Author Topic: In order to believe in God.  (Read 25608 times)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
Re: In order to believe in God.
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

God isn't fair and He won't "bless" anyone!!!!  What difference does it make if you are born heir to the Heinz fortune or starving in Ethiopia?  The Bible talks about this!!!!  The guy who wrote 2/3 of the New Testament was beaten, shipwrecked, bitten by a poisonous snake, jailed, beaten again, scoffed at in such a way that makes the ridicule you put on us look like a girl scout Sunday school class heaping praise on each other...what difference does a persons lot in life make?

How do I maintain may patience????!!!!! 

When the Christians were being persecuted during Roman times, Roman soldiers led 200 Christians out onto a frozen lake and made them strip naked (it was winter).  If they denounced Jesus, they could enter a shanty near the lake where there was a warm fire and clothes for them to put on before their release.  The Christians started chanting "200 believers........"  When one took up the Roman soldiers offer, the chant became "199 believers....."   Shortly after the apostate entered the shanty, the Roman soldier charged with guarding him exited the shanty, took off his clothes, and walked onto the ice changing the chant back to "200 believers...."

This is not proven with observational science.  Only historical science using eyewitness accounts.

What does it matter how "blessed you are"?

Not that I'm saying that any of the above stories could not have happened, but they most likely didn't, and you have enhanced them for dramatic bullshit effect.

http://home.comcast.net/~romanou51/simandron/40m.pdf

The story goes that Agricola was purging Christians from his army. 40 soldiers were forced onto the lake and flogged, but none gave in. The story of Paul also has elements from another story of another heroic Paul, but I can't quite put my finger on which one, ATM.

BTW, your reply to me was irrelevant.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #291 on: October 26, 2011, 05:25:22 PM »
I challenge you to sit in a bathful of Black Mambas, with no protective clothing on, and pick a few up. I then want you to drink an entire glass of Cyanide.
Are you willing to put your faith to the test, or are you like any other sane person and will not even risk attempting this because you know you will die if you attempt this?
I will not accept your challenge Elliot.
That is clearly testing God.
Sit in a bathful of black mambas, are you crazy? What makes you think God will save me?
Because God said so? No He didn't say that. God said "I will protect you when you carry on my will"
God didn't say "I will make you invincible my son, so you can go do whatever (testing God, acting crazy)"

BTW what accomplishes, if I sat in a bathful of mambas?
Would you believe in God? I don't think so.
You would probably say "Do you have evidence?"

Elliot, if I were you.  I would get down on my knees and start praying.
I have seen so many people experience miracles by praying with sincerety and have their prayes answered. And guess what?
Not only they are healed but they obtained eternal life.
HAVE A GOOD LIFE BECAUSE LIFE IS SHORT AND THERE IS NOTHING AFTER THAT.
IF THERE IS SOMETHING AFTER THAT, I AM NOT SORRY BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT.

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Oh, and by the way, you are one sick, SICK piece of s**t human being.

What a souless coward you are, You vile fucking hag, you are mentally ill

You disgust me. And so does your savage child-killing cult.

I suppose I should look on the bright side. You're doing a fantastic job of demonstrating just how utterly fucking evil AND brainless your religion is. Keep it up.
Look at George's question again. Ray
He said "If God askes" I am talking about God. Not your neighbor Bob.
The God who created heaven and earth and us.
If this omnipotent being(anything is possible) directly tells me something to do, I would do it.
because for Him anything is possible. (raising anybody from the death would be one of them)
Of course I don't think God will ask me to do such thing.

So cool down. 
I have a worse horror story than above.
If you indoctrinate your kid into atheism.
It is so horrible, I don't even want to think about it, as a parent.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »
A *real* mother would be willing to endure a dozen of your mythical hells rather than harm their own child.

@Serpent Killa
I am the Lord, your God. You will be receiving instructions from me via this web forum in due time.

Keep the Faith
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Klokinator

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-2
  • ^This is Molly. Btw, I'm an apatheist forever.
    • My game: Fire Emblem Phoenix Saga
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
If this omnipotent being(anything is possible) directly tells me something to do, I would do it.
because for Him anything is possible. (raising anybody from the death would be one of them)
A little off topic here, but when was the last time the lord raised someone from the dead?

Right.

So it's been about a couple thousand years now. Would he do it again? No, but then again, why let your kid live on earth when they can be so happy in heaven!

