Author Topic: Does God have limited vision (i.e. poor eyesight)?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Eaten by Bears

• Student
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Does God have limited vision (i.e. poor eyesight)?
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
In Genesis it says:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

Does this mean that God can only see light in the same visible spectrum that humans can?

This suggests he needs the same sort of visible light that we see to perceive things himself, otherwise he would surely just look in other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and not deem anything 'dark'?

Does this make sense? Or seem all-powerful? Does God use a torch at night?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Does God have limited vision (i.e. poor eyesight)?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
well, being that humans created God, God has the same limitations that they did.   Adam & Eve could hide from God so he doesnt' have "x-ray" vision either.  ;)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
In Genesis it says:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

It's a mis-translation. Should actually read - "And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light, and you could see for fucking miles."
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • God will pardon me, that's his line of work
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »
True story. The KJV uses the word fucking several times I believe.... Mainly used just before Big G condemns men, women and children to death. "Fucking take that", he was fond of saying.

Its in there. Look it up. Its near the sports section if I recall correctly.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +47/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »
God was blind, but he created for himself a visor like the one worn by blind astronaut Geordi LaForge in 'Star Trek: the Next Generation' and so he can see more than the electromagnetic spectrum that ordinary humans can see.

It's because of this visor that god can see infra-red and look through the walls of your house to see you sinning when you think no one is watching. 

That's how god knows when people beat off.  He's uncomfortable seeing people beat off, that's why he has rules against beating off.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
God was blind, but he created for himself a visor like the one worn by blind astronaut Geordi LaForge in 'Star Trek: the Next Generation' and so he can see more than the electromagnetic spectrum that ordinary humans can see.

It's because of this visor that god can see infra-red and look through the walls of your house to see you sinning when you think no one is watching. 

That's how god knows when people beat off.  He's uncomfortable seeing people beat off, that's why he has rules against beating off.
Now, Im not sure about that.  I think God likes to watch.  That is why He is all seeing.  Hell, better than pay for view.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +47/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
Now, Im not sure about that.  I think God likes to watch.  That is why He is all seeing.  Hell, better than pay for view.

Oh, so god is like Creepy Dead Grampa in the comic 'Family Circus' who voyeuristically watches all the stuff little Jeffy does?

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
True story. The KJV uses the word fucking several times I believe.... Mainly used just before Big G condemns men, women and children to death. "Fucking take that", he was fond of saying.

Its in there. Look it up. Its near the sports section if I recall correctly.

lol... Yeah. I know the parts you're talking about. And there's a few sections where all the dialogue starts with "Truly I say unto you" and "Look, I'm fucking tellin' yas..."

'Course, my dad always used to say, when people start a sentence with things like "Honestly?" and "Truthfully?", there's a good chance that they're habitual liars if they feel such an overpowering need to let you know that they're being honest for a change.

I mean, when people talk to you, don't you naturally assume that they're speaking honestly? Hmmm???
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
'Course, my dad always used to say, when people start a sentence with things like "Honestly?" and "Truthfully?", there's a good chance that they're habitual liars if they feel such an overpowering need to let you know that they're being honest for a change.

I mean, when people talk to you, don't you naturally assume that they're speaking honestly? Hmmm???
I tend to overuse the words 'honestly' and 'truthfully'.  Am I a habitual liar?

I'm giving you a hard time, of course.  The reality is that I tend to use words like that (and "of course" and "frankly" and "seriously", etc) as verbal punctuation.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »

I tend to overuse the words 'honestly' and 'truthfully'.  Am I a habitual liar?

I'm giving you a hard time, of course.  The reality is that I tend to use words like that (and "of course" and "frankly" and "seriously", etc) as verbal punctuation.

Hey, I think my old man had a point. Example: The drummer for an old band I used to be in. Dude was just the most dishonest, lie-for-the-sake-of-it bastard you've ever met. The kind of guy that lies even when it's completely unneccessary. He'd invent entire weekends that never happened. "Oh yeah I flew out to Chicago to meet up with a chick."... Meanwhile he must have forgotten that I HUNG OUT WITH HIM on Saturday!

Anyway, he'd *always* preface his statements with "Honestly dude?" and "You want to know the truth?" That's when I realized, pops actually knew what he was talking about sometimes.

Ever since getting to know that kid, I've noticed my father's half-assed words of wisdom are often more accurate than not when it comes to people in general lol.

"Seriously" is kind of similar, but I hear and say "seriously" as more of an adjective than a qualifier.  <shrug>
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 10:50:42 PM »
God sees the world with long wave UV so he can spot all the spilled semen. That's really important to him..
 :o
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !