Author Topic: thanks [#2625]  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: thanks [#2625]
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »
i am most definitely brainwashed by the word of God. that is exactly how i would describe it.

Paydirt! This one is mine!
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »
Rob, my guess is that you would say that anything God does is just. After all, you think he is justified in murdering children whenever he has a temper tantrum, because they are under a "curse" that they could not help to begin with. You are blindly following an imaginary tyrant because it feels good to you; because it is convenient. In short, you are an ignoramus.

You don't even seem to understand the concept of omnipotence, based on your previous statements. You did not answer my concerns regarding Adam and Eve, the Flood, the Exodus and the Resurrection (just to name a few) being improbable and illogical.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
no we are no longer bound by the 10 commandments according to the new covenant.
Rob, let me put you straight spiritually

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Which is summed up in:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

and of the Commandments:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. Joh:13:34
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Joh:13:35:

You see Jesus gave us another one, He did not abolish the other 10 (or 613 if you are really serious) Commandments

To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click “I agree.” Rob, you have just clicked the button and nothing else.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
A couple people here have admitted they were in the drug scene but they left it and don't talk like it anymore.

I am completely proud that rob is no longer in that scene. That scene is no way to live life. It's embarrassing, unhealthy and unsafe. But one thing I am not proud of is that people who leave that scene turn to god and then think god is the one who saved them. I deeply believe that the only reason a druggy leaves that scene is because of their own choice to leave that scene. Sure, there can be court orders to at least get someone away from it but that person can disobey those orders and use again, and face the consequences. Or, if in rehab they can just walk out the door and go back to the streets. The main reason that person quit using drugs, I believe, is through their own conscious efforts made by themselves and no one else. Person can persuade a druggy away from the drug but in the end it's that persons choice not to go back to it.

Not gods choice. People who use god are only finding a feel good story that they never had while on the drug. It's just getting brainwashed into believing there is a savior who saved them, when first there are thousands of stories of former druggies who made their lifestyle change themselves without the need of divine intervention, and second all they are doing is going from one dependency to another.

I've been to counseling for drugs and one thing I was told is once in recovery, always in recovery. And it's true. Rob, you can walk away from church and god today and I guarantee you you wont go back to your old lifestyle unless you make that wrong choice to go back. No one is stopping you but yourself. You can make the choice to stay away from that scene. Thousands of people are clean and sober after years of abuse without the help of god. Thousands of people saw the life they were living and walked away from it and never once entered a church as a means to escape in a hope to never return to that lifestyle. In my mind turning to god is just as unhealthy as the drug itself, and in fact you're just giving up one drug for another (god). It's time for you to cleanse yourself completely.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
sort of like how you believe you know without a doubt that evolution is the truth and then you turned your back on it anyway to become a christian muslim whatever.

that would be like the unforgivable sin of evolution.
Evolution is nothing more than the description of a nonsentient, nonaware, biological process.  It is not a belief system.  It has no catechisms, no sins.  It is unconcerned with whether people believe it is true or not.  A person saying evolution is true, or a person saying evolution is false, doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to whether it is true or not.  And it isn't something you choose in lieu of a belief system, like Christianity, Islam, Judaism...take your pick.  There are many religious people who accept evolutionary theory as being true simply because it explains the incredible diversity of our ecosystem so well.

rob

« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »
I love all you guys believe it or not. ;D

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »
Rob, I know you mean well, but you are clearly failing to acknowledge the issues with your beliefs that I (and others) pointed out. Professing your love for us does not solve the problems I mentioned earlier.

rob

« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2011, 09:21:45 PM »
in response to greybeard-

1.the word law here was an expression regularly used back then to say basically the old testament(research it, thought you were the illuminati you definitely should have knew that) this is how Jesus fulfilled the "law and the prophets."

"There are over 400 prophecies in the Old Testament which point to the coming Messiah and to His life and death. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled every single one of them. The odds of someone doing that who was not the Messiah are too great to even figure."

John 13:34 was a command given for our benefit.

