Author Topic: In order to believe in God.  (Read 28141 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: In order to believe in God.
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
Now the whole Christinanity has become "killing their own kids" cult.

No, but taken fully, it could easily become one. Problem with absolutes, as I mentioned before

No wonder you are predestined into 'LOFFE'

One of the unseen unprovable absolutes that pollutes any decision making. It is ugly and vile
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2011, 07:21:46 PM »
.....and what tool would you use to discern if it really was a message from your god?
Obviously you cannot just use faith or belief or feelings, as these have proven to be somewhat lacking in efficacy...

What tool do you use to discern the lack of veracity of their claims?
The bible

So you dismissed my whole post with this throwaway answer.

Could you please explain how the bible will work as a tool to show you it is god  telling you to cut your children's heads off (and not just you having a mental malfunction)?

How will the bible serve you any better than it served the poor deluded fools who did kill their children because they were told by god ?

I can safely call them poor deluded fools without being unjust to their beliefs for exactly the same reasons the whole of society called them "damaged goods"and put them out of society, because, they were mad, dangerous, and deluded.

Odd isn't it that society always judges these "heard the word of god" killers to be insane?

In all our modern history, not one of these people has been judged to be acting by divine decree. How does that work for you?
Why has there not been at least one "Abraham" who killed their kids and is everywhere lauded for their "faith"?

How can society (a predominately theist society) presume to judge whether your "unknowable" god decreed this behaviour or not?
And what is the likelihood, that in all the "did it cause god told me to" cases, every single one has been judged insane?

I'll tell you why.

It is the greatest single lie on this planet today.

Most people in society, deep down doubt that there really is a god.
They maintain the fiction of their belief for all sorts of reasons, but when it comes to the real crunch, their real lack of conviction always betrays them.

Society would like living in an asylum, if random demented harpies and brain-seizured patriarchs were given the latitude to act on their idiotic
"god told me to kill my family and my neighbour and the weathergirl" mental breakdowns without some rational force restraining them.
Unfortunately for their victims (for whom it is often too late), society deems these 'god-hearers" to be broken, and to be put away somewhere where they might mend, or at least where they can harm no one else.
And society never even considers that god may have told them to do it, because (at least subconsciously) society knows there is no gods, and always follows this knowledge when it counts.

So to back up your claim that the bible would be your tool of choice to verify that it is god telling you to kill your kids, if you can please show me in the bible the section concerned with determining whether it is god telling you to kill your kids, or whether it is your own internal dysfunction, I would be very grateful.

I would also wonder why the bible failed every other "sad, bad and mad" deluded family slaying fool before you?
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2011, 07:50:16 PM »
So to back up your claim that the bible would be your tool of choice to verify that it is god telling you to kill your kids, if you can please show me in the bible the section concerned with determining whether it is god telling you to kill your kids, or whether it is your own internal dysfunction, I would be very grateful.
Are you serious?
I would absolutely not harm my daughter, I would die for her.
I don't know if you have any children, but I am a mother. What the fuck are you taking about?
How could you even ask "would you kill your kid if God asks?"
I don't even want to think about harming anybody especially my own daugher.

And you guys bettet stop talking about this 'killing your own kid' thing, it makes me sick.
I almost vomit trying to finish reading this fucktard Raymond kid's post.

If you truly want to know God, stop messing around each other and start praying.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:53:25 PM by SERPENT KILLA »
HAVE A GOOD LIFE BECAUSE LIFE IS SHORT AND THERE IS NOTHING AFTER THAT.
IF THERE IS SOMETHING AFTER THAT, I AM NOT SORRY BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
over the early years God commanded his "followers" to kill men,women AND children. God himself considered these people to be enemies of "his" people.

Would killing be ok if it is an enemy of God? even if the victims are children?

GW Bush (A real life president) told his country that God told him to invade Iraq. GW would not lie or be delusional,would he? GW's troops killed on GW's orders and GW's orders came from God himself.....or did GW just use God as an excuse(meaning God did not really tell him what to do) and do as he wanted?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
Are you serious?
I don't know if you have any children, but I am a mother. What the fuck are you taking about?

And you guys bettet stop talking about this 'killing your own kid' thing, it makes me sick.

If you truly want to know God, stop messing around each other and start praying.

Now I am genuinely concerned for her daughter. It's like she just flipped a switch or something...anybody else catch that? This post is completely out of character from her previous posts. Either someone in her home has logged on her account or she really has issues. I think her daughter SHOULD have access to a shotgun for her own protection.

Edit to add:

Or you have grown tired of this POE you created maybe?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:25:54 PM by jaybwell32 »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
Now I am genuinely concerned for her daughter. It's like she just flipped a switch or something...anybody else catch that? This post is completely out of character from her previous posts. Either someone in her home has logged on her account or she really has issues. I think her daughter SHOULD have access to a shotgun for her own protection.
I am more concerned about your kids Jay.
My daughter? No worries, she is good hand.  ;)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
SERPENT, no one is forcing you to participate.  The question that I asked was serious, and you answered honestly.  But you also disclosed a side of you that you likely do not believe is possible - you stated that you would kill your child if God asked you to.

