Author Topic: thanks [#2625]  (Read 5847 times)

rob

Re: thanks [#2625]
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
you have disregarded he evidence that evolution can not be proven without a supernatural beginning. nothing from nothing does not equal something.

so truth is supernatural and that takes faith.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »
you have disregarded he evidence that evolution can not be proven without a supernatural beginning. nothing from nothing does not equal something.

so truth is supernatural and that takes faith.
There is no evidence that the universe required a supernatural beginning.  If you disagree, then show the evidence that there was 'nothing' in the beginning.  If you cannot show the evidence, then be honest and admit that you have none.

Therefore, your conclusion, "so truth is supernatural and that takes faith", is null.  If there was never anything supernatural to begin with, then saying "truth is supernatural" is nonsense.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
so you have baptist athiest and pentecostal athiests

Poe confirmation
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
You are a big boy.  You don't need imaginary sky daddies to make things better.  Get rid of that crutch and just live life because it is there and on your own terms.  In the long run you will be healthier for it.

perhaps "getting rid of your crutch" wasn't the most sensitive way of putting this if the writer is an amputee.

But now that I've read his posts with an argument of :"We cannot be sure of anything;therefore God" he is a complete idiot and I wouldn't worry about hurting his feelings.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:22:11 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
lucifer you say that is truth is power which is most definitely true. do you claim to hold the truth?

in regards to lucifer this statement that "All logic vanishes when you call atheism a type of faith, which has been pointed out to you repeatedly." defies logic itself.

The god of the Bible is real. This website was created by the real Lucifer, so that curious people can visit here any time and actually talk to Lucifer and hear his side of the story. Tell your friends!
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

rob

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
in regards to hatter23 where did you get your moral authority anyway, evolution?

and lot thanks for coming out with the truth i will print this blog out  for all my friends in sunday school. maybe ill name the lesson how to out argue the religion of athiesm

one,
dIgI

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
i will print this blog out  for all my friends in sunday school. maybe ill name the lesson how to out argue the religion of athiesm...

...Thereby condemning all the honest ones to lose every single debate about atheism that they engage in, and possibly lose their faith as well.  The dishonest ones will just continue to pretend that they won the debate, learn nothing from the experience, and spiral deeper into religious delusion.  If this is how you treat your friends at church, I shudder to think of how you would treat your enemies.

give me a reason not to believe and still live! and not a reason that is finite or not real!

Stop worrying about "reasons" and just live your life to the best of your ability.  Don't expect for there to be a single overriding purpose for Life, the Universe and everything -- There probably isn't any such thing.  IMO, purpose does not and cannot exist in the future; it can only exist in the present.

christianity really does make alot of sense and jesus would definitely be a good choice of charecter from what ive read.

You think that Christianity makes sense?  *snort* *giggle*

Are you talking about the belief that: 
  • All of humanity is fatally flawed from birth with something called "sin," acquired (and somehow inherited from generation to generation) because a couple of morally nescient proto-humans took advice from a Talking Snake™?
  • And the god who was upstaged by said Talking Snake™ is such a weakling that it can't coexist with this "sin" stuff?
  • And the only way to put this mess right is to force humans -- Under pain of eternal torture -- to agree to accept a human sacrifice?
Ah.  This must be some strange new definition of "makes sense" that I previously wasn't aware of.

Seriously, if you think that accepting the alleged sacrifice of Jesus makes you a better person, you've got a really big problem.  Please take your moral compass in for servicing at the first possible opportunity.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
in regards to hatter23 where did you get your moral authority anyway, evolution?

and lot thanks for coming out with the truth i will print this blog out  for all my friends in sunday school. maybe ill name the lesson how to out argue the religion of athiesm

one,
dIgI

well, at least you'll have a lovely example of how Christians ignore their own bible and god and lie constantly.  How nice for you! 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »

one,
dIgI
well, at least you'll have a lovely example of how Christians ignore their own bible and god and lie constantly.  How nice for you!

Is he just a liar?, because it seems more like a troll to me. Though this post is rather obvious evidence of lying....given what he previously stated his age was.

He is pulling all the basic hot button strawmen out, even when they don't apply. So very trollish looking to me.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:13:29 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
Is he just a liar?, because it seems more like a troll to me. Though this post is rather obvious evidence of lying....given what he previously stated his age was.

He is pulling all the basic hot button strawmen out, even when they don't apply. So very trollish looking to me.

oh very trollish too, but intentionally trying to misrepresent atheism as a "religion", a lovely and oft repeated lie.  I wonder how much he has to pray to get that sin taking of his "book of life". 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »

one,
dIgI
You do know that lotanddaughters was being purely sarcastic, right?  I realize it's hard for someone of your age[1] to detect sarcasm, especially over the internet, but the correct response would have been to ask rather than take such a 180-degree statement at face value.  Maybe you should name the lesson, "How to lose an argument with atheists", because if you took this to a disinterested third party and asked their opinion, they would certainly confirm that you got the worst of things by far.
 1. as evidenced by your statement of sharing this with your friends in Sunday School; a 34-year old adult would not need to attend Sunday School in the first place, and if they were a teacher of Sunday School, they would not refer to the actual students as their friends.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »
Jaime, we actually had an adults class in what we called our sunday school.  So it's not totally out of the question.  Age doesnt' speak anythign towards intelligence. 

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
This 'discussion' reeks of insincerity.

Possibly a poe; definitely a troll.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
Jaime, we actually had an adults class in what we called our sunday school.  So it's not totally out of the question.  Age doesnt' speak anythign towards intelligence.
Perhaps, but I still don't see it as likely.  I can grant that he might be a teacher of Sunday School who's going to make this into a 'lesson', but if that were the case, I consider it to be highly inappropriate for him to refer to students, even students his own age, as friends.  And if he's not a teacher, why is he talking about making a lesson?

The 'age' comment is because it's been demonstrated that teenagers and children have trouble with things like sarcasm that adults can pick up on more easily and readily.  On the other hand, this could just as easily be because of the problem most people have detecting things like sarcasm over the Internet.  So I could be wrong here, and if I am, then I'll retract it.  But so far, I'm unconvinced that he's in his thirties.  It isn't just the Sunday School thing, either.  The way he writes does not suggest the maturity of a 30+ adult, for one thing.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2011, 07:09:31 PM »
Perhaps, but I still don't see it as likely.  I can grant that he might be a teacher of Sunday School who's going to make this into a 'lesson', but if that were the case, I consider it to be highly inappropriate for him to refer to students, even students his own age, as friends.  And if he's not a teacher, why is he talking about making a lesson?

The 'age' comment is because it's been demonstrated that teenagers and children have trouble with things like sarcasm that adults can pick up on more easily and readily.  On the other hand, this could just as easily be because of the problem most people have detecting things like sarcasm over the Internet.  So I could be wrong here, and if I am, then I'll retract it.  But so far, I'm unconvinced that he's in his thirties.  It isn't just the Sunday School thing, either.  The way he writes does not suggest the maturity of a 30+ adult, for one thing.

I second that his writing shows a lack of sophistication that would either indicate middle school age, or English as a second language. However, given the general lack of maturity in content, but at least knowing the typical hot button troll issues for atheists....somewhere between 12 and 16 years of age.

But that's just speculation, really it is just another troll operating under the mistaken notion that irritating equals clever.

rob

« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2011, 10:12:13 PM »
no im not sophisticated(dont care about being that anyway)nor am i  that smart or intelligent compared to this world especially in literacy, i agree. i dont sit around and ponder athiesm or philosophy. no i dont know the same definitions of things that you know nor do i know what a poe or a nihillism is or anything else you talk about or say like that, nor am i that good at grammer, but yesterday i know that i know what i was revealed and given is some of the greatest knowledge and revelation of wisdom i personally have ever known or received.

1.i found out and actually understand now that i am purely a being of faith.
2.i found out that our soul/ mind is molecule for molecule what faith is.
3.absolute truth is whatever you believe.
4.their is no escaping faith!!!!!!it is, what it is , what it is.

the most ironic thing to me, is that i got this revelation from an athiest website.

pick on me call me names or whatever i dont care i gained alot of freedom. thats what matters most for me. i hope yall have a good life eventhough i still dont understand how you can know what good is, besides listening to whatever society tells you. the way i understand it, is that you are striving to be a  slave to the rules of man and i am striving to be a slave to love.

at this moment i know that faith operates by love, and that perfect love casts out fear but i just dont know or understand how yet, and that is the revelation of absolute understanding that i am working on now. that will be beautiful.

peacerob
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:06:43 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
oh yeah i guess its sad to say from your perspective and because i guess you compare me to your own intellectual/(aka faith womb)  grandness but i really am 34 years of age and no im not troll or poe or whatever.

rob

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »
no im not that smart or intelligent, i agree. i dont sit around and ponder athiesm or philosophy. no i dont know the same definitions of things that you know nor do i know what a poe or a nihillism is or anything else you talk about or say like that, nor am i that good at grammer, but yesterday i know that i know what i was revealed and given is some of the greatest knowledge and revelation of wisdom i personally have ever known or received.

1.i found out and actually understand now that i am purely a being of faith.
2.i found out that our soul/ mind is molecule for molecule what faith is.
3.absolute truth is whatever you believe.
4.their is no escaping faith!!!!!!it is, what it is , what it is.

the most ironic thing to me, is that i got this revelation from an athiest website.

pick on me call me names or whatever i dont care i gained alot of freedom. thats what matters most for me. i hope yall have a good life eventhough i still dont understand how you can know what good is, besides listening to whatever society tells you. the way i understand it, is that you are striving to be a  slave to the rules of man and i am striving to be a slave to love.

at this moment i know that faith operates by love, and that perfect love casts out fear but i just dont know or understand how yet, and that is the revelation of absolute understanding that i am working on now. that will be beautiful.

peacerob

sorry i did not mean to repost that quote dont even know how i did that cause i was trying to figure that out yesterday. no i dont teach sunday school nor will this be a lesson.(that was a lie because yall were gangin up on me and i wanted to aggrevate you at that moment and yes i kind of knew he was being sarcastic though not completely sure) im sure you didnt always understand where i was coming from nor did i always understand where you were coming from. personally for me it was a great experience but i cant change your mind about anything. whatever you believe is absolute truth so dont stop believing, i guess, if it makes you happy. though i personally believe in something totally different. i think faith could be explained like a shadow, the only way to get away from it is to be in the dark.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:09:58 PM by rob »

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »
Faith is like a shadow, huh?  Between the fact that shadows are always distorted, and that when you're looking at shadows you're ignoring the real world, that's a good analogy for how useless faith is for actually discovering anything.

Of course, I know that what you meant is that 'everyone' has faith, like everyone has a shadow, but frankly that's a statement made from ignorance.  Faith is belief in something not provable.  If you can prove it, or work towards proving it, it isn't based on faith.  Science can be progressively proven to be more and more true (including evolutionary theory), therefore it is not based on faith, and your proposition that everyone has faith is false.

rob

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
evolution will never be  absolute argue that till u r blue in the face

and that statement i made was the only thing i said thats not absolute just clever to me

in fact tell me all the rasons why evolution is true i got all night

theory does not equal absolute evolution is only absolute cause you believe

faith in evolution comes by hearing, and hearing comes by reading books on evolution
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:51:02 PM by rob »

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
... whether or not god is real my feelings are REAL no matter what you say and now they are in a  worse place than they were when i got on the internet. and ussually 100 percent of the time i feel better after i read a few testimonies. thanks for taking away my medicine and decreasing what little faith and hope i had.

Oh, cherry-picking for positive testimonies? Is that how you have to self-medicate? You need to consume saccharine stories for a diabetic high to make yourself believe in god.  Really?  How's that been working for ya?  Probably not so good if you had to visit a rational website looking for a hit.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2011, 05:16:11 AM »
I've never understood what trolls get out of trolling. Does this kind of shit actually entertain them? I mean, you really have to be like 11 years old to find this kind of immature bullshit entertaining.

I can understand, given the anonymity of the internet, that some people feel the desire to pretend to be someone they are not and just flat out lie to compensate for their real life shortcomings...

But trolling for kicks? ... People who feel the need to troll for their personal entertainment are such a disgrace to the human race.

I come to this site to have meaningful, thoughtful conversations. Not for this shit.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
well, rob does a lovely job at showing how willful ignorance is all Christians really have.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »
evolution will never be  absolute argue that till u r blue in the face
I never suggested that it was absolute.  But evolution has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.  The only time faith is necessary for something is when there is no way to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Quote from: rob
and that statement i made was the only thing i said thats not absolute just clever to me
Your other statements are no more 'absolute'.  They are nothing but statements based on ignorance.  You are not purely a being of faith as you cannot lose faith in yourself and stop existing.  The mind and soul are not related to faith in any way, shape, or form, certainly not molecule-by-molecule as you stated.  Absolute truth can never be determined by belief because the truth is not affected by belief.  And if faith is something that is not necessary, then it can be 'escaped', or rather, disregarded.

in fact tell me all the rasons why evolution is true i got all night
Unlike you, I don't have all night.  I have to sleep sometime, and I have to work for a living.  I only have so much time available for other things, and I don't have time to sit and list all of the various reasons that evolution is true merely so you can pretend that your statement about truth being what one believes is accurate.  If you really have all night and are truly interested in trying to evaluate the truthfulness of evolutionary theory, I suggest Google as a starting point.  That will be far more efficient than me looking everything up for you.

theory does not equal absolute evolution is only absolute cause you believe
And when did I say that evolution was absolute?  You are the one assuming that it is, but you are wrong.  I consider evolution to be true as we currently understand it, but there's always room for improving our understanding of it and other things.  So there's no way it can be 'absolute'.

faith in evolution comes by hearing, and hearing comes by reading books on evolution
Leaving aside the oddity of talking about 'hearing' by reading, the fact is that I don't have faith in scientific theories.  I have the understanding that they prove true when tested, and when they do not prove true, they are revised to account for that.  That is enough for me.  You have faith in your religious beliefs because you cannot prove them to be true, therefore you can only hold them to be true by having faith in them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:46:27 AM by jaimehlers »

rob

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
no one has proof of truth, it is corrupt to say that. just like our justice system is flawed your argument is flawed. i am glad to know that you do not claim an absolute truth that clears alot up for me and you beliefs.

explain this to someone wrongly convicted of a crime they did not commit, there is a chance of error.
innocent people serve life sentences because of reasonable doubt all the time. with that being said all people/ general public are either innocent or guilty so that makes all people a person of interest. there is no way to escape this conclusion. the general public is either guilty or not. (state of limbo or in my argument FAITH)

so i guess your belief in evolution is definitely flawed beyond a reasonable doubt because there is legitimate proof that people are wrongly convicted on the basis of reasonable doubt. so in a court of law your argument would lose because i have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that your argument is not betyond a reasonable doubt. i dont claim i can proove Christianity to you, but to me it just makes more since because we have been created as faithbeings( that is who we are to our innermost core being) and that is a matter of faith. i know where you come from with your beliefs and how you conclude your philosophy.

by the way we are also just as much an emotional/ love/ fear being as we are a faith being.

how does athiesm decide what is moral or what is love/ hate/ fear where did that moral authority originate from? and how and why? and do you conclude that since evolution is not absolute that the only absolute is that we are a being of faith and love?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:38:09 PM by rob »

rob

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »
hearing is just another word for understanding or knowing. sorry.

in reply to chronos statement i would like to say that the way you just explained it is exactly how i explained it to my wife when i told her i like to read others healing testimonies it just help my faith and adds to my love.

you can judge me but you are not my judge so i really dont care what society thinks about me.

YOUR JUDGE/GOD IS SOCIETY OR YOUR OWN VANITY.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:43:22 PM by rob »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
no one has proof of truth, it is corrupt to say that. just like our justice system is flawed your argument is flawed. i am glad to know that you do not claim an absolute truth that clears alot up for me and you beliefs.

explain this to someone wrongly convicted of a crime they did not commit, there is a chance of error.
innocent people serve life sentences because of reasonable doubt all the time. with that being said all people/ general public are either innocent or guilty so that makes all people a person of interest. there is no way to escape this conclusion. the general public is either guilty or not. (state of limbo or in my argument FAITH)

so i guess your belief in evolution is definitely flawed beyond a reasonable doubt because there is legitimate proof that people are wrongly convicted on the basis of reasonable doubt. so in a court of law your argument would lose because i have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that your argument is not betyond a reasonable doubt. i dont claim i can proove Christianity to you, but to me it just makes more since because we have been created as faithbeings( that is who we are to our innermost core being) and that is a matter of faith. i know where you come from with your beliefs and how you conclude your philosophy.

by the way we are also just as much an emotional/ love/ fear being as we are a faith being.

You said you're 34.  If you're 34, then why can't you clean up your grammar and punctuations?  As it is, your posts comes off as word salad.

how does athiesm decide what is moral or what is love/ hate/ fear where did that moral authority originate from? and how and why?

First of all, "atheism" does not decide anything.  Individuals decides what is moral and what isn't.

Second, we get morality from our sense of compassion/empathy.  Can you explain how, why, and where your god got his morality from?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »

as always it's entertaining to watch someone who has no idea or understanding of evolution attack it.  Rob, your ignorance is astounding.  Now that can be helped by education, but I'm guesing you are against that too.  You are such an amazing hypocrite.  You attack and deride the same science that you benefit from everyday.  That same science supports evolutionary theory and that very theory keeps you healthy thanks to our understanding of it by allowing us to work with antibiotics.  Your food, your medicine, the computer you are typing on depend on the science you claim is wrong. 

It's a shame that people like you can use that science.  To keep you from being such hypocrites, you should be relegated to living in mud huts with just as much chance of dying of diarrhea as those primitives you take your religion from.   

rob

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
again why all the personal attacks about my worldly knowledge. i dont claim to have absolute truth on worldly knowledge again i will state NOR DO I WANT IT( screw sophistication, looks, clothes or anything else of the sort. it profits me nothing.) for you i guess it means everything though. i am no ones judge why do you act like you are mine.