Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 325 times)

Offline wwdriver

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Introductions
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
I am a WAST - White Anglo-Saxon Texan. It that enough of an introduction?

How about, "Thanks for having a web site that explains the thoughts that I never could put into words."? Well, I have said things like, "You want me to "pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake..."? Good grief! What thoughts to put into the head of a child wanting to sleep peacefully!

Speaking of sleeping, who thought that it would be a GOOD thing to tell a child that their parent is asleep when Daddy really died and is lying there in a coffin?  Would everyone please "wake up" and think about what they are SAYING?

I have said for years that I didn't really believe in my Parents' and Grandparents' God, but if I did believe in one, I would believe in one who was full of love and compassion and was all forgiving. Not a God that rained down death, pestilence, plagues, and boils, not to mention the unforgiving God who threatens to send humans to hell for eternity. Eternity! That is for ever AND EVER!  :laugh:

I like lumping God with Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Superman, and the Great Pumpkin.

Happy Halloween, Everyone!  ^..^

Offline helenecombs

Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 01:57:44 AM »
Welcome
"God Himself will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, mourning, crying or pain; for the old older of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +660/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »
christ, another one.  It's getting to be like a rodeo around here.  There should be a limit to the number of members from texas at any given time.  I'm starting to suspect texas is actually full of in-the-closet atheists who are all masquerading as xians.

well, welcome ww. 

remember the alamo.  yee ha.

edit: atheist--> xian.
duh
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:50:35 AM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Welcome TrueAmericantm!

Speaking of the Great Pumpkin, I watched that episode the other day for the first time as an adult. It was illuminating. As I watched Sally go off on Linus after the Great Pumpkin failed to appear I couldn't help but think of our very own Velkyn. You'll meet her, she's cool.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
wwdriver, welcome to the forum!

When I saw the date of your introduction, it reminded me that I don't think Kroger's is aware of how unChristian and pro-demonic a holiday like Halloween is for many Texas believers. When I was there in October there was a nearly 3-aisle-wide spread in Kroger's dedicated to the demonic spirits that wish to take over this earthly, holy realm.

Since the company obviously celebrates demons, have you ever wondered why Texas believers don't stage protests at Kroger's?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.