Author Topic: My Christian Family  (Read 11704 times)

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
Re: My Christian Family
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
Aww...sorry to hear about your kitty Velkyn. It's always a horrible decision to make, even when you know it's the right one,

And Anfauglir, all condolences and whatever comfort you can glean from e-messages at great distance from a person you don't even know. So much for you to deal with.

You often have a way of putting into words just what I am thinking, and have always been one of my favorite posters. Hang in there!

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
To Mr. Anfauglir:

After reading your post, i cannot help but express my heartfelt condolences of what you're going through. However, reading your post, it appears that all your family members are believer in God, except you. And if you haven't noticed, they've all either gone to a better world or jus simply living well into old age. As for you my friend, you are bearing the punishment. Could be that you are not a believer and God is dealing with pretty nicely if you ask me. God bless.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »
However, reading your post... And if you haven't noticed, they've all either gone to a better world or jus simply living well into old age. As for you my friend, you are bearing the punishment.

Quote from: Anflaugir
On about 20 pills a day for various things, he wasn't right since my sister's death, except it hit him physically, and his health deteriorated over the last couple years.  Caring for my mum took it out of him as well, but he hid her illness from me.

The evidence is that you did not read.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
either way his dad is gone and he's left with the miserable things to face. God will be merciful if you have faith if not He land upon your head all the miseries there is just as he did with Satan whom he created. If he can punish Satan with FIRE what makes you think he won't punish those little humans who defy HIM. Fear God or you'll face the brunt of His meriless wrath just as he did to the JEWS. Don't underestimate his wrath or confuse His love for He is JUST!

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »
God will be merciful if you have faith
Well, God wasn't.

The evidence is that you did not read.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
If you have faith, you'll know how to take care of your health. You cannot have faith and drink and eat stakes, pork, junk food all the time and be merry. Jesus was the Son of God and he didn't live like a rich person.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »
If you have faith, you'll know how to take care of your health. You cannot have faith and drink and eat stakes, pork, junk food all the time and be merry. Jesus was the Son of God and he didn't live like a rich person.

Completely irrelevant and off topic, that is a string of non sequiturs.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
Fear God or you'll face the brunt of His meriless wrath just as he did to the JEWS. Don't underestimate his wrath or confuse His love for He is JUST!

We are like spiders in the hand of an angry God.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
Fear God or you'll face the brunt of His meriless wrath just as he did to the JEWS. Don't underestimate his wrath or confuse His love for He is JUST!

But you said God endorse fellowship only BUT not religion, so what happened to fellowship ... only?
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »
what we are doing now is fellowship but in a rather simple way. We are talking about God whether debating or trying to find a common ground about Him. But the fellowship He wrote about in the Bible can be anybody or everybody. Fellowship is when people who believe in God come together to share His words and praising Him. Not like religion where everything is mandated and has heiriarchies. Fellowship can be as little as 3 people but with FAITH.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 12:13:47 AM »
Using the LHC to split that neutrino?
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »
CERN needs to keep coming up with shit or they'll be all out of work. How many years has it been since they say they're close to discovering nuclear fusion, 60? LOL! The fools they make out of you!

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »
God will be merciful if you have faith if not He land upon your head all the miseries there is

Now go back and read my first post.  You'd be hard-pushed to find a family with more faith than mine.  My sister had loads, my father had loads, my mother had loads.  And despite that, on their heads were landed all the miseries there could be.

I can see why you would want to believe that they weren't good enough Christians.  How you would want to claim that their faith simply wasn't good enough.

But what - I have to say - amuses me the most about the good and loving Christian you are, is that you felt okay to pop in at a stressful time of my life, and intimate that - somehow - its all my fault.  That because I am an unbeliever, somehow all the misery heaped on my family is god teaching me a lesson.  I wonder.....on that basis, is my dad in heaven looking down at me, and at mum, and complimenting god on his benevolence?

Well, anyway.....thanks for the compassion - I'm sure Jesus is pleased with what you've said here.

- - - - -

For the people who truly care, the updates.  Funeral went off as well as these things can do on Monday.  Mum was basically in and out - when she was in the moment, she was devastated, other times she wasn't quite sure who we were there for.  I'm torn as to whether its a good or a bad thing - good because a lot of the time she doesn't "get it".  Bad because I can see it comes upon her as a fresh realisation over and over again.

One bit of good news though - on speaking to their lawyer, he told me that a few years back they both set up Powers of Attorney for me, so I don't have to go through all the form-filling and red tape that would be required if I tried to set one up from scratch now. 
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
CERN needs to keep coming up with shit or they'll be all out of work. How many years has it been since they say they're close to discovering nuclear fusion, 60? LOL! The fools they make out of you!

You missed the point entirely, or that was the poorest deflection I've heard in quite some time.

Or both.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
...For the people who truly care, the updates...

Hugs in the form of a +1, and continued sympathy for all that you're going through.

As for the interuption in this thread. Some people are heartless SOBs with no sense of shame for what they do.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »
To Mr. Anfauglir:

After reading your post, i cannot help but express my heartfelt condolences of what you're going through. However, reading your post, it appears that all your family members are believer in God, except you. And if you haven't noticed, they've all either gone to a better world or jus simply living well into old age. As for you my friend, you are bearing the punishment. Could be that you are not a believer and God is dealing with pretty nicely if you ask me. God bless.

So Lance, one has to wonder.... since Jesus suffered and died on the cross (allegedly) did he not have enough faith to save him? What about Mother Teresa? Not enough faith to save her?

Your comments here are totally insensitive, uncalled for, and serve as a clear demonstration as to why so many of us have realized that religion is nothing more than a fear tactic that prey's on people's insecurities in an attempt to manipulate and control their actions and thoughts.

You addition of "God Bless" at the end of your ignorant statement is a slap in the face, kicking someone when they are done. Nice job representing Jesus, asshole. Isn't it odd how the only person on here who has something negative to contribute to someone who has experienced major losses in their life is a Christian? Imagine that. Are you part of the Westboro Baptist Church or something?
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »

Lmao... Wut?? You mean the guy who supposedly had GOLD and SPICES brought to him the DAY HE WAS BORN? You mean the guy who supposedly lived his life with a dozen yes-men and hangers-on following him around, ready to do his every bidding? You think your precious zombie on a stick ever had to go hungry (not including self-induced rich-boy style fasting of course)? The douchebag had women WASHING HIS FEET WITH THEIR HAIR for the love of Zeus.

Yeah. He lived like a rich person. I understand that might be hard to notice with your head so far up your ass though.

Oh, and by the way, nice move there, using somebody's personal tragedy to try to slip in the dick of your disgusting little cult. You are one fucked up human being, Sparky. Go drink your kool-aid and shut the f**k up. Thanks! Oh, and Hail Satan n' Junk!
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
either way his dad is gone and he's left with the miserable things to face. God will be merciful if you have faith if not He land upon your head all the miseries there is just as he did with Satan whom he created. If he can punish Satan with FIRE what makes you think he won't punish those little humans who defy HIM. Fear God or you'll face the brunt of His meriless wrath just as he did to the JEWS. Don't underestimate his wrath or confuse His love for He is JUST!

what a hateful nasty person this person is. I'm so glad I've ceased being a Christian, just from this one "Good Christiantm" alone.

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »

Lmao... Wut?? You mean the guy who supposedly had GOLD and SPICES brought to him the DAY HE WAS BORN? You mean the guy who supposedly lived his life with a dozen yes-men and hangers-on following him around, ready to do his every bidding? You think your precious zombie on a stick ever had to go hungry (not including self-induced rich-boy style fasting of course)? The douchebag had women WASHING HIS FEET WITH THEIR HAIR for the love of Zeus.

Yeah. He lived like a rich person. I understand that might be hard to notice with your head so far up your ass though.

Oh, and by the way, nice move there, using somebody's personal tragedy to try to slip in the dick of your disgusting little cult. You are one fucked up human being, Sparky. Go drink your kool-aid and shut the f**k up. Thanks! Oh, and Hail Satan n' Junk!

Ha! That's a good point about Jesus. I mean, it's not like the guy was super deprived, and we already know (sarcasm) that he can take a small amount of food and make it go a long way, change water into wine, catch an ass-load of fish, and (allegedly, though he never did) move mountains, so how could he ever really be lacking? Anyone who can make whatever the hell they want happen can hardly be considered not to live like a rich person, especially, as you pointed out, if they have groupies and prostitutes following them around. Hell, Jesus was a rock star!

Also, a very nice job not only pointing out Lance's poor logic, but ripping Lance apart for being a total douche-bag.

Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
<bows> Why thank you. Thank you very much. 
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +871/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

But you said God endorse fellowship only BUT not religion, so what happened to fellowship ... only?

I think the approriately named Lance, as in pus-filled boil, is a bit confused himself.

He does not realize that non-believers who live in more secular places like northern Europe and Japan have far better lives than the religious people who live in the most godly places on earth. You can't get much more god than in the Middle East, the US south, the poor countries of Latin America.

What is god heaping on whose head again? Oh, yeah, faithful slaves and devout poor people are supposed to wait for their reward in heaven while the rich people live it up here. If your life on earth is good, you don't have to wait until you die to get enough to eat and have your kids survive infancy.

And BTW, nice attempt at slapping the OP while he is down and trying to stick god in there somewhere. Christian compassion at its best. &) >:(
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
People people I am Lance. I hope we can have a meaningful and respectful discussion here about God. I apologize if i offended someone. I love you all and i am here to explain God's side - to make it fair if u will. Ask me anything and i will explain point blank. Cheers!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »
People people I am Lance. I hope we can have a meaningful and respectful discussion here about God. I apologize if i offended someone. I love you all and i am here to explain God's side - to make it fair if u will. Ask me anything and i will explain point blank. Cheers!

Lance
ignoring your thin, subjectless and  begrudged apology .......three things

1. This is not the right thread for any of your xian indoctrination.
2. This is an atheist forum, it is absolutely presumptuous of you to present yourself as "here to explain god's side".
You are just another gullible believer who willingly betrayed your logical capability by adopting the idiocy of faith.
3. You do not love us all.

Now go make your own thread elsewhere.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
that's a directive Kin Hell? You'll be banned before u know it. slow down and let me present my case. How can u know the truth when u isolate those whom u disagree with. I know God but I don't ignore atheist.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
that's a directive Kin Hell? You'll be banned before u know it. slow down and let me present my case. How can u know the truth when u isolate those whom u disagree with. I know God but I don't ignore atheist.

He is just telling you that you need to stay on topic in this thread or make your own. Please take time to read the rules of the forum.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »
He is just telling you that you need to stay on topic in this thread or make your own. Please take time to read the rules of the forum.

I have taken the liberty of doing this for Lance, as he seems reluctant to express his views in an appropriate thread. Lance, please feel free to answer any and all inquiries at http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,20811.0.html

Offline Lance

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-35
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
thanks kaziglu but i've already started a thread in order to keep with forum's norm. btw - mark twain is one of my favorite authors.  ;D

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
thanks kaziglu but i've already started a thread in order to keep with forum's norm. btw - mark twain is one of my favorite authors.  ;D

Would you be willing to humor me and answer those questions anyways?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

how fun, a Christain who claims he loves us and now wants to apologize after showing just how hateful he is.  Darn, got caught again in the arrogant delusion that people would agree with him and not calling him on his actions. 

Pity that this god can't get any people to "explain" his side except the ignorant and the nasty.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/