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +360/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »
I challenge you to sit in a bathful of Black Mambas, with no protective clothing on, and pick a few up. I then want you to drink an entire glass of Cyanide.
Are you willing to put your faith to the test, or are you like any other sane person and will not even risk attempting this because you know you will die if you attempt this?
Sit in a bathful of black mambas, are you crazy? What makes you think God will save me?
Because God said so? No He didn't say that. God said "I will protect you when you carry on my will"
God didn't say "I will make you invincible my son, so you can go do whatever (testing God, acting crazy)"

I have seen so many people experience miracles by praying with sincerety and have their prayes answered. And guess what?

Still pretty sure you're a troll, but if not:

Are you saying you know some people who have attained eternal life?  I'd like you to expound on that further.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
SNIP  "If God askes" I am talking about God. Not your neighbor Bob.

.....and what tool would you use to discern if it really was a message from your god?
Obviously you cannot just use faith or belief or feelings, as these have proven to be somewhat lacking in efficacy...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/god-told-me-to-kill-boys-says-mother-558706.html

A Texas woman who stoned two of her children to death and seriously injured a third on Mother's Day last year told psychiatrists she was driven to kill by a message from God and that she was sure they would rise again from the dead.
"I felt like I obeyed God and I believe there will be good out of this," she explained in the interview, looking wide-eyed and sometimes smiling. "I feel like he will reveal his power and they will be raised up. They will become alive again."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/02/12/Dad-God-told-me-to-kill-my-son/UPI-71281234475937/

A Virginia man diagnosed with schizophrenia told reporters that he cut his 5-year-old son's head off to save him from the anti-Christ.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/9009375/detail.html

A man sentenced to 90 years in prison for attempting to set his Orlando home on fire with his family sleeping inside said God commanded him to sacrifice his wife and children,
"God had a plan for my family, I had no idea what that plan was," Missal said. "I trusted God and God was faithful to the end."

Missal said God stopped the sacrifice by waking up the family before he set the house on fire.

And why do you think that these god-fearing authorities all deny any chance that it may have been god's wish for these "sacrifices" to occur?
How can a theist society presume to judge whether or not god has spoken?
What tool do they use to make that judgement?
Are you certain that these "heard the word of god" theists were not doing god's will?

What tool do you use to discern the lack of veracity of their claims?

If the intent to sin is the sin, does that mean abraham committed the sin of murder even though the angel of the lord stopped him from sacrificing his son?

EDIT to remove ambiguity.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:22:01 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
thanks, kin, for troubling to type that out...pretty much exactly what I was just going to ask, but no doubt more gracefully worded

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »

oh ye of little faith......lets dismiss it and say you were accidentally bitten by a black mamba,will God save you if you ask? or will you just die? like the old saying goes pray for things with one hand and shit in the other...........

There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure he won't either, because he doesn't talk to anyone. Proof of this, is the extended doctrinal disputes that Christians have, that sometimes go on for centuries. If God could talk to anyone, he would have resolved the issue of whether the Holy Spirit is of greater rank than Jesus, why, in only a few decades. The dispute about the Trinity was fixed, when a forger entered the Comma Johanneum into the vulgate. It is forgers who typically advance Christian doctrine, since genuine Christians are too busy killing each other to decide on what God has said.

.....and what tool would you use to discern if it really was a message from your god?

What you do, is sit in a bath of black mambas, and if you survive, you say God told you to do it, to show your faith.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +203/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »

Actually, no.  This is testing your faith. 

Nothing.  But for VERY different reasons than you think. 

How do you know what God's will is?  Tell me something that you know for sure is "God's will" and then we can put you in a tub full of black mamba's while you're doing it, and see if you're right.   

UNLESS you're carrying out his will, right?  Then God will protect you.  So all you have to do is come up with something that you know for SURE is God's will.  Should be a piece of cake for a stout hearted believer like you! 

Well, it might be a good start to convincing some of us that your God really does have the power to protect you.  Is that not what you want?

What a waste of time that would be. 

I have seen so many people experience miracles by praying with sincerety and have their prayes answered.

No you haven't.  A miracle would be something that occurred that defied the very laws of nature.  Are you really going to say you saw that?  Something that could NOT be explained naturally?  We aren't talking about someone who's cancer was inoperable and then they went into remittance here.  And we aren't talking about someone who needed some money and they got some.  I mean something like... instead of the Captain Sully landing his plane in the Hudson river safely, the entire Hudson river turned into a concrete slab and the plane landed safely.  Or maybe perhaps... an amputees arm replaced with an intact, working, human arm?   THAT'S a miracle.  Do you have something like that? 

