Author Topic: How the Hebrew world was created  (Read 241 times)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
How the Hebrew world was created
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
I've done some time-wasting, trying to understand the Hebrew story of creation, so I could illustrate it.

I'm sure you've read it a few times, and with your modern scientific mind, you just could not see what was going on. It's perfectly straightforward, once you understand 2 stupid things. I shall de-educate you to moron-level, as I explain the illustrations.

This one is quite simple. You just have heaven above, and waters below. God floats around. Note how the illustration is square, and things just stop at the edge. This is intentional. The Hebrew world did not exist past the side edges, and things inside it were flat as a pancake. This is not an artifact of my presentation.

This is where it starts to get stupid. Light appears, and it is a disembodied light above the water. We all know that when you are on the moon, the sky is black. Children cannot understand why you can see stars in the day-time. Like children, they did not understand atmospheric scattering, so believed that the general lightness of the sky, was caused by a disembodied light, that radiated in from all directions.

This is is where we get a severe problem with their misunderstanding of atmospheric scattering. God divides the disembodied light into two halves. They then rotate around the world in "days". The problem with this model, is that you should be able to see a shadow terminator, traveling across the sky. You should be able to see darkness in the sky, at the same time as lightness.

This is where it gets even sillier, and most scientific minds just go into meltdown, trying to understand it. The blue sky is caused because the disembodied light shines through a layer of water. So, they could understand blue scattering in water, because they had seen it up close; but they could not understand that air could do the same thing.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament (atmosphere) Heaven. At this point, we now have two "heavens". One is generally bright, and one is generally blue, and under the water level. It's not an artifact of my presentation, that I have left the cream sky in.

This bit is fairly simple: the lower waters move to the side, a bit, and Tel Aviv appears.

This bit is pretty simple, too. The sun has still not been created, but God populates the world with trees. Still, they did not understand photosynthesis. If liberals say that the "days" were millions of years, then the herbs had to exist in very low light conditions for quite a while.

Eventually, the sun and stars appear. I thought for a while whether the sun would be above the water or below; I came to the conclusion that it would be below, (a) because it says so, and (b) because the moon would appear blue if it were above the waters. There is no way that stars could be above the waters, because they would get all fuzzy.

This still leaves the problem of explaining how the sky becomes coincidentally dark, when the sun sets. I guess the night hemisphere sort of magically happens as the sun sets, so you get to see the stars.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:40:31 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
Re: How the Hebrew world was created
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:33:02 AM »
The pictures aren't showing!  :'(

So the sun is below the water? The following picture lied to me! :O And yeah, trees existing without the sun is pretty stupid.

The Second C

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 01:41:54 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out. I hope I have fixed it, using thumbnails.

That picture of yours, show the sun under the water, but it does not illustrate the disembodied light above the water.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 01:46:03 AM »
Oh that water. Thought you were talking about the other water. My bad.
The Second C