Ephisians 2:8 sums all of it up for you.

here is what hebrews 10 1-10 says about the law

1-10The old plan was only a hint of the good things in the new plan. Since that old "law plan" wasn't complete in itself, it couldn't complete those who followed it. No matter how many sacrifices were offered year after year, they never added up to a complete solution. If they had, the worshipers would have gone merrily on their way, no longer dragged down by their sins. But instead of removing awareness of sin, when those animal sacrifices were repeated over and over they actually heightened awareness and guilt. The plain fact is that bull and goat blood can't get rid of sin.

I Thank God for Jesus !!! Christians are actually sealed in him, and can not get away from him according to ephesians 1:13 you were SEALED. and the only unforgivable sin is as we said earlier is  blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (hebrews 6:4-6). the old testament/ covenant was just types and shadows=(to get everyone ready for christ) for the new testament/ covenant.

the law came to bring sin alive, to show us that we needed a savior. that is its purpose and Gods plan for the law/10 commandments. the 10 commandments do have a positive effect in your walk on this earth though, because they are good guidance for what is morally good. this is how John 13:34 should be interpreted also because it is for our good while we are in this carnal realm.

Galatians 3:25
King James Version (KJV)
25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster=(law)

here is what romans 7:7 says about the law.
 7But I can hear you say, "If the law code/ 10 commandments was as bad as all that, it's no better than sin itself." That's certainly not true. The law code had a perfectly legitimate function. Without its clear guidelines for right and wrong, moral behavior would be mostly guesswork. Apart from the succinct, surgical command, "You shall not covet," I could have dressed covetousness up to look like a virtue and ruined my life with it.

i could go on and on about this with more and more scriptures. Greybeard you better come stronger than that. you might learn something in a little while!!!

Just for everybodys knowledge God does no harm to anyone whatsoever anymore because Jesus paid the price for sin.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:35:43 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRUE INTENT OR UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE/TRUE GOSPEL, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG GRAYBEARD you may be the illumanati for evolution, but definitely not the Bible if you cant understand the simple fact of Gods grace explained in it. It is so blatantly right there in front of your face  just open your eyes!

here is some more about how the law/10 commandments can not do anything for you, it is ONLY  FAITH that makes you righteous in Gods eyes, FAITH in Jesus is the stumbling stone FOR MOST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. Humanity operates on being morally good, good works, or deeds but God works by grace. the only thing you can do is Believe.

romans 9:30-33

30 So what are we going to say? Gentiles who were’t striving for righteousness achieved righteousness, the righteousness that comes from faith. 31 But though Israel was striving for a Law of righteousness, they didn’t arrive. 32 Why? It’s because they didn’t go for it by faith but they went for it as if it could be reached by doing something. They have tripped over a stumbling block. 33 As it is written:

Look! I’m putting a stumbling block in Zion,
   which is a rock that offends people.
And the one who has faith in him will not be put to shame.

Jesus also says in John 6:29
29 Jesus replied, “This is what God requires, that you believe in him whom God sent.”

hey GRAYBEARD PUT ME STRAIGHT SPIRITUALLY CMON BROTHER ILLUMINATED ONE
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:24:41 PM by rob »

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
^^^

Lack of faith (and don't forget iron) eh?  These are the things that stop god in his tracks. 

Kryptonite has never been so easy to come by.

rob

« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
^^^

Lack of faith (and don't forget iron) eh?  These are the things that stop god in his tracks. 

Kryptonite has never been so easy to come by.

does lack of faith mean some or no faith? and it depends on when this lack of faith takes place
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:30:38 PM by rob »

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »
does lack of faith mean some or no faith?

I don't know.  What's the difference? 

Does god give you as much grace as you have faith?  We know he forgives you in response to how much you forgive others (except for those pesky offenses that he refuses to tolerate ever), so there's some grace/righteousness economy going on here.  How little is enough for the Righteousness Cloak to work?  And If god is going to look the other way and declare someone righteous, does that mean he is easily fooled or he just likes to make rules and break them for fun? 

rob

« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »

I don't know.  What's the difference? 