Wait a minute!  You say here that you've seen people be healed and suddenly become immortal?  That's awesome!  Can you please show the evidence of this?  I'd like to see the real Highlander myself. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #301 on: October 27, 2011, 07:19:20 AM »

Wait a minute!  You say here that you've seen people be healed and suddenly become immortal?  That's awesome!  Can you please show the evidence of this?  I'd like to see the real Highlander myself.

He means, he's know people who died.  The rest he has assumed because of comforting fables he has been told and believes whole heartedly.  So really, the exact opposite of what he said:
"Not only they are not healed but they obtained eternal death"

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »

I have seen so many people experience miracles by praying with sincerity and have their prayers answered. And guess what?

Why are we not allowed to test God? He tests us many times in the New and Old Testaments. You cannot say that it is bad. He explicitly says in Mark

Quote from: Mark 16:17-18
17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents in their hands; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

This is CLEARLY and irrefutably stating that the followers of Christ, that is those that believe in him, shall go out and will indeed show their God to be true by drinking poison, and handling snakes. If you do not do this, then you are not showing the 'signs following those that believe'.

No, actually you are the crazy one. I am merely suggesting you do what your book says you should be able to do, having been imbibed with the magical power of God. According to your beliefs, by going against this, you are doubting God. That's not a good position for someone so self assured in their beliefs.

I'm going to revert to Bible spouting here.

JOHN 6:5-6 NKJ
5 Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?"
6 But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.

The people are testing Jesus, and he obliges.

JAMES 1:2-3 NKJ
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
James stating that testing your faith is good. To an extent, you're fulfilling this by coming onto this forum, but unless you look upon our arguments with an open mind, you aren't really testing your faith.

Old testament quotes?

GENESIS 22:1-2 NKJ
1 Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham . . . .
2 And He said, "Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering . . . ."
God testing Abraham...

DEUTERONOMY 8:2-3 NKJ
2 "And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
God saying that the 10 COMMANDMENTS THEMSELVES are tests.

2 CHRONICLES 32:31 NKJ
31 . . . God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart.
More testing.....

Please Serpent Killa, how long do I have to go on posting irrelevant scripture to refute your own misinformed points?

Your God tests you every day. If He didn't, your life would be free from difficulty.

Now will you drink that cyanide? Or are you going to refuse because you know deep in your heart that you will die (because God will not save you)?

To be perfectly honest, if you sat in a bathful of lethal snakes and drank a lethal amount of poison, after praying to your God to save you, whilst having vital signs monitored by an unbiased scientist, then I'd convert pretty quickly. I'd imagine so would the rest of the Human Race.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
Obviously you cannot just use faith or belief or feelings, as these have proven to be somewhat lacking in efficacy...

The bible

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »

The bible

That is a faulty tool. It is a straight egde that is crooked, a hammer with no head, a ruler with random markings, a wrench that cannot grip, a plumbers helper that cannot make a seal, an awl without a point, a level without a bubble, and a file that lacks any teeth.

If the measuring tool cannot itself be shown to be true itself.....it is useless.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:20:19 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #305 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:09 AM »
Oh, and by the way, you are one sick, SICK piece of s**t human being.

What a souless coward you are, You vile fucking hag, you are mentally ill

You disgust me. And so does your savage child-killing cult.

I suppose I should look on the bright side. You're doing a fantastic job of demonstrating just how utterly fucking evil AND brainless your religion is. Keep it up.

So cool down. 
I have a worse horror story than above.
If you indoctrinate your kid into atheism.
It is so horrible, I don't even want to think about it, as a parent.

Oh f**k YOU you retarded bitch. I KNOW you're talking about your dumbass imaginary 3=1 + 5 - 2.2 zombie desert god and not "neighbor Bob" (DUR-HUR! CLEVER! &) ). Who CARES? It DOESN'T EXIST, so in reality what you're saying is, if the VOICES IN YOUR HEAD told you to do it, you'd do it.

You've already expressed that you don't think your god would ask you to do such a thing. But you've also stated that you don't know it's will, can't understand it's motives, don't know it's plan, and have no idea why things go the way they do. So you're not in a position to speculate what your god would or would not command, are you? Or how, or when, or pretty much anything else?

YOU DO NOT KILL YOUR KIDS. PERIOD. You *MUST* know how horribly wrong it is somewhere deep down. So grow a fucking SPINE you coward! Stand up to your imaginary tyrant if he tells you to murder children! I mean what the f**k is WRONG with you!?

