Author Topic: Irrefutable proof that a god exists  (Read 10953 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Irrefutable proof that a god exists
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
Is there a formal name for that fallacy?

Argumentum ad verecundiam is the best I can come up with. In her time, the older you were, the more authority you had, regardless of how much you actually knew or did.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
Rickymooston gave me a Darwin for my post #196 in this thread for "having a good sense of humour and originality." I appreciate the Darwin very much, make no mistake about that. But I wasn't being funny with the post; I was making a genuine reply. She had asked how I would explain the personal info the medium knew about her. I finally had a reply which I posted.

If anything, I tend to take thing too literally. At times it gives me amusement which I do share. And other times it allows me to deconstruct things others accept as they are – to people's annoyance. I readily engage in humor but I normally am obvious about it – especially online where there is no body language to read (not that I'm good at that).
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
I was making a genuine reply.

I never said the reply wasn't  accurate.  It was a great reply

It also happens I found humour in it. Often the truth is more humorous than fiction.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2011, 10:32:01 PM »
I was making a genuine reply.

I never said the reply wasn't  accurate.  It was a great reply

It also happens I found humour in it. Often the truth is more humorous than fiction.

Thank you. I have also found great humor in reality that is better than fiction. I was somewhat concerned that it might have been mistaken as deliberate dry humor. Seeing it as unintended dry humor - I'm cool with that.

As for reality being funnier than fiction:
At a former workplace I would read people's horoscopes from the Onion. This one time I read them from a copy of the Onion a little over a week old. The young woman (who I knew wasn't real bright but hadn't been too much trouble before) is an Aquarius whose Onion horoscope said she would have a horrible weekend – one of their more vague statements. On Monday she demanded I never read the Onion horoscopes to them again since she had a terrible weekend – just like the week old Onion horoscope said!       :o
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 10:33:56 PM by Samothec »
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +76/-1
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2011, 01:15:34 AM »
I was never taught religion.  My parents did not go to church nor did they send me.  I went on my own when I was old enough although did not attend regularly.
It seems a little odd given your earlier comments about younger people not being raised right, that you now appear to be making a point that your own beliefs are not the result of your upbringing.

My own childhood was immersed in religious teaching. My dad was a minister, and sometimes my mom too, and when I was very young we lived in a religious community that was built by and around a fairly large evangelistic organization (A.A. Allen Ministries). Yet, while you found your own way into religion, apparently in contradiction to your upbringing, I did the opposite and found my own way out.

What, in your estimation, would constitute the proper upbringing that you spoke of earlier? Do you consider your own relatively non-religious upbringing to be an example of it? Do you consider my very religious upbringing to be an example of not being raised right?

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #208 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:42 AM »
kin:
you selfish bastards
She was indeed a christmas cracker. And about as funny.

I loved how her second post was to demand to know our ages. You could see how that was going to go... I'm older than you, so nyah, nyah... Is there a formal name for that fallacy?

It's another Argumentum ad Verecundiam.

Verecundia is a Latin word that English should have adopted but did not.  It means reverence in the presence of authority.

As subdivisions of that it would be Argumentum ad Senectutum for an appeal to (personal) old age as authority and in the 1960s we had the Argumentum ad Juventutum that young people are smarter than old people because the f&#* around a lot more and get drunk more often and therefore their authority has to be respected.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.

And to think I almost missed this.  It reminds me of the mail section in the FFRF newsletter where foul mouthed hateful Christians vent their spleens.  They do indeed make a lovely example, with their ignoring their own religion's admonishments.  One would think that they don't really believe in it at all, other than to make themselves feel superior. 

Joe, I'm sure it frightens you that not everyone agrees with you.  I'm sure it frightens you that your religion isn't all it claims to be and that other people know it better than you.  You are so scared that you lash out like a 3 year old, desperately hoping that your big imaginary friend will harm us for daring to disagree with you.  This fear makes you the classic sadistic Christian, who has to hope that all of the pain and suffering you wish on us comes true or it will invalidate your religion. 

