Author Topic: an update  (Read 369 times)

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
an update
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
Hello. There was a reason i never was here for a long time. You see... I've found Jesus Christ.

I've found him when he was at the corner of the street begging.

Ok, joking aside, i've been at facebook and i've really hadn't been debating any theists. considering that it is rather tiresome, i decided not to debate them anymore. also, i've been working on my stories and writing on my blogspot. i'm also fighting for equality for the lgbt. not very much, I was just using blog to speak out. i am working to save up some money so I can for a camcorder. Also, I want to tell you guys something.

I'm not only an atheist, but I'm.... well....

Bisexual.

Not sure if i'm going to come back here to talk, but i might come back again who knows. if anyone needs me, we can talk at facebook. or e-mail.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:22:53 PM by Timtheskeptic »
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: an update
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »
Good to hear from you.  You should definitely stop in now and then and share your thoughts.  Consider yourself twice as lucky as the gays and heteros!   ;D

Peace

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:18:58 AM »
Good of you to come out and say it mate, you didn't need to so the fact you have is respected.

Sorta sounds like you're a bit unsure of the reception you might get here, I'd like to think it would be positive.

All the best.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
welcome back tim.  Bisexual, omnisexual like Capt. Jack Harkness, it's all good  ;D  I suppose I probably would register as some level of bisexual but at this point I'm hetero since my one true love just happens to be a man  :)

and it does get tedious with theists.  Like whack-a-mole.  But I would think it'd get just as annoying with those afraid of the LGBT folks. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »
On a semi-related note: According to some research I've done, some people (even within the LGBT) deny the existence of bisexuality and say that bisexuals should just "make up their minds".
And, on a personal note related to the above: It is quite sad that one of the few groups of people I thought would understand what discrimination is and how bad it can get can still be discriminatory.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »

Bisexual.

Beats being xian. 

Does your old man know? 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »
On a semi-related note: According to some research I've done, some people (even within the LGBT) deny the existence of bisexuality and say that bisexuals should just "make up their minds"...

I sometimes wonder if its more likely that it's the other way around. A bell curve with strict homo or hetero on either end. I've seen that prejudice before, though, when a lesbian friend married a man. She loved both men and women, but in different ways. She found women more supportive as people, and liked men for sex. And she wanted a baby. Of course I'm vastly simplifying, but she lost a lot of lesbian friends when she "went straight". Years later she is still with the man, but its anyone's guess who she'd end up with if she were single again. Personally, I think love is a wonderful thing. As long as it's between consenting adults I don't see that it's anyone else's business.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
I sometimes wonder if its more likely that it's the other way around. A bell curve with strict homo or hetero on either end.

Please explain what you mean.

<snip>
She found women more supportive as people, and liked men for sex.
<snip>

Honestly, from my (admittedly limited) experience, I think it's the other way around[1]. :P
 1. Note that I've never had sex; I'm speaking of attractiveness.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »

Bisexual.

Beats being xian. 

Does your old man know?

not really i think, but he does know i'm supportive of lgbt rights.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
On a semi-related note: According to some research I've done, some people (even within the LGBT) deny the existence of bisexuality and say that bisexuals should just "make up their minds"...

I sometimes wonder if its more likely that it's the other way around. A bell curve with strict homo or hetero on either end. I've seen that prejudice before, though, when a lesbian friend married a man. She loved both men and women, but in different ways. She found women more supportive as people, and liked men for sex. And she wanted a baby. Of course I'm vastly simplifying, but she lost a lot of lesbian friends when she "went straight". Years later she is still with the man, but its anyone's guess who she'd end up with if she were single again. Personally, I think love is a wonderful thing. As long as it's between consenting adults I don't see that it's anyone else's business.

the way i see it, it's complicated for everyone regardless of their sexuality and everyone have a hard time figuring themselves out including what they've learned and heard around them like hateful words. As for bisexuality, i've heard the argument that they think we're confused or that we're being cowardly, or that we just like to have everyone. Here's how it is for me; i find both sexes attractive, but who i love and stay with is what matters. Sexuality of course is just labels and we should be comfortable with ourselves. as for that lesbian staying with a man, i don't know much about her feelings. it could be that she's struggling with herself. Who would i be with? no idea, but either way, as long as i'm loved just the way i am and vice versa, it's good. i could see myself with a guy, it's not that i wouldn't want to be with women, they're both fun. i can't be too sure if it's an even, or i'm leaning towards one another. well, i hadn't dated so i can't be too sure which way i feel.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
I sometimes wonder if its more likely that it's the other way around. A bell curve with strict homo or hetero on either end.

Please explain what you mean.

I mean that without all the societal conditioning, I wonder if people would be more likely to love with fewer conditions on who the object of their love is. I am a woman. As far as I can tell I'm straight, always have been, and will continue to be. But I don't really see the problem with being with a woman. I could imagine falling in love with a woman. If there weren't societal messages all around me, would I have been bi? I don't know. Might never know. But most people at least sometimes fantasize about the other sex. I'm not necessarily talking sexual fantasies here. I'm talking about living with, being with, caring about ... anyone. Regardless of their gender or sexual identity. The polarity of most societal thinking just doesn't quite seem natural to me. When most things actually come in a spectrum of possibilities. If you're computer savvy ... most things in life are analog, not digital. And it seems to me that sexuality might be one of those things. That most of us fall somewhere along the spectrum rather than on one end or the other. I've always kind of thought that, in theory anyway, why would we limit the potential pool of possible mates to only half the population?

Note that I acknowledge that many people form partnerships because they want children. Some of us don't want kids, and for those who do, child rearing is only a small percentage of a person's life. So I'm talking about forming partnerships for companionship.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
I've always kind of thought that, in theory anyway, why would we limit the potential pool of possible mates to only half the population?

I think that some people really do not find their gender sexually attractive (although I also think that if they find themselves attractive that they're lying about one of those. You can't have it both ways).

Note that I acknowledge that many people form partnerships because they want children. Some of us don't want kids, and for those who do, child rearing is only a small percentage of a person's life. So I'm talking about forming partnerships for companionship.

From what I've heard, people expect to have sex sometime before/during/after forming a companionship, which is kinda hard if you don't find the other person sexually attractive. However, I also think that sex is superfluous in a relationship, and that people should date and/or get married based on personality, not gender.
We choose our own gods.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
To the OP: welcome back! It's cool that you are comfortable with being bi and telling others about it. I think it is great to just be yourself and be happy.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
To the OP: welcome back! It's cool that you are comfortable with being bi and telling others about it. I think it is great to just be yourself and be happy.

yes, and thank you. i am very comfortable about myself.

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 10:13:03 PM »
welcome back tim.  Bisexual, omnisexual like Capt. Jack Harkness, it's all good  ;D  I suppose I probably would register as some level of bisexual but at this point I'm hetero since my one true love just happens to be a man  :)

and it does get tedious with theists.  Like whack-a-mole.  But I would think it'd get just as annoying with those afraid of the LGBT folks.

I think more people would register somewhere along the spectrum than would admit to it. I've always been strictly heterosexual as far as physical response, and it's hard to imagine actually getting intimate with a woman, but I've had plenty of "girl crushes", and will admit that, visually, a nude female form is actually more arousing than a male one. I think I kinda tend to imagine what might be in store for them or something. Plus, really, they're prettier.
At any rate, Tim, no judgement from me...I really do think bisexuality is more "normal" than our culture would make it out to be.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »
people's sexuality is all normal. there is nothing wrong with loving someone of the same sex as well as the oposite sex. especially both sexes. what's uncool is bigotry and lies.