Author Topic: Irrefutable proof that a god exists  (Read 10116 times)

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-9
  • learn to laugh at yourself. I am.
Re: Irrefutable proof that a god exists
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
One could have the most polite, eloquent discussion about religion, where that person buys her coffee and dinner, and when she hears something she doesn't like she'll get all hostile, like she has here. She doesn't want to be questioned, but wants to questions us. She tells us we have small minds when she's proven to be very small - and closed-minded herself. She's got no intention on even trying to have a conversation with anyone. Such a shame. A 67 year old troll. Pathetic.
I don't know how old you are, but her being 67 , she was raised in a completely different way than today. I am not trying to make excuses for her. But some people are afraid of change. and closed minded. &)
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »
Oooh, I see Joe is sending someone a message. Who's going to be the lucky recipient?

I hope it's me. ;D
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »
Oooh, I see Joe is sending someone a message. Who's going to be the lucky recipient?

And is it going to be a message of peace and love?

It is probably to me, since she sent me one earlier, and I just replied. And the message I replied too wasn't that of peace and love.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-9
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »

how can you see someone is sending someone a message?????
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
I don't know how old you are, but her being 67 , she was raised in a completely different way than today. I am not trying to make excuses for her. But some people are afraid of change. and closed minded. &)

If she was raised to hate black people, and went into an African-American-themed forum, and began disparaging the black membership for bein black...would she deserve gentle treatment, on account of her upbringing?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

Just view who's online at the bottom of the homepage.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »

It doesn't matter. Shes acting childish. She can be afraid of change all she wants to. The way she is carrying herself on this forum makes her look like a little cry baby.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-9
« Reply #181 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »

If she was raised to hate black people, and went into an African-American-themed forum, and began disparaging the black membership for bein black...would she deserve gentle treatment, on account of her upbringing?
yea , you are right, I guess I am just an old softy.  :?
--Nikolai Lenin

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #182 on: December 26, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

It is probably to me, since she sent me one earlier, and I just replied. And the message I replied too wasn't that of peace and love.

Jealousy level is over 9000! DX
I wanted a message from the loving theist for once. I've never received one in my whole life. :'(
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
Riley:
I have powers, Riley, secret powers, the like of which mere mortals such as you can only dream...

Oh, damn, Emily spoilt it... yeah, just click on the link. It shows what each person currently on-line is doing. For example, against my name right now it says, Picking his nose and wondering whether to have another beer or switch to wine. Damn clever - I don't know how it does it.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:25:32 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #184 on: December 26, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »
I was demonstrating a point:

If I claim you are a pedophile, then it falls to me to demonstrate that you are.  I am responsible for the claim.  Until I do so, it's more reasonable to assume you are not one.

Similarly, if you claim there is a god, then it falls to you to demonstrate that there is one.  You are responsible for that claim.  Until you do so, it's more reasonable to assume that there is not one.

Now that I've connected the dots and coloured in the pictures, do you understand the concept I was presenting?

EDIT:  Someone who's 67 years old has no excuse for this kind of infantile behaviour.

My infantile behaviour-----You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.

Azdgari did go a bit far. I would have felt better about Azdgari's pedophile post if he had then added the portion quoted above rather than putting it in a later post.

However, your own behavior on your first day, in your first post and in your first sentence was a bit much also: "I came on this chat to say one thing-I think all of you who do not believe in God are sick individuals and I feel so sorry for you."

In spite of that, I endeavored to have a reasonable conversation with you but you chose to stop. You do make it difficult to talk with you.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »
Man, I pray that Ray is typing up one if his whiskey soaked rantings right now!
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-9
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
posted in error. But that is the way I roll. :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:05:05 PM by riley2112 »
--Nikolai Lenin

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
Azdgari did go a bit far. I would have felt better about Azdgari's pedophile post if he had then added the portion quoted above rather than putting it in a later post.

Was there something non-obvious about how I'd meant what I'd initially said?  What part would you have changed?  If I'd connected all the dots ahead of time, then:

1. I would have been treating JB like she was an infant.
2. She probably wouldn't have responded any differently, given the posting history we're looking at.

EDIT:  Riley, I think you messed up the last post up there ^^
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +113/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:25 PM »
PS Madbunny, I liked your teapot image, but two spelling mistakes in twelve words rather spoiled my enjoyment of it. Particularly when one of them was Russell's name. Yeah, yeah, I need to lighten up, I know...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/madbunny_2006/black-tea-pot-2.jpg

Fixed it for you.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »
I will find out if what I believe is true once I take my last breath.

Actually, I think the following scenario is vastly more likely:
  • At the moment of death, all the organs in your body -- Including your brain -- will cease to function.
  • Without a functioning brain to serve as a vehicle for your mind, you will completely lose your sense of awareness, including the knowledge of who you were and what you believed.  You won't even know you're dead.
  • Your body will be buried, cremated or otherwise disposed of, and in good time the most recent group of molecules that comprised your physical body will return to the ecosystem.  Some will probably become part of the physical structure of other living beings.
You, on the other hand are secretly uneasy with the concept that there MAY, in fact, be a God, and you MAY, in fact, have to answer to him once you die.

(Springy G reaches for Her cudgel of choice, the Clue-By-Four™ and swings...)

*BONK* 10-minute misconduct penalty for attempted mindreading.

I am looking forward to being there with my beloved husband who went before me.....if I am wrong, I am wrong but at least I have a more pleasant outlook toward death than you poor souls.

