Author Topic: Answering Lance's call  (Read 1864 times)

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Answering Lance's call
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »
Shortly after Lance demonstrated his moral character by suggesting that bad things happen to Anfauglir because he doesn't believe in Lance's God, Lance made this statement:

People people I am Lance. I hope we can have a meaningful and respectful discussion here about God. I apologize if i offended someone. I love you all and i am here to explain God's side - to make it fair if u will. Ask me anything and i will explain point blank. Cheers!

Therefore, I propose that his thread is to be used to ask Lance questions, so as not to defile the original intent of Anfauglir's post.  I will be the first to answer Lance's call to help explain "God's side".

1. How can we know that you are accurately conveying God's message, and not a false prophet?

2. Can someone who does not have faith come to have faith through prayer?

3. How does one gain knowledge of God and his "side"?

4. How does one know when they are truly blessed with the Holy Spirit, and have become part of "God's side"?

5. Does one need to have Faith in order for prayer to work?

6. Do consider your statement to Anfauglir to be part of "a meaningful and respectful discussion"?

I eagerly anticipate your answers.

May the blessings of the All-father Odin be with you.
-Kaz
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Answering Lance's call
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
thanks for the respons Kaziglu:

ok here's my answers:

1. I am in no way a prophet and don't ever believe anyone who claims to be a prophet since Jesus is the last hand of God on earth and he accomplished everything.

2. no. i will use my experience to answer this. I was an atheist before and for some reason i cannot agree with atheism because of it's rather ignorant doctrines and unexplained tenets. So I began to search for the truth. I started by simply praying for the truth. i don't pray to god i jus prayed to the god of truth. I went on and on like this and within days I began to have revelations about Jesus and the Bible. So i went and bought and Bible and started reading and that's how i got the faith. I don't believe in Religion. religion is man-made and prone for corruption. I jus beleive in jesus and use the bible as my temple.

3. first faith has to be instituted between u and god before the wisdom comes through the holy spirit.

4. by knowing God's way and understanding the bible completely without outside interpretation

5. yes. like i said Faith is basic of the rest

6. in a way yes, because i was trying to make him understand God's side without blaming God initially

ok thanks Kaziglu

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »
thanks for the respons Kaziglu:

You're welcome.

Quote from: Lance
ok here's my answers:

1. I am in no way a prophet and don't ever believe anyone who claims to be a prophet since Jesus is the last hand of God on earth and he accomplished everything.

Good to see you don't see yourself as a prophet. However, you didn't really answer the " How can we know that you are accurately conveying God's message" part of it. And your response begs the question, what is the "everything" that Jesus accomplished? Please provide historical examples.

Quote from: Lance
2. no. i will use my experience to answer this. I was an atheist before and for some reason i cannot agree with atheism because of it's rather ignorant doctrines and unexplained tenets.
From Dictionary.com:
ig·no·rant
adjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

doc·trine
noun
1.a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government: Catholic doctrines; the Monroe Doctrine.
2.something that is taught; teachings collectively: religious doctrine.
3.a body or system of teachings relating to a particular subject: the doctrine of the Catholic Church.

I really think you are using these terms pretty liberally, as I do not understand how any of the above definitions apply to Atheism. The examples for the word "doctrine" mention religion frequently, but not Atheism. Atheism doesn't "teach" anything. It is just a lack of believe in god(s). Also, Atheism is a direct result of being informed, which rules out ignorance.

So I began to search for the truth. I started by simply praying for the truth. i don't pray to god i jus prayed to the god of truth. I went on and on like this and within days I began to have revelations about Jesus and the Bible. So i went and bought and Bible and started reading and that's how i got the faith.

Ok, so you answered no to this question, but you, as an atheist(thereby having no faith in God), prayed for the truth, and within days began to have "revelations about Jesus and the Bible". Firstly, please explain what you mean by this, and secondly, this would mean that your prayer was "apparently" answered in spite of you having no faith. This is in direct violation of your answer to question 5. Therefore, though having no faith, your prayer was answered, and since you, according to your answer to question 5, must have in fact had faith prior to this prayer being answered, and most likely gained that faith after praying for the first few days. So, shouldn't the answer to this question, given your experience on which you base it,, be "Yes"?

I don't believe in Religion. religion is man-made and prone for corruption. I jus beleive in jesus and use the bible as my temple.

But the Bible is man made too, and full of errors, contradictions, lies, and foreskins.

3. first faith has to be instituted between u and god before the wisdom comes through the holy spirit.

how does this occur?

4. by knowing God's way and understanding the bible completely without outside interpretation
again, how does this occur?

5. yes. like i said Faith is basic of the rest

As I have pointed out, this is in direct opposition to what you actually stated in response to question 2.

6. in a way yes, because i was trying to make him understand God's side without blaming God initially

By telling him that any suffering that he or his family may endure is because of lack of faith? That's like saying that Hurricanes are God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuals. (Note: Unfortunately, its not really that tolerant. See Rick Santorum for details.)

Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
I was an atheist before and for some reason i cannot agree with atheism because of it's rather ignorant doctrines and unexplained tenets.

Though kaziglu bey mentioned that this was a fairly liberal statement, if you think it is true, please clarify. I've been an atheist for half a century and nobody yet has come to me with a list of doctrines or tenets. Since I doubt that they exist, it will be sort of hard for you to tell me why they are ignorant or unexplained, but hey, I could be wrong. Given that you think we atheists are wrong about the god thing, I'm pretty sure you think we're wrong about this. But the nice thing is that this isn't a bible/faith/belief thing, but rather something that you should be able to easily prove, or at least easily provide evidence for. Since we atheists don't take anything on faith or base anything on belief, our viewpoints are out in the open and you should find it easy to tell us exactly what our doctrines and tenets are, and why they ignorant or unexplained.

I am an atheist. I don't think there is a god. That is all there is to my atheism. If you are saying that one sentence is both a doctrine and a tenet, and that it is based in both ignorance and the unexplained, it should be fairly easy for you to tell us what you're talking about.

If it's simply the fact that we're not big on faith and stuff, then it is just an opinion. If you can demonstrate that we do in fact have said doctrines and tenets, that is another story.

Let me know what I think. Apparently I'm not clear on the subject.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
Why does God hate amputees?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
And men with crushed testicles? 

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
And men with crushed testicles?

I crushed both my testicles once (I am rather accident prone, i once also hit myself between the eyes with the claw end of a hammer (feel free to laugh): must be God hates me). Though God did not relieve the pain that resulted from the accompanying epididymitis, the intravenous Dilaudid sure did. Does that mean that Dilaudid is more powerful than God?

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
Hey Lance. Thanks for taking the questions. I would like to ask one please.

If Jesus/God does answer your prayers be it how ever serious they are and in fact answers many non life threatening prayers, is there a legitimate reason (as in not because it is not his will) you can give for Jesus/God not helping starving children in Africa with food to save their lives?

I ask only because this concept is one that racks my brain. It keeps me from taking any talk of God seriously. I need to understand this if it is even possible for me to. The bible says in plain terms that he will answer our prayers. We must believe and he will help them. I spent the better part of 18 years every Sunday in Catholic church praying for them to be helped. Thank you.

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »

Then you have nothing to say on the matter, because to us you are an "outside interpretation." Tell me, Lance... which translation of the Bible did you use?
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
people i'm answering 4 threads now with numerous questions. please bear with me and i will answer urs eventually thanks

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
people i'm answering 4 threads now with numerous questions. please bear with me and i will answer urs eventually thanks

Then you are spreading yourself too thin. You control your level of involvement here, and we all understand the nature of forum discussions as well as the unique nature of being a theist amongst us; as such your reply to this thread was a further waste of time that could have been better used to answer any one of the many questions already posed to you. If you can't handle being in 4 topics at once, then limit your posting on that basis... or pray for faster typing skills.
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
@ Kazigblu i think you have a problem with understanding. i answered every question you have and yet you have another same questions.

I said you cannot NO to you cannot have faith in prayer if you do NOT have faith. What i did was very simple first i had a desire for the truth, God see's this and gave me revelation, then (i haven't had faith yet) I went and bought the Bible and only then did i attain faith. I read the bible and the bible showed me the rest on how to achieve faith in God which i did.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »
i'm also making comments on Facebook. I'm a busy man u know. Hooyaah!!

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 06:43:41 AM »

Then you have nothing to say on the matter, because to us you are an "outside interpretation." Tell me, Lance... which translation of the Bible did you use?

Kind of curious about this question also.  For example, the Bible as defined by Martin Luther during the Protestant Reformation?  The Roman Catholic Bible (which is much older than Luther's)?  The Greek Orthodox Bible? 

Is it correct to conclude you are not a member of any church or group of like-minded believers?

I realize you are working on a lot of answers at once so am in no hurry for a thoughtful response. 

Ever curious,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline free

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • We didn't land on Mt Sinai, Mt Sinai landed on us!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 09:24:28 AM »

2. no. i will use my experience to answer this. I was an atheist before and for some reason i cannot agree with atheism because of it's rather ignorant doctrines and unexplained tenets. So I began to search for the truth. I started by simply praying for the truth.

Do you realize how foolish of a statement this is? This is an argument to be made the other way around!  'i cannot agree with [theism] because of it's rather ignorant doctrines.... [sic]" 

Unbelievable

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
@ Kazigblu i think you have a problem with understanding.