I do not envy you the disappointment you are setting yourself up for.  Your "judgement day" is never coming.  It's just a story told by primitive people who had no power and who had fantasies of revenge.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jtk73

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-1
« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
I came on this chat to say one thing-I think all of you who do not believe in God are sick individuals and I feel so sorry for you.
You cannot prove he does not exist.  I cannot prove he does.  I believe in the afterlife.  I cannot prove there is one.  You cannot prove there is not.  I am happy with my beliefs and am not afraid to die.  I will find out if what I believe is true once I take my last breath.  You, on the other hand are secretly uneasy with the concept that there MAY, in fact, be a God, and you MAY, in fact, have to answer to him once you die. You, believing as you do, have no comfort in the fact that there is a God to pray to, or that there is an afterlife where your loved ones are waiting for you and where you will spend eternity.  I am looking forward to being there with my beloved husband who went before me.....if I am wrong, I am wrong but at least I have a more pleasant outlook toward death than you poor souls.  May God bless....even you.

Which god? There are a lot of them.  How do you know it is a "he" or has a gender at all? Does it have genitals? Why do you capitalize the "g" in god? So I should base my beliefs on things that comfort me and avoid things that make me uncomfortable?

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »

Which god? There are a lot of them.  How do you know it is a "he" or has a gender at all? Does it have genitals? Why do you capitalize the "g" in god? So I should base my beliefs on things that comfort me and avoid things that make me uncomfortable?

Well, according to the Bible, God has an ass, because  s/he showed it to Moses. But alas, an ass alone is not necessarily enough to determine gender, especially if we don't get to see it too. Perhaps we should all pray for a Revelation of Divine Ass, and see what happens?
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #212 on: December 27, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
Snipped for focus

Must ... not ... say ... naughty ... thoughts ... about ... god's ... genitals ...          :-X

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »
I don't know how old you are, but her being 67 , she was raised in a completely different way than today. I am not trying to make excuses for her. But some people are afraid of change. and closed minded. &)

It doesn't matter. Shes acting childish. She can be afraid of change all she wants to. The way she is carrying herself on this forum makes her look like a little cry baby.
What makes me look like a 'little cry baby'?  Because I believe in God?  I am not afraid of change but I will admit I do not particularly like it, since now a days it is not always for the better.  Close-minded-sometimes it pays to be.  Explain what I said that you consider to be me crying, PLEASE!

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:33 AM »
I was never taught religion.  My parents did not go to church nor did they send me.  I went on my own when I was old enough although did not attend regularly.
It seems a little odd given your earlier comments about younger people not being raised right, that you now appear to be making a point that your own beliefs are not the result of your upbringing.

My own childhood was immersed in religious teaching. My dad was a minister, and sometimes my mom too, and when I was very young we lived in a religious community that was built by and around a fairly large evangelistic organization (A.A. Allen Ministries). Yet, while you found your own way into religion, apparently in contradiction to your upbringing, I did the opposite and found my own way out.

What, in your estimation, would constitute the proper upbringing that you spoke of earlier? Do you consider your own relatively non-religious upbringing to be an example of it? Do you consider my very religious upbringing to be an example of not being raised right?
I was raised right.  My parents were good, God believing people who taught me manners, right from wrong, how to behave in public.  My mother was Catholic at one time from a Catholic background.  They never swore, did not drink, never divorced.  She did not work, he did.  Supper always on the table.  Home the way it should be.  I was a very lucky child.  God,religion does not always have to be in a building.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.

And to think I almost missed this.  It reminds me of the mail section in the FFRF newsletter where foul mouthed hateful Christians vent their spleens.  They do indeed make a lovely example, with their ignoring their own religion's admonishments.  One would think that they don't really believe in it at all, other than to make themselves feel superior. 

Joe, I'm sure it frightens you that not everyone agrees with you.  I'm sure it frightens you that your religion isn't all it claims to be and that other people know it better than you.  You are so scared that you lash out like a 3 year old, desperately hoping that your big imaginary friend will harm us for daring to disagree with you.  This fear makes you the classic sadistic Christian, who has to hope that all of the pain and suffering you wish on us comes true or it will invalidate your religion. 

I do not envy you the disappointment you are setting yourself up for.  Your "judgement day" is never coming.  It's just a story told by primitive people who had no power and who had fantasies of revenge.
You DO NOT know my religion better than I do.  Just what makes you think you do?  Do you have an inside track to the unknown?  What makes you smarter than anyone else on this planet? Have you been given the secrets of the universe?  Oh my goodness!  I am conversing with the ALL BEING..THE ALL KNOWING!  How could I ever be so lucky!  I never thought I would be so honored!
How on earth do you think you know anymore than I or anyone else for that matter?  Please,please tell me that!  Just tell me that!
I do not know how you can look at a flower, a sunset, the internal makeup of a human being to function, a human brain, a spiders web, a human creation and not realize there is a supreme being that is responsible for all of this.  Bacteria-give me a break.  Mosquitoes in heaven, come on.
You simply do not want to humble yourself to the fact  that there is an all being.
Someone mentioned the fact, when I brought up millions of people and thousands of years believing in God, that there were multiple Gods and multiple religions.  Yes, true but perhaps those multiple Gods were, in fact, only different names and faces for one God, the God.  Capitalize the word God?  He deserves it. 
We will all argue until we are blue in the face and never convince one another of our beliefs.
Something in my heart, perhaps women's intuition if you will, tells me I am right.  You may call it hope, I call it faith.  I am sorry you do not have it.  I believe you would feel better if you did.
It does make me wonder why you all feel you have to fight so strongly to get your beliefs across to other people though, if it is true, it is true.
 We will all find out soon enough, won't we?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:47:07 AM by Joe Blow »

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +291/-32
« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »
What makes me look like a 'little cry baby'?  Because I believe in God? ...

No.  For example...

User "Riley2112" believes in God.  But Riley2112 isn't childish.
User "OldChurchGuy" believes in God.  But OldChurchGuy isn't childish.
User "SimpleCaveman" believes in God.  But SimpleCaveman isn't childish.

What makes you childish is that you behave like a misbehaving child.  It has nothing to do with your beliefs.

I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
I was raised right.  My parents were good, God believing people who taught me manners, right from wrong, how to behave ......

Indeed.

.....you just want to start some shit.  Don't try and bring something else into the mix to get off of the original subject-it just makes you look like the fool you are.

...and...

...and...

You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.

Yep.  Good manners and "how to behave" there, for sure. 
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:51 AM »
What makes me look like a 'little cry baby'?  Because I believe in God? ...

No.  For example...

User "Riley2112" believes in God.  But Riley2112 isn't childish.
User "OldChurchGuy" believes in God.  But OldChurchGuy isn't childish.
User "SimpleCaveman" believes in God.  But SimpleCaveman isn't childish.

What makes you childish is that you behave like a misbehaving child.  It has nothing to do with your beliefs.
Quote me where?

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
I have to wonder if you  call me a 'cry baby' because I challenge your nonbelief in God.  I also have to laugh because name calling, as you all are doing, is very childish.

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »

Fortunately for Christians, when they die there will be no disappointment. There will be nothing.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »

Well, according to the Bible, God has an ass, because  s/he showed it to Moses. But alas, an ass alone is not necessarily enough to determine gender, especially if we don't get to see it too. Perhaps we should all pray for a Revelation of Divine Ass, and see what happens?

