Author Topic: Butterball Blessing Turkeys in Allah’s Name  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Butterball Blessing Turkeys in Allah’s Name
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
Butterball Blessing Turkeys in Allah’s Name

“Halal slaughter involves cutting the trachea, the esophagus and the jugular vein and letting the blood drain out while saying, ‘Bismillah allahu akbar’ – ‘in the name of Allah the greatest,’” explains Pamela Geller, author of “Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance.” “Many people refuse to eat it on religious grounds. Many Christians, Hindus or Sikhs and Jews find it offensive to eat meat slaughtered according to Islamic ritual.”

Worse: If cutting an animal in a certain way and repeating 3 words while it bleeds to death is what is required before you can eat a piece of meat, you and I are going to have some serious communication problems because I am going to find it hard to take your position seriously.

Worser: The one who refuses to eat the meat after the ridiculous tribal ritual takes place -- just because it wasn't his tribal ritual.

Worst: Both people above think that I am a loon.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Butterball Blessing Turkeys in Allah’s Name
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
Sounds better than what a lot of animals go thru in slaughter houses.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +55/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »
It just proves that no amount of BS is beneath an American Christian.  What's worse: they're proud of it.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »
It just proves that no amount of BS is beneath an American Christian.  What's worse: they're proud of it.

Geller (or Gellar) is a Jewish name.  Pamela Geller is a J-E-Hebrew.

Curiously, she is popular among some right wing groups in Germany.

(Sarah Michelle Gellar's parents are Jewish.  She says "I don't believe in organized religion and I never have.")
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:40:05 PM by Historicity »

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
“Halal slaughter involves cutting the trachea, the esophagus and the jugular vein and letting the blood drain out while saying, ‘Bismillah allahu akbar’ – ‘in the name of Allah the greatest,’” explains Pamela Geller, author of “Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance.”

Also, the slaughterer must be a Moslem.  Or a Jew.  Or a Christian.

The Koran contradicts itself repeatedly depending on whether Mohammed was having a bad hair day.  Sometimes Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians are fellow believers tho less than perfect.  Sometimes they are God damned infidels.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 08:47:58 AM »
Customer service representatives from Butterball, one of America’s most popular Turkey brands, confirmed to WND that the company’s whole turkeys are – without being labeled as such – slaughtered according to Islamic “halal” standards.

I seriously doubt that Butterball hires only Muslims to kill its turkeys while imams chant over them. They're probably just certifying that their normal practices don't violate any halal rules, making their turkeys okay for Muslims to eat. But if right-wing Christians want to torture themselves with the idea that their Thanksgiving turkey is secretly Islamic (just like our president!), let them go for it. They really seem to get off on pointless, manufactured outrage. (I wonder how many fights they'll start at dinner tables today?)

Maybe next year some pastor can offer a line of "Christian turkeys", guaranteed to be non-halal!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
Jesus Christ, read the comments under that article for some real crazy stuff...morons vowing to throw out their turkeys, boycott Butterball etc....apparently poultry is just the beginning, if we eat it, soon all our women will be forced into burkas, and the terrorists win...

"This is the start , granted in a small way , but nevertheless the start of slowly and slyly turning America into a Muslim nation. ... You will wake up one day and find your mother or girlfriend can no longer drive or leave the house without a man with her . Oh ! NO!..."
"I think we should put the big C130 aircraft into service and spray the whole USA with pig blood and juices."
"I say we just mandate that all food have a certain percentage of pig content."
"I will never buy any BB product again. I am a Catholic, not a towel head and I resent having my country taken over by these people."
"Kosher bothers me not one little bit, but praising some cult’s false god is way over the top."
"IF IT WAS BLESSED BY ALAH.IT WON’T TASTE GOOD."
"I called and the girl said they followed US guidelines for turkeys. That did it, I told her that the US Government is all to happy to turn us into an Islamic nation, this is just one more nail in our coffin. Told her I threw my turkey away and went out and bought a goose."
"One of these Terrorist Birds are sure to grace the Whitehouse table. I will eat a TURD from a Camels Ass before I will buy a Butterball, High Dollar Turkey…ever again!!"
"Maybe we need to start celebrating Thanksgiving by roasting a Muslim, and I think very soon they will be showing up mysteriously dead all over America."
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! I will pray over the turkey...That should cast out any demons that might be lurking under the skin."

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:19 AM »
I see why Obama is pulling our troops from Iraq.  It's time to start the war at home.  It's time to start the War on Thanksgiving.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:17:02 AM »
Ha...thanks for posting those Jed...seems America is still the land of idiots.  No wonder the world loves us so much!  I can't help but wonder how the rest of the world looks at us when comments like this are posted for all to see.  Disgusting...

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
^ To be fair, there were a few people trying to be voices of reason, (and getting attacked by the others), but I left those comments out since they weren't very funny...

I think my favorite might be the woman who's planning to pray the Islamic demons out of her turkey. (I guess instead of grace, they're starting dinner with an exorcism!)  What an active fantasy life some people have - imagine believing that a divine battle between good and evil is taking place inside your dinner!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »
^ To be fair, there were a few people trying to be voices of reason, (and getting attacked by the others), but I left those comments out since they weren't very funny...

I think my favorite might be the woman who's planning to pray the Islamic demons out of her turkey. (I guess instead of grace, they're starting dinner with an exorcism!)  What an active fantasy life some people have - imagine believing that a divine battle between good and evil is taking place inside your dinner!
That is one way to get the stuffing out of the turkey.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
How did this country survive for 200+ years. :o

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
Wow. I am absolutely flabbergasted. With all the cruel and horrible practices in today's factory farms and slaughterhouses they choose to complain about a stupid prayer being said over the turkey? WTF???
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »
Naturally the civilized Scandinavians have the most humane methods of slaughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=B-OFXUaMIv8

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
Ahhh, the only difference between a halal and a kosher turkey is the halal one can be stuffed with crab meat.

Moslems can eat oysters, too.

Christians and Christian doctors were very important in the medieval Moslem world.  Upper class Moslems would come to them to get prescriptions for wine.  Islam has a religious exemption "for medicinal purposes only".

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
Well, there was one sensible comment on that page:

Tea Bag
November 23, 2011 at 8:39 pm
Just get rid of all religion. Problem solved. Not only is “muslim” a problem, so is “christianity” in this picture

One of the ignorami prostested that Thanksgiving is a Christian holiday.  Yeah, in which church?

Thanksgiving, BTW, was intro'd in 1863 by Lincoln and is vaguely based on lots of harvest festivals.

I went to Butterball's website and keyed in "halal" into the Search.  I got:
Sorry, your search for "halal" did not yield results.
    Did you spell all words correctly?
    Try using a different keyword or a more general term.
    Try using multiple keywords.
    Try using fewer keywords.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
Well, apparently the idiocy isn't just limited to America. A lawmaker in Australia is worried that his countrymen are being "pushed down the path of conversion" by unwittingly eating halal meat at their barbecues...

We are unknowingly being converted to Islam, says Simpkins
http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/We-are-unknowingly-being-converted-to-Islam-says-Simpkins/7608910/

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »

I actually took that comment as being a Poe...it made me chuckle. Of course, by definition, she could well be serious.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
AFAIK, Jews can also eat halal meat as it is prepared according to the same kosher standards.  Allah just means god in Arabic, so unless the US is against the whole Arabic language, as opposed to praying over a turkey per se, I don't see the problem.  :?

Of course there is no problem, so these people have to make some up. Why don't they do something real with their outrage? Like raise taxes to fix our infrastructure--if all the bridges fall down, the terrorists win. I'm sure a homeless shelter would have plenty of people more than happy to eat their evil demon-soaked halal turkey. Brined in tasty Satan-sauce.  &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
In the Australian link I found this comment:
Jemz
25/11/2011

Wow! This proves my theory that by watching American crap we become crap Americanos! What a state of affairs Mr Simpkins, you and anyone else who endorses your argument can only be described as an international embarrasment!

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 10:37:27 PM »
So, it occurs to me that the only possible objection could be that the halal process actually changes the meat in some way. This says to me that they believe halal magic actually works. Taking this to the logical conclusion, the christian complainers believe in the islamic god, right?
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »
So, it occurs to me that the only possible objection could be that the halal process actually changes the meat in some way.

No, the objection is to an American company pandering to a group we see as our enemy during a national holiday. I see it as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
So, it occurs to me that the only possible objection could be that the halal process actually changes the meat in some way.

No, the objection is to an American company pandering to a group we see as our enemy during a national holiday. I see it as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
Hmmm. When does "marketing" become "pandering"? When you are not part of the group being marketed to, I guess. There is an awful lot of pandering to Christians by retailers this time of the year....

Do you really think American Muslims (presumably the market for a halal Thanksgiving turkey) are "the enemy"? Even the Muslims currently serving in the US armed forces? Should we be rooting them out of our communities, perhaps making them wear a certain color star on their clothes to identify them? You can't be too safe, you know...
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
Speak for yourself.  I don't consider all Muslims to be "the enemy", and I find it both offensive and disturbing when I see someone unable or unwilling to make what should be a relatively straightforward distinction between terrorists and non-terrorists.

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »
O, No... the demons they released into my turkey... &) aww man them demon were good.. :D
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »

Why do you think that Americans consider Muslims, as a group, to be their enemy?  Taking it as a given that some of you do:  Who was responsible for convincing you that this is the case?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
The Best turkey for thanksgiving is from turkeys that have been feed Catholic church consecrated Eucharist wafers just before being lathered with pig fat and clam juice and killed by being strangled by a mormon's magic underwear, and roasted over a burning copy of the Koran. Served with deviled eggs of course..
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
Why do you think that Americans consider Muslims, as a group, to be their enemy?  Taking it as a given that some of you do:  Who was responsible for convincing you that this is the case?

Any follower of a delusion that not only seeks to con others out of life's joy, but harms and robs mankind of their freedoms, are our enemy, whether we want to see it or not.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
So in other words, they are as much an enemy of America as most Americans are.  I fail to see the distinction that Joe was trying to draw.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.