Author Topic: RE: Iinteresting [#2622]  (Read 486 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
RE: Iinteresting [#2622]
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
(MODERATOR'S NOTE: This appears to be a reply to responses to an email posted before I took over the mailbag.  I've looked for the original but can't locate it... if someone else knows which one it is, please let me know, and I'll link to it here in the OP.  Thank you.)

----------

am sorry i cant reply from my other email...
unfortunately for the person who said am using a compiuter, i was not.it was a simple nokia fone.am also aware that am writin sm names in short form...its my choice how i choose to write....u do get the msg , dont u?
pple...pple....pple. dont get emotional.if u dont bliv in God, dont. but u hav heard of Him now...i know, not every man who claims to b a beleiver is Godly....heck,i think most crimes in the world r commitd by baptised pple...even i am a sinner...i will not sit on a higher throne an judge anybody...am not holier than thou...i wont get to heaven bcos of been good or bcos of my belief but by the mercies of God...'we hav all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God' says the bible...u c, as a believer, wen the burden of my sins weighs down on me,i have sm1 to run to to set me free, and thats Jesus.i run to Him & He forgives me...
u say,how can God create u n burn u,but u forget He sent His only son to die for u so that u wont hav to face any hell....
the bible is true n factual and real...u cant argue with its historical facts...for those of u who cant tap in the spiritual....its names and places mentiponed therein are real now arent they?
once mo,am from kenya...not any other country...
and here,we face problems just like pple from all over the world do...
i LOVE GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART....even if i burn in hell for my sins, i will sing it there of th goodness of God...i should know,for i hav drunk in His goodness...
if Hindus and Muslims also have miracles,well and good,i cant tell u of their God...but i will tell u of my God and the things He's done for me that are more than moving skyscrappers or growing back amputated limbs....
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: RE: Iinteresting [#2622]
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
...Learn some English. Please.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
I want to live in a skyscrapper!

Anyway, if you want anyone to believe the Bible is factual, you'll have to join the forum and lay it out for us.  We are always willing to listen.  Are you strong enough to lay out your factual evidence of the Bible for us all to see?  You could convert tons of atheists, and be a real hero to baby Jesus!

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »
It's hard to take this seriously when the spelling and grammar are atrocious.

unfortunately for the person who said am using a compiuter, i was not.it was a simple nokia fone

Now what does this part even mean?  Is this even english?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
It's hard to take this seriously when the spelling and grammar are atrocious.

unfortunately for the person who said am using a compiuter, i was not.it was a simple nokia fone

Now what does this part even mean?  Is this even english?

My best guess, the writer was sitting in church, gobbling up the God love, and was distracted to the point that they had to text their reply via their smartphone.  Which is not a great endorsement for Nokia, I suppose.  Well, at least for their spell-check!

I suppose that being distracted enough to respond to atheist rhetoric while in church is a good thing?  This reply was probably done while pretending to have hands clasped in prayer, but actually thumb texting secretly, so as to avoid being caught by the preacher in charge, or the nosy neighbors in the pew.

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »
am sorry i cant reply from my other email...
unfortunately for the person who said am using a compiuter, i was not.it was a simple nokia fone.am also aware that am writin sm names in short form...its my choice how i choose to write....u do get the msg , dont u?
pple...pple....pple. dont get emotional.if u dont bliv in God, dont. but u hav heard of Him now...i know, not every man who claims to b a beleiver is Godly....heck,i think most crimes in the world r commitd by baptised pple...even i am a sinner...i will not sit on a higher throne an judge anybody...am not holier than thou...i wont get to heaven bcos of been good or bcos of my belief but by the mercies of God...'we hav all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God' says the bible...u c, as a believer, wen the burden of my sins weighs down on me,i have sm1 to run to to set me free, and thats Jesus.i run to Him & He forgives me...
u say,how can God create u n burn u,but u forget He sent His only son to die for u so that u wont hav to face any hell....
the bible is true n factual and real...u cant argue with its historical facts...for those of u who cant tap in the spiritual....its names and places mentiponed therein are real now arent they?
once mo,am from kenya...not any other country...
and here,we face problems just like pple from all over the world do...
i LOVE GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART....even if i burn in hell for my sins, i will sing it there of th goodness of God...i should know,for i hav drunk in His goodness...
if Hindus and Muslims also have miracles,well and good,i cant tell u of their God...but i will tell u of my God and the things He's done for me that are more than moving skyscrappers or growing back amputated limbs....

Translation:

Gentlemen and Ladies (And tadpoles),

I am sorry I cannot reply from my other e-mail address. Also, unfortunately for the person who insinuated that I was using a shitty computer earlier, I was actually using a simple, elegant and uber awesome Nokia phone. I am aware that I am writing text-speak in even shorter forms..but I assert that it is ultimately my choice on how I write. You do get the message, do you not?

MEN AND WOMEN OF ATHENS WWGHA, I beg you not to get emotional. If you don't believe in God, yet you've heard of him, then why the emotion? Look, not every man who claims to be a believer is godly. Hell, I think most crimes in the world are committed by those who are baptized. Even I AM A SINNER! I will not sit on my high throne and judge anybody. I am not going to display this attitude of "holier than thou". Besides, I won't get to heaven because of my beliefs, I will get there by the mercy of God. We've ALL sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, according to the Bible. You see, as a believer, when the burden of sin weighs me down, I have someone to run to relieve this burden from me.

And that someone is Jesus Freaking Christ.

I run to Him and He embraces me with his long, strong brown arms and kisses me deeply and passionately while gazing into my eyes as I quiver with breathless excitement forgives me. You ask, how could God create you and burn you? How is that right? You forget one crucial thing my fellows: He sent His only son to die for you so that you won't have to face any time in hell. The Bible is without a doubt true, real and factual. You can't argue against the overwhelming historicity of the Bible. For those of you who can't tap into the spiritual, then how about looking at cold, hard evidence? I mean, the names and places mentioned in the Bible are real, aren't they?

Sigh, once more, I am from Kenya, and here, we face problems just like people from all over the world do. Yet despite the difficulties in life, I LOVE GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Even if I BURN in hell for my sins, I will SING of the goodness of God while I burn and rot. I know I will..for I have drunk in His goodness.

If Hindus and Muslims also have miracles, well, good! I can't tell you of their Gods..but I will tell you of MY God and the things he has done for me that are more than moving skyscrapers or growing back amputated limbs!
The Second C

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +380/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »
Lolcats 4 Jeesus!  Repent an u can haz salvashun 2! Ceiling Cat wuvs u!
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
C - that was fairly spectacular!  Thanks for the LOL moment.  ;D

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »
Adv't which I saw on buses a long time ago:

if u cn rd ths u cn bcm a steno n gt a gd jb

Words to live by.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
u cant argue with its historical facts...for those of u who cant tap in the spiritual....its names and places mentiponed therein are real now arent they?

Camels were domesticated about 1000 BC.  The Bible has Abram (Abraham) being paid in livestock including camels for pimping Sarai (Sarah) about 2000 BC.  There is evidence of camel caravan trade from Arabia about 700 BC but the Bible has him sold by his brothers to an Arab camel caravan about 1800 BC.

The historical fact is that the Old Testament was largely written under the auspices of King Josiah and contains anachronisms that fit his era.

Greek mythology:  Theseus fought the Minotaur and was king of Athens.  Athens exists so bull-human hybrids must also.   Helen was Queen of Sparta and the Greeks besieged a city for 10 years with neither of them running out of food.  Sparta exists so the Trojan War must've taken 10 years, not the one year that real long sieges took.  Oedipus killed a monster who asked riddles called the Sphinx and was acclaimed King of Corinth.  Corinth exists so ...  You get the picture.

Greek mythology on the other hand has unidentified places like the land of the Gorgons and the Lotus Eaters.

Ezekiel denounces Gog, the king of Magog.  Neither of these can be identified.

In one book Jesus sends demon(s) into a herd of pigs that commit suicide by jumping off a cliff into a lake.   In one book that is at Gedara (Luke and Mark) or Gerasa (Matthew), cities that are east of the Jordan river and nowhere near any body of water.  Later manuscripts of Matthew (some suspect tampering by Origen) have "of the Gergesenes" which means "of the wanderers".  In any case there are no cliffs at the Sea of Galilee  and it says that Jesus set sail with a commercial ship that took him away from the shore.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »

unfortunately for the person who said am using a compiuter, i was not.it was a simple nokia fone.

At least turn the damn t9 function on. I mean, seriously. Even cheap phones come with t9. You managed to hit the associated buttons at least 5 times to type out and emphasize

LOVE GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

but you can bother to type out complete words otherwise. I mean, damn.

its my choice how i choose to write....u do get the msg , dont u?

Sure, the message is there, but are you to be taken seriously. Probably not.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.