And I don't have kids. But if I did, WHAT. WHAT would happen if I DID and I "indoctrinated" them into being atheists?

You can bet your pasty fat ass that there is not a single entity anywhere in the universe that could convince me to HURT THEM OR KILL THEM. EVER. UNDER *ANY* CIRCUMSTANCES. So right off the bat, I'm a better parent than you, even sans children.

Know why? Because when atheists hear voices telling us to murder our children in the name of ancient zombie gods, WE GO TO SEE A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. We don't sit around with our thumb in our ass going "Mehg, oy, iz that rely GAWD tawking n' iz thiz rely wut he wants?"

So f**k you and f**k your bullshit brainwashed "Oh NO those kids are ATHEIST HOW TERRIBLE" bullshit. You don't have a leg to stand on after admitting you'd murder your kids. You have lost ALL credibility for being considered a decent, sane human being worth talking to.

Including your own kids. Something tells me they don't know dear old mom's opinion on this subject. Why don't you do the Christian thing, be honest, and go tell them? "You know kids, I'd absolutely kill you if god told me to." See how they react. See how much appreciation they show for your devotion.

Like I said, *MY* mother would endure a dozen "hells" before harming her children. You would not. Thus, you are an inferior mother, an inferior human being, and your religion has brain damaged you into being a vile, dispicable person whom 95% of the world would spit on if they knew your thoughts on the subject.

f**k, even if your god DID exist, and commanded you to kill your kids,  you are a still a spineless, souless psychopath for doing something so horrible just because something in a position of power COMMANDED you too. "But it's GOD!" So what if you think it's a god? Might makes Right! That's what you're arguing. You KNOW that "Might Makes Right" is utterly wrong. You KNOW it is. So take a stand for f**k's sake! Say "NO!" Where are your principles woman??? Where are those morals that you claim atheists don't have??? Right out the window upon divine request, eh? Do you have any idea what ugly things this indicates about your character? 

You know what that makes you? I mean, besides an unlikeable, delusional, psychotic, murderous, sociopathic, cowardly, deceptive, dangerous, and probably horribly bloated piece of s**t human being? A TOOL.

Where does the infanticide stop? What if your bloodthirsty super being commanded you to kill MORE kids? At what point would you say "Enough!"? 20 kids? 50? Is there a point where you would actually stand up for yourself and say "NO"? Or would you be willing to become a serial killer for Yahweh if it requested such a thing from you?

No matter how you justify it, your original confession has clearly demonstrated that every atheist on this site is a better person than you, is more couragous than you, has better morals than you OR your god, and that you need to be locked up someplace where your delusions and fears can not manifest themselves in ways that will hurt yourself or others. Well, others anyway. I don't particularly care if you hurt yourSELF, to be honest.

I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed that your sinister imaginary boogieman tells you to waddle your ass down to the railyard for some holy train dodging this afternoon.

People like you drag the entire species down. Congratulations, you've revealed yourself to be a human cancer. >:(

edited: To tone down the hostility.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:11:34 AM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
Wow

SK you are actually saying Killing your children isn't nearly as bad as telling them your favored mythological figure isn't any more real the Vishnu or Appollo.

This, ladies and Gentlemen, is why I am more than an atheist, I am an Anti-theist. When you invent absolutes, unprovable, invisible, imaginary ABSOLUTES like "eternal soul" a person who actually believes in them will ignore actual real sufferring and pain to serve a "greater good" of infinity. This is how religion poinsons everything.

Demonstrated right here by SK in say killing is better than actually making sense. Congratulations SK in demonstrating how truly awful religion is, a pestilence on the human race.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:10:55 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »

I never wanted kids. IMO they're small, annoying little assholes who go through too many "phases" and don't even recognize it.

However, if I ever made the mistake of not wearing a condom which resulted in an unwanted pregnancy (assuming that my opinion on abortion had changed by then) and assuming your god's existence had been 100% proven, I would never do such a thing.
I don't care how powerful this deity is, any being which asks me to kill anything is EVIL, plain and simple.
Do you know what kind of damage a child will suffer by knowing that the person he/she trusts most in the world (mom and/or dad) attempted to murder him/her in cold blood?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2011, 10:05:27 AM »
YOU DO NOT KILL YOUR KIDS. PERIOD. You *MUST* know how horribly wrong it is deep down. So grow a fucking SPINE you coward! Stand up to your imaginary tyrant if he tells you to murder children! I mean what the f**k is WRONG with you!? And I don't have kids. But if I did, WHAT. WHAT would happen if I DID and I "indoctrinated" them into being atheists?

Hey, watch what you way, Raymond.  She has GOD on her side:
Deuteronomy 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.  {Spoken to Saul who had wimped out and failed to commit a war crime.}

Proverbs 7:11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house: Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

IIRC, in an early post Serpent Killa said she has a 13 year old daughter.

Offline SERPENT KILLA

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-21
  • RESURRECTED SAINT
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
Now the whole Christinanity has become "killing their own kids" cult.

No wonder you are predestined into 'LOFFE'

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »
Oh, fantastic. That kid is so doomed. Even if mommy dearest doesn't physically stone her to death at some point, she's doubtless already been poisoned.

No, gotta stay positive... Over-bearing, super-religious parents often seem to turn out relatively sober, lucid kids that grow up staying far away from religion. Really hope that happens with this one... Though that would certainly provide some ammo for a religiously-motivated murder. Ugh, what a terrible scene.

Still think there needs to be some more mother/daughter honesty though. It's horribly unfair that this little kid is probably going around thinking her mom loves her unconditionally. She needs to know that she's at best coming in 2nd place behind Yahweh the imaginary Foreskin Monster, and that there are actual conditions that could be met that would cause her to be murdered in cold blood.

Wonder if that would positively affect her affinity for her mother's religion? Whatchya think? I'm guessing "yes".

Now the whole Christinanity has become "killing their own kids" cult.

No wonder you are predestined into 'LOFFE'

No, dumbass... *YOU* became the "KILLING THEIR OWN KIDS" *lady* when you SAID YOU WOULD KILL YOUR KID. We're examining how you might have got that s**t in your bulbous head.

Holy s**t are you fucking dishonest. Don't put words in my mouth.

And yes, I'm presdestined to "LOFFE" at almost everything you say that doesn't involve infanticide, because you'd be wholly funny if you weren't also terrifying and disgusting. Before you said you'd kill your child, I LOFFED and LOFFED at many of the goofy things you said, in fact. 

Har har har.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:30:59 AM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »
If the measuring tool cannot itself be shown to be true itself.....it is useless.

Ah!  MetrologyWiki.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »

I'd like you to go to your nearest family court and explain this to the judge.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »

Ah!  MetrologyWiki.

Which makes me think of a practical joke item I'd make if I have a novelty company. A box with 7 seamstresses tape measures with the inches shorter by 25%, 10%,  5%, regular, then longer by 5%, 10%, 25%.

So that someone with, say a  bust/waist/hip measurement of 40 inches would measure at 50 inches, 44 inches, 42 inches, 40 inches, 38 inches, 36 inches, or 30 inches; respectively.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
What does 'LOFFE' stand for?
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline fishjie

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »

I have a secret to share to you all.
I have read some of Christians' posts here, but either they don't realize or don't have guts to tell the truth.
The truth is kind of mean,  but true. Here we go.

1)Faith does not come from rational understanding.
2)Faith does not come from objective evidence.
3)Faith does not come from logic or intelligence.
4)Faith does not come from anyone's proof.
5)Faith does not come from scientific explanation.

Well said!     Now if only other christians could admit that there is no rational reason a normal human being would ever believe in fairy tales, the world would be a better place.    I can just imagine it now, pastors would preface all their sermons with ...

"OK, so there's zero evidence, facts, logic, and rational arguments that support christianity, so just blindly accept what I'm gonna say OK?"

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »
If faith comes from God, where is mine?
Probably got delivered to the wrong address - you know how unreliable those Postal employees are...
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »

1)Faith does not come from rational understanding.
2)Faith does not come from objective evidence.
3)Faith does not come from logic or intelligence.
4)Faith does not come from anyone's proof.
5)Faith does not come from scientific explanation.
SERPENT...if God asked you to kill your child, would you do it?
YES.  George, I believe in God and I believe the bible.

"You believe things that are incomprehensible, inconsistent, impossible because we have commanded you to believe them; go then and do what is unjust because we command it. Such people show admirable reasoning. Truly, whoever is able to make you absurd is able to make you unjust."
     --------- Voltaire (1765), Questions on Miracles

This is usually soundbitten as  "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."

I thought the statement was immoderate.  Then I read Serpent Killa.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
'LOFFE"

Lake Of Fire For Eternity.

BWa hahahahahahahahahaha.

Thank you mod.
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.