Author Topic: Newborn babies in Spain stolen and sold by Catholic Church  (Read 952 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Newborn babies in Spain stolen and sold by Catholic Church
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
You know, every time I think the Catholic Church has finally hit bottom, morals-wise, it pulls out a shovel and starts digging.  Seems the Catholic Church in Spain has been "helping" women give birth, then taking the baby away, telling the mother that it was stillborn but that they couldn't see the body or anything.  In actuality, the Church was selling the babies to other couples whom the Church thought would make "better parents".  (One can only imagine what their criteria would be for such a judgment.)  It wasn't a few isolated incidents, either, it was several hundred thousand babies over a fifty-year period.  At least.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049647/BBC-documentary-exposes-50-year-scandal-baby-trafficking-Catholic-church-Spain.html
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
Re: Newborn babies in Spain stolen and sold by Catholic Church
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
This was posted here back in July.  I wonder how many other countries this is taking place in.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-25/catholic-church-apologises-over-forced-adoptions/2808672
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
This was posted here back in July.  I wonder how many other countries this is taking place in.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-25/catholic-church-apologises-over-forced-adoptions/2808672

Australia, too?  Well, that means they can't blame the Spanish ones on the political situation in Spain at the time.  You're right, this really does raise the question: where else has this happened that we don't know about?  And is it still happening now?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
Religion...you got to love it.  You are right...how much lower can the Catholic Church go? 
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Religion...you got to love it.  You are right...how much lower can the Catholic Church go?

You do realize this is just begging fate.  Like when the flaky scientist in the movie says, "What could possibly go wrong?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:14:44 PM by albeto »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
is it a step up? ,they used to just kill them.....at least that is the experience of my people.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Some people and/or groups raise arrogance to an art form, it seems.  Not that the USA is especially good in this regard, but we generally wait until a parent has shown themselves to be unfit to raise their child before taking them away.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +846/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
If the woman is unmarried, not monogamous, not Catholic and/or of a race different from the father, she might be considered unfit by some. So, kidnapping her baby and lying to her about it was okay, but letting her keep and raise the baby would be wrong. And having an abortion under any circumstances would be wrong. Okay.

This is truly evil.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 12:27:26 AM »

Lower than a snake's belly in a wagon-rut.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline trivormorris

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »
As many as 300,000 infants has been stolen from their mothers and fathers, according to a new BBC 2 TV documentary. The first mothers and fathers were told that their kid had passed away, according to a recent BBC 2 TV documentary titled “Spain's Taken Babies”. Source for this article: Catholic Church stole Spanish babies, resold them.I cannot imagine a religious institution can do this to the young ones.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 05:07:51 AM »
I hate to go all ad hominem on this but the Daily Mail is not a source and should not be cited as evidence of anything except what it said[1]

The Daily Mail is somewhat like the old National Enquirer.  It has always been that way.  It's like Fox News without the "fair and balanced".  It was a pro-Nazi in the 1930s and praised Oswald Mosely, the head of the British Fascists.

For its characteristic misreporting it is known as The Daily Fail.
For its century of right wing editorial policy it is known as The Daily Heil.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
 1. Like the Bible.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »
Okay, this explains the background of the Spanish horror film about the government taking child services away from the Catholic Church.

The BBC is a source I trust for news over the American MSM.  For example I remember NBC during the Iraq War.  One day they reported an English helicopter crash and 1 American killed.  I saw the BBC service the same day and it reported it was 5 Englishmen and 1 American killed.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »
Vile. Disgusting. Words fail me.
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe