Author Topic: Astronomers Discover Complex Organic Matter Exists Throughout the Universe  (Read 269 times)

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
I think I had some of that on my shoe the other day. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline pingnak

Technically, in chemistry, 'organic' is anything with carbon in it.  And there's lots of carbon out there in the universe, available to be combined with all kinds of other things, in all kinds of conditions.

Is this a surprising finding that carbon chains and other 'complex' molecules have formed?  Absolutely not. 

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +538/-13
  • WWGHA Member
That's really interesting.  I wonder if it means life on Earth could have been because of some combination of both panspermia and abiogenesis?  This organic material comes from space, already fairly complex, and then once here, reacts with materials on Earth in order to create something that we consider alive.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
Cosmic sperm to fertilize the earthly egg.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Cosmic sperm?  More like Sperm of Yahweh.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +538/-13
  • WWGHA Member
Not unless YHWH uses old stars to...ahem.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
Na...The universe is the womb see? The earth is the egg...the complex organic matter is YHWH's sperm so what do you think the big bang was? Think about it  ;)

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
I remember finding an old Playboy magazine of my dad's, and seeing a cartoon in there that depicted a giant condom, floating in space.  And there were astronauts in a space ship declaring "I think this proves the big bang theory!"