Even if god had not shown his ass to Moses we know that he had one in
order to be the ass hole that he was throughout the old testament.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
  • learn to laugh at yourself. I am.
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

Fortunately for Christians, when they die there will be no disappointment. There will be nothing.
I disagree with you , but you already know that. &)
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +40/-9
  • learn to laugh at yourself. I am.
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2011, 09:23:39 AM »

Even if god had not shown his ass to Moses we know that he had one in
order to be the ass hole that he was throughout the old testament.
That could have just been bad press. You know how the press exaggerates, for the sake of drama. 8)
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
I have to wonder if you  call me a 'cry baby' because I challenge your nonbelief in God.  I also have to laugh because name calling, as you all are doing, is very childish.

EXHIBIT 1
You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Joe, your arrogance is astounding! You presume to think we would feel better if we had your faith? What the Fuck makes you think we don't already feel better than you do?

And your intuition, your faith, seems to he nothing  more than a combination of indoctrination and wishful thinking to us. There is no evidence to suggest a creator god, no matter how badly you wish it so!

Yes, there is great wonder on this planet, and in this universe. Most of us are awestruck by its granduer, but even that doesnt lead us to position a god hypothesis. There is no need of one.

And no, humility has zero to do with our disbelief. Evidence, and lack thereof, is the reason we don't believe. Make no mistake, we don't choose to disbelieve, any more than you choose to disbelieve in the tooth fairy.

Get it through your obviously thick skull. We don't believe your god, or any god, actually exists. To presume we do is the height of arrogance.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »

I disagree with you , but you already know that. &)

You could be right Riley, I could be wrong. when Christians die, they could be disappointed.  &)

Offline Petey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »
Deja vu all over again.  Joe's responses are a mish-mash of every "argument" my mother has ever proposed.

"But but but...Pascal's Wager...but but but...grandpa (dying of cancer) looks so calm and peaceful when he prays...but but but...you really do believe in god, you're just rebelling...etc"

Every single one boils down to an appeal to emotion.  She has never given a reason for believing in a god.  But I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much.  It sounds like Joe and my mom are not far apart in age, had very similar upbringing and indoctrination, and share the same disdain for reality.  It's just a shame to see so much vitriol spewing from a person who might otherwise be a pleasant person.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg
He never pays attention, he always knows the answer, and he can never tell you how he knows. We can't keep thrashing him. He is a bad example to the other pupils. There's no educating a smart boy.
-– Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »
It does make me wonder why you all feel you have to fight so strongly to get your beliefs across to other people though

You really don't know why we're so concerned about other people's religious beliefs...?

[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »

Remember when you said this:

My infantile behaviour-----You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.

and

To me these kind of rants sound like something that would be screamed by someone on the playground after their little red ball was taken from them. If you weren't acting childish then you are too hot tempered and need to relax.

