Author Topic: Sometimes, I Just Gotta Vent.........  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Sometimes, I Just Gotta Vent.........
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
I'm starting to become more and more fearful that in the next 20 to 50 years the practice of circumcision will be replaced with castration. I say this because TO ME, it seems that many are offended by and wish it would become illegal for a man to actually have a dick. There's a lot of "bitchassedness" being encouraged and tolerated in men, and has me wondering, "Would I really be better served as a man if I acted more like a woman?" At this point I'm leaning towards answering YES as I feel that my roads would be smoother and my paths would have less resistance.
Mama's boys, men who whine, that wear skinny jeans, etc. seem to be in vogue; Why?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:17:32 PM by Truth OT »

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
Re: Sometimes, I Just Gotta Vent.........
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
Maybe they really want to be women. There are a lot of feminists out there, people who want women to rule the world instead of living in a patriarchal society where they may be treated 'differently'. At birth, no one has the option to choose what gender they want to be, or even if they want to be human. I don't know why men seem to be in vogue, but they may have reasons for it. If you ask them, you could get some confusing answers.

These links may help:

Warning: The second link has some weird images!

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000036907&cid=491&story=Why%20speaking%20about%20sanitary%20towels%20is%20in%20vogue%20today

http://nextinvogue.blogspot.com/2011/07/comme-des-garcons-canali-calvin-klein.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:39:41 AM by Samuelxcs »
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »
I believe stereotypes like this tend to sow division among people, and I just don't see what the big deal is.  If a man wants to explore his feminine side, what the hell do I care?  Last time I checked, the definition of male had more to do with what body parts you had, and not so much the way you acted.  When you start saying a man is acting like a woman, we all know what that means, but really, it's just the man acting in what way suits him.  Vice versa too.  If a woman wants to "act like a man", that's fine.  What's wrong with a woman who tends to be more masculine?  I don't see anything wrong with it.  The thing that causes the problem is other people judging it as good or bad, right or wrong.   

If you want to be down with ya bad self, more power to you.  If you like to sit and watch Real Housewives, then I think you're an idiot, but I'll defend your right to do it. 

I would hope the practice of circumcision will be replaced with the practice of not doing circumcision. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »
Men should not have a feminine side, Men are men, women are women.

Adjective:   
Having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, esp. delicacy and prettiness.
Noun:   
The female sex or gender.
Synonyms:   
adjective.  female - womanly - womanish - womanlike - effeminate
noun.  female

If men want to be women, they can be women, but they should not be like women if they are men, it would just be strange, and sometimes confusing.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline pianodwarf

• Fellow
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
I'm starting to become more and more fearful that in the next 20 to 50 years the practice of circumcision will be replaced with castration. I say this because TO ME, it seems that many are offended by and wish it would become illegal for a man to actually have a dick. There's a lot of "bitchassedness" being encouraged and tolerated in men, and has me wondering, "Would I really be better served as a man if I acted more like a woman?" At this point I'm leaning towards answering YES as I feel that my roads would be smoother and my paths would have less resistance.
Mama's boys, men who whine, that wear skinny jeans, etc. seem to be in vogue; Why?

I definitely hear you.  I was a child in the Seventies, when the feminist movement was at its most active, and it took me a very long time to become aware of the effects that the indoctrination in my childhood had on me: that men are inherently inferior to women purely on the basis of their gender, that it's unethical for a man to have a libido (or at least to ever express sexual interest in a woman), and all kinds of other things.  It took me a long time to deprogram all that stuff out of myself, and in fact, I'm not sure I'll ever be certain that I've fully recovered from it.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
I believe stereotypes like this tend to sow division among people, and I just don't see what the big deal is.  If a man wants to explore his feminine side, what the hell do I care?  Last time I checked, the definition of male had more to do with what body parts you had, and not so much the way you acted.  When you start saying a man is acting like a woman, we all know what that means, but really, it's just the man acting in what way suits him.  Vice versa too.  If a woman wants to "act like a man", that's fine.  What's wrong with a woman who tends to be more masculine?  I don't see anything wrong with it.  The thing that causes the problem is other people judging it as good or bad, right or wrong.   

If you want to be down with ya bad self, more power to you.  If you like to sit and watch Real Housewives, then I think you're an idiot, but I'll defend your right to do it. 

I would hope the practice of circumcision will be replaced with the practice of not doing circumcision.

I'll start by saying that if a woman wishes to place herself in traditional male roles and even act rather masculently, I have very little problem with that. My only request is that if she takes that approach, she should be prepared to expected to be treated like a man would be treated in the same situations.

My issue as you can probably tell lies with men being applauded for in many ways foresaking manhood and tenents of masculinity. It seems TO ME that masculinity and generally things that men and boy like are increasingly being casted in a negative light and either laughed at or frowned upon. What gives?
Being rough, being rambuncious, being active, and engaging in horseplay is often looked at as bad behavior or stupid compared with behaviors more in line with what women and girls tend to fancy. In addition, it appears to many that the value of a man has been diminished greatly over the years and today's man is more replacable and unnecessary than ever before. As a cock-carrying member of the 2-Balls Club, that really sucks!

addendum
----
I'm all for fairness as it pertains to the sexes as well as one's sexuality. Admittedly, if you like to do funny or weird stuff, I'ma laugh at you, but hey, it's your business (and my entertainment). My issue is that it seems that the goal or the agenda is not being fair across the board, but rather demonizing men and their masculinity under the guise of being fair to everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:00:07 PM by Truth OT »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »
I wear semi-skinny jeans sometimes, just like I wear non-skinny jeans. I like my mother and talk about my feelings to those I deem trustworthy. I like cooking and I'd like to learn how to sew[1] (just in case). I don't like watching races or most sports. I don't like playing sports. I like to write and draw (although I suck at it).
These are things people consider girly. Guess what? They aren't. I like the clothes I like for no goddamned reason, I like cooking for its near-limitless potential and basis in chemistry and I learned I like to write a few months ago (about the same time I learned I liked to draw).

However, I'd also love to try sky diving (my cousin promised to take me), rock climbing and go to a strip club.
I've done things which I won't post here, since they're semi-sexual in nature, I've been to a rock concert (which gave me tinnitus), I like physics, I love adrenaline, I like psychology, I like almost all musical genres, I love thinking... the list is endless.

Point is, the things you deem "girly" or "manly" are not either one. People like what they like. You wanna call me girly? Go right ahead. You wanna call me manly? Same thing.
I know what I like and I do what I like. I'm not forcing you to do anything with me.
As for self-described feminists[2] who indoctrinate little children into believing males are inferior to females: That is bad. That kind of behaviour needs to be stopped, and I feel sorry for those who were indoctrinated by them.
On a related note: I have uploaded a short video onto Youtube explaining the difference between discrimination and what feminism is turning into.
 1. I'm not sure if this is the correct word.
 2. I say "self-described" because anyone who knows what "feminism" means knows they aren't feminists
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »

I definitely hear you.  I was a child in the Seventies, when the feminist movement was at its most active, and it took me a very long time to become aware of the effects that the indoctrination in my childhood had on me: that men are inherently inferior to women purely on the basis of their gender, that it's unethical for a man to have a libido (or at least to ever express sexual interest in a woman), and all kinds of other things.  It took me a long time to deprogram all that stuff out of myself, and in fact, I'm not sure I'll ever be certain that I've fully recovered from it.

And I've been noticing something, something I was afraid of happening, a strange opposite effect of the continued message of "male = bad." Some men now in their early 20s have internalized that message and act as if they are nothing but a barely restrained chimp with furniture and a drivers license.  Rather than embracing all aspects of the traditional "male" role (regarless of the sex organs) they use it as an excuse to behave badly.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:57 PM »

I just have to laugh at this thread.  reverse the situation,flipping the male and female roles, that PD states here and we have the 1950s.  Not so bad when the shoe is on the other foot is it?   ;D
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »
I just have to laugh at this thread.  reverse the situation,flipping the male and female roles, that PD states here and we have the 1950s.  Not so bad when the shoe is on the other foot is it?   ;D

So because women were oppressed by some men it's fair that they get to oppress ALL men?
I've never ONCE thought of women as inferior because of their gender. I'm sure neither has pianodwarf. For a so called "social equality movement", it's starting to fight for social equality as much as a theocracy.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »
and how old are you Lucifer?  Was your formative world the 1950s or the 1970s?

