Author Topic: Direct Threats of Rape And Murder From Christians To Atheists  (Read 2628 times)

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
Direct Threats of Rape And Murder From Christians To Atheists
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:09:18 AM »

These people aren't Westboro Baptist Church members or Pat Robertsons. These are apparently "mainstream" Christians.

I suppose everything they say they should do is what Jesus would do?

Who else is saddened by this?
The Second C

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: Direct Threats of Rape And Murder From Christians To Atheists
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:22:17 AM »

Who else is saddened by this?

good verb, just not encompassing enough

incensed   contemptuous   filled with loathing

........take no fucking prisoners
these faux xians betray their scum status just by expressing their heartfelt desire.

Be buggered if I'd want to spend a nanosecond of heavenly time in their company, let alone an eternity......

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
From: http://www.politicususa.com/en/journalists-death-threats

A newspaper opinion writer received a series of death threats for a commentary on church involvement in her local school district and was told to make her peace with god and write a retraction or she would be abducted outside of the newspaper where her truck was parked and taken to a field and set on fire. The writer parked her vehicle on a different street for the next two days and a caller informed her that they knew she was parking in a different area and would find her at her home instead. When the woman took a recording of the threats to the local chief of police, he told her to “get right with Jesus, write a retraction, and stop intimidating Christians.” The woman transferred to a different city and writes about local high-school sports and theatre.

In California, a reporter awoke to the sound of breaking glass and shouts of, “USA, USA” and “fucking traitor” for writing a column criticizing the city for spending tax dollars on firework displays instead of assistance for homeless veterans. The same young man wrote an opinion piece criticizing local churches for campaigning against same-sex marriage, and within a week of the commentary returned home from work to find signs on his yard ordering him to “obey your god” and “pray or die.” The writer has since moved to a different neighborhood where last month a letter arrived telling him there was nowhere he could hide that “god’s soldiers won’t find you.”

All pretty recent.
The Second C

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:47:17 AM »
But we're the ones who are amoral. Never forget - atheists do the work of the devil!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »
Good ol' Christian behavior right there.

I like what Michael Perri wrote.

"Few groups are filled with more hatred than atheists"

what's even more charming is he has at least three thumbs up for his comment, more than anyone else in the picture, other than Chris Dunn.

Good job there, Michael Perri and Chris Dunn. Way to set an example of how christians should behave.

I wonder if they have read the replies from their fellow christians regarding this monument. Time to lead the god driven crusade. Your god would be proud of you, remember.

Oh dear. We atheists are so full of hatred. Oh my. Yikes.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:04:34 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
Also, always remember: Atheists have no right to be angry. After all, christians never did anything bad to them. In fact, atheists are the ones discriminating against christians!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 06:12:04 AM »
Not a single christian saying they'd pray for atheists in that picture. Sure there are only 17 posts shown when there might've been a hundred related to the topic, but not a single prayer - not even a prayer to god to kill us. Just saying they hope god kills us, but not a prayer for him too kill us.

I wonder: Is this how christians really talk about us when we aren't looking? It's all lip-service when they say they're praying for "the lost", isn't it? They say they'll pray for us but when our backs are turned they quietly mumble "i hope you die by the hands of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »
Not a single christian saying they'd pray for atheists in that picture. Sure there are only 17 posts shown when there might've been a hundred related to the topic, but not a single prayer - not even a prayer to god to kill us. Just saying they hope god kills us, but not a prayer for him too kill us.

I'd appreciate that. Pray but don't do anything for yourself. Let God do his work for once.
At least then we'd be able to ignore these things.

I wonder: Is this how christians really talk about us when we aren't looking? It's all lip-service when they say they're praying for "the lost", isn't it? They say they'll pray for us but when our backs are turned they quietly mumble "i hope you die by the hands of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, I was forced into going to a funeral, and the priest there went all "atheists have no hope", which made me want to punch him. This was after I gave clear indication I was an atheist (or at least a non-catholic).

Off-topic: You're almost at 5000! Don't waste that precious 5000th post. :P
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
I guess love your neighbor is kind of old fashion for them.  True colors seem to come often  to the top.  Also, I bet someone will say they are not "true" Christians.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:13:09 AM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:09:14 AM »
I guess love your neighbor is kind of old fashion for them.  True colors seem to come often come to the top.  Also, I bet someone will say they are not "true" Christians.

Five bucks says someone already has.
We choose our own gods.

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »
I wonder: Is this how christians really talk about us when we aren't looking?

Pretty much. Actually, they don't really care, it only seems when they're confronting others do they seem to care about "saving souls" to appear on the higher moral ground. When I was an atheist-in-hiding and still attending church, there was less emphasis on outsiders/non-believers than there were on the people in the community.

It was always "Pray for Pastor Thomas and his ailing health" or "Pray that our youth group event goes well", "Please show us the light, the way we should take" oh and of course they'd throw in some current-event prayer in there somewhere like "Dear Lord Jesus, please shower the starving and poor with love and blessings".

The starving and ailing need fucking food and medicine damn it. Not any of their silly non-physical love which is purely derived from fearing divine punishment should they fail to fill their quota of "Good Deeds For The Day".
The Second C

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:17 AM »
The Christians seem to be getting angry. They must so love their 'God'. I feel like creating my own religion, but one that is good, not corrupted like the many religions that already exist in this world. I wonder what Christianity would say if I did make this new religion.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »
I posted this story a few months ago.  Those Christians might want to rethink what they want to do to us.  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  They might want to switch to hugs and kisses.  :-*
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
I posted this story a few months ago.  Those Christians might want to rethink what they want to do to us.  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  They might want to switch to hugs and kisses.  :-*

Hugs and kisses.

Hugs and kisses.

Hugs and

Hugs

:O!

The Second C

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
My view on the picture above:

O.O
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
Sadly, this sort of thing no longer surprises me.

Good thing those christians have god to give them morality, eh?   :angel:
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »
If I remember this particular event around the Fox website, they (Fox) were furiously trying to remove those offensive posts in real time, but were simply unable to avoid having many of them captured by others, and stored permanently for the world to see.

What Fox did, in my opinion, was open their back doors, and show the world exactly who they are, and what they support.  And this is not something that surprises me at all.  Even though not all Fox readers/viewers espouse this type of hate, they effectively do by closing their eyes to the true hatred that was aroused by the existence of Fox, and it's demographic.

We need disagreement in the public sphere and especially through media.  But to garner and support genuine hatred at this visceral level, and pretend that it is benign, or unworthy of their open condemnation, Fox has revealed it's true nature.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:54:10 AM by jetson »

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
Personally, I think this could be a great de-evangelization tool that reveals how Christians Truly are! Since the mentally ill people are already beyond hope (as the picture shows), we can at least show anybody who has a sense of compassion this picture, and see if the unbelievers who don't know will be running to their jesus then.

Btw, if one really feels threatened by that, I do feel that they should call the police, but comments on message boards won't be taken seriously, as bullying isn't taken seriously.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »
I think the real problem shown here is that Christians think of atheists as an actual religious group which is directly threatening them.  The same sort of crap happens to Muslims as I recall.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »
I think the real problem shown here is that Christians think of atheists as an actual religious group which is directly threatening them.  The same sort of crap happens to Muslims as I recall.

I can see this aspect of it, and we have evidence that many Christians like to say that atheism is itself, a religion.  But I think it goes deeper.  I think far more of them believe we are direct soldiers of Satan himself.  And I mean that fairly seriously.  They truly don't know what atheism is, and they have been raised to believe that people who don't believe in God are "of the devil".  Which may garner the powerful hatred spewed forth in these examples.

Fundamentally, they are afraid of the "opposition", and we evoke a very visceral response when we are vocal.  It's quite disturbing to think about, actually.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

I can see this aspect of it, and we have evidence that many Christians like to say that atheism is itself, a religion.  But I think it goes deeper.  I think far more of them believe we are direct soldiers of Satan himself.  And I mean that fairly seriously.  They truly don't know what atheism is, and they have been raised to believe that people who don't believe in God are "of the devil".  Which may garner the powerful hatred spewed forth in these examples.

Fundamentally, they are afraid of the "opposition", and we evoke a very visceral response when we are vocal.  It's quite disturbing to think about, actually.

Problem is, don't they know of what Theistic Satanism is? Hell, they shit their pants if they even think to say something like that to a Theistic Satanist. I don't know. With Christians, Satanists have more rights and equality than Atheists do.

With that aside, you are extremely correct here. They refuse to accept any answer of Atheism other than Atheism is a religion. When I did debate a few Christians on a Christian forum, arguing that Atheism was a religion is one of the greatest arguments they had.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »

With that aside, you are extremely correct here. They refuse to accept any answer of Atheism other than Atheism is a religion. When I did debate a few Christians on a Christian forum, arguing that Atheism was a religion is one of the greatest arguments they had.

Well, you're gonna have to stop capitalizing atheism in the middle of a sentence!  Damn, you're not helping us here!   ;D

Anyway, it's weird to me, the idea that even something like atheism must be a religion.  When was the last atheist gathering to worship the missing god?

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »
To the OP, I am saddened but not surprised by the behavior of those Christians. They probably feel so insecure about anyone else questioning their own faith that they treat atheism as a personal attack on their potential eternal life. They obviously don't practice the "love thine enemy" command. I guess they feel they can say whatever they want about atheists because Jesus is their get out of jail free card, so they don't care if they "sin". That's why it sickens me that atheists get called Satan-worshippers, baby-eaters, evil doers, etc. Historically, Christianity has done way more damage than atheism ever will. Christians merely use their self-projected "God" to justify whatever barbarism suits their fancy.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
But we're the ones who are amoral. Never forget - atheists do the work of the devil!

Well shit, if god didn't make babies so darn tasty, maybe we wouldn't eat 'em up so happily. 

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 11:07:02 PM »

Well, you're gonna have to stop capitalizing atheism in the middle of a sentence!  Damn, you're not helping us here!   ;D

Anyway, it's weird to me, the idea that even something like atheism must be a religion.  When was the last atheist gathering to worship the missing god?

:o Sorry. Bad habits from theism!  ;D

The last time I remembered atheists gathering to worship a non-existent god was actually on an episode of Metalocalypse where the Dethklok visited the atheist church and had protests by agnostics, which eventually broke out into an agnostic vs. atheist death match riot!

Although I am having trouble loading this, the evidence is probably in this video:

EDIT: I finally got it going. It is around the 1:25 mark.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:19:54 PM by Death over Life »

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 04:12:16 AM »

So now we know why poor Neville Longbottom[1] was so traumatized by the time he got to Hogwarts.

WRT the OP: it seems like only a matter of time before some of these whackjobs get together and form a real terrorist group.  As for the encouragements to "move to another country," it's tempting.  Living in a nation with 30-40 million authoritarian psychopaths is a little unnerving.  However, we should have one non-negotiable condition: we get to take all the advanced technological weaponry created by our pagan Science with us, or scrap it before we go, especially the nukes.  They should be left to fight their wars the way Jesus intended: on horseback, with swords.[2]
 1. Catholic priests, imitating Beavis and Butthead: "Long."  "Bottom."  "Hehe.  Hehehe. He. Hehehe."
 2. See the description of the battle of Armageddon in the Book of Revelation.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:42 AM »
WRT the OP: it seems like only a matter of time before some of these whackjobs get together and form a real terrorist group.  As for the encouragements to "move to another country," it's tempting.  Living in a nation with 30-40 million authoritarian psychopaths is a little unnerving.  However, we should have one non-negotiable condition: we get to take all the advanced technological weaponry created by our pagan Science with us, or scrap it before we go, especially the nukes.  They should be left to fight their wars the way Jesus intended: on horseback, with swords.[nb]See the description of the battle of Armageddon in the Book of Revelation.

I'd love the idea of making up a country or moving elsewhere en masse, but that'd be admitting defeat and bowing to petty religious threats and extremism. And I believe they'd, according to literal interpretation of the Book of Revelation, sheathe their swords in their esophagus just like Jesus not wave them.  &)

The last time I remembered atheists gathering to worship a non-existent god was actually on an episode of Metalocalypse where the Dethklok visited the atheist church and had protests by agnostics, which eventually broke out into an agnostic vs. atheist death match riot!

LOL.

"Oh come on, I grew up in the Mid-west, I don't wanna see another Christian rock band",

"There is no god, listen to this guitar oough."

"I'm going to check out the Christian mosh pit!"

To the OP, I am saddened but not surprised by the behavior of those Christians. They probably feel so insecure about anyone else questioning their own faith that they treat atheism as a personal attack on their potential eternal life. They obviously don't practice the "love thine enemy" command. I guess they feel they can say whatever they want about atheists because Jesus is their get out of jail free card, so they don't care if they "sin". That's why it sickens me that atheists get called Satan-worshippers, baby-eaters, evil doers, etc. Historically, Christianity has done way more damage than atheism ever will. Christians merely use their self-projected "God" to justify whatever barbarism suits their fancy.

Agreed.

I think far more of them believe we are direct soldiers of Satan himself.

I suppose that's worse than being these guys  &):

The Christian militant group warriors of 'Hutaree'. Or that Army of God group that takes abortion clinic employees hostage and mails fake anthrax to scare the shit out of hundreds of people.

And okay, guys, which one of you revealed our deepest, darkest secrets from our secret militant atheists meetings to this guy?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:03:00 AM by C »
The Second C

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
I suspect he got them from a dream.  They make about as much sense as one, anyway.

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »

I am not, I am actually thinking about how these guys say that they are better then every one else but all I see is how they are just like the Islamic radical who took the towers down. What I am surprised about is that they haven't started trying to Kill the Islamic people for trying to bring sharia law into this country.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.