs.

Atheist are more stubborn than evangelical Christians now.

I agree soooo many things are wrong with the way Christianity is taught today and there are contradictions in the Bible, but none of that disproves God's existence. One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that God does not exist.

Why don't people bash or talk about Islam, Hinduism, Krnsa or other beliefs? You grew up in a Christian society or your parents wanted you to believe the Bible and then you rejected it. Ok, good, keep going, stop bashing Christians and their beliefs and move on to higher thinking?

I like the Atheist who will admit that their is not enough empirical evidence to prove the existence of God. Big difference from believing and claiming there is no God.

James - you're new here.  And you're making very broad statements about atheists.  Perhaps you can give us some background on why you're here, and what you hope to accomplish by participating?

It's already been pointed out that having 100% factual proof for something is a fairly pointless endeavor.  However, if you really get down to the wire, it is not the atheists making this claim, it is the theists.  They are, and have always been 100% sure that there is a god.  They know this, they accept it, and they push it on anyone who challenges it.  I have had theists tell me that I need to have an open mind, yet when I ask them if they have any doubts about the god they believe in, they say no.

Christianity is the religion most members here are familiar with, or know intimately due to being former Christians.  If you dig, you will see that Islam, as well as some others have been thoroughly discussed.  WE just don't get too many Muslims.

As far as atheists being stubborn, that comes from them being tired of being treated like second class, or lower citizens in their own country.  Just like homosexuals, atheists are continuously trashed, and considered lower than rapists according to some surveys.  They are treated quite horribly in societies where Jesus is seen on every street corner, yelling at anyone who walks by and does;t say "Amen".

Oh, and by the way, all gods are imaginary - until you prove to me that any one of them is 100% factual.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...

What is that, ....the 13th sense  .....the ability to sense the illusory?
Of course it might just be the non-sense   ie. the non-ability to recognise baseless superstition for what it is.

We do not have to prove a damn thing, after all, it is not us making the extraordinary claim, it is you.
What a shame you are unable to offer the slightest evidence for your claim.

Technically ........actual proof of a god (any god) would be 100% proof

Oh fuck because we cannot give any credence to the obviously illusory .....we are stubborn?
Surely it takes an actual effort to maintain faith (otherwise it would not be a "virtue") in the overwhelming face of the reality that there is no evidence of any god. It is you who are stubbornly and closemindedly denying reality.

I agree soooo many things are wrong with the way Christianity is taught today

one true xian

and there are contradictions in the Bible,

QFFT

but none of that disproves God's existence.

.....who said it did?

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that God does not exist.

please answer Aaron123's question

This is nothing more than an argument from ignorant.  By your logic...

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Thor does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Zeus does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Apollo does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Allah does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Loki does not exist

One needs to know 100% about everything in this entire universe to come to the accurate conclusion that Chalchiuhtlatonal does not exist

Yet, I'm sure you believe in none of those gods.  Can you explain why it's logically different with yours'?

Ah the victim's tantrum tarantella   
tarantism meets theism 

the stamp of feet,
the petulant flounce
the ugly truth
of truth renounced

I like the Atheist who will admit that their is not enough empirical evidence to prove the existence of God. Big difference from believing and claiming there is no any God.
FIXED
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
It is believed that God's will is to save as many souls as possible.

Saved from what?

From himself!

Daddy sent Jebus to Earth for the singluar purpose to die so that Jebus can stand between me and Daddy, to defend me from Daddy, so I don't get tortured and burn for all eternity. All this, because Daddy loves Me!

&)

All because I had the gall, and defiance against God to excercise my Freewill and Choose to be born! Because of that, I deserve to burn in Hell for All Eternity, but thanks to Jebus defending me against Daddy, I get to spend all eternity with Daddy! YAY!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
It is believed that God's will is to save as many souls as possible. Sometimes a tragic accident might happen that would cause somebody to lose a limb or a child, etc. However, that situation might later lead them to either become saved or to be a better witness to others. Since it is in the spirit of the name of the site, there is a movie called soul surfer where a girls arm was bitten off by a shark, making her an amputee. Since then she has gained fame for being a professional surfer with only one arm, she used her fame to witness to hundreds or thousands of people. That is an example of "God works in mysterious ways." of course whether you buy it or not depends on your ability to be open minded.

Ahh the "open minded" defense, not like that we haven't seen that hundreds of times.

Do people lie? Do people hallucinate? Do people exagerate?

They do.

So there are numerous claims out there. Some are true and some are false. They crowd our minds, our conciousness, our libraries.

How do we determine the difference between true and false? Skepticism and evidence.

"Open minded" doesn't change this. As much as people want to laud the concept of "open minded," there are false ideas out there. When evidence is presented, I change my conceptualiztion of what is best, of what is right, and what is false. That is actual good open mindedness, not allowing all ideas to be considered equal, regardless of validity

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Wow, you go with creationist lies too?  How nice.  And you also don’t know your bible evidently since God is tested several times and even says to test him. 
Indeed, so you see our problem with the baseless claims of so many theists?  You can’t even provide any evidence *at all* to show your myths are in anyway valid.
No, we simply require evidence and do not put up with lies. 
AKA “I’m the only TrueChristiantm” with the usual inability to show how you have any more evidence for your nonsense than they do for theirs.  The lack of coherence in your magic book is certainly a reason to distrust anything it says.  Christians simply cherry pick the parts that they like and then claim that they somehow know this god everso well. And no, no one needs to know a 100% of the universe to know that the god described in the bible doesn’t exist.  This is the usual russell’s teapot nonsense.   
I’ll make it simple for you, just insert any god or any religion you like into any argument and you’ll get the same answers applied to those religions too.  And please do stop with the false claims about atheists.  It’s so sad to see a Christian sin so much.  Makes me believe that you don’t actually care about any god at all.

Moderator edit: fixed quoting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:15:36 AM by jetson »
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/