And being oppressed?  I not sure where I've seen a man, especially a white anglo saxon male being oppressed anywhere in the western world.   I see you all have your penises, with or without foreskins.  The "sky is falling" rhetoric is pretty amusing, oh no, we can't be "real men". 

So, can you guys define for me what a RealMantm is? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 01:03:34 PM »
and how old are you Lucifer?  Was your formative world the 1950s or the 1970s?

No, it was not.

And being oppressed?  I not sure where I've seen a man, especially a white anglo saxon male being oppressed anywhere in the western world.   I see you all have your penises, with or without foreskins.  The "sky is falling" rhetoric is pretty amusing, oh no, we can't be "real men". 

Like men being denied the right to form a group for men who were sexually abused?[1] Or men who are physically and sexually abused by women?[2] Or male children being taught that they are the lowliest form of life on Earth, like the theists did (and some still do) to homosexuals?

So, can you guys define for me what a RealMantm is? 

No such thing exists.
 1. Yeah, it happens. Men get no support for it, though.
 2. Yeah, also happens. The percentages are en par with that of women who are physically and sexually abused by men.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
In my mind, the movement of society is not to merely get to equality, but inequality where what was formerly thought of a superior is now inferior as opposed to equal.
Again, in my opinion, young boys are being conditioned away from traditional "boy" things and those things that have been charactorized as boy things and manly are being shown under a negative light.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »
In my mind, the movement of society is not to merely get to equality, but inequality where what was formerly thought of a superior is now inferior as opposed to equal.

Agreed. Not all feminists are like this, though, but more and more are adopting this philosophy.

Again, in my opinion, young boys are being conditioned away from traditional "boy" things and those things that have been charactorized as boy things and manly are being shown under a negative light.

Disagreed. "Boy things" and "Girl things" are non-existent. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can get equality.
PS: It was (and in some places still is) considered manly to hit a woman every once in a while for no goddamned reason. It is not. It is cowardice of the most despicable kind.
We choose our own gods.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
No, it was not.
So how old are you?  The reason I'm asking is did you grow up in a world where women's rights were becoming considered "normal" and thus this is the reason you find that it's easy to consider women equal to men?  I'm 45 and I grew up in the 70s where women's rights were being fought for so I never had to accept that women belonged in the home as some "fact".

Like men being denied the right to form a group for men who were sexually abused?[1] Or men who are physically and sexually abused by women?[2] Or male children being taught that they are the lowliest form of life on Earth, like the theists did (and some still do) to homosexuals?
 1. Yeah, it happens. Men get no support for it, though.
 2. Yeah, also happens. The percentages are en par with that of women who are physically and sexually abused by men.

Ah, where does this "happen"?  As you know, I don't take "yeah it happens" as evidence. And where are boys taught this? If there are places, I'd love to know so I can express my disapproval to them since I find all humans to be judged on their abilities not their fleshy appendages. 
No such thing exists.

Hmm, I would think that there must if men are being forced away from such a concept, as seems to be claimed here.   You are forced to be "bitchassed" per TOT. 

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »

Oppressed is a strong word, so I'll replace it with ostracized. As a black man on the outside looking in, it seems that it's cool to critisize and "bring down" the white man. If a white man is proud that he is what he is, way too often he's charactorized as a bigot or even a racist. And what gives with the practice in the white male community of self deprication and unfunny self depricating humor? I believe it's a function of a culture that sort of shuns manhood, and definately frowns at white men being in positions of power and influence.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +623/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »
boo-flippin-hoo.  I swear to god, the is the whiniest thread I have ever read.  What makes it the most ironic thread too is the fact that it is whining about men being effeminate and whiney. 

If you are a manly man, why on earth would you care what the sissy-men are wearing?  Or what the pushy bitches think about you?  Fuck 'em both, because they don't matter.

If you are really a manly man, it would seem to me that you could and would wear whatever the fuck you wanted, be it skinny jeans, chain mail armor or ballet tights.  Yeah, ballet tights. here are some real men for you panzies who obviously lacked role models and are all worried about your feminine[1] side:

A real man holding a hot chick over his head, with his hand practically on her tits.  In the dining room, no less...

I'd like to see you half-men do that.

Take a good gander at a real man, you pussies.

It seems to me that TOT, and some of the rest of you, are more than a little uptight and insecure in your own manliness.  Real men don't worry about that shit.  They know.  Real men could be teabagged and not get all bothered by it.  Observe, real men at play:

Men who may be leaning gay - or at least have some questions about it - are the ones who raise a big stink over these things. So, if you are gay - and I strongly suspect several of you are - be a real man and own it.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Real men do not engage in denial.

1. code for "gay"
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:18 PM »
PS: It was (and in some places still is) considered manly to hit a woman every once in a while for no goddamned reason. It is not. It is cowardice of the most despicable kind.

Where is this the case Luc? Everywhere that I know of, a man that hits women is considered a bitch, a misfit, or a coward.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »
So how old are you?  The reason I'm asking is did you grow up in a world where women's rights were becoming considered "normal" and thus this is the reason you find that it's easy to consider women equal to men?  I'm 45 and I grew up in the 70s where women's rights were being fought for so I never had to accept that women belonged in the home as some "fact".

I have always been.[1] And I didn't say women were equal to men. Women are different than men[2], but both deserve the same rights if they're in the same situation and in the same condition.

Ah, where does this "happen"?  As you know, I don't take "yeah it happens" as evidence. And where are boys taught this? If there are places, I'd love to know so I can express my disapproval to them since I find all humans to be judged on their abilities not their fleshy appendages. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jul/17/the-rape-of-men
As for boys being taught this, read pianodwarf's post and ask him.

Hmm, I would think that there must if men are being forced away from such a concept, as seems to be claimed here.   You are forced to be "bitchassed" per TOT. 

I disagreed with most of TOT's OP, and that is one of the things I disagree with.

Where is this the case Luc? Everywhere that I know of, a man that hits women is considered a bitch, a misfit, or a coward.

Read the comments.
 1. Id est: 18.
 2. As is obvious to anyone who has ever seen both naked.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:28:09 PM by Lucifer »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:20 PM »
being rough, being rambuncious, being active, and engaging in horseplay is often looked at as bad behavior or stupid compared with behaviors more in line with what women and girls tend to fancy. In addition, it appears to many that the value of a man has been diminished greatly over the years and today's man is more replacable and unnecessary than ever before. As a cock-carrying member of the 2-Balls Club, that really sucks!

My dad had a great many fights with my mother because i like to be rough when my friends came over, i couldnt count how many time i would get into trouble for wrestling or what not, you just being a kid. Even today i practice the art of jujitsu and my friend that also practice this come over we go full felge and we often get told that it is inappropriate behavior. what happen to the time when chicks dug scars?
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »
what happen to the time when chicks women dug scars?

Times haven't changed. Some women still like scars, others don't. Just like during that "time" you're talking about.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 01:36:19 PM »
boo-flippin-hoo.  I swear to god, the is the whiniest thread I have ever read.  What makes it the most ironic thread too is the fact that it is whining about men being effeminate and whiney. 

If you are a manly man, why on earth would you care what the sissy-men are wearing?  Or what the pushy bitches think about you?  Fuck 'em both, because they don't matter.

If you are really a manly man, it would seem to me that you could and would wear whatever the fuck you wanted, be it skinny jeans, chain mail armor or ballet tights.  Yeah, ballet tights. here are some real men for you panzies who obviously lacked role models and are all worried about your feminine[1] side:

1. code for "gay"

You make some good points about minding one's own business and I can respect that, but no matter what you say or who does it, men wearing ballet tights, short Daisy Duke shorts, or fitted biker shorts is still gay.
 ToT Dictionary
*gay* - quality of a man doing, wearing, or being involved in something that the majority of men would historically laugh at and make fun of due to the fact that they charactorize it as a man card offense.    