"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
You DO NOT know my religion better than I do.  Just what makes you think you do?  Do you have an inside track to the unknown?  What makes you smarter than anyone else on this planet? Have you been given the secrets of the universe?  Oh my goodness!  I am conversing with the ALL BEING..THE ALL KNOWING!  How could I ever be so lucky!  I never thought I would be so honored!
What makes me think I know your religion better than you? Oh your posts and your unbelievable ignorance and most especially your actions.  You attack anyone who is not like you like a spoiled brat. Others here have already pointed out the various bible verses you’ve ignored in your desperation to attack.  And I am quite a bit smarter than many on this planet.  I have a nicely high IQ, and before you take a fit and say that doesn’t’ matter, I’ll remind you that you constantly benefit from people smarter than you have demonstrated yourself to be.  Your food, your house, medicine, computers, are all from intelligent people.  And nice strawman arguments.  No, Joe, I don’t have to know the secrets of the universe to know more than you and I never claimed any such thing.  Someone who tries to claim that someone has said something they have not is lying.  Just to remind you, your god hates lying and liars, even if they think they are doing for him (Romans 3, you know). 
How on earth do you think you know anymore than I or anyone else for that matter?  Please,please tell me that!  Just tell me that!
It’s called education, dear and being able to hold a discussion without throwing a fit and calling people names and indulging in violent fantasies about magical beings.  One would think you were reading Harry Potter books, hoping that Harry will kill Voldemort or maybe it’s Peter Pan where you really hope clapping will save fairies.  I wonder, do you think those books are about real witchcraft or that you learn real spells playing Dungeons & Dragons? 
I do not know how you can look at a flower, a sunset, the internal makeup of a human being to function, a human brain, a spiders web, a human creation and not realize there is a supreme being that is responsible for all of this.  Bacteria-give me a break.  Mosquitoes in heaven, come on.
This has been addressed by my fellow forum members.  Your ignorance of any other religion shows amazingly well here.  All theists, be they Muslim, Hindu, etc, all claim the same thing, that one can see their god in flowers, a sunset, etc.  Well, Joe, it’s up to you to show me it’s your god, the one from the bible.  Can you do that, Joe?  And funny how we can also see in the world, anacephalic babies, worms in people’s eyes, etc Are they also “evidence” of your god too?  Humans need bacteria to live.  Your ignorance of science is just about on par with that of your religion.
You simply do not want to humble yourself to the fact  that there is an all being.
  No, you fail here too.  I could also say that you simply don’t want to humble yourself to Odin All-Father, or Zeus, or Allah, or Vishnu. It would mean just as much, and in case you don’t get that, it would mean nothing.  I find nothing to humble myself to.  Your god has no evidence it exists. There is no evidence of any resurrection, no Exodus, no creationism, no miracles, no magic flood, no dead walking the streets after some man/god was raised from the dead.  Just like every other god, you only have myths.  And even if your god was real, it’s a petty brat, almost as bad as you’ve shown yourself to be. I would not worship something that advocates genocide and harming people just for not believing in it. I’m a better person than your god has been described.  He can’t even come up to the bible’s own definition of love.     
Someone mentioned the fact, when I brought up millions of people and thousands of years believing in God, that there were multiple Gods and multiple religions.  Yes, true but perhaps those multiple Gods were, in fact, only different names and faces for one God, the God.  Capitalize the word God?  He deserves it.
  Here your ignorance of your own religion comes into play again.  Your god says no other gods are to be worshipped before him.  You remember, the commandments?  If your claim was to be considered true, one would have to wonder why your god is so stupid to say such a thing.
We will all argue until we are blue in the face and never convince one another of our beliefs.
  And again you fail.  People have become atheists from these discussions.  People have converted from Christianity to other religions.  Your claim is a lie.  Now, you may ignore us as you have, desperate to convince yourself that you and only you are right.  But that’s not being honestly interested in evidence, it would indicate that you only wanted to preach at us and not be countered on your baseless claims. 
Something in my heart, perhaps women's intuition if you will, tells me I am right.  You may call it hope, I call it faith.  I am sorry you do not have it.  I believe you would feel better if you did.
Golly, a woman’s intuition?  Funny since I have ovaries, I should have it too.  I was a Christian, and yep, I had faith too.  I prayed and prayed not to lose it.  Funny how I did and this god did nothing.  People believe in a lot of wrong things, Joe.  Believing doesn’t make them true, neither does your “heart” nor does wishful thinking.  Your god is as imaginary as any other god. 
It does make me wonder why you all feel you have to fight so strongly to get your beliefs across to other people though, if it is true, it is true.
 We will all find out soon enough, won't we?
Aw, more violent fantasies. What a good Christian you are!  Now, Joe, if you are right, why nothing to support your claims?  Why are there billions on this planet who don’t believe like you do and you have to waste billions of dollars trying to convert them, even trying to convert them from one Christian sect to another?  Gee, if it were really true, by your faulty reasoning, it should be obvious. But it’s not and you fail again.  Your god will not return and I’ll go along in my life happy and content, with no greed for an afterlife or fear that I didn’t get something right and will be damned.  You’ll be waiting at the altar so to speak, your supposed “bridegroom” having never have existed at all. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +789/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »

Quoting jesus, are we?

Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!