Author Topic: thanks [#2625]  (Read 6503 times)

rob

Re: thanks [#2625]
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
im not attacking evolution just stating facts. again evolution is absolute truth because you believe and thats the only reason why. its not absolute for me though. so we are both right and both wrong in our philosophys. but faith and love can not be denied.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »
again why all the personal attacks about my worldly knowledge. i dont claim to have absolute truth on worldly knowledge again i will state NOR DO I WANT IT( screw sophistication, looks, clothes or anything else of the sort. it profits me nothing.) for you i guess it means everything though. i am no ones judge why do you act like you are mine.
Because you can't support a thing you claim, Rob.  I guess I'm a prophet since I see yet one more willfully ignorant Christian.  I wonder what you do for a living since you don't like worldly knowledge.   

And I act as your judge because someone must when the willfully ignorant try to spread their nonsense.  You are a hypocrite and getting quite close to being a simple liar since you can't back up your claims and you try to conflate religion with atheism after beign told very plainly they are not the same.  How does your god feel about lies and liars, Rob, and bearing false witness?  In Romans 3, it even says that your god hates lies told supposedly "for" him. 

You are attacking evolutionary theory.  Please don't think we're that dumb.  Evolutionary theory is supported by evidence and that shows it's correct, not just because I believe.  &)It fits what we see in the world.  It shows any creation story nonsense to be simply one more myth, just like how the Vikings thought a cow licked ice and started the world.

Faith and love do exists, but that does not show that any god exists at all.   Humans have them, no gods needed.  We also have morals but those do change over time.  So do the supposed morals of your god, since Christians once were okay with slavery and now, by and large, hate it.  For a supposedly unchanging all-powerful deity, it always plays catch up with puny humans.  Not much of a god. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

rob

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
where does a sense of compassion and empathy come from? can evolution logically explain faith and love?

are you really so blind to the truth or are you just acting?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:16:34 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
also in Romans chpt 3 21 thru 26 it says we are redeemed for all past present and future lies and the Bible also says we are sealed by that forever more by grace through faith. the only way to get away from that is to denounce christ the only unforgivable sin. read ephesians 2:8

i only quote scripture because you bring it up. I was not planning on doing that and i dont think you want to get in a biblical debate with me. anybody bring it if thats what they want to do and ill give you the to good to be true news of the gospel.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:18:21 PM by rob »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »
where does a sense of compassion and empathy come from? can evolution logically explain faith and love?

You want to say that a magic man done it.  Can you explain where your god magic man goes his sense of morality from?  If you can't be expected to explain it, then why should I be expected to explain compassion and empathy?

I wonder the very same thing about you.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

rob

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
i dont have to explain what the magic man has done. its done by faith. your stumbling over the stumbling block.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:25:07 PM by rob »

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
[...]instead i had to be really lucky and got you(ugggh).whether or not god is real my feelings are REAL no matter what you say and now they are in a  worse place than they were when i got on the internet. and ussually 100 percent of the time i feel better after i read a few testimonies. thanks for taking away my medicine and decreasing what little faith and hope i had.
Let me give you a Bble verse: Ga:4:16: Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

It seems to me you are relying on a fictional god who does not care about your condition: Indeed, that god claims to be the author of all misery on earth, including yours:

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Why would a god do such a thing? It is because one of your ancestors sinned:

Exodus 20:5-6, I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

So now why blame this site. We offer sanity and reason. We believe in the science that will eventually cure people like you.

Good Luck!
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

rob

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
in response to galatians 4:16
this is paul talking to the galatians about not being influenced by jewish traditons and mixing it with Christianity.look at it context. He is telling them that there is nothing you can do to be made righteous besides believe and thats it. mot water baptism, circumcision, prayer, doing anykind of good not nothing. the only that makes you righteous in Gods eyes is belief in His Son and they are being infiltrated by some religious pharisees.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »

Yes, evolutionary theory can explain that.  We have compassion and empathy becaue that helps us exist as a species.  Helping each other increases the chance for people to live and breed and pass on the caring traits.  And until you show some evidence for your nonsense, there’s no reason to think someone who is as ill-educated as you has any “truth” at all.  I may as well be listening to a Muslim or a Hindu make the same baseless claims; there’d be no difference.
also in Romans chpt 3 21 thru 26 it says we are redeemed for all past present and future lies and it also says we are sealed by that forever more. the only way to get away from that is to denounce christ the only unforgivable sin. read ephesians 2:8
Oh yes, that good ol’ unforgivable sin.  Even if you change your mind, you are still damned if you ever did this. Funny how Jesus himself never mentioned that at all, it had to be added a hundred years later.  It’s rather amusing when Christians disagree.  You claim that once saved, always saved, right?   Well, there are plenty who don’t, for example these: http://www.truthablaze.com/osasrefuted.html  Now, who should I believe, Rob? Paul or Jesus?  Who trumps the other?   
i only quote scripture because you bring it up. I was not planning on doing that and i dont think you want to get in a biblical debate with me. anybody bring it if thats what they want to do and ill give you the to good to be true news of the gospel.
Oh, sure I want to get in a biblical debate with you.  Because I know you are just as ignorant as most Christians.  You see, Rob, I was a Christian once up on a time.  I’ve read the bible as a believer and as not.  I know what it says quite well, and the various translations of it.  In that you can’t even bother to make an easily readable post, I’m not too worried about what you have to say.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
in response to galatians 4:16
this is paul talking to the galatians about not being influenced by jewish traditons a...
You have missed the point and you have missed it on purpose. The context is irrelevant. The point is that Paul says he is telling the truth and that the listener should not be upset... just as the website does. The truth is not always what we want to hear, but the sensible amongst us will listen.

Just out of curiosity: do you believe that God has cursed you? I'm not suffering from anything like the thing you are, and God has not cursed me.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »
i dont have to explain what the magic man has done. its done by faith. your stumbling over the stumbling block.

In short, you want me to explain, in great details, about certain things like compassion and empathy; but when it comes to your side of the argument, all you'll offer is woo.  That's about as much as I expected.  One side does all the hard work, while the other sits back and offers lazy retorts.

You are offering no reasons for me to get into a debate with you over the morality argument.  If two people are to get into a debate over something, its expected that both of them will try to put effort into their words.  Thus far, you've shown no signs on your part.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

rob

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
in regards to exodus 4:11 god did not separate his love from man, man separated his love from God. and yes in the beginning god did all this, he is the creator of all things but sin is a natural punishment(we live in a fallen world) from god thats just the way it is. he would not be a just god if he wouldnt have allowed that to happen. the good news is we are in a new covenant now and set free from sin and made right in our spirit(which happens to take faith to recognise) and that is something you decided not to believe in. i only claim absolute truth for me not for you so believe whatever you want.

rob

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2011, 02:44:18 PM »
aaron believe what you want to believe im not trying to convert you. do you feel better ?
/

rob

« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »
yes i used to think God had cursed me but that was until i learned who i was, who i was in Christ and the true nature of god as explained in the bible.  Its all faith everything takes faith>

rob

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
to be very honest i really have not paid any attention to what this website has said. i dont care too. i know what i believe just as you know what you believe.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »
in regards to exodus 4:11 god did not separate his love from man, man separated his love from God. and yes in the beginning god did all this, he is the creator of all things but sin is a natural punishment(we live in a fallen world) from god thats just the way it is. he would not be a just god if he wouldnt have allowed that to happen. the good news is we are in a new covenant now and set free from sin and made right in our spirit(which happens to take faith to recognise) and that is something you decided not to believe in. i only claim absolute truth for me not for you so believe whatever you want.

What's your evidence that any of that is real?  If you say "it's faith", then why should I take your words over that of say... a muslim?  After all, they have their own holy book alleged to be from god Allah, and they use the same faith speak.

aaron believe what you want to believe im not trying to convert you. do you feel better ?

Should I take this to mean you can't work out the morality argument?

to be very honest i really have not paid any attention to what this website has said. i dont care too. i know what i believe just as you know what you believe.

In that case, you should take the time to read the site.  If you're going to argue things, at least know what you're talking about.

rob

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
in exodus 20 god was just to do that but now god would not be just to do that becaus3e of what Jesus did.

rob

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
everybody please listen. believe what you want. that shall be the ultimate truth for you. i dont condemn you. but know that you are a being of faith and love. thats the ultimate truth for us all.
can we agree on that?

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »
i am no ones judge why do you act like you are mine.
We are commanded by God to judge:
Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

1st Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1st Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
1st Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

Mal:3:18: Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Obviously, as you do not judge you aren't a Christian.

rob

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
i choose Christianity because it makes the most sense in dealing with who I really am as a being. It fills that void of Love that we all cry for in our innermost being.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »

Let me ask you, how is it "just" to intentionally create a situation where mankind was doomed to "fall"?  Or was your god too blind to see a snake in this garden, and not remove it?

and no, we aren't beigns of faith and love. Sorry, nope, can't agree on that baseless claim. It's so cute when Christians try to make believe that everyone will believe like they do. 

Gee, you didn't pay attention to the website and evidently to nothign we've said here. You are lazy ignorant man. Sad really.   But typical. It's good that you now claim that you don't want to convert anyone since you've failed so far. Nice lie to tell yourself so you don't feel like a failure.

rob

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
in respnse to Obviously, as you do not judge you aren't a Christian.

that is the most absurd statement i have ever heard about Christianity. i am not going to take the time to explain it for you but read the context and the type of judgement it is talking about and figure it out for yourself.

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

rob

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
for the same reason that if you had no choice but to be a Christian. that would be very unjust wouldnt you agree.

im a failure in this life and by your standards but not by my Gods and thats all that matters to me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:10:54 PM by rob »

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
everybody please listen. believe what you want. that shall be the ultimate truth for you. i dont condemn you. but know that you are a being of faith and love. thats the ultimate truth for us all.
can we agree on that?

No. Because faith is belief without evidence.

You have asked for evidence of various things in this thread and, when offered it, you have either ignored it or equated it with faith. I gave you the example of gravity as being a truth that requires no faith and you didn't even acknowledge it.

As for love, well I know what it is to love and be loved. That isn't sufficient for it to be true that I am a 'being of love', even if that was a definable thing to be.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

rob

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
gravity is not absolute and will eventuall change because it is not timeless.

i only rely on things absolute to me, not you.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:15:44 PM by rob »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
oh oh my. ROFL

rob

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
i only rely on things absolute, not what might be absolute.

absolute=what you believe

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »
...oh dear.

Rob's not even trying anymore.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Look, I'm sorry, I've watched this go on for five pages.

Rob? You're a fucking retard homey. When they shocked your holy rollin' ass back to life at the clinic? Alllll those tasty antibiotics that kept your rusty ticker pounding are your PROOF OF EVOLUTION. They kept a dozen different viruses from creeping into your body and eating you from the inside out. Read up on it, for the love of f**k, instead of coming here, ADMITTING you know virtually nothing about what you're talking about, and then proceeding to try to slippery-snake your way through a minefield of logic that's been laid out by people infinitely smarter and better educated than you.

You can't even speak coherent sentences. Your entire worldview, and everything you've typed here, is one giant melting pot of nonsensical voodoo-talk and mystical bullshit. You sound like a fucking fortune cookie written by some goon with Down's Syndrome.

"I am a faithbeing! Truth is faith! The central stone of being is grounded in the back nine of contemporary strife channelled through conduits of meat and fiber optic cable!"

Retardsville. You're the mayor. Wear your sash with pride.

Also blatent troll. The constant "Athiesm is a religion derp!" and "I'm gonna show this too my religious buddies!", all that bullshit... Kid's a fuckin' troll, AND a douche. And your god obviously wants you dead, or he wouldn't have given a 34 year old a shitty, malfunctioning bloodpiece.

I wash my hands. Their soaked in delicious lamb's blood, by the way. I'm making chops for dinner. Mmmmm. Delicious. Now kindly f**k off.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:31:05 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.