Author Topic: Tebow  (Read 1019 times)

Offline desmodia

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
Tebow
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »
Does Tebow irritate anyone else as much as he irritates me? I find myself longing for the Broncos to be beaten into the astroturf just to see him go down...
"Ak..Ak..AK AK!" from the Martian emperor's speech to Congress, Mars Attacks

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
Re: Tebow
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Until Aaron Rodgers specifies his religious faith Tim Tebow's faith means nothing and is pointless,especially in the win column of the NFL. 
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +240/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:40:08 PM »
Does Tebow irritate anyone else as much as he irritates me? I find myself longing for the Broncos to be beaten into the astroturf just to see him go down...

He does a lot of charity work from what I hear, and he seems to inspire people to perform.  That being said, I'd like to see the Patriots rip off 50 points in the first half and hold the Broncos scoreless just to shut up all the idiots who think God has something to do with it.  It's not Tebow so much that bothers me.  It's the retards who think God is behind his winning close games against shit teams. 

Of course, being from New England, I'm a huge Pats fan.  So I'm a little bias anyway. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +795/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
His "success", odds-wise, is probably the equivalent of flipping heads six times in a row, something that can happen occasionally no matter how good a coin flipper you are. Plus Denver has a good enough defense to keep the other team's score low so tat Tebow's paltry output can at times be adequate.

At that level, it takes genuine talent to succeed in the long run. and Tebow's may actually have some talent behind his religios facade, but so far he's only been good about one quarter per game. and unless there really is a god, and he plays favorites, Tebow will go down soon.

I say this as a Seattle fan, which has never done me a bit of good.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »
I say this as a Seattle fan, which has never done me a bit of good.

:-[ I'm a Bills fan. The Bills had a good team until the injury bug bit them.

As a Bills fan I'd like to see the Pats destroy him. Never thought I'd say this but: Go Brady.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
As I was listening to sports talk radio tonight on my way to a gig, I had to laugh at the commenter.  I thought I had come upon a new religious station as the commenter compared the Pats vs Tebow game as a battle of good vs evil.  He proceeded to list off why Tebow (just Tebow) is the "good" guy and the Pats (I'm assuming the whole team) are the bad guys and that god will step in and help Tebow win over the Pats.  What had me laughing out loud was that the reason Tebow is the good guy is because I believe he's a virgin saving himself for marriage.  And of course Tom Brady is evil because he has messed around with multiple women and even has a child with a women who he never married.  The commenter also said that Belichick was evil because he too has slept around with multiple women.  I was stunned when it went to commercial and they said that it was a sports talk station. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline puffdaddy

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 04:08:58 AM »
Hey Dumb shits.  I mean that in the most loving big brother way I can think of.  I'll get right to it.  The name of this site is why won't god heal amputees?  Think of it for a minute.  Your throwing all your eggs in one basket due to the fact that you can't answer this one fucking question?  You can't contain 100 percent of what god's plan is so therefore you reject it?

I beg and plead with you little brother to read revelation.  Your headed for nothing but agony on the path your on.  Don't worry you don't have to turn in your dignity card or pride card or self made man card because lord knows you know exactly where you got it from so you shouldn't have to give it up.

We are here but a very short time and then it will be done.  Your status on this site will mean jack shit.  As I write this my blazing anger turns to love and true concern because what good would taking joy in "I told you so" do?

Please stop with the proof thing because you cannot even prove to me that you took a shit this morning so therefore you did not. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 07:24:29 AM »
If you look at Denver's schedule they have had a pretty easy run the last 6 games or so.  TheTower of Tebow will come crashing down soon enough.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
Hey Dumb shits.  I mean that in the most loving big brother way I can think of.  I'll get right to it.  The name of this site is why won't god heal amputees?  Think of it for a minute.  Your throwing all your eggs in one basket due to the fact that you can't answer this one fucking question?  You can't contain 100 percent of what god's plan is so therefore you reject it?

I beg and plead with you little brother to read revelation.  Your headed for nothing but agony on the path your on.  Don't worry you don't have to turn in your dignity card or pride card or self made man card because lord knows you know exactly where you got it from so you shouldn't have to give it up.

We are here but a very short time and then it will be done.  Your status on this site will mean jack s**t.  As I write this my blazing anger turns to love and true concern because what good would taking joy in "I told you so" do?

Please stop with the proof thing because you cannot even prove to me that you took a s**t this morning so therefore you did not.

puffdaddy,

This is called preaching, and it is against the forum rules.  Continue doing this and you will find yourself moderated.

Jetson

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »

We are here but a very short time and then it will be done.  Your status on this site will mean jack shit.  As I write this my blazing anger turns to love and true concern because what good would taking joy in "I told you so" do?

Please stop with the proof thing because you cannot even prove to me that you took a shit this morning so therefore you did not.
No.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 10:09:37 AM »

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

Hey I did take a sh*t this morning.  A good healthy one.  If it helps your blazing anger you are welcomed to it. ;)

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
T-bow is waaay too "Ra-ra" for me. He comes across as currently genuine, but his ass needs to pipe down and chill sometimes. He's way too pumped up all the damn time for me to be a fan. I'd take Vince Young over Tebow 9 outta 10 times still today. 15's 15 minutes as a successful starting QB will soon come to a conclusion.

BTW

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

Hey, completely imbecilic, credulous, moron that cannot get it through his thick skull why appeals to ignorance are useless. Yeah, you who places his trust in a book assembled by committee for political reasons of contradictory accounts of a magic man violating the laws of physics based on bronze age tales written down a half a dozen decades or more after the supposed events take place. I am talking to you, the person who waiting for an "I told you so" that roughly 100 generations before have waited for. Yeah, I'm talking to the person who apparently finds the quality of the statements "I took a shit this morning" and "There's a big invisible sky daddy that created the whole world, does magic, and is sitting in judgment of everything you do, so alter all your laws, your entire life behavior, persecute those that disbelieve in this sky daddy, and use your entire life in devotion to a book written by bronze age goat herders, but ignore the contents of every other book written by bronze age goat herders" require an equal amount of evidence.

But I mean that in most loving big brother way.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Tebow is nothing.  If you want to see a real miracle the Chiefs are ahead of Green Bay with 2 minutes left.  If they pull this one off then there might really be a God. ;)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »
Does Tebow irritate anyone else as much as he irritates me?

I find this helps a great deal

especially if you wear a kilt.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +795/-6
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »

We are here but a very short time and then it will be done.  Your status on this site will mean jack s**t.  As I write this my blazing anger turns to love and true concern because what good would taking joy in "I told you so" do?

Please stop with the proof thing because you cannot even prove to me that you took a s**t this morning so therefore you did not.

You're probably off-topic every time you say anything to anybody, but I can assure you I have a fuck of a lot more reasons to think there is no god than the amputee thing. But if I tried to put them all in one URL you'd have to spend all day typing the damned thing in.

There are some folks on this planet who disagree with you about something. Get over it.

Offline puffdaddy

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 03:14:42 AM »
You might be wrong.  You might be wrong.  Are you O.K. with it if you are wrong?  Could you accept it if you were wrong?  Answer carefully.  Do you know what lies ahead if you are wrong...unimaginable horror.  Better hope your right.  Just in case maybe you should look into a little more if maybe there's a chance you could be wrong.  Ask yourself what it would take to prove to you that Christ is in control...then ask to be showed the truth.  Trust me he WILL show you.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
puffdaddy, answer that question yourself about Zeus, and then imagine that the same "unimaginable horror" would await you if you did not believe. Because it does, if the Green pantheon of gods is real. Do you feel any more compelled to believe? Are fear tactics really working? Then you've finally realized why Pascal's Wager is BS.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:40:19 AM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:20 AM »
You might be wrong.

This is called Pascal's Wager, and it's one of the worst arguments for theism that there is.  Most of us here can refute it in our sleep, and trained theologians have regarded it as an embarrassment for some time now.  Its employment is generally a pretty good indication of a rank amateur, one who has given the matter relatively little consideration.  If you wish to be taken seriously in the future, you would be wise to set this argument aside.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 05:38:39 AM »
You might be wrong.  You might be wrong.  Are you O.K. with it if you are wrong?  Could you accept it if you were wrong?  Answer carefully.  Do you know what lies ahead if you are wrong...unimaginable horror.  Better hope your right.  Just in case maybe you should look into a little more if maybe there's a chance you could be wrong.  Ask yourself what it would take to prove to you that Christ is in control...then ask to be showed the truth.  Trust me he WILL show you.

You might be wrong. You might be wrong. Are you okay with it if you are wrong?

You could find yourself on your deathbed having wasted time living by an imaginary being's rules, you've wasted time going to church and worshipping something that does not exist and find that on your deathbed that everything you believed in was a lie.

You may find that your God is the true God of Islam. You'd be screwed just like the rest of us. There is no 'just in case' with this. There are a whole number of possible gods out there who you might by pissing off. I think our safest bet is to take what we can know and measure. If some deity is angry with us, well, how were we to know he/she was the one true god? Or the one of many true gods? We live in a world where no one faith has validity over the other but is mostly based on where you grew up and your family background. We have no means of figuring out the one true religion, if there is such a thing.

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »
Could you accept it if you were wrong?

Yes.

Answer carefully.

I did.

Ask yourself what it would take to prove to you that Christ is in control...then ask to be showed the truth.  Trust me he WILL show you.

Blah, Pascal's Wager. It's such shit. But you do know that there odds of you making it into heaven are only slightly more than mine, right? The bible has been hijacked so many times it's possible to know how god and how jesus wants to be worshiped. I mean, if heaven and hell are real odds are that you and I will both be rubbing elbows on the sandy beaches of a lake of fire drinking Long Islands and having a BBQ for all of eternity. I can say this with complete certainty (even considering I don't know you personally), that you good sir are not worshiping Jesus how he wants to be worshiped. For some reason I sincerely doubt that you are in the one denomination out of the 38000 christian denominations that exist that is the 'correct' one.