I disagree. I would say that after reading your post thoroughly several times to be sure of your wording and meaning, that I understand what you have said to the best extent possible. Any failure of mine to understand is not due to a fault of mine, but your inability to substantiate your claims or explain them in clear terms. A good answer, at least for me, is not going to beg any questions, as it will have sufficiently explained what is going on.

i answered every question you have and yet you have another same questions.

While you may have provided a response, that does not necessarily qualify as having answered my questions. For example, I still do not know how I am able to know that you are accurately conveying God's message. I think it is pretty important to know, since you are here to tell us "God's side", and we first need to establish that you qualified to deliver this message. I wouldn't want someone doing brain surgery on my son if they could not provide any credentials or authority for doing so. I understand that you are not a prophet, however this does not necessarily lend credibility to your specific understanding of God. If you were able to demonstrate that you were able to:   

Mk.16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Lk.10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

If you are capable of, and can demonstrate your capability to do so, then I am prepared to accept you as a True Believer. I get the feeling I might be waiting a while for this to happen. The incredibly awesome Steve Irwin once set out to catch Africa's deadliest snakes, and he did, without getting killed. Does that mean he was a true believer? One way to demonstrate this would be to follow in the Steve's footsteps, and go out into the African wilderness to catch the deadliest snakes on the continent. When you have caught, unaided, a boomslang, green mamba, black mamba, puff adder, twig snake, gaboon viper, carpet viper, African beaked snake, and Egyptian Cobra, without harm, could we then be assured that YOU are a true believer?

I said you cannot NO to you cannot have faith in prayer if you do NOT have faith. What i did was very simple first i had a desire for the truth, God see's this and gave me revelation, then (i haven't had faith yet)

Hold on a minute. You, as an Atheist without faith, prayed that the "truth" might be revealed to you. You then state that God gave you a revelation (thus, your prayers were indeed answered). However, your question to answer 5 is that prayers are not answered  unless one has faith. Therefore, at least one of the answers (question 2 or question 5) is wrong. They are mutually exclusive. You can't say that one has to have faith for prayer to work, and have a prayer answered in spite of a lack of faith. I'd say this presents a fairly big problem for you, especially as one who is to show us God's side. You cannot even demonstrate consistency in your belief about the conditions necessary for the efficacy of prayer. I don't think I'm misunderstanding anything here.

I went and bought the Bible and only then did i attain faith.

Again, then how was it that your prayer to be shown the "truth" was answered?

I read the bible and the bible showed me the rest on how to achieve faith in God which i did.

Have you moved a mountain with that faith, as Jesus clearly says, without strings attached, that you will be able to do? If not, then I cannot believe that you have even the faith of grain of a mustard seed. IF you did, anything would be possible to you, as promised in Matthew 17:20. Furthermore, since there is no record in the Bible of Jesus having moved a mountain, I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that Jesus himself was a little short on faith. Clearly, someone who would be capable of moving a mountain would also be capable to prevent himself from being crucified.

A more modern example of faith not working is when Rick Perry had the whole faithful state of Texas pray for rain when they were experiencing severe drought. Yet no rain came, and the drought and ensuing wildfires reached devastating levels hardly ever seen in Texas. What went wrong? Is Rick Perry (and all the other Texans who prayed for rain) not of the right denomination? Did they not have enough faith (i.e. that of a grain of a mustard seed)? Does God not like them, and so decided to punish them further with fire and parched land? Did God simply decide that he wanted to demonstrate Hell on Earth, and figure Texas was the perfect place to do it?

All I am asking is for the world to operate the way the Bible (and, by extension, you) says it should operate. It fails the test. When Pope John Paul II become seriously ill, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the 1.166 billion  Catholics worldwide(http://www.zenit.org/article-28425?l=english) prayed for his return to health and continued longevity. He died anyways. I also think that it is reasonable to assume that the collective faith of 1.166 billion people is greater than that of a grain of a mustard seed. How is it that the prayers of over a billion faithful were not answered, yet your prayer for truth as to the existence of a God as a faithless Atheist was answered?

I also have to wonder, when you prayed for the truth of the existence of God, how is it that, of all the possible gods, you landed on the Christian one?

While one might suggest that I am exploiting the fallacy "Argument by Question", I would offer that my follow up questions are there because they are begged to be there. If you don't want me asking follow up questions, then please offer more explanation as to how you arrive at your answers, so as not to leave yourself wide open. An argument should serve to solidify your case, and not bring your own claims into scrutiny. Make sure that those answers are consistent with one another (i.e question 2 and 5). Also, isn't it fair to suggest that the person asking the question is best able to determine if the question was actually meaningfully answered?

