Author Topic: Irrefutable proof that a god exists  (Read 8422 times)

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Irrefutable proof that a god exists
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
Probably pretty easy to bore you, small minds are like that.

Joe Blow - do you have any irrefutable evidence that there is a god?

Do you have any that there is not?

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-8
  • learn to laugh at yourself. I am.
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »
He died June 29,2003 on the operating table at age 60.  We thought he had the flu.  Same thing that got John Ritter.  Completely unexpected.   
I would think that it was emotionally painful for you , something that would take awhile to over come., losing ones spouse can be hard on any one. How long after you loss did you see the medium?
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
Oh ho Lucifer-I see you are dancing around everything I said about what the medium told me.

I'm a writer and my readers have been waiting for almost a full week for a new chapter. My time does not allow it.

Making you a little uncomfortable?  It does not fit in with your belief that we become nothing when we die does it.

It is irrelevant. I do not know you well enough nor do I know exactly how the conversation went to judge.

You would rather argue about what you think I should be doing in regard to my love of God and the Bible and everything that goes along with it.

Non-sequitur. Even IF there was an afterlife, there are nearly as many afterlives as there are religions. Your assumption that it's specifically the one you were most exposed to is pure arrogance.
Also, for someone who claims to love the Bible, you'd think that you'd also live by it. Or is this the kind of "love" a cheating man/woman shows his partner?

Can't explain it can you. ;)

Not without more information. I can only provide possible explanations. You have given us nothing.

Dodging and completely ignores the burden of proof.
Do you have any evidence that I am not YHWH? Does that mean that I am YHWH?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:15:43 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »
He died June 29,2003 on the operating table at age 60.  We thought he had the flu.  Same thing that got John Ritter.  Completely unexpected.   
I would think that it was emotionally painful for you , something that would take awhile to over come., losing ones spouse can be hard on any one. How long after you loss did you see the medium?

I did not see her, I spoke with her over the phone.  He died in June and I spoke with her in January.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »

Do you have any evidence that you are not a pedophile?

Is it as reasonable to call you one, as it is not to call you one, given the lack of evidence in either direction?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2011, 05:22:49 PM »
Oh ho Lucifer-I see you are dancing around everything I said about what the medium told me.

I'm a writer and my readers have been waiting for almost a full week for a new chapter. My time does not allow it.

Oh-I wish I knew who you really were.  I would hate to think one of my favorite authors hated God.  I would have to give up reading their books. 

Making you a little uncomfortable?  It does not fit in with your belief that we become nothing when we die does it.

'It is irrelevant. I do not know you well enough nor do I know exactly how the conversation went to judge.

You would rather argue about what you think I should be doing in regard to my love of God and the Bible and everything that goes along with it.

Non-sequitur. Even IF there was an afterlife, there are nearly as many afterlives as there are religions. Your assumption that it's specifically the one you were most exposed to is pure arrogance.
Also, for someone who claims to love the Bible, you'd think that you'd also live by it. Or is this the kind of "love" a cheating man/woman shows his partner?

Can't explain it can you. ;)

Not without more information. I can only provide possible explanations. You have given us nothing.

Dodging and completely ignores the burden of proof.
Do you have any evidence that I am not YHWH? Does that mean that I am YHWH?

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

Do you have any evidence that you are not a pedophile?

Is it as reasonable to call you one, as it is not to call you one, given the lack of evidence in either direction?

Is it true you no longer abuse your wife?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
What wife?

"Have you stopped beating your wife" smuggles in a premise (that you used to do so).  My question does not.

Now, is it fair to say that you are a pedophile, considering you've offered no evidence for not being one?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-8
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »

I did not see her, I spoke with her over the phone.  He died in June and I spoke with her in January.
That would make me believe that you would still grieving for your husband. Please understand that I have felt the pain of losing a loved one. At first you refuse to believe it , then you get angry about it , then it sets in that they are gone. For a long time after I would , from time to time get the feeling that she was there, with me, the way the wind blew, the way the clouds seem to follow me, the feeling I felt from time to time. It seemed that every where I looked or every thing that I heard came from her. After awhile I came to the realization that I felt that way because that is what I wanted to believe. I wanted to believe that she was still with me, and she was ,in my heart , in my mind, But not here on earth with me. She was just the memory of the love we shared. I can understand why you believe what you believe. But it may be of help to you if you start looking for something that can be a little more substance in real evidence than just a feeling. Feeling are sometimes all you have to go on. But expecting someone else to believe in something that can not be shown as fact or even possible is unrealistic. You know I am speaking truth. I am afraid this cite is not about feeling but about evidence, facts, things that can be proven. But we both know that is not all there is to life, Don't we?

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.
 (Albert Schweitzer)
Most people think they know what they know. The problem starts by not knowing what you don't know. You know?  (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)   (Albert Einstein)One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour.
--Nikolai Lenin

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
Oh-I wish I knew who you really were.  I would hate to think one of my favorite authors hated God.  I would have to give up reading their books.

Unless you read fan fictions, you won't have a problem with that. ;)
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
What wife?

"Have you stopped beating your wife" smuggles in a premise (that you used to do so).  My question does not.

Now, is it fair to say that you are a pedophile, considering you've offered no evidence for not being one?

You just cannot handle it when questions about God are thrown back at you all can you?  You think it is so cute and you are so smug when you throw out "Can you prove there is a God?" but when I toss the same thing back at you you come up with something completely irrelevant because you cannot come up with a good answer.  What the hell do pedophiles have to do with the conversation here?  You are the one who came up with the original question to begin with and I do not believe you were part of the original conversation anyway, you just want to start some shit.  Don't try and bring something else into the mix to get off of the original subject-it just makes you look like the fool you are.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »
It's rather astonishing how often this comes up.

Edit: replaced with a non-hotlinked image.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:27:11 PM by MadBunny »
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Joe Blow, I just think you missed the point completely. Keep swinging for the fences and you'll get there eventually.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
I was demonstrating a point:

If I claim you are a pedophile, then it falls to me to demonstrate that you are.  I am responsible for the claim.  Until I do so, it's more reasonable to assume you are not one.

Similarly, if you claim there is a god, then it falls to you to demonstrate that there is one.  You are responsible for that claim.  Until you do so, it's more reasonable to assume that there is not one.

Now that I've connected the dots and coloured in the pictures, do you understand the concept I was presenting?

EDIT:  Someone who's 67 years old has no excuse for this kind of infantile behaviour.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2011, 05:51:15 PM »
I was demonstrating a point:

If I claim you are a pedophile, then it falls to me to demonstrate that you are.  I am responsible for the claim.  Until I do so, it's more reasonable to assume you are not one.

Similarly, if you claim there is a god, then it falls to you to demonstrate that there is one.  You are responsible for that claim.  Until you do so, it's more reasonable to assume that there is not one.

Now that I've connected the dots and coloured in the pictures, do you understand the concept I was presenting?

EDIT:  Someone who's 67 years old has no excuse for this kind of infantile behaviour.

My infantile behaviour-----You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
OMG-You all deserve one another!  You all live in your own little world and I wish to hell it was your own little planet!
You are a sick, sick bunch and may God have mercy on your souls.  I hope I am close by on judgement day when you step up and he kicks your asses all the way to hell...that laughter you hear will be mine and that voice yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" will be mine too.  Have a Hellish Life ya'll.

Quoting yet another beautiful liar for Jesus. 

Joe Blow, we don't believe in God, or did you not understand that when you registered?  You condemn us, and you are the one who is supposed to follow Jesus.  It is clear that you're unable to even remotely act like a good Christian.  Jesus is crying...

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
Joe:
You think it is so cute and you are so smug when you throw out "Can you prove there is a God?" but when I toss the same thing back at you you come up with something completely irrelevant because you cannot come up with a good answer.

The old wildebeest sadly surveyed another smoking ruin of a thread, shook his head slowly in despair, and started to amble away across the scorching savanah of the Kruger National Park. In the distance he could faintly hear the powerful rhythms of tribal dunning drumming...

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »
Yo Joe, no one is going to hold your hand on this forum. You've entered the lions den on your own. That is some awesome christian love right there - hoping to be close by on judgement day just to see how we get handled. You're acting like a little girl with a skinned knee. Grow up.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
My infantile behaviour-----You arrogant son of a bitch.  Get a life and get a God you pitiful excuse for a human being.

Thanks for this post, and the one before it.  I was hoping for a good, solid demonstration of the infantile behaviour I was talking about.

Are you sure you're 67 and not 14?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »

Thanks for this post, and the one before it.  I was hoping for a good, solid demonstration of the infantile behaviour I was talking about.

Are you sure you're 67 and not 14 6?

Fixed that for you. ;)
We choose our own gods.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-8
« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
I think you people should be a little more gentle on new toys. When you play this rough they seem like they break easily and then are gone. Would it not be more interesting to investigate a little longer as to why they believe what they believe. You already know how it is going to end up. So the fun part is how you get to the end , not how fast you get there. just saying. &)
--Nikolai Lenin

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
Riley, this one clearly isn't here to discuss anything with us.  (S)he made that clear from the first post, and amply demonstrated it with each subsequent one.

You might have more traction, since you're a Christian and therefore not considered to be the absolute scum of the Earth.  The rest of us were beneath contempt before we said a word.

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-8
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
Riley, this one clearly isn't here to discuss anything with us.  (S)he made that clear from the first post, and amply demonstrated it with each subsequent one.

You might have more traction, since you're a Christian and therefore not considered to be the absolute scum of the Earth.  The rest of us were beneath contempt before we said a word.
I don't considered you to be scum, hell I am starting to like you guys, at least I know where you guys stand on a subject and not only that , you can tell me why you feel that way, As funny as it may sound,I find that refreshing.
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2011, 06:00:35 PM »
Is it more arrogant to think you were made in the image of a  god, or evolved?

Is it more arrogant to believe the entirety of the cosmos was created just for you, or that we're but an insignificant spec within it?

Is it more arrogant to believe that you'll live forever, or that we  all have a limited lifetime?

No maam, it is you, and your kind, that are the arrogant ones.

That, and youre a close minded, non thinking, crotchity old coot.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
I don't considered you to be scum, hell I am starting to like you guys, at least I know where you guys stand on a subject and not only that , you can tell me why you feel that way, As funny as it may sound,I find that refreshing.

No, no, Riley, I didn't mean that you considered us to be scum!  I meant that Joe Blow did, and does.   ;)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
One could have the most polite, eloquent discussion about religion, where that person buys her coffee and dinner, and when she hears something she doesn't like she'll get all hostile, like she has here. She doesn't want to be questioned, but wants to questions us. She tells us we have small minds when she's proven to be very small - and closed-minded herself. She's got no intention on even trying to have a conversation with anyone. Such a shame. A 67 year old troll. Pathetic. 

Offline riley2112

• Graduate
  • Darwins +38/-8
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »

No, no, Riley, I didn't mean that you considered us to be scum!  I meant that Joe Blow did, and does.   ;)
;)
--Nikolai Lenin

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »
Oooh, I see Joe is sending someone a message. Who's going to be the lucky recipient?

And is it going to be a message of peace and love?

PS Madbunny, I liked your teapot image, but two spelling mistakes in twelve words rather spoiled my enjoyment of it. Particularly when one of them was Russell's name. Yeah, yeah, I need to lighten up, I know...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:07:50 PM by Gnu Ordure »