Nobody knows how jesus wants to be worshiped so nutballs keep on coming up with their own ways of how they think he wants to be worshiped. But in the end I believe that the 'real' way[1] has long been forgotten and will never be known.

How many times do christians claim

Trust me he WILL show you.

The Pentecostals believe this, as do the Lutherans, Catholics, some christian tribe in the middle of the amazon that is composed of 50 members, that dude who is worshiping a piece of stale bread, someone worshiping the ass end of a dog, etc. All those who believe that jesus is the lord all claim that 'he has shown himself'. If not, then they would have no reason for believing in him. Like you. But there are just far too many people that claim to be worshiping jesus that it's impossible to pick the 'right' way.

So, while i don't believe in him or his homicidal father, I'll go one step further and say that I'm just refusing to waste my entire life worshiping a god in a way that I think he wants to be worshiped just because it makes me 'feel good' in some hope that I am correct that my worship is the 'right way', and 37,999 denominations are wrong.

I'll just up the ante and say that while you believe jesus has shown himself too you, you belong to a denomination that has different views (whether significant or subtle) as to how jesus truly wants to be worshiped, and that one day (if you are right about hell), the two of us will be spending eternity together.

There can only be one way to worship this jesus dude if he exists somewhere in supernatural Disneyland. And I sincerly doubt you are following him that way. 

Oh yeah, and Pascal's Wager is a waste of time. I'd rather be sleeping in on a Sunday morning, curing a hangover, than wagoring that god might exist.

-M
 1. if there ever was such a way
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:47:20 AM by Emily »

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:15 AM »
Oh yeah, and Pascal's Wager is a waste of time. I'd rather be sleeping in on a Sunday morning, curing a hangover, than wagoring that god might exist.

Funny you should say that, it's nearly midday as I'm still in bed! :)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »
You might be wrong.  You might be wrong.  Are you O.K. with it if you are wrong?  Could you accept it if you were wrong?  Answer carefully.  Do you know what lies ahead if you are wrong...unimaginable horror.  Better hope your right.  Just in case maybe you should look into a little more if maybe there's a chance you could be wrong.
Christianity has a wide agreement that there is only one true church and all others are heretics and all members of that church are damned.  Jews and Moslems and Unitarians such as Isaac Newton note the worship of anything on the Earth or in the Earth is idolatry.  Thus the worship of a man is idolatry so all Christians are damned.

So "you should look into a little more if maybe there's a chance you could be wrong." "Do you know what lies ahead if you are wrong...unimaginable horror."

Ask yourself what it would take to prove to you that Christ is in control.
Okay, move a mountain, heal amputees, write his name on the moon.

..then ask to be showed the truth.  Trust me he WILL show you.
Trust you????  Who are you that I should trust you?

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +795/-6
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 10:38:57 AM »

If I'm wrong, it's because some idiot deity can't see fit to meet my standards of existence. If he's real he knows he's not meeting them. He's had half a century to straighten me out and hasn't done diddly about it.

Of course, if he is real, he's worse than just an idiot, and he could appear in person and not get a bit of respect out of me. That means he's been an a**hole for 6,000 years and I have little tolerance for such things. Well, none for incompetent deities. I can handle incompetent people up to a point, but deities who don't know their a** from a hole in the ground, not so much.

Obviously he is not real. I wouldn't talk about a real god like that. I'd be violating a commandment or two.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
My unimaginable horror is having to listen to such dribble.  If a God was going to inflict you with such a thing He had better give you more prof than blind faith.  What nonsense.  Will we ever evolve out of this kind of stupidity?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
You might be wrong.  You might be wrong.  Are you O.K. with it if you are wrong?

Yes.

Could you accept it if you were wrong?  Answer carefully.  Do you know what lies ahead if you are wrong...unimaginable horror.

Nothing could be more horrible than sitting in paradise while others suffer in hell.

Ask yourself what it would take to prove to you that Christ is in control...then ask to be showed the truth.  Trust me he WILL show you.

Okay, Puffdaddy, game on!

Here are My conditions:  It would take nothing less than "Christ" physically manifesting in My own home.  Absolutely nothing else will do, because I know all too well the power of the human mind to conjure up imaginary presences and make them seem real.  I demand physical evidence that I can see with My own eyes, hear with My own ears, touch with My own hands and record with My camcorder in the off chance that I *am* imagining it.

I'm also going to hold you to your "Trust me he WILL show you," as such vows are not to be taken lightly.   It is now 9:43 p.m. CDT on Sunday, April 22, 2012.  I give your supernatural buddy 24 hours to shit or get off the pot.  If he fails to show, may uncle Loki unconditionally format your hard drive and may Auntie Tiamat eat your car.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:46:40 PM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »

Pascal wager...see my sig.

2nd, Christ in control? Lets start off with all the children's hospitals closed for lack of business by the end of April. I will take notice; I will be far more receptive.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »
I think Christ may have been on my toast this morning, but I was so hungry I ate Him/it/?   Is that like going to communion?