Author Topic: Life on Earth  (Read 2962 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Life on Earth
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
Sex has no intrinsic purpose or meaning, nor is it "unfortunate" that it's one of the few reproduction methods we have. Unless you have evidence that shows otherwise, I suggest you refrain from making baseless claims.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »
It is only unfortunate that it has to happen to make more humans.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
It is only unfortunate that it has to happen to make more humans.

Still a baseless claim. Support it or admit it's based on your own bias. Your choice.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
  • What is in the bottle? No it's water
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »
Errm...yes. That's what sexuality is. Heterosexuals are sexually attracted to the opposite sex. Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. Bisexuals/Pansexuals/Omnisexuals are attracted to both sexes. Asexuals are not attracted to either one.

Errm..sorry. I confused asexuals with autosexuals. Autosexuals are a branch of asexuals.

autosexual   
sexual orientation toward oneself; that is, preferring self-gratification over other forms of sexual activity. ]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=autosexual

Some asexuals who have a sex drive satisfy themselves only by masturbation; these can come under the title of autosexual. .

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/A4455263
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:43:14 AM by orpat »
Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Still a baseless claim. Support it or admit it's based on your own bias. Your choice.

Of course it is based on my own bias but it is unfortunate anyway because it is unclean. Also could be a waste of time for those who are trying to reproduce and cannot for some reason such as sperm is too lazy or uterus is inhospatable.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
Of course it is based on my own bias but it is unfortunate anyway because it is unclean.

Bad argument. Breathing is "unclean". Try another one.
I should add that my previous statement was flawed. It should say "make an argument or admit it's a baseless claim". We both know the only intellectually honest position would be the latter, but we also know you're gonna try the former ad nauseam.

Also could be a waste of time for those who are trying to reproduce and cannot for some reason such as sperm is too lazy or uterus is inhospatable.

Sex has no intrinsic purpose or meaning, so this is moot.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 07:14:48 AM »
Bad argument. Breathing is "unclean". Try another one.
I should add that my previous statement was flawed. It should say "make an argument or admit it's a baseless claim". We both know the only intellectually honest position would be the latter, but we also know you're gonna try the former ad nauseam.

I know breathing is unclean, but I was not talking about that. Sex is unclean too. The former ad nauseam is the truth, even if you misunderstand.

Sex has no intrinsic purpose or meaning, so this is moot.

The only meaning of it is to reproduce.
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
I know breathing is unclean, but I was not talking about that. Sex is unclean too. The former ad nauseam is the truth, even if you misunderstand.

If sex is unclean and breathing is unclean, why is the argument only valid against sex? Actually, if everything is unclean, why is the argument only valid against sex?

The only meaning of it is to reproduce.

That would be a purpose, but it's still not intrinsic. That's the purpose you ascribe to it.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 07:28:34 AM »
If sex is unclean and breathing is unclean, why is the argument only valid against sex? Actually, if everything is unclean, why is the argument only valid against sex?

Breathing and sex are both unclean, so the argument is valid against them, sex is one of the most disgusting things ever as human and similar bodies are disgusting, but there may be other things the argument is valid against, although I cannot think of any at this time. If everything is unclean, the argument should be valid for other things too.

That would be a purpose, but it's still not intrinsic. That's the purpose you ascribe to it.

What intrinsic purposes are there for sex? I cannot think of an intrinsic purpose for it, only the purpose of reproducing. Any other purposes would not make any sense to me.
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 07:32:17 AM »
Breathing and sex are both unclean, so the argument is valid against them, sex is one of the most disgusting things ever as human and similar bodies are disgusting, but there may be other things the argument is valid against, although I cannot think of any at this time. If everything is unclean, the argument should be valid for other things too.

Then why not get people to stop breathing and moving? Why do you want people to stop having sex?
Also, thanks for once again admitting that you were lying about thinking some people are beautiful and/or saying what you mean and/or being asexual and/or being a full-on misanthrope.

What intrinsic purposes are there for sex? I cannot think of an intrinsic purpose for it, only the purpose of reproducing. Any other purposes would not make any sense to me.

Sex has no intrinsic purpose or meaning. I said it a while ago.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:20 AM »
Then why not get people to stop breathing and moving? Why do you want people to stop having sex?
Also, thanks for once again admitting that you were lying about thinking some people are beautiful and/or saying what you mean and/or being asexual and/or being a full-on misanthrope.

They do not have to stop moving or breathing, they just have to stop breathing and moving near me or get better bodies. I was not lying, you still misunderstand that. Some people can be both beautiful and ugly. Not everyone is just one or the other.

Sex has no intrinsic purpose or meaning. I said it a while ago.

Yes you did say it a while ago, but what does that have to do with it being unclean?
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
They do not have to stop moving or breathing, they just have to stop breathing and moving near me or get better bodies.

All of which are impossible and show your unwillingness to accept anything that isn't like yourself. AKA: Discrimination.

I was not lying, you still misunderstand that. Some people can be both beautiful and ugly. Not everyone is just one or the other.

You still do not understand the meaning of words. Beautiful is the opposite of ugly. If you can't even understand that, it's no wonder you can't fucking understand swears.

Yes you did say it a while ago, but what does that have to do with it being unclean?

Nothing. It was for you to show one shred of intellectual honesty and admit that this claim:
re. Another would be to just have sex for what it is supposed to be used for, which is reproduction. It would be horrible but there is no other way to reproduce at this time.
is wrong. You did what is known as "shifting goalposts" instead, to make it seem as if you never said this.

Your intellectual honesty=0%, as far as I'm concerned.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
All of which are impossible and show your unwillingness to accept anything that isn't like yourself. AKA: Discrimination.

Just because I don't like something it does not mean I support everything against it, I just don't like that stuff, that is all.

You still do not understand the meaning of words. Beautiful is the opposite of ugly. If you can't even understand that, it's no wonder you can't fucking understand swears.

Actually I do understand the meaning of words, the true meaning. Of course the meaning of beauty is the opposite of ugly, it is you that did not understand what I typed. I do not understand swear words because they make no sense and that is the truth, I do not believe lies.

I always tolerate bad things because it is just not necessary to not tolerate them unless there literally crowding me.
-Thomas Szasz

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
Samuelxcs, due to your complete lack of anything important to say, humility, tolerance and intellectual honesty, I will no longer reply to you.
We choose our own gods.