Author Topic: thanks [#2625]  (Read 6116 times)

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
Re: thanks [#2625]
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly. God bless yall and thanks for letting me be a part of your forum and website.

Yup...

Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
LOL!

He came, he preached, he left. So what else is new?
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »
anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly. God bless yall and thanks for letting me be a part of your forum and website.
With all due respect, you didn't preach particularly well and your explanations were lacking.  Furthermore, your efforts resulted only in the people here being more convinced that Christians are wrong.  If your preaching results in the opposite effect, who's fault is it?

If you want to convince people that you know what you're talking about, you have to prove it, not just quote random Bible verses at them and expect them to gratefully thank you for it.  That's what most Christians (indeed, most religious people) simply don't get anymore, if they ever did.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »

sweet! One more Christian who has failed and one more bit of evidence that God is either incompetent with his picking these idiots to represent him or simply imaginary. 

and I do wonder what Rob thinks about his god really blessing us.  Since  my life is pretty nice, his god must like me bunches.  But I suspect that all Rob means is that he hopes his god will make us believe that Rob is "right". 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
This thread was a riot. My face literally hurts, I've been grinning so much.  ;D
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »

You're lucky most of you only had to put up with this guy for eight years (I still remember how much better it was with Ann Richards in charge).
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.