Does god give you as much grace as you have faith?  We know he forgives you in response to how much you forgive others (except for those pesky offenses that he refuses to tolerate ever), so there's some grace/righteousness economy going on here.  How little is enough for the Righteousness Cloak to work?  And If god is going to look the other way and declare someone righteous, does that mean he is easily fooled or he just likes to make rules and break them for fun?
initially if you ask God for salvation and truly mean it you are sealed in Christ. then lets say later on you lost all your faith because of some misunderstanding of God or for whatevr reason, you are still righteous in his eyes. but I will say that you cant fool God, for He judges the heart.

also the rules you are talking about were NOT FOR HIM, but they were for your benefit in this life along with bringing sin alive to show or contrast how hopeless you are without a savior.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:44:27 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2011, 11:12:18 PM »

Does god give you as much grace as you have faith? 
he actually gives you the grace and the faith!!!!!!!!!!
the answer to that question is YES according to the scriptures, actually it is our initial faith that  saves us at the moment of salvation, then its the free gift of  Gods supernatural faith that we recieve. its fulllproof/ foolproof according to the bible. so its not our grace nor our faith after the initial acceptance of Gods salvation.

ephesians 2:8 says it like this
8For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God--

here is another translation
the message bible says it like this
All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving.

this why the word gospel in greek means   the too good too be true news
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:25:21 PM by rob »

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2011, 11:19:37 PM »
what are good things that i dont appreciate?. I WANT TO KNOW WHO TOLD SOCIETY WHAT IS GOOD OR NOT? please SOMEBODY. anybody

The individuals figured it out and passed it on. People getting shot tend to say "ouch" and if they survive they freely mention to others how they didn't like getting shot, and when they are good at getting their point across, they are able to spread the word about how much it hurts and they get people to generally agree that getting shot sucks and then people make rules about shooting each other.

That doesn't mean it's actually bad to get shot. Most folks perceive it to be, but hey, maybe if I got shot and ended up in the hospital and got to eat food that was better than my own cooking for a couple of weeks while they tried to decide whether or not to cut off my mangled leg I might start to think getting shot is pretty good because I ate better.

Good and bad is a social construct. That most of us are willing to go along with. At least when it's convenient. Years ago people noticed that when they killed all their own kids they never got to be grandparents and hence no cute little crayon pix to hang on the fridge. And this was bad. So they started thinking that maybe they should eat someone else's kids, and morality was born.

Get used to it. Many, many civilizations and tribal groups survived for tens of thousands of years without any knowledge whatsoever of your god and yet they didn't kill each other off or spend 24 hours a day robbing each other. Don't be so frickin' mystified why folks are nice to each other more often than not. I've been an atheist for about half a century and I've yet to kick someone in the groin or tear the tags off my mattress. So being obedient to generally accepted social constructs must be pretty easy, whether there is a god or not. Otherwise I would have shot you in a back alley decades ago. Unless you're younger. then it would have been last year or something.

And if you need a god to have a reason to live, you're doing it wrong. I get up each day with things to do and places to go. That none of them involve church socials or Sunday morning services doesn't mean that they are meaningless undertakings. Sometimes it's work (ick) and sometimes it's play (yea!) but in any case it beats that crap out of being a bunch of ashes in a cardboard box in someones dresser because they haven't mustered up the courage to go up in the mountains and sprinkle me off of a cliff.

You're fretting to much about life. That's like winning the lottery and spending the next year wondering what you'll do with the money and then going down to the lottery office to turn it in and finding out that you had to do it by yesterday and the ticket had expired. Silly goose.

You're alive. This is good. Someday you'll be dead, even if I don't help. That is sad. To spend all your waking hours both mystified and miffed is a complete waste of time and money and carbon molecules. Find another reason to wake up in the morning. I did that long, long ago and I'm not super-perplexed by anything. I'm not tearing my hair out (what's left of it) over anything anguishing. And i'm not worried enough about death to act scared right now.

Try it, you'll like it.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
rob,

I'm happy you stopped being an ass hole, but come on man.  None of this god stuff is real.  You quote the bible as if the things inside it are true.  They're not.  There is no such thing as the Christian God.  All that stuff about faith and grace and saving us is just stupid.  It's completely fake.  Your theological take on things is just that... theology.  Not fact.  When you postulate a being that could literally do anything, then it's not overly hard to come up a theology around it that makes sense to you.  That has nothing to do with whether its true or not.  While you may be sitting there reading this and shaking your head and thinking about how I just don't 'get' it or something... no man... just no.  It's all really fake.  It really is. 