You seem loathe to admit that your answers to questions 2 and 5 are contradictory. Though the actual "Yes or no" answers are consistent, the explanation provided for reaching those conclusions (as presented by your example of how you attained faith) does NOT support the conclusions.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:48 AM »

Do you realize how foolish of a statement this is? This is an argument to be made the other way around!  'i cannot agree with [theism] because of it's rather ignorant doctrines.... [sic]" 

Unbelievable

Indeed. That was my thought when I read that. It's a complete reversal of logic and definitions of the terminology used.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
how do you explain that others claim that they have the holy spirit and they disagree with you?  How can we tell who the "real" Christians are?
my my, then you can read Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek? 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 02:43:59 PM »
my my, then you can read Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek?

That was the point I was aiming at with my response, but even the ability to read the original texts fails in this case as they were still written down by someone else... so short of God himself speaking the whole of the bible in his ear, there can be no such thing as "without outside interpretation." If God did this for him, then he can do it for everyone, and everyone's bibles should line up without error. But we know this isn't the case since he had to go BUY a bible... God didn't even provide him with a copy free of charge... even crack dealers give away the first hit.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:46:43 PM by Xero-Kill »

~Tyler Durden

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
Could the Christians that have a telephone line to their god please ask him to pull a 10 commandments moment and just give us a Bible without the mistranslations, typos, and other misinformation?  Just reach down from heaven and write down what it is he wants us to know or do. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
@ Kaziglu at first i don't have faith in teh Bible god so i prayed to the god of truth only. this is where i got linked up to the bible God because in a way he is the truth so he knows i desire to know the truth thus connecting with me through his own revelation where i ended up buying a bible and from there i started harnessing my faith.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
@ Kaziglu at first i don't have faith in teh Bible god so i prayed to the god of truth only. this is where i got linked up to the bible God because in a way he is the truth so he knows i desire to know the truth thus connecting with me through his own revelation where i ended up buying a bible and from there i started harnessing my faith.

This response reeks of someone who is trying to talk their way out of a trap. You are attempting to state that since you prayed to "The God of Truth" but it was Biblegod that answered your prayer, Biblegod didn't really answer your prayer, because it was not directed at him, even though according to you "in a way he is the truth". If Biblegod is in fact the truth, then aren't all prayer offered to the god of truth offered to Biblegod, including prayers of faithless atheists such as your former self? It really just sounds like you are trying to create a loop-hole for yourself. Regardless of whether you prayed to the god of truth or not, your prayer WAS answered, which, according to you, does not happen to people who pray without faith. You are really trying to have it both ways.

Offline free

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • We didn't land on Mt Sinai, Mt Sinai landed on us!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »

Please add punctuation to this, I would like to respond but can't follow this train of thought.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

Please add punctuation to this, I would like to respond but can't follow this train of thought.

Believe me. It won't sound any smarter if he does.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
@ you all! before you read my posts can u at least read it before judging me as "reeks" and whtanots. no wonder you people will  know anythign because you're quick to judgement than understanding - typical atheist i might add.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
Lance, what other non-Yap languages do you speak?

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
@ you all! before you read my posts can u at least read it before judging me as "reeks" and whtanots. no wonder you people will  know anythign because you're quick to judgement than understanding - typical atheist i might add.

Quick to judgement? You've had 120 posts so far to say something intelligent. As it stands you haven't even managed a completely coherent sentence. Nor can you even properly punctuate one.

You can't answer simple questions. You lie repeatedly. You've dodged a rather large pile of posts. You're trying to talk about a religion you know absolutely nothing about (which you already demonstrated forus). You constantly contradict yourself, shall I go on?

I don't need to read your posts to know it's going to stupid. You've left over 120 posts behind you as evidence to support that as a valid conclusion. Anytime you want to actually say something intelligent and try to have a meaningful conversation be my guest. Given your established pattern, it's fairly safe to say it'll never happen, but I always leave room for me to be surprised.

Edit:Oh yes, and that's also another ad hominem that you've made as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:04:32 PM by Alzael »
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »

Understanding you is difficult when you contradict yourself, as Alzael has pointed out. You are making assertions and failing to back them up, you don't seem to know or care when you make nonsensical statements.

Many of the atheists here (including me) used to be believers: we pondered our faith while we had it, while we were losing it and kept doing so once we lost it and were looking at it from the outside. Most of the theists who post here (including you) do not give the impression of having really thought much about their beliefs. You seem to be just stringing together chosen bits of sermons, apologetics and your holy book and presenting it to us as if it were some Ultimate Truth.

But theology is a level playing field from an atheist perspective: all religious belief is equally invalid unless a given believer can actually provide evidence for that belief. So far, no one-- including you-- has done so.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »
HEY AMbassador you know something. Yap-language. LOL! good one.

@ Alzeal Theology is dangerous field to take to know God. We shouldn't approach God like some scientific subject because it's not. God is the truth and truth is the source and there is no way you take consequential matters and use it against God because it woudl lead u astray. You have to approach God with nothing but the TRUTH inside of you.