This is what God asked of Abraham, and even the story tellers were unable to go through with it!  They probably knew that if the story ended in the death of his child, that people would be disgusted in such a command form a supposedly all loving god.  So, the story attempts to show God as merciful and loving by having him step in and save the day at the last minute.

As you can see, some members of the forum are in fact unsettled, at least, that you would even consider killing your own child if God asked or commanded it of you.  I hope you can understand why some of us see that as very disturbing.

I think we all realize that it is very, very rare, but it does happen. And when it does, it is beyond sad that the excuse is that God told them to do it.  Think about it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:10:46 PM by jetson »

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +406/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:09 PM »
I like the response to this I've seen awhile back:

He would be omnicient enought to know what would convince me...even though I currently don't know what would; and he would be omnipotent enough to do said convincing.
My point exactly, He doesn't want to convince you.
Don't you get it?

Are you serious?

God doesn't *want* us to know him.  God doesn't *want* to convince us.  Don't you get it?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
JayB:
It's like she just flipped a switch or something...anybody else catch that?
Hard to miss.

In post 270, SK answered Jetson's question unambiguously:
SERPENT...if God asked you to kill your child, would you do it?
YES.
Now she says:

You appear to be contradicting yourself, SK.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #328 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
SERPENT, no one is forcing you to participate.  The question that I asked was serious, and you answered honestly.  But you also disclosed a side of you that you likely do not believe is possible - you stated that you would kill your child if God asked you to.

This is what God asked of Abraham, and even the story tellers were unable to go through with it!  They probably knew that if the story ended in the death of his child, that people would be disgusted in such a command form a supposedly all loving god.  So, the story attempts to show God as merciful and loving by having him step in and save the day at the last minute.

As you can see, some members of the forum are in fact unsettled, at least, that you would even consider killing your own child if God asked or commanded it of you.  I hope you can understand why some of us see that as very disturbing.

I think we all realize that it is very, very rare, but it does happen. And when it does, it is beyond sad that the excuse is that God told them to do it.  Think about it.
God would not ask you to do something he was not willing to do himself.....Jesus.but of course according to the story,God did not have the guts to do it himself....so he enlisted the help of a Jew (who did it for money) and a few Romans to kill his "son".
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
God doesn't *want* us to know him.  God doesn't *want* to convince us.  Don't you get it?
Who is us?

what do you know? Do you know your future(destiny)?

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #330 on: October 27, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
Who is us?

HE  used your very own words in his post of YOU saying that very thing .....did you miss that

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #331 on: October 27, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Are you serious?

When Serpent Killa gets home she is not going to be happy with your language. Just sayin. I know you are trying to defend her against the evil hordes but you are doing more harm than good. Why not create your own account and join the fray?

edit:

If this is in fact THEE Serpent Killa we have all grown to know and love then I must say...You got a new swag.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:42:42 PM by jaybwell32 »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
'LOFFE"

Lake Of Fire For Eternity.

BWa hahahahahahahahahaha.

Thank you mod.

And that's funny to you, is it?

SK finds it vomitus to get through Raymond's post, but you think it's funny that God has an eternal lake of fire to burn 99% of the population of Earth.

A while back, I met a Christian guy who was running his own website to convince women that there was no hell, because he was worried about mothers who killed their children, so they'd avoid going to hell. (Christian theology [irrationally] has to excuse Children from hell.) You would have to conclude that the mother was willing to trade places, but they are obviously not in their right mind. If hell is real, then the most logical thing to do, is exterminate the human race. I imagine that God thinks it's funny that we don't have the guts to do it.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +406/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
Who is us?

Wow.  You're like some kind of advanced cybernetic Poe sent from the distant future to cause as much cognitive suffering ever.  That's awesome.

I'm stumped.  I have no way to respond to this.  Kudos.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »

Why would we "want to know" an entity we consider as likely to be real as Santa? But as to the "better stop talking about killing your own kid," PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THIS WHEN THEY BELIEVE GOD TOLD THEM TO.

Burying your head in the sand does not make that go away...any more than it make you stating you would will go away from our memory because you about faced on the issue.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
Are you serious?
I don't know if you have any children, but I am a mother. What the f**k are you taking about?

Oh, we'd better stop talking about it, huh? Is there an "Or else!" that comes with that? "Fucktard"? Lol... Damn lady, you've sure grown a giant set of balls since last you were here. Here's the thing sweet cheeks, your other personality SAID they'd kill their kid. So why don't you go vomit all over the one who actually considers engaging in child murder?

And nobody here wants to know your goofy ass god. I don't know WHAT made you think anybody did. All of us are already entirely too familiar with it's stupid fictional murderbook. That said, don't YOU look foolish? See, that's what you get for assuming stupid s**t. Knowledge is power. Act like you know.

- - -
Can we ban this account already? The original SK is worthless in the first place. She brought nothing compelling to the table, all she did is preach, she has made NO effort to learn about atheism or what it means to be an atheist (still saying she'd rather kill her kid than have them grow up atheist!? WTF?), she responds to people's lengthy and well articulated posts with one-word blow off answers, and she's provided multiple indications that she's mentally unwell. The "I'd kill my child" thing is just the latest (and admittingly most disturbing) example.