I am of the opinion that you will never see your beloved husband again, except in your imagination.  Please give serious thought to this possibility, rather than basing your remaining years on an unsubstantiated myth, so that you can mourn him properly.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-9
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »

Was there something non-obvious about how I'd meant what I'd initially said?  What part would you have changed?  If I'd connected all the dots ahead of time, then:

2. She probably wouldn't have responded any differently, given the posting history we're looking at.

EDIT:  Riley, I think you messed up the last post up there ^^
yep I did, sorry ,  :'(
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.

Again, I ask:

1) It is the day after christmas.  "Peace on Earth, and goodwill towards men".  Why do you fail to extend that goodwill?

2) Jesus said "Judge NOT, lest ye be judged".  Why do you disobey your lord and savior?

I thought Jesus was suppose to be about peace[1] and love.  Where's the love?  I'm not feeling it...  :angel:
 1. lets ignore that bit about a sword, shall we?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
PS Madbunny, I liked your teapot image, but two spelling mistakes in twelve words rather spoiled my enjoyment of it. Particularly when one of them was Russell's name. Yeah, yeah, I need to lighten up, I know...

Fixed it for you.
Aw, sweet, you've made an old grammar Nazi very happy.

Oh wait, was that your spelling I was whining about? If I'd known that, MadB, I'd have been more vicious kept quiet. 

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »
snipped for focus

While I know the argument, it didn't occur to me with the first post - which is why I was uncomfortable with it. I try to be direct (except when being playful) so I would have spelled it out - and possibly been accused of treating the person as an infant (or being condescending - as has happened). Both 1 & 2 are very valid points.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
you selfish bastards

I come on here and find that the perfect  kook cookie had presented itself as a xmas sweet, and there is not a crumb left.

Haven't you greedy[1] heard of rationality rationing. 

We are on this life raft together, adrift on a seethe of theist, and it is very uncivilised to finish off the meagre fare while some of us are sleeping.
 1. insert add hom
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:50:30 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #195 on: December 26, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.
We will have a table for you in the back of the lounge with Ghandi,mother Theresa and all the pedphile priests
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Joe Blow,
While offline I pondered the personal information the medium supposedly divined. I'm guessing that you have a land-line phone or cell phone with a calling plan. That means your number will come up on caller ID. Your area code gives them at least the state you called from and the whole number gives the medium your name, your husband's name, and your address. From that information a simple web search can provide a wealth of other personal information unless you have made a determined effort to not give out information including avoiding contests, verifying with every company that they don't sell/share your info, and other efforts some might consider paranoid.

The only way for you to verify to yourself that the medium didn't Google you and then feed your info back to you to deceive you is for you to Google yourself and do your best to find out what is available about you and your husband online. Be aware, there are information companies that scour the web to gather data then sell access to it. The medium could subscribe to such a service so a cursory online search for your own info might not be thorough enough. For you to be sure the medium is genuine you really need to make a diligent effort when Googling yourself.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +113/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »

Fixed it for you.
Aw, sweet, you've made an old grammar Nazi very happy.

Oh wait, was that your spelling I was whining about? If I'd known that, MadB, I'd have been more vicious kept quiet.

Well you know what they say.  No grammar Nazi's no grammar rockets.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
I was demonstrating a point:

Speaking on a logical plane, you are correct; i.e., you providing a logically valid counter example to his argument.  :)

However, he doesn't seem very bright and you seen to have turned the discussion into a personal attack fest.

If I claim you are a pedophile, then it falls to me to demonstrate that you are.  I am responsible for the claim.  Until I do so, it's more reasonable to assume you are not one.

I will however applaud you for at least explaining to the (not particularly bright) user why you made said comment.

Now that I've connected the dots and coloured in the pictures, do you understand the concept I was presenting?

The song "bang your head" is playing in my mind at the moment.

EDIT:  Someone who's 67 years old has no excuse for this kind of infantile behaviour.

Meh, people are what they are. Calling somebody a pedophile is still an asshole move.

His response with the standard beat your wife thing was equally assholy but you seem to have started it.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »
Ricky, can you please show me where I called her a pedophile?

EDIT:  And it was a personal-attack-fest long before I posted.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:57:08 PM by Azdgari »

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Joe Blow - do you have any irrefutable evidence that there is a god?
Do you have any that there is not?

Do you have any evidence that you are not a pedophile?

Is it as reasonable to call you one, as it is not to call you one, given the lack of evidence in either direction?

Is it true you no longer abuse your wife?

Hmmm ... Fine, strictly speaking you didn't tell him he was pedo bear. Still an asshole example to choose.

Sorry, I got to call China now.

I don't think I can reverse the smite using SMF. Will however applaud you later.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:00:28 PM by rickymooston »
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #201 on: December 26, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
Since I was not saying or implying that Joe Blow was a pedophile (in fact, my entire point rested on the idea and reasonable assumption that she was not one), I can't see the assholishness.  -1 for either not reading my post, or lying about it.

EDIT:  No, no, Ricky.  You meant it the first time.  Don't applaud me.  And I won't applaud you.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2011, 09:03:19 PM »
kin:
you selfish bastards
She was indeed a christmas cracker. And about as funny.

I loved how her second post was to demand to know our ages. You could see how that was going to go... I'm older than you, so nyah, nyah... Is there a formal name for that fallacy?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:10:55 PM by Gnu Ordure »