Author Topic: Irrefutable proof that a god exists  (Read 9460 times)

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: Irrefutable proof that a god exists
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
I came on this chat to say one thing-I think all of you who do not believe in God are sick individuals and I feel so sorry for you.
You cannot prove he does not exist.  I cannot prove he does.  I believe in the afterlife.  I cannot prove there is one.  You cannot prove there is not.  I am happy with my beliefs and am not afraid to die.  I will find out if what I believe is true once I take my last breath.  You, on the other hand are secretly uneasy with the concept that there MAY, in fact, be a God, and you MAY, in fact, have to answer to him once you die. You, believing as you do, have no comfort in the fact that there is a God to pray to, or that there is an afterlife where your loved ones are waiting for you and where you will spend eternity.  I am looking forward to being there with my beloved husband who went before me.....if I am wrong, I am wrong but at least I have a more pleasant outlook toward death than you poor souls.  May God bless....even you.

I considered making a more elaborate respond, but considering this is probably a drive-by, I decided it's not worth it.

In short: Pascal's Wager and threats of hell are really boring.  We've seen those things a million times before.  Come up with better materials.

EDIT:

One question-if you all have the balls to answer-how old are you?

Why does answering a question about age requires "balls"?  Does this mean females are unable/not required to answer?

You'll find that there's a wide range of age on this board.  Some are 18, some are in their 50s/60s.  Some, like me, are in their 30s.

What about you?  What's your age?  Does answering that question requires "balls" as well?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:30:06 PM by Aaron123 »
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »

I'll answer you if you can explain how it's relevant.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
snipped for focus
I believe in the afterlife.  I cannot prove there is one.  You cannot prove there is not.  I am happy with my beliefs and am not afraid to die.  I will find out if what I believe is true once I take my last breath.

I can prove that you as you are now won't be experiencing any afterlife. You are not the same person you were when you were 5 years old due to simply getting older. Any major injury also changed you – how you act or react in situations similar to what caused the injury. If you experienced any abuse – whether physical, mental or sexual – those experiences changed you. Going blind or deaf causes changes in you. As would having one's sight or hearing restored. If a major injury causes you no mental trauma but leaves you paraplegic or quadriplegic, that is yet another possible alteration to you. Now add up all those changes and you might begin to get close to the change death will make to you.

To assume that 'you' still exist after death as you are now shows that you have never really thought about death and the afterlife (assuming one exists) – you have blindly accepted what you've been told. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you demonstrate a significant lack of self-awareness and reason?
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2011, 02:33:23 PM »
How old are all-ALL- of you who responded, not just one of you?

I am 33, though I don't see why you ask.

How old are you? Are you trying to spark a conversation or something?

There is one member I know of who's 18. Shit, if only I thought like he does when I was 18.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:36:57 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »
27.  Now listen to the clanging of my steel balls. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:55:40 PM by rev45 »
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
There is one member I know of who's 18. Shit, if only I thought like he does when I was 18.

Is it me? =D
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

Question preceded by an attempt to make us think that not answering it would somehow make us "ball-less".
One problem with that: Nobody gives a shit.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
How old are all-ALL- of you who responded, not just one of you?

300,917,701 million light-miles old as of this minute.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »
Samthoe-What the?

Balls-Male or female-I know many females with balls and they need them in this day and age and I think it is awesome (get your minds out of the gutter).
Age-I am 67.  I think that the younger you are the less inclined you are to believe in God.  I believe it has something to do with the way you were raised.  The younger generation's parents have a different viewpoint on child rearing than my parent's generation.  As you get older I believe you may have a different viewpoint.
The lack of belief in God is one thing tearing this country apart.  Taking prayer out of school and making any reference to God almost a crime is helping put this country into the toilet.
I can hear you now pooh poohing me and saying I do not know what I am talking about but I have seen a lot of things in my 67 years and some of them are not pretty. 
I  believe in God and it is MY CHOICE.
I wonder how many on here will eventually leave after posting wholeheartedly against God and deciding he does exist after all.  You all will probably never know.  I wonder why you all feel you have  to be so vehement in your posts trying to convince others that he does not exist and the Bible is wrong.  If all of this is true it should not take much convincing.  But something tells me that millions and millions of people over thousands and thousands of years had some reason to believe.
I have seen evidence that the spirit does live on but there is no sense getting into it on here.  You all have closed minds and talking to you would be like talking to the wall.  I know what gives me comfort and that is all that is important.  Just seeing your avatars tells me  about some of you and explains  about your posts.
Thankyou for allowing me to voice myself.  I know this is way off your subject but I just found this site and thought it interesting and then it inflamed my anger.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
First you go all

I wonder how many on here will eventually leave after posting wholeheartedly against God and deciding he does exist after all.

but then you say

You all have closed minds and talking to you would be like talking to the wall.