And now she seems to have totally lost control of her account. Which will fundamentally poison any thread she/he/it/they ever post in, since we'll have no idea who the hell we're trying to speak to at any given moment. I know SK has some goofy ass math system where 3=1 and 1=3, but are we really gonna let that apply to her account?

If her profile is NOT compromised, than she's completely fallen of her rocker and is displaying split personalities, in which case she needs to be seeing a doctor and not posting on forums that dismantle her deity... That's only gonna cause her to become more and more unhinged.

And if it's the same person trying to back-track... Wow. It would be one of the clumsiest and most dishonest attempts I've ever seen. I doubt this last possibility is actually the case though.

Anyway, maybe the child-killing thing has just left a nasty taste in my mouth, but I've said my piece on that subject and I'm pretty much just focused on the present here. I see nothing useful or positive that this account has brought or is going to bring to the forum, and with the arrival of this new Bizarro SK, all I see a recipe for deception, confusion, frustration, and, well, increased amounts of tard-ism.

The woman's quoted at least a sermon and a half to us by now, I think we gave her a fair enough shake. But maybe now it's time to send her packing?

Oh, as a related side note - nobody's been banned since like July I think, so, you know. The BanHammer needs to be put into action once in awhile or else it's going to get rusty, wink wink. Use it or lose it, as they say? Hmmmmmmm? :P

I dunno, maybe I'm totally on my own here. Wouldn't be the first time. But that's my nickle. <shrug>

Something to think about at least, maybe?

Bleh. Well at any rate, I'm retiring for the evening I think. Had about all the brain aneurysms I can handle for a Thursday.  'Night folks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:19:35 PM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »
*unlurks*

*prays to Herself that SK's kid finds this site and reads her parental unit's posts*

*relurks*
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
SK  up until this moment I have been polite, the only reason I remain so is the possibility that your account may have some limited blow-in using it.

However if it is you, I hardly think negatively Darwining me with this childish reason
YourIQmustbeunder48doyouevenknowwhatcontraditionis?
is a rational or christian answer to my post below.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,20275.msg452397.html#msg452397

Either you renounce that action and at least attempt to address the questions I have raised through several posts that you've dodged to date, or I am going to report you for dodging.

PS you will note that I have not once negatively Darwined you although I have been tempted many many times.
But like you say, jesus never sends  a temptation greater than we can bear.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
And nobody here wants to know your goofy ass god. I don't know WHAT made you think anybody did.

What the fuck are you doing here then?

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »
SK  up until this moment I have been polite, the only reason I remain so is the possibility that your account may have some limited blow-in using it.
Yeah right.

There are way more worse and stupier reasons you guys negatively darwined me, but I guest that's OK, because it atheists chewing on another Christian.

Get out of your shitty hole.

Let me ask you if you think there is no God, what are you doing here, what are you trying to prove?

BTW if the hell is so kin to you why don't you stay there for eternity? Kinhell?

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
Now I am 100% sure why I was chosen to be saved and you are not.

I was 99.9999% sure before I came here, but now I am 100%

thank you LOFFE residents.

BWA hahahahaha

From John 3 16.  Surprise ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Have a good life because life is short and there is nothing after that.
If there is something after that, I am not sorry because you deserve it.

See what I am talking about?
Add hormon. Homo. Hormonin.  My awesomeness will shine forever here.

This whole thing is just a joke (few month worth of fun)

Adios amigos. (Josee from Mexico) BWA ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »
Now I am 100% sure why I was chosen to be saved and you are not.

I was 99.9999% sure before I came here, but now I am 100%

thank you LOFFE residents.

BWA hahahahaha

Have a good life because life is short and there is nothing after that.
If there is something after that, I am not sorry because you deserve it.

See what I am talking about?
Add hormon. Homo. Hormonin.  My awesomeness will shine forever here.

This whole thing is just a joke (few month worth of fun)

Adios amigos. (Josee from Mexico) BWA ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Josee dont you mean hey-zues I was 99.99999% sure you were going to die and become worm-food now I am 100% sure

Raymond was right on calling you a FUCKTARD

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +236/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2011, 10:56:42 PM »

Low.... hanging.... fruit.  You should have stopped a long time ago. 

What a fucking idiot. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Jeff can't we be just friends?

Am. Pony my dear old friend, you are older than I thought.

And George, are you homo sexual?

Hal, congrats on your grand baby.

Screwtape, stop messing around until you get in deeeep trouble.

How many minutes until I get banned?

Having a last minute fun here.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
you did not mention the monkey....I am disapointed :-\

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +236/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15:58 PM »
Jeff can't we be just friends?

No.  You've embarrassed yourself so much that I'm almost feeling bad for you.  I'd prefer you just go away. 

You don't think anyone here is going to buy the notion that you were just here to 'have fun', do you? 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »
It sure was a lot of fun. (seriously)

I am smiling now so must have been lots of fun.

uh sorry monkey in Vancouver B.C.
have fun baking at safeway.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »
No wonder SK sounded so moronic. John 3:16 must have a pretty pathetic life if all he wants to do is troll here.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan