Author Topic: thanks [#2625]  (Read 5893 times)

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
Re: thanks [#2625]
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:25 PM »
gravity is not absolute and will eventuall change because it is not timeless.

Blimey, a Nobel prize awaits you sir.

I'm afraid that at this point I'm going to have to use the 'G' word;

GUFFAW!
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

rob

« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
and Raymond I love you brother. look why dont yall just kick me off because the longer i debate with you the stronger my faith gets and that is not your purpose. your whole purpose in life is vanity which is why you all reek of arrogance, self indulgence.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:33:59 PM by rob »

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
and Raymond I love you brother.

I heard your kinfolk can cure that homo right out of you. You should look into that. I know your people hate teh fags.
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

rob

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
that a goodone ray please get all that hate out(the fruit of your beliefs coming out of you). it will be therapeutic.

no gays and lesbians will be in heaven if they believe the truth, but they will change eventually if they seek the truth and truly believe.(just a natural occurence) God does not judge you by what you do . that is the true gospel.

did you know that Jesus became homosexual, and became a thief, and a murderer, child molester and anything else you can think of that is sinful as a punishment from God.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:46:41 PM by rob »

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
nice one ray, started reading a half hour ago some free time  ;D

rob stick around life's not over yet what have you got to loose.

You're not the first person to face death. Millions of people face death and die each day.

What makes you so sure that the god of the bible is waiting on the other side?
Could be that there is no god.  just a bunch of wondering souls exploring the unknown.
Could be a giant chicken named Fred. And the only question it will ask is what came first?
If you're from some sand dune tribe and you blow up a train, well hey,  more virgins than you can shake your stick at. Is this starting to sound a little funny now? You know, believe what you want and all? 

When my father died I am quite sure he thought he was flying with the eagles.
When I die I hope I can join him.     But I seriously doubt it. Why?
Because that's rational thought. Sitting around thinking about what lies in the unknown.. Waste of time, you or I do not have. You have this life and that's it, enjoy it. 

Faith? faith is wishful thought that's never fulfilled.

The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
and Raymond I love you brother. look why dont yall just kick me off because the longer i debate with you the stronger my faith gets and that is not your purpose. your whole purpose in life is vanity which is why you all reek of arrogance, self indulgence.

Nice claim of being psychic, Rob.   Unfortunately, making baseless claims seems to be all you have, telling lies about others so you feel better about yourself.  I know it grieves you to find this out but no, the purpose of my life is not vanity.  It's rather sad that it's come down to this.  So much for your offer to debate bible verses, eh? I'm quite happy to do that will you but it seems you are intent running away with your begging to be banned.

No, Rob, you can stay here and be a lovely example to others on what being a Christian evidently really means.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
that a goodone ray please get all that hate out(the fruit of your beliefs coming out of you). it will be therapeutic.

no gays and lesbians will be in heaven if they believe the truth, but they will change eventually if they seek the truth and truly believe.(just a natural occurence) God does not judge you by what you do . that is the true gospel.

I'm sorry you're misreading the words that are typed from my handsome fingers as hate. I think perhaps you are overly defensive. No, my words are more mocking, and impatient at worst.

And please don't lie for Jesus. It's unbecoming. Your holy book clearly wants homosexuals put to death. Is your book wrong now? YOU know better than your god? Kinda vain of you, ain't it?

edit: Sorry, I forgot the level of intellectual I'm dealing with here. I'll make sure to use emoticons in the future so you know I'm not all hate-ified.  ;D  :P

rob

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2011, 03:48:05 PM »
that is the old covenant not the new.

thanks valkyn thats what i want most.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2011, 03:49:36 PM »

Is it not the irrefutable word of god? And if it doesn't count, why include it? You still follow the Ten Commandments, right? Why?

You're a cherry picker. Not a very good one. lol... You suck dude.  ;D

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
JC said that one had to follow his father's laws to get to heaven, in addition to following him.  Now that's wrong too????
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

rob

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »
no we are no longer bound by the 10 commandments according to the new covenant. the law was  from God, that came to bring sin alive. thats the purpose of the law so that sin may increase so you will recognise what you have recieved through Christ.

read romans 6:1 and 6:15

1 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? 2 Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin? 3 Did you forget that all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized? In our baptism we shared in his death. 4 So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and took part in his death. And just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father, so we can now live a new life.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
no we are no longer bound by the 10 commandments according to the new covenant. the law was  from God, that came to bring sin alive. thats the purpose of the law so that sin may increase so you will recognise what you have recieved through Christ.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

<sniff> Oh man. Oh... Haha... Wow. What a crock of shit.

You should really listen to yourself sometime. LOL... Ahhhhhhhh. Thanks for laughs, Chuckles.  ;D

Pffft. Lol... No, that's okay, thanks. I think I'll pass.  ;)

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2011, 03:56:25 PM »
and here comes the preaching uggg      waste smells bad
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

rob

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
accept or not im just preaching the truth of the WORD.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:23 PM »
accept or not im just preaching the truth of the WORD.

And let me tell you, it's fucking RIVETING Sparky. That 14th century English, WHOO, boy. Lemme tell ya. It *REALLY* connects with people, ya know?  ;D

Maybe you'd like to throw in an Aesop's fable with it? Or a story about Darth Vader and his magic Dwarves? That'd be swell.

rob

« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »
HUH dont understand your statement. i can show youeverything you ever thought about Christianity is wrong if you like. Just ask? and ill show you scripturally.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:04:09 PM by rob »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

1 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? 2 Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin? 3 Did you forget that all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized? In our baptism we shared in his death. 4 So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and took part in his death. And just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father, so we can now live a new life.

Let's look at 6:15 
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!
It seems that sinning is still defined by the law.  So, by not following the law and that's all of the commandmetns, not just the first ten, you are still sinning and have not at all shown any obediance to this god of yours, only depending on grace, like Paul says not to do.

You aren't preaching any truth, and you don't even know your own bible. So much for "truth". No, you are preaching what Rob says his god "really" meant.  You have created your own version of Christianity just like every other Christian, ignoring what is inconvenient.  Your religion is no more than your own desires and hatreds, dressed up with a little imaginary divine approval.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
HUH dont understand your statement.

lol Then you're more dense than I thought.

Understand or not it's the truth of the SENTENCE. GO TELL IT ON THA MOUNTAIN!

Pop a heart pill and think about it, Load Runner. But take it slow. Don't want you to blow a gasket or nothin'.

rob

« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »
velkyn  here is what he is saying

In this fallen world everytime sin increases in this earthly realm so does sickness, poverty, etc. Its like the carnal lifes natural reaction, so why would you do that! plus christians would not be very smart to live like that in the eyes of society. We should be good stewards of the faith for the sake of others and ourselves. He is saying Stop its just stupid.

But in the spiritual realm we are free in his sight as long as we believe.

You dont change for Christianity, Christianity just naturally changes you. do you get it?

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »
Whatever you say, Space Ace. It's been real. I gotta wrap up this here load of crap or I'll never get out of here by 5:00. Keep on, you know, being weird n' s**t. Sorry you think the world is all fallen n' doomed, too. That sucks. No wonder you're a miserable whiner.

Try not to drop dead in the pews or nufin'.

Hessel Outtie.

By the way, where is the Spiritual Realm again? Is that the 5th dimension, or the 6th?  ;D

edited:For a smiley. So homeslice knows I'm not HATING. BLAAARRRRRGH!  >:(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:15:49 PM by RaymondKHessel »

rob

« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
God bless you ray

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
lol Uh huh. And may Emperor Palpatine become confused on the way to your house.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
velkyn  here is what he is saying
In this fallen world everytime sin increases in this earthly realm so does sickness, poverty, etc. Its like the carnal lifes natural reaction, so why would you do that! plus christians would not be very smart to live like that in the eyes of society. We should be good stewards of the faith for the sake of others and ourselves. He is saying Stop its just stupid.
But in the spiritual realm we are free in his sight as long as we believe.

You dont change for Christianity, Christianity just naturally changes you. do you get it?

Ah, so this is the gospel according to Rob.  I like how you totally make up things, Rob, with nothing in the actual verses to back you up.  Where does Paul say that sin is increasing in the world?  Nope, no where, only a personal increase.  And Yep, it would be stupid to act like idiots in society but it’s amusing that he has to spell it out. It says nothing about for the sake of anyone else. Obediance of the Christian is the only thing that is important.  You see, I have a bible too.

It’s also hilarious that we know that your claims aren’t true just by looking around.  There is less illness and poverty now than in any time in history.  Again your ignorance is astounding.  We have totally beaten some diseases and have many others under control.  We have a vastly higher standard of living, even averaging those from third world countries, and golly, most of them are theists of one type or another. So much for religion benefiting anyone. 

We see no differences in actions between non-Christians and Christians.  There are as many Christian jerks as there are Muslims or Jews or atheists.  Of course, you’ll claim tha they aren’t TrueChristianstm but until I see any of you actually doing anything like was promised, you all have the same validity: NONE. 

and woo, the “spiritual realm”.  Any reason I should accept your claim of this magical realm and not accept the same magic realms from other religions?  Why don’t you accept them as well since they have exactly as much evidence for them as you do?  Oh yes, since you were born in this religion and are intentionally ignorant of others, you have no idea on how similar your claims are to theirs. 

And no Christianity doesn’t change anyone.  I was a good person as a Christian and as not.  I don’t need a magic carrot and stick to act like a decent person. It’s a shame that so many Christians think they do need this and that anyone who isn’t a Christian is a ravening asshole.  They simply aren’t and it’s sad that these Christians have to lie to themselves so badly to make believe that they are special snowflakes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:34:07 PM by velkyn »

rob

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
i mean your personal existence as far as sin increasing.

and i am  concerned about the here and now.

im not trying to convert you by the way.

i would describe christianity as a relationship rather than a religion.

it changed me i robbed, i stole, sexually was immoral, smoked blunts, toted weight, licked shots, and would baby make, get bent and pay rent.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:55:29 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2011, 04:50:51 PM »
there is no such thing as a good christian just forgiven

in response to Obediance of the Christian is the only thing that is important.  You see, I have a bible too.

i call you a bluff about reading and understanding the Bible though because that is exactly the opposite of its teaching

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:02:05 PM by rob »

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
no one has proof of truth, it is corrupt to say that. just like our justice system is flawed your argument is flawed. i am glad to know that you do not claim an absolute truth that clears alot up for me and you beliefs.
It's much more likely that you made faulty assumptions based on misunderstanding what I said.  If you want me to clear up what I think, then ask me directly about it.  Don't try to draw conclusions based on what I say, because you do not have a good track record of drawing correct conclusions in this thread.

Quote from: rob
explain this to someone wrongly convicted of a crime they did not commit, there is a chance of error.
innocent people serve life sentences because of reasonable doubt all the time. with that being said all people/ general public are either innocent or guilty so that makes all people a person of interest. there is no way to escape this conclusion. the general public is either guilty or not. (state of limbo or in my argument FAITH)
People are sometimes wrongfully convicted of crimes, yes.  But that has nothing to do with what I said.  It is a non sequitur, it does not follow from my statements.  Furthermore, your statement about all people (the general public) being innocent or guilty is meaningless to this discussion, because scientific theories have nothing to do with individuals committing crimes. 

so i guess your belief in evolution is definitely flawed beyond a reasonable doubt because there is legitimate proof that people are wrongly convicted on the basis of reasonable doubt. so in a court of law your argument would lose because i have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that your argument is not betyond a reasonable doubt. i dont claim i can proove Christianity to you, but to me it just makes more since because we have been created as faithbeings( that is who we are to our innermost core being) and that is a matter of faith. i know where you come from with your beliefs and how you conclude your philosophy.
This is comparing apples and beach balls.  The legal system has absolutely nothing to do with scientific theories, and the fact that you would even try to make that comparison demonstrates that you really don't understand what science is all about.  Also, if you actually tried to prove in a court of law that scientific theories were not proven beyond reasonable doubt by arguing that people are wrongfully imprisoned, you would be laughed out of court.  Also, it's pretty obvious that you don't know where I come from, how I think, or what conclusions I come to, so you should not make statements that are pretty clearly wrong.

by the way we are also just as much an emotional/ love/ fear being as we are a faith being.
The fact that we have emotions does not have anything to do with faith.  It has been aptly demonstrated that animals have emotions.  Do they have faith as well?  Good luck finding out.

how does athiesm decide what is moral or what is love/ hate/ fear where did that moral authority originate from? and how and why? and do you conclude that since evolution is not absolute that the only absolute is that we are a being of faith and love?
Atheism doesn't decide the first thing about that.  Society decides what is moral, I decide what is ethical.  Love, hate, fear, etc, are all emotions that developed through evolution.  Moral authority comes from society; a person who abides by what is considered moral in a society is a moral authority.

And I do not accept your conclusion that the only absolute is that we are beings of faith and love.  I categorically dispute your conclusion as untrue, nonsensical, and imaginary.  While faith and love exist, they are not absolutes.  Not everyone has faith, and not everyone has love.

rob

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
good breakdown jaime still dont agree though

how about disprooving my view of the true gospel
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:01:32 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »
vekyl  i call you a bluff about reading and understanding the Bible though because that is exactly the opposite of its teaching.
prove me wrong in scripture.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
i choose Christianity because it makes the most sense in dealing with who I really am as a being. It fills that void of Love that we all cry for in our innermost being.

So you use it as a crutch. I hate it when people say stuff like this. "I choose christianity because it gives me meaning". Sorry, rob, you're a weak minded individual. Not only do you not know what evolution is, and what a scientific theory is, you also cling to this crazy idea that some god fills you with joy and love. Absolutely pathetic.

First of all: don't belittle yourself. We don't need a god being to fill any void in our lives.
Second: You cling to this crutch that says that you are unworthy of his love unless you constantly repent to him and constantly give him praise and thanks by constantly sitting in his house. What kind of loving being would do that? Answer? None.

If this god was truly loving he'd forgive you without your even asking. If this god was so great he wouldn't want constant praise for his creation. He'd be humble. He'd humble himself before you, but he doesn't. He wants thanks because he's god an ego as large as the universe christians claim he created. Not much of a god.

This love you say he fills is not there. He's not moving in your life at all. It's all talk being spoken to you by a man he claims to have been moved to proclaim his divine message. But the message of love isn't there. If anything it's a hostage situation and you are just suffering from Stocholm Syndrome.

it changed me i robbed, i stole, sexually was immoral, smoked blunts, toted weight, licked shots, and would baby make, get bent and pay rent.

Bummer. I can relate though. I was homeless for a few years because I was a crack head.

No one change you. You changed yourself and you are using god as a reason why you no longer do these things. Show yourself some respect. Stop giving the credit to god.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:11:53 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.