Make up your goddamned mind!
We choose our own gods.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
Oh well let's nit-pick!  I am addressing the FEW that are reading this thread who seem to have closed minds..  I am assuming that the some of others of the hundreds/thousands of readers will be wise enough to come to their senses.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:17:07 PM by Joe Blow »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
Oh well let's nit-pick!

Either we're close-minded and will never agree with you because of it or we're not and will consider the evidence you present for your position. You can't have it both ways.
TL;DR version: Make up your goddamned mind.
Post scriptum: From personal experience, once most people reach ~50, they tend to be close-minded and project themselves a lot. Getting the hint? ;)
We choose our own gods.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »

Age-I am 67.  I think that the younger you are the less inclined you are to believe in God.  I believe it has something to do with the way you were raised.  The younger generation's parents have a different viewpoint on child rearing than my parent's generation.  As you get older I believe you may have a different viewpoint.
The lack of belief in God is one thing tearing this country apart.  Taking prayer out of school and making any reference to God almost a crime is helping put this country into the toilet.

As a corollary you seem to think that turning this country into a theocracy is the way to go?  Think about the countries with the most pervasive religious influence in them.  Notice how they've been tearing themselves apart for centuries?  (Shia/Sunni Catholic/Protestant.. all the same garbage)

Sorry to have to be the one to point this out to you but older people have been saying 'those darn kids don't know anything' for as long as written history.  That's the way it works.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
Question-Fallen angel-Lucifer-If you do not believe in God-where the hell did "Fallen Angel-Lucifer" come from????? That is STRAIGHT out of the Bible and from GOD!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 03:22:04 PM »
Question-Fallen angel-Lucifer-If you do not believe in God-where the hell did "Fallen Angel-Lucifer" come from????? That is STRAIGHT out of the Bible and from GOD!

Sorry, Joe, but Lucifer is not the fallen angel you so fear. "Lucifer" is a title used to refer to a king who wanted to be better than YHWH (the one who "fell"), a regular angel (who didn't rebel or anything like that) and Jesus himself.

However, even if we ignore all that, I can damn well use whatever names I like, regardless of my belief in the characters. I also go by "Alpha and Omega" (on MSN) and "Blaziken" (on some websites). All have one thing in common: They're fictional characters.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »
Tell me what was wrong with prayer in school, One Nation UNDER GOD in the pledge  and Nativity Scenes in the town square Do you agree it should all have been taken away?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
Tell me what was wrong with prayer in school,

Forces children into praying for something they might not even believe in.

One Nation UNDER GOD in the pledge

Completely ignores the fact that the USA was not founded on religious principles, violates the first amendment and ignores atheism.

and Nativity Scenes in the town square

Public space.

Do you agree it should all have been taken away?

Yup.
We choose our own gods.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »
I think you can all get the fuck out of my country....and all go back to your ancestral homelands :laugh:
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »
They would beleve in it if their parents had raised them right which goes right back to what I said is wrong with this country and what is wrong with you all and why you do not believe in God!   YOU ARE TOO DAMN YOUNG AND WERE NOT RAISED RIGHT!
I will pray for you even though you hate it and pray that God blesses your souls.  NOW GRIND THE TEETH THAT GOD GAVE YOU OVER THAT AND USE THE BRAIN THAT GOD GAVE YOU TO GET REALLY, REALLY PISSED OFF!  AND KISS THE ASS THAT GOD GAVE ME!

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »

Balls-Male or female-I know many females with balls and they need them in this day and age and I think it is awesome (get your minds out of the gutter).

I'd still like to know what "balls" have to do with anything, let alone a question about age.

I was rasied as a christian.  As a child, I believed in Jesus, god etc etc.  Now that I'm older, I don't believe anymore.  That tears apart your "younger you are the less inclined you are to believe" argument.

Baseless assertion.  Even if this was true somehow, it would say a lot more about your god than it does about anyone else.  (please, he needs a little ego-stroking to do stuff?)

I can hear you now pooh poohing me and saying I do not know what I am talking about but I have seen a lot of things in my 67 years and some of them are not pretty. 

You had to put that in capital letters?  I can't help but think you're a little insecure about the whole thing.

I wonder how many on here will eventually leave after posting wholeheartedly against God and deciding he does exist after all.  You all will probably never know.  I wonder why you all feel you have  to be so vehement in your posts trying to convince others that he does not exist and the Bible is wrong.  If all of this is true it should not take much convincing.  But something tells me that millions and millions of people over thousands and thousands of years had some reason to believe.

Millions and millions of people over thousands and thousands of years have believed in other gods.  Does that mean those gods existed as well?

I have seen evidence that the spirit does live on but there is no sense getting into it on here.  You all have closed minds and talking to you would be like talking to the wall.

So you claim we're closed mined, yet, you offer no evidence of your claims?  Ok, whatever.   :blank:

I know what gives me comfort and that is all that is important.

Saying "god gives me comfort" is no more the point that saying "alcohol gives me comfort".

Just seeing your avatars tells me  about some of you and explains  about your posts.  Thankyou for allowing me to voice myself.  I know this is way off your subject but I just found this site and thought it interesting and then it inflamed my anger.