You should also stop quoting the bible to us, because nobody actually thinks the stuff in there is true anymore.  If you want to convince anyone that God is real, you can't use the bible.  You have to use real world evidence of some kind.  Do you have any? 

And please stop underlining and bolding so much stuff.  It adds nothing and is a little annoying.

Have a good one. 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

rob

« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »
rob,

I'm happy you stopped being an ass hole, but come on man.  None of this god stuff is real.  You quote the bible as if the things inside it are true.  They're not.  There is no such thing as the Christian God.  All that stuff about faith and grace and saving us is just stupid.  It's completely fake.  Your theological take on things is just that... theology.  Not fact.  When you postulate a being that could literally do anything, then it's not overly hard to come up a theology around it that makes sense to you.  That has nothing to do with whether its true or not.  While you may be sitting there reading this and shaking your head and thinking about how I just don't 'get' it or something... no man... just no.  It's all really fake.  It really is. 

You should also stop quoting the bible to us, because nobody actually thinks the stuff in there is true anymore.  If you want to convince anyone that God is real, you can't use the bible.  You have to use real world evidence of some kind.  Do you have any? 

And please stop underlining and bolding so much stuff.  It adds nothing and is a little annoying.

Have a good one.

i know it is foolishness to nonchristians, it should be according to bible
1 cor.18-21 says The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense. This is the way God works, and most powerfully as it turns out. It's written,

I'll turn conventional wisdom on its head,
   I'll expose so-called experts as crackpots.
So where can you find someone truly wise, truly educated, truly intelligent in this day and age? Hasn't God exposed it all as pretentious nonsense? Since the world in all its fancy wisdom never had a clue when it came to knowing God, God in his wisdom took delight in using what the world considered dumb—preaching, of all things!—to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:46:25 PM by rob »

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2011, 11:44:42 PM »
Rob, I used to use that verse from 1 Cor. Then I realized that the verse itself is part of a method to try and reinforce a delusional belief. Of course the gospel looks foolish, because it is illogical.

You don't seem to realize that some of the members here are ex-Christians who know the Bible pretty well. In fact, it was knowing the Bible that caused me to question Christianity.

You still have not addressed my concerns regarding the logical and ethical problems with the Biblical events I mentioned earlier.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2011, 11:45:33 PM »
Rob

You been sacrificing all your first born animals to your god, as required in Leviticus 27:26, or are you another hypocrite, just cherry-picking on your biblical journey through life?

Just curious.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

rob

« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »
Rob

You been sacrificing all your first born animals to your god, as required in Leviticus 27:26, or are you another hypocrite, just cherry-picking on your biblical journey through life?

Just curious.
did you just not read anything i wrote?

rob

« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:28 PM »
anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly. God bless yall and thanks for letting me be a part of your forum and website.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »
i know it is foolishness to nonchristians it should according to bible

You're doing it again.  Stop quoting the bible as if it's worth something. 

What do you know about the history of the bible?  Maybe you should look into that. 

1 cor.18-21 says The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction,

Do you really think we're all hellbent on destruction?  I giggled a little bit here.  Couldn't it just be that we've examined the bible for it's content and found that it was much more likely fake than true?  Isn't that possible with any book?  Why do you think the bible is immune to this type of assessment?  It's very silly rob.  Dragons, giants, people living in fish for days... very silly stuff.  I'm sorry, but that buzzer that goes off in my brain every time I read books with talking animals in it, went off when I read the bible.  It's just... come on man.  No... just no. 

So where can you find someone truly wise, truly educated, truly intelligent in this day and age?

Those people are all over the place.  They're called scientists, teachers, doctors, etc.  We should lean on them more than we currently do. 

Hasn't God exposed it all as pretentious nonsense?

Exposed what?  Science?  LOL.  Look around you, rob.  Is there anything in your immediate vicinity that has NOT been touched by science?  Those creature comforts that we all enjoy aren't just pretentious nonsense... they help make our lives better.  We should celebrate them, not call them pretentious like you.  There is nothing wrong with enjoying life.  Nothing.  Its the only one we get. 

Since the world in all its fancy wisdom never had a clue when it came to knowing God, God in his wisdom took delight in using what the world considered dumb—preaching, of all things!—to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation.

That's a really pretty way of saying absolutely nothing worth reading. 

Preachers are the worst types of people.  They stand in front of throngs of people in their funny outfits and spew unquestioned information as if it were true to mindless sheep who absorb it without putting any thought into it at all.  And you'll notice that I didn't mention them when I was showing you that there are truly wise, intelligent and educated people all around us.  Newsflash for you rob... people still think preaching is dumb. 

Seriously, get your head out of the bible and start learning stuff.  You've been brainwashed, but you can undo it.  Take pride in knowing that you pulled yourself out of trouble all by yourself and learn about the real world around you.  It's a lot more fascinating than that god crap. 

anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly. God bless yall and thanks for letting me be a part of your forum and website.

Whatever man.
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »

Run, Forrest, run!

Guess I am not going to get an argument for those Biblical events I mentioned earlier.

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04:15 AM »
anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly.

But you didn't convince anyone. You failed. Do you think the god will be satisfied that you failed and gave up? Will it look upon you favorably that you quit when things got inconvenient? Are we to understand by your example that Christians are quitters?

Is failure the measure of your faith?
Denis Loubet

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +264/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »
...if you cant understand the simple fact of Gods grace....

Rob, this "God's grace" thing is not an actual fact until you prove empirically that your god is real, and that its behaviour is in accordance with whatever you mean by "grace."

And in My opinion, a god that needs to use "grace" at all is incompetent.

the only thing you can do is Believe.

Belief does not appear to be a choice.  At best, a non-believer can go through the motions of believing, hoping that genuine belief will somehow develop later.

However, when dealing with patently nonsensical mythologies such as Christianity, sometimes belief never comes.  This has been My experience.  I was exposed to Christianity at a young age, not by indoctrination but because I loved to read.  By the time I was seven years old, I knew all the major Bible stories:  Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham and Isaac, Sampson, David and Goliath, the walls of Jericho, Daniel in the lion's den, the Gospels.

They were never real to Me.  Not for one moment.  Despite being the proverbial blank slate, awaiting only the interest and intervention of a god, nothing happened.

By the time I was in any real danger of someone trying to convert Me to Christianity, I had already seen through the Hell myth and visualized the nature of eternal life and its inherent meaninglessness.  Oh, and I just couldn't find it in Myself to have a heck of a lot of sympathy for this Jesus character, either.

Now, 47 years after your alleged god dropped the ball, I view Christianity as abhorrent and completely unacceptable.  It is grossly immoral and psychologically unhealthy.  I will not worship a god that would torture anyone in hell; I will not consent to allowing anyone to die in My place; and I have no interest in living forever.

ParkingPlaces nailed it:  "...If you need a god to have a reason to live, you're doing it wrong."  If you tie your entire life to a myth, it'll be the myth living your life... Not you.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »
this why the word gospel in greek means   the too good too be true news

Stop lying.

The word for gospel in Latin is EVANGELIUM.  That is from Greel EUAGGELION.  (GG in Greek is pronounced as NG.)  EU is a prefix well known to any English speaker and means "good". 

ANGELUS in Latn is from Greek AGGELOS.  It literally mean "messenger".

AGGELION means "message" or "news".

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #229 on: December 04, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRUE INTENT OR UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE/TRUE GOSPEL, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG

This implies that you understand the True IntentTM of the bible. Given your heavy implication, who says that you understand the true intent of the bible?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
Run, Forrest, run!
Brave Sir robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir robin!
 ;D
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
anyway i think my job here is done, the grace of God has been preached and explained thouroughly.

You must have been reading the greatly abridged version of the great commission, You haven't even defined what your god's grace is or means. You haven't told us what god has told to you, you've simply pushed snippets of what other men have said.

Yet you claim job done, mission accomplished?

Who are you? George Bush?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !