Author Topic: ATTENTION ADMIN my topic MUSIC your favourite cover version is freezing Safari  (Read 873 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
I'm not sure what is happening, or if it is happening to anyone else, but every time I open the thread now, Safari freezes almost immediately.

As far as I can see it is only that thread that does it, so I wonder if I or others have loaded something nasty by chance?
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
It also slows down Firefox quite a bit and freezes it for a few seconds if I try to close the tab.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Praise Ba'al really hard!
My browser didn't slow down on the thread, but I'm using an older firefox - Firefox/3.0.5.

.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
##### OF BA'AL!!!!!! #####
####################

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
It can be slow or could freeze regardless of what browser you're using. I checked the thread using Opera, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE. It's because of the so many videos on one page methinks.
The Second C

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
Re: ATTENTION ADMIN my topic MUSIC your favourite cover version is freezing Sa
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
It can be slow or could freeze regardless of what browser you're using. I checked the thread using Opera, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE. It's because of the so many videos on one page methinks.

most likely   although, it actually makes my Safari literally freeze, showing the mac spinning wheel of death "Safari not responding" and needs a force quit to get out of the page/site.

Frustrating considering I'd like to be able to get into my own thread, plus I've been loving the musical doppelganging.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
Mine is a little slow using Chrome. But it does that on the "What are you listening to right now" thread sometimes too. I will heed your recommendation of only posting the original and my personal favorite. Perhaps we could just post hyperlinks instead of using the thumbs and playing the video through the thread? Glad you liked the Gourds rendition of Gin n Juice  :D
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
Re: ATTENTION ADMIN my topic MUSIC your favourite cover version is freezing Sa
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »
ATTENTION ADMIN (not yelling  ;))

For who knows what reason, it's cured itself, and wasn't even slow loading. Gotta love chaos generators like computers eh?   

thanks & peace love and mung beans you busy little beavers.

Mine is a little slow using Chrome. But it does that on the "What are you listening to right now" thread sometimes too. I will heed your recommendation of only posting the original and my personal favorite.

Probably wise mate

Perhaps we could just post hyperlinks instead of using the thumbs and playing the video through the thread?

Be a shame, everybody is trained for short attention span, instant gratification here in webland...   let's just see how it goes for a while
This thread is unlikely to have the staying power of the "what are you listening to thread" if for no other reason than eventually we'll run out of the great cover versions anyway.

Glad you liked the Gourds rendition of Gin n Juice  :D
Liked it?  I fucking loved it.   + Snoops v cool reaction.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
The main problem is that you're using Safari. It loads fine using Chrome running on Ubuntu  :D

Perhaps we could just post hyperlinks instead of using the thumbs and playing the video through the thread?

Can't though because of how SMF is programmed to handle youtube vids. Even if you copy the URL from the address bar and paste it in a thread it pops up as the video, and this is also the case if you put it inbetween the
Code: [Select]
[url][/url] tags. IIRC in SMF 1.x, or an earlier release candidate of SMF 2.0  you have to click a youtube button at the top of the comment box to post a video.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.