OK--- long time coming but I'm finally ready to take this project to the next level, and be more pro-active in defense of atheist rights. For those who would like to help or be involved in some way, I would really like this to be a community effort. If you can help write, proof-read, or fact check the information, or design templates and layouts for pamphlets, tri-fold flyers, billboards, etc, please add me on MSN, email@example.com
. To do immediately (over next 2 months)
1. build a website,
2. get pamphlet publishing cost estimates,
3. create nonprofit organization to collect donations
4. begin collecting donations through Kickstarter, Keva, Reddit, Facebook to offset initial creation costs of said materials Next 2-6 months
5. write, design, and print initial sample run.
6. offer print-ready templates for download through website
7. publicize and collect volunteers through Facebook, Reddit, etc.
8. translate materials into other languagesAfter that
9. Sponsor booths at state fairs, and other events where the theists typically hand out their propaganda (to be organized and paid for in part by donations and in part by local atheist/freethinker/humanist organizations)
10. create support network of trustworthy people who would be willing to shelter those who have been kicked out of their homes or fear violence from their families for their atheism. Something like this already exists on Reddit.com/r/atheisthaven but it could use more organization and accessibility.
11. create a jobsforatheists website for people who have been fired or are afraid to be fired for being atheist.