Author Topic: My son asked the big question.  (Read 245 times)

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
My son asked the big question.
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »
     My kid is 23 and is a diver in the U.S. Navy.  We never got into religion when he was a kid.  Never gave it much thought.  He was always a good kid in the worlds eyes.  Of course he is a wretch in the eyes of at least bible god. But I digress.  In the navy he has been approached by xians about eternity and he had just gotten back from the United Arab Emirates at the time of his visit.  So he heard the music 5 times a day for the call to prayer.  Women in burkas....   
     So we are relaxing one night and out of the blue he asks,  "Dad, is there a god?"   I said, "No."    That was it.  Then later I had him youtube  Harris, Dawkins  and Ray Comfort, Todd Friel.  This way he can get opposing views.  Well that was all it took.  He loved Dawkins.  Comfort and Friel he could not stomach for long.  He had never heard of any of these people before BTW.
     We drank some beers later and I gave him the Ray Comfort are you a good person test.  We were buzzing and he recorded it on his phone.  It was funny watching it the next day.  Also he egged me on to open air preach like Comfort.  So I did with only him in the Audience.  He recorded it and watches it and shows it to all his friends.  Damn it.  But what the hell.
    Just wanted to share.  thanks.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: My son asked the big question.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »
congratulations for having a smart curious kid.  Wish I could drink with my folks and get buzzed. It'd do them a lot of good. :)

and gee, can we see the videos oh please oh please ;D 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
The open air one is still available. I'll post it when he sends it too me soon.

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
I got the video but I don't know how to put it here.  This is an edit from an attempt to copy and paste the video here.  I am trying something new.  i am drunk and open airing.  I should probably not post it.  But I will if able.  Stupid as it may be.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:49:37 PM by thunderridge »

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:21:07 AM »
This should be good.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Albright412

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 02:16:11 AM »
Hey pop  im trouble shooting the video thing i think our internet is too shitty out here, plus i guess i have to make 3 post to existing topics before i can create my own, so heres one and you got my username now

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
Is this an awkward family moment?   ;D

Welcome to the forum Albright!  And get your ass back to the states...I heard you were currently deployed?  J/k...

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »
 :laugh:Yes this is very awkward Jetson.  My kid is agnostic atheist.  Not a gnostic atheist.  Very disappointed. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:54:50 PM by thunderridge »