Author Topic: Ex-JW, Apatheist, 4ever  (Read 923 times)

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
  • ^This is Molly. Btw, I'm an apatheist forever.
    • My game: Fire Emblem Phoenix Saga
Ex-JW, Apatheist, 4ever
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »
Hey guys, I'm Tony, 19, Male, living over here in the wonderful state of Washington! (Though I miss Oregon sometimes cuz I just moved up here.) I used to be a Jehovah's Witless when I was a kid and through a lengthy process finally abandoned my faith (Because it's retarded.) and now I'm happily an apatheist, caring not the slightest what religion might have to do with my life in the following years.

I got a gorgeous girlfriend, here's a picture of her and I.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Aaaaand in my free time I'm making a game for fun. Other than that, I'm unemployed right now and hunting for a job, so if there happens to be someone in the Vancouver Washington area with a free job opening up, just gimme a holler. Forgive me if I don't cross my fingers ;)

I mostly joined this forum because it's busy, it's a lot of fun to debate religion (Especially when you're not on the faith side) and also it seems more atheist oriented which appeals to me. I hope we all have some great chats here :D

PS: No spoiler tags?? D=
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:40:41 AM by Klokinator »

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: Ex-JW, Apatheist, 4ever
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »
Hey guys, I'm Tony, 19, Male, living over here in the wonderful state of Washington! (Though I miss Oregon sometimes cuz I just moved up here.)

Hi, Klokinator, welcome to WWGHA.  Pacific Northwest... never been there, but I've heard a lot of good things about it from those who have.

I used to be a Jehovah's Witless when I was a kid and through a lengthy process finally abandoned my faith (Because it's retarded.)

Wow.  And at such a young age, too.  I've heard about what JWs go thru when they leave the faith, and it sounds pretty harrowing.  Glad to see you appear to have made it out relatively unscathed.

The JW religion is the branch of Christianity that I'm most familiar with by far.  When I was about your age, a JW knocked on my door, and I actually let him in, and we studied together for several months.  Sometimes I wonder whether I'm the only such case.  *chuckle*

and now I'm happily an apatheist, caring not the slightest what religion might have to do with my life in the following years.

Welcome to the real world.  You're going to love it here.  For my own part, I have tremendous difficulty wondering why anyone would be so involved with religion when the real world around is so much more fascinating.  Ever heard of the mimic octopus?  Someone else here at WWGHA mentioned it a while back.  Check it out on YouTube sometime.  It's freaky.

I got a gorgeous girlfriend, here's a picture of here and I.

Nice!  Here's me and my girlfriend:

(Well, OK, I might be lying about that a little bit.  Or a lot.  But that is me on the left there.)

I mostly joined this forum because it's busy, it's a lot of fun to debate religion (Especially when you're not on the faith side) and also it seems more atheist oriented which appeals to me. I hope we all have some great chats here :D

Of that, you may rest assured.  This is a good time to join, because we've got a few theists active right now, and that always livens things up.  Times we have no believers active, which is, unfortunately, more often than not, it can be somewhat more sedate.

PS: No spoiler tags??

As far as I know, no.  No real need for them on a site like this, I wouldn't think.  It's not like IMDb or anything.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:04:22 AM »
HARDLY unscathed. Feel free to read up on a bit of it here: http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/17799/New-guy-here-my-life-story-Med-Long?page=1

(The post is over a year old so it's not very up-to-date, particularly on that bit about the girl I liked ;)

I pretty much use spoiler tags constantly to keep walls of text in check, and to hide huge images. I can adapt if they're not used here though. And if you google my username you'll find that I've been on the net for a looooooong time now.

PS: That picture is LIES xD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:06:30 AM by Klokinator »

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »
HARDLY unscathed. Feel free to read up on a bit of it here: http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/17799/New-guy-here-my-life-story-Med-Long?page=1

Well, in that case, I hope we'll be able to help you recover, if you still need help with that.  Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it when things slow down a bit here at the office.

I pretty much use spoiler tags constantly to keep walls of text in check, and to hide huge images. I can adapt if they're not used here though.

As far as I know, like I said, they're not implemented.  Don't worry about hiding huge images or anything.  Most people don't do that very often in any event.

PS: That picture is LIES xD

What, you don't think I could bag a Victoria's Secret model?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »
Oh I'm recovered, but the JW's have had far reaching effects on my life. The constant pressure to perform to "gods" standards led to intense perfectionism (Something my gf has complained about a few time) and self-criticalness. I judge my actions far more harshly than most other people so and I have a self persecution complex from hell. Did I mention terrible ADHD that affects me in over 9000 ways?

There's also the matter of all my family and JW friends *sorta* shunning me. I was never baptized but they're still disgusted I'd ever leave the Lie. Only a few people ever talk to me and it's very sparse, usually small bits of chit chat.

But thank god science for all my new friends! They're a lot better than JW's anyway :)

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:41:04 PM »
Welcome, Klok! Hope you find this forum interesting. After I left the church just a few months ago, most of my Christian friends stopped contacting me, so I know what you mean about the shunning. It's way better to hang out with people who accept you for you, anyway. My new age friends are way more accepting of my agnostic atheism, oddly enough. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this very short clip about shunning:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:03:55 AM »
I really love CTU. It's such a whimsical funny little miniseries, I wish he'd continued it longer lol. I remember when the teaser for part 4 came out, it had rick astley and stuff, it was soooo funny lol

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »
Hi, Klok. Velcome to WWGHA.

Who's that in your avatar?

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:37:46 PM »
No idea who she is lol, it's a long standing joke on another forum that I go to that we all call her "Molly" because she creeps out a couple people and I gave her a random name just for lulz.

Also isn't she adorable?

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »
When I first saw it, I was like "Damn, she's hot," but after watching it 20 times in a row, I too am creeped out. Oh well.

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 11:51:39 PM »

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:18 PM »
:(