On a more serious note ST, it does matter what others think, especially when their line of thinking drives the train (I know you are familiar with this argument).

A real man holding a hot chick over his head, with his hand practically on her tits.  In the dining room, no less...

I'd like to see you half-men do that.

Take a good gander at a real man, you pussies. 

It seems, based on these depictions that as long as a man can find himself in a sexual setting with a woman that that somehow trumps all else and qualifies as man, especially if the woman is hot.............

It seems to me that TOT, and some of the rest of you, are more than a little uptight and insecure in your own manliness.  Real men don't worry about that shit.  They know.  Real men could be teabagged and not get all bothered by it. 

Men who may be leaning gay - or at least have some questions about it - are the ones who raise a big stink over these things. So, if you are gay - and I strongly suspect several of you are - be a real man and own it.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Real men do not engage in denial.

Why would you even go here, for real? So because various people charactorize men who aren't "in touch with their feminine sides" as insecure in their manhood, I'm supposed to buy that crap? What-freakin'-ever!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »

Let's not completely use that wide a brush, at least interest in the sciences, accounting, mathmatics and mechanics once was a male only club...and it is still portrayed as positive and is considerably more gender neutral than 30 years ago
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »
Oppressed is a strong word, so I'll replace it with ostracized. As a black man on the outside looking in, it seems that it's cool to critisize and "bring down" the white man. If a white man is proud that he is what he is, way too often he's charactorized as a bigot or even a racist. And what gives with the practice in the white male community of self deprication and unfunny self depricating humor? I believe it's a function of a culture that sort of shuns manhood, and definately frowns at white men being in positions of power and influence.

Okay, we'll go with "ostracized". I don't see that either.   Where are "white men" or for that matter any men being "brought down" (define that if you would please)? 

And I see lots of white men quite proud of who they are.   The ones I'm thinking about, my husband, my father, my friends, don't use derogatory comments to contrast themselves against others, so there's no reason to even guess that they are a bigot or racist.  I see lots of them every Sunday on various sports shows too. 

And what's with the white male community?  Well, you could ask the white males rather than saying its all the "wymyn's fault".  You seem to be looking for a scapegoat and wanting to play victim when society isn't going your way.  I don't see society as frowning at white men being in positiosn of power and importance. I see society changing and frowning at the idea that *only* white men should be in positions of power and importance.  Again, what is this "manhood" and "RealMannesstm" that you seem to be saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is lacking?

BTW, I know my "wymyn", from having had the questionable experience of attending an all-women's college for about 18 months and being in the hell of "woman's studies" for a month straight as a requirement.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »

I have always been.[1] And I didn't say women were equal to men. Women are different than men[2], but both deserve the same rights if they're in the same situation and in the same condition.

This is a profound statement to me. Men and women, just like me and you, are NOT equal. We are distinct sexes and individuals that are by no means equals in numerous ways. We should not strive for equality of individuals, but rather equal rights for all and then allow the chips to fall where they may.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »
<snip> and then allow the chips to fall where they may.

What do you mean by this?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
<snip> and then allow the chips to fall where they may.

What do you mean by this?

Nothing specific, it's just a phrase i chose to end my thought with. No underlying implication indended.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
Nothing specific, it's just a phrase i chose to end my thought with. No underlying implication indended.

Alright. I thought you meant like "Try to give people equal rights, but if for some reason we don't succeed, too bad".
We choose our own gods.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »

No shit, Sherlock.  And 18.  So you’ve never lived in a world where women weren’t at least fighting to be seen equal to men.  Women and men are indeed different physically; you don’t have a uterus and I don’t have testes.  What does this have to do with how they “should” and “should not” behave?  Yes, they do deserve the same rights.  I’m questioning the claims that “women” are putting the “man” down. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jul/17/the-rape-of-men
As for boys being taught this, read pianodwarf's post and ask him.
No, dear, I’m asking you.  You made the claim, you answer it.  And yep, men can be raped.  Been happening in prisons for years.  In the article, the men met for a workshop.  I see no “oppression” or “ostracizing” of men by a feminizing culture here.