Author Topic: Jews,gay and others  (Read 479 times)

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
Jews,gay and others
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
when the Nazis killed the Jews. why was it wrong? every religion has done something that there god told them to do. how was this different? (i understand that Hitler used this as a escape goat for the problems that Germany was having) I have also seen that many Christians say that executing gays is ‘moral’. In many other countries that don't have set laws like we do in America have killed gays. Is it wrong for gay to start wanting to kill Christians? 

I no more care if the christian kill gay or the gays kills Christians. I see nothing wrong with it but in order to do this i think America should set up laws to protect the people that stand in the middle. 

Morality does not need god
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +74/-1
Re: Jews,gay and others
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Maybe there's someone out there who doesn't think there's anything wrong with killing YOU. Or your mom. Would you agree with that? Would you think that's just dandy and not insane at all?

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Maybe there's someone out there who doesn't think there's anything wrong with killing YOU. Or your mom. Would you agree with that? Would you think that's just dandy and not insane at all?

depends, if i could protect my self from it. if not then who knows
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »
Can you name a gay that kills Christians? You seem to be claiming an equivalence here of each side trying to kill the other, so let's have some names we can check out.

My prediction: no equivalence exists and the issue is entirely one-sided.
Denis Loubet

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
Can you name a gay that kills Christians?

Can we pull up people from the past? If so Jeffrey Dahmer. It's not clear whether or not he targeted Christians specifically but he was gay.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • Denisloubet.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »
If he didn't specifically target Christians, then no, it does not apply to the issue in question.

He was also frickin' looney, so we're not talking a big common movement here. Maybe I just moved the goalposts, but when we think of people who are willing to kill gays, we think of entire southern states in the US filled with Christians, when we think of gays that are willing to kill Christians we think of...?

I got nothin'.
Denis Loubet

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
when the Nazis killed the Jews. why was it wrong? every religion has done something that there god told them to do. how was this different?

Well for one Hitler was not a god so why the analogy with religion ?

(i understand that Hitler used this as a escape goat for the problems that Germany was having) I have also seen that many Christians say that executing gays is ‘moral’.

do you actually know people like this ?

if so i would say there are not adhering to the teaching of Jesus and they are not Christians. I can call myself the heavyweight champ but it dont make it so. confession of faith doesn't count for much James said Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. Namley obedience to the commands of God.

In many other countries that don't have set laws like we do in America have killed gays.

Name one of these many countries please ?

Oi vey i'm not going there !

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
when the Nazis killed the Jews. why was it wrong?

Is this a joke?

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »
Oi vey i'm not going there !

L-Chaim, before you comment further on Badbah consider this:
Well, i am a christian and and i do believe in a God, so before you guys start trying to bash me or anything just hear me out and lets have a good thought full conversion. i not here to convert any one. i believe every one has there own personal God weather it is Jesus or if your young and cant fiend for your self then it would be your parents, but anyways i hope to have some good conversations with you guys. God put me on earth to accompish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die
I was just checking his ID to see if he indicated his national origin.  From his many mistakes in syntax, especially words left out[1] I don't think he is a native speaker of English.

I really can't figure out some of what he is saying in the OP. 
 1. Altho that is my most frequent error.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
when the Nazis killed the Jews. why was it wrong?

Is this a joke?

yes it was.... sarcasiam

Quote from: Babdah on Today at 11:42:20 AM

when the Nazis killed the Jews. why was it wrong? every religion has done something that there god told them to do. how was this different?

Well for one Hitler was not a god so why the analogy with religion ?

because to the germany at the time he was. he brought them out of a lot of hard ships.

(i understand that Hitler used this as a escape goat for the problems that Germany was having) I have also seen that many Christians say that executing gays is ‘moral’.

if so i would say there are not adhering to the teaching of Jesus and they are not Christians. I can call myself the heavyweight champ but it dont make it so. confession of faith doesn't count for much James said Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. Namley obedience to the commands of God.
http://minnesotaindependent.com/58393/gop-linked-punk-rock-ministry-says-executing-gays-is-moral

In many other countries that don't have set laws like we do in America have killed gays.

Name one of these many countries please ?

Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill

Can you name a gay that kills Christians? You seem to be claiming an equivalence here of each side trying to kill the other, so let's have some names we can check out.

My prediction: no equivalence exists and the issue is entirely one-sided.

No i can not but i am sure when it gets to a certain point it might start happening.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »

here is something else you might enjoy reading

http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/us-hate-crime-bill-will-force-christians-to-accept-sin/

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
The Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill has not been passed.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 03:08:27 PM »
No i can not but i am sure when it gets to a certain point it might start happening.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  Sorry to have been thick.  I think, in general, the superior value of a secular moral code is illustrated in your examples and Hitler's regime was really quite dogmatic in essence. Generally, the gist of the goal was considered paramount and details weren't up for discussion.  That's why it was religious in nature.  A secular moral code takes into consideration the well-being of each individual and not the dogmatic ideology.  I suspect the GLBT community will have had so many years of suppression and being labeled scapegoats that as a community they would shun these same dogmatic tactics.  "Kill all the [fill in the blank]" doesn't make sense in a moral sense unless a dogmatic ideology is considered more important than the well-being of any individual or group of individuals.  The GLBT community doesn't have a dogmatic ideology such as the "gay agenda" they are accused of, so I don't see any comparison.  I hope I'm understanding your point better. If not, feel free to ignore.  :-)

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

It hasn't but the simple fact that it would even be considered is wrong. Uganda is a country where American-style evangelical Christianity is exploding, and there are close links between many American anti-gay preachers, politicians, and activists, and their Ugandan counterparts.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

It hasn't but the simple fact that it would even be considered is wrong. Uganda is a country where American-style evangelical Christianity is exploding, and there are close links between many American anti-gay preachers, politicians, and activists, and their Ugandan counterparts.

Yes - and it's likely that these American evangelicals are operating on some set of morals that no one else agrees with except hard-core Bible thumping zealots.  And the Muslims.

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »

Yes - and it's likely that these American evangelicals are operating on some set of morals that no one else agrees with except hard-core Bible thumping zealots.  And the Muslims.

Well if a culture defines it morals...whats your problem ? see what happens when objective moral values are taken away ? when men do what is right in their own eyes...chaos ensues. This is why you should recognize objective moral values.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Well if a culture defines it morals...whats your problem ? see what happens when objective moral values are taken away ? when men do what is right in their own eyes...chaos ensues. This is why you should recognize objective moral values.

I'm not sure if you're pretending to be stupid or if you really are as big an idiot as you seem. You assume objective moral values (which just happen to be your own) and then assume that if people don't follow them, "chaos ensues". You have not proven anything, you've just been stonewalling
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

The chair of the Democratic National Committee said Tuesday she would “certainly consider” spending money to combat anti-gay constitutional amendments next year in Minnesota and North Carolina. So in my opinion it isnt just hard-core Bible thumping zealots.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »

when a culture is influenced by a myth that has yet to be proven how can you assume those moral are even right

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

There are no objective morals, that's the problem.  That's also why societies have laws, precisely because what is "objectively" moral to a culture or society, does not apply to every citizen.  Sadly, some of those citizens choose to go against those morals.  They are then faced with the laws against those actions.