Welcome.... I guess.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »
Age-I am 67.  I think that the younger you are the less inclined you are to believe in God.
I'm 63 and put it down to the excellent education system that does not allow children to believe things "Just because I said so." 
I believe it has something to do with the way you were raised.
So do I. If your parents told you gods exist, you are likely to believe them. Why else would the whole of India believe in Vishnu, Rama and the other gods? 
The younger generation's parents have a different viewpoint on child rearing than my parent's generation.  As you get older I believe you may have a different viewpoint.
I sincerely doubt it. You are stuck believing in gods, I am stuck not believing in them because no one pushed it down my throat and I question everything, even still.
The lack of belief in God is one thing tearing this country apart.
No, it is the one thing that makes it different from Iran or any other fundamentalist state. 
Taking prayer out of school and making any reference to God almost a crime is helping put this country into the toilet.
You don't think much, do you? What if the schools taught the full history of all gods, Roman, Nordic, Hindu, tribal, etc?
I can hear you now pooh poohing me and saying I do not know what I am talking about
And with much justification - your argument does not address any issues other than your own cultural bias.
but I have seen a lot of things in my 67 years and some of them are not pretty.
Then why did you not learn from those experiences? 
The abnegation of all responsibility for thinking.
I wonder how many on here will eventually leave after posting wholeheartedly against God and deciding he does exist after all.
Very few. Have a 3 months of not believing, see how it liberates you. 
I wonder why you all feel you have  to be so vehement in your posts trying to convince others that he does not exist and the Bible is wrong.  If all of this is true it should not take much convincing.
I do believe that people still think that walking under a ladder is bad luck - shouldn't someone tell them that is as superstitious as believing in gods? 
But something tells me that millions and millions of people over thousands and thousands of years had some reason to believe.
The poor (and ignorant) are always with us.
I have seen evidence that the spirit does live on but there is no sense getting into it on here.
That's true because all you did was attribute an event to the spirit living on - you never bothered thinking what the real reason was. You just thought, "Oh God did it!"   
You all have closed minds and talking to you would be like talking to the wall.
And you are really open minded and ask yourself 3 times a day, "Now what proof is there of God?" 
I know what gives me comfort and that is all that is important.
So, as you suffer it is because God decided you have sinned and is punishing you... Nothing to do with bacteria, viruses or genes? Floods and earthquakes are God's way of telling us to be good? 
Just seeing your avatars tells me  about some of you and explains  about your posts.
Sir or Madam, you are a mass of not thinking. You are the very denial of reason, you cling to believe "because I believe them" and for no other reason at all.

The worse thing is, you are probably allowed to vote and influence the lives of normal people.

I hope this has helped you resolve some of your questions and dilemmas.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:40:08 PM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Joe Blow

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »
Go back where-I was born in California and am as American as you can get!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
They would beleve in it if their parents had raised them right which goes right back to what I said is wrong with this country and what is wrong with you all and why you do not believe in God!   YOU ARE TOO DAMN YOUNG AND WERE NOT RAISED RIGHT!
I will pray for you even though you hate it and pray that God blesses your souls.  NOW GRIND THE TEETH THAT GOD GAVE YOU OVER THAT AND USE THE BRAIN THAT GOD GAVE YOU TO GET REALLY, REALLY PISSED OFF!  AND KISS THE ASS THAT GOD GAVE ME!
God will eventually,if not soon give you cancer or some other deadly disease.....then you can kiss his ass and ask why
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
What a fine, unique, and upstanding example of xtianity this one is! LOL!

Blithering fucking idiot.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Tell me what was wrong with prayer in school, One Nation UNDER GOD in the pledge  and Nativity Scenes in the town square Do you agree it should all have been taken away?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bellamy
About 64 years after it was written, in 1954, his work was changed to include 'under god'.

As for nativity scenes, like any artwork, I think the public should be able to view it.
As long as you don't mine me putting my own artwork right next to it.  Stop crying that your religion isn't allowed to dominate public works, pretending that you're being persecuted is an insult to people who actually are.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2011, 03:38:26 PM »
Tell me what was wrong with prayer in school

Violates the First Amendment.  Forces children to participate in a religious practice that they may not agree with.  Infringes on the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit.  Exclusionary of other people's religious beliefs.

One Nation UNDER GOD in the pledge

Violates the First Amendment.  Goes against the secular principles upon which this country was founded.  Was only inserted into the pledge in the mid-Fifties as a feel-good action against the "Red Menace".  Exclusionary of other people's religious beliefs.

and Nativity Scenes in the town square

Violates the First Amendment.  Uses my tax dollars to promote a religion I don't support.  Exclusionary of other people's religious beliefs.

Do you agree it should all have been taken away?

All that, and more.  Religion does not belong in government.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »

Now I know you're just trolling us.  If god exists, he's appalled at those that trolls in his name.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
notice I said ANCESTRAL

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
Interesting, which native tribe do you belong to?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”