Author Topic: Why so Angry  (Read 2556 times)

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Why so Angry
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »
Baruch atah Adoani melek haolam vehaolam. Farewell !

Try to cheer up it's pretty bleak round these parts. The sons of darkness are apparent there is hope for some here though...i hope.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »

Try to cheer up it's pretty bleak round these parts. The sons of darkness are apparent there is hope for some here though...i hope.

run away run away 

......you have no clue as to how pathetically typical your brief theist visit was oh presumptuous and pride comes before a fall, coward.

cheer up ya reckon

I know a good knock knock joke
  .....you start

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
lol so this is where all the Internet tough guy - keyboard warriors hang out.

Ever wondered why the theist visits are brief, there is actually a thread asking how to get Christians here lol

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2011, 01:48:32 PM »
lol so this is where all the Internet tough guy - keyboard warriors hang out.
Ever wondered why the theist visits are brief, there is actually a thread asking how to get Christians here lol

consistency   honesty   lol   theist     ......huge lol

....have you ever considered that if you'd just acknowledged that you came in here making erroneous  claims, the response would have been totally different.

Here's another question which no doubt you'll choose to dodge

Why have you not retracted your OP when you have been shown how wrong it was?

Because your theistic belief is a fraud and your subconscious knowledge that it is an unsubstantiated fraud allows you to behave in ways directly counter to  how your supposed belief would dictate you should act.

Is that a too generalised statement?

I know a good knock knock joke.....

..........you start

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
I came here and came across statements mocking and attacking God and i asked the question "Why so angry" ?

I'm not re-typing all the posts i've looked at it's my opinion based on what has been written here there is no dodge at all. Just a pathetic attempt to shift focus and chase after a red hering. Look at almost any post and see God being mocked or attacked, and you want proof and ran away and told teacher because i didnt play your game.

shakes the dust off his feet and moves on.

I'll check back in tomorow and if the warning is not off my account you can delete the account.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
I came here and came across statements mocking and attacking God and i asked the question "Why so angry" ?

I'm not re-typing all the posts i've looked at it's my opinion based on what has been written here there is no dodge at all. Just a pathetic attempt to shift focus and chase after a red hering. Look at almost any post and see God being mocked or attacked, and you want proof and ran away and told teacher because i didnt play your game.

I'll check back in tomorow and if the warning is not off my account you can delete the account.

your avoidance is glaringly obvious     either that or you truly are a limited theist incapable of understanding the simplest definition of atheist

the concept of god is mocked idiot
the idea of god is attacked as a stupid idea

atheists can not be angry at god L-aim brain  how can they and still be an atheist?

it's my opinion based on what has been written here there is no dodge at all. Just a pathetic attempt to shift focus and chase after a red hering.

..........expose yourself why don't you.

..........you start

Offline L-Chaim

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »

your avoidance is glaringly obvious     either that or you truly are a limited theist incapable of understanding the simplest definition of atheist

the concept of god is mocked idiot
the idea of god is attacked as a stupid idea

atheists can not be angry at god L-aim brain  how can they and still be an atheist?

it's my opinion based on what has been written here there is no dodge at all. Just a pathetic attempt to shift focus and chase after a red hering.

..........expose yourself why don't you.

..........you start

I provided you with an example of God being Attacked Not the idea. Your so preocupied with your own preconcieved ideas that your incapable of rational thought and you personality is repugnant to boot.  Nice combo good luck in life

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
"Sons of Darkness", hey sounds like a pretty cool title.  Can I get that tatted on my back?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »

I provided you with an example of God being Attacked Not the idea. Your so preocupied with your own preconcieved ideas that your incapable of rational thought and you personality is repugnant to boot.  Nice combo good luck in life

so one, after the claim was madedeliberately and obviously facetious example is your sole evidence backing this claim?

Quote from: L-Ch
I'm new here but for the most part all i have seen is angry tirades directed towards God.

You are pathetic.

Your continued stonewalling, dodging and lying is pathetic.

Your hubris that stops you from making a clean retraction is pathetic.

Your inability to cleanly just run away and accept that you have made a humiliating botch of this brave sir robin foray into that angry den'o'atheists is a continuing joke for which I thank you.

And you accuse me of being incapable of rational thought?    Hah! I smirk at your theistic judgemental hypocrisy fool.

You may find my character repugnant, but I am not the weaselling liar for god here, too proud to backdown from an obvious error, that's your arsehat.

Dodge it all you like L-Ch, but you made insupportable claims in your OP for whatever reasons you first had, and guess what, when called on it you have been unable to provide supporting evidence.

Pathetic.

I know a good knock knock joke....
        ......you start

Oh by the way  didn't you say this

Your perception of us is in error. We are not pissed at your god just like we're not pissed at the Easter Bunny. However, some of us are pissed at you (believers). If you have to ask "why" then you clearly do not know your history or people's attitudes towards atheists
EDIT: Read this blog

My perception of you is based on the posts on the forum, so go check them out and you will see the Tirades at God NOT believers.

.......What posts on the forum were you talking about LfG?

Surely one graced by god with such indisputable gifts toward rational thought and honesty (as yourself) should easily be able to direct us to those perception altering and formative "most part" of the forum where there is nothing but tirades at god.

What posts are your perceptions based on oh truthful honest and righteous theist?

Thank god for his moral guidance, otherwise one would be forced to blame you alone for being a pathetic liar for god.

The Man From Stupid is visiting and he wants us all to be as stupid as him so we wont notice that he is unable to provide evidence for his stupid claims, but will instead believe that he has already provided that evidence, even though he hasn't, don't forget to hold your mouth in that certain way and make that irritating droning noise and it will help with your stupid belief.

You must think we're stupid or something.

I know a good knock knock joke....

................you start
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:49:52 PM by kin hell »

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
L-Chaim,
Kin-hell is obviously right, your claim that most of the hate you see here is toward god, is childishly silly when you consider that we're mostly atheists here and have no one to hate up in the sky.

How old are you, by the way?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +164/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
Damnit, we always scare them off!

There does seem to be a trend though, with theists who claim to have spent time studying the complexities of their books/beliefs.  So far, none of them have shown what they learned, how they learned it, and how they know their knowledge is accurate.  They never share those details?  It's like they think it is too complex for an atheist.  These may also be people who don't realize that sincere study of religious scriptures and history probably create more atheists than anything else!

Maybe we need a warning to believers who register..."Please remember that you are not granted respect by the forum members just because you can type".

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +102/-9
  • I am a Forum Guide.
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »
L-Chaim:
I'm not re-typing all the posts i've looked at it's my opinion based on what has been written here there is no dodge at all.
You don't have to re-type anything; you can just provide links to 3 or 4 posts which illustrate your opinion. A few minutes work...

That seems a reasonable request, in the circumstances. At least then we'd know what kind of post you're referring to as "angry tirades directed towards God".

Your reluctance to respond to this request rather undermines your argument, as kin hell and others have already pointed out.

Offline pingnak

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2011, 03:00:16 PM »

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
Hey L-Ch   I can see you lurking there directly above. ^

Seething with equal parts anger, humiliation and chagrin....   
You want to leave, but can't turn your back on the car wreck.
You are convinced you should be right, but just don't seem to be able to find any supportive winning argument.

You want to get back in and have a go, but reality and accuracy are hard taskmasters, and you fear yet another embarrassing slap down.

Yet you cannot leave the wound alone.

..........here's an easy solution

Retract your claim and we can all start anew

or prove me wrong by providing evidence   

It should be easy, after all you claimed this forum "in the most part"  etc etc

Seems to me "in the most part" means you should be able to easily hit more than enough suitable examples blindfolded.

If you cannot, then by refusing to retract you are in fact only lying only to yourself and to your imaginary god.
We already know, having witnessed this particular sociological test play out with theists many many times before.

I am interested if you are honest enough to be honest, or if you are only man enough to be a little liar for god.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:59:12 PM by kin hell »

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +102/-9
  • I am a Forum Guide.
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
Jetson:
I can't see the point of giving negative karma points to new theist guests such as L-Chaim.

For one thing, it just seems rude; we invite them here, and then make hostile comments about them in the karma section, eg: *Yawn* delusional rants.

Is that going to make them feel welcome? Is it going to help them amend their attitude? Or is it just going to raise the heat unnecessarily?

If I was King (in my Brave Gnu World) karma would be inactive (giving and receiving) until someone's made, say, a 100 posts.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
I wonder why L-Chaim became so angry when asked to support his assertion. It's very sad to think that he may live a life so isolated from critical thought that he boils over with righteous indigination as soon as an unsupported claim is questioned.

Latch on to that life raft of "offense", sweetheart, it seems to insulate you from any sort of objective, hard thinking.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
I'm confused with this thread...

L-C comes here and attacks this forum as a place where all we do is..... "angry tirades directed towards God".

Not only does he not provide proof of his god he cannot even provide proof of ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I honestly believe that religion automatically boxes athesists in an eveil, misunderstood box and not only are they told that we're angy at god they have to believe that because they can't even rationalize the fact that god is imaginary.  Therefore, once again, facts are distorted and dishonest and we are left having to defend a position we only have to take because of the position theists claim to have.  :-\

If I had a nickel for everytime I was told "I was angry at god" from a theist I could buy my way into heaven! lol  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:51:29 PM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-0
  • Human Bean
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
Wow, that was formulaic.

L-Chaim: you atheists are angry at god!
Forum: um, no we're not, we're angry at the delsion.
L-Chaim: no, you're angry at god and I can prove it!
Forum: oh ok, go ahead, this should be fun.
L-Chaim: it's generally accepted that all atheists believe in god and are just angry at him!
Forum: uh, no, that's not proof, please to provide examples?
L-Chaim: I already have given the proof, you are just too arrogant to see it!
Forum: er, no, you didn't.
L-Chaim: I don't have to put up with this! I'm back off to my pointless Christian forum where everyone agrees with me. You guys are just nasty, mean, god-hating atheists! Waaaaaaaaaa!!
It's YOUR god, it's YOUR rules, YOU go to hell.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Noah's ark is a problem. We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon, only way to fit 5000 species of mammal in the same boat."
- River Tam

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
Jetson:
I can't see the point of giving negative karma points to new theist guests such as L-Chaim.

For one thing, it just seems rude; we invite them here, and then make hostile comments about them in the karma section, eg: *Yawn* delusional rants.

Is that going to make them feel welcome? Is it going to help them amend their attitude? Or is it just going to raise the heat unnecessarily?

If I was King (in my Brave Gnu World) karma would be inactive (giving and receiving) until someone's made, say, a 100 posts.

at the risk of seeming schizo  I agree.

The karma difference is a stain that complete newbies shouldn't necessarily need to wear into the future.
Whereas a post dispute no matter how spiked (such as L'Ch and I just shared), eventually passes leaving no permanent stain even if it may leave active dislike or whatever.

Please don't mistake me, I completely agreed with the reasons given for all L-Ch's bad karma points, but I just don't think <100 posts should be able to cop it like that.

Icebergs need to grind away at one another before they can travel together.
It would be a shame to see the early (perhaps unjustified) black stain cause some to melt away too quickly.

Mind you I do acknowledge heated argument may cause the same result.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +164/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
Jetson:

Well, I can't say I disagree with you.  Honestly, I did not notice the negative Karma points until you pointed it out (I hardly look at them). 

Since I was participating, I was truly hoping that L-C would give some real thought to the reasons we are "Angry at God", so I was disappointed in all of the side-tracking that went on as the thread progressed.  To me, it gets in the way of having a conversation.

I am going to start a new thread on the topic of how we respond to new members.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
I'd like to point out that I was completely civil toward the guy, yet he refused to respond to my posts that refuted his arguments. I think he wanted atheists to get angry at him so he could feel like a persecuted Christian, storing up treasure in heaven.  &)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +164/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2011, 04:23:45 PM »
I'd like to point out that I was completely civil toward the guy, yet he refused to respond to my posts that refuted his arguments. I think he wanted atheists to get angry at him so he could feel like a persecuted Christian, storing up treasure in heaven.  &)

Each new member is different, so it is difficult to tell what their motives are early on.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »

Yeah, I think I can tell what kind of member this is...

Offline pingnak

« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »
Each new member is different, so it is difficult to tell what their motives are early on.

Whatever their inner demons and motivations, their posts are mostly the same.

"I came here because you atheists are stupid and mean!"

"No we're not."

"WAAAHHHH!!!!!  I'm leaving because you atheists are stupid and mean!"

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +102/-9
  • I am a Forum Guide.
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2011, 05:02:04 PM »
CG:
I think he wanted atheists to get angry at him
Not to mention that people who are unfairly accused often respond with anger. So in this case:

Jill (sulkily): You're mad at me.
Jack: What? I'm not mad at you, really.
Jill: I know you are. Why are you mad at me?
Jack: I said I'm not. Why would I be mad at you?
Jill: I don't know, you tell me. Why won't you tell me?
Jack: Sheesh, I AM NOT ****ING ANGRY!!!
Jill (triumphantly): I knew it.

Which reminds me of psychiatrist RD Laing's analyses of the relational knots we can tie ourselves up in. Like this:

Jill: You think I am stupid.
Jack: I don't think you're stupid.
Jill: I must be stupid to think you think I'm stupid if you don't; or you must be lying.

I am stupid every way:

to think I'm stupid, if I am stupid;
to think I'm stupid, if I'm not stupid;
to think you think I'm stupid, if you don't.

(From Knots, 1970)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:05:16 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
Jack: Sheesh, I AM NOT ****ING ANGRY!!!
Jill (triumphantly): I knew it.

The trick to talking to someone like L-Chaim is to never let it get that far (above), or else he thinks he is justified in his defensiveness.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +563/-22
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
all,

Due to this thread now being a pissing match[1], I'm locking this mutha' down.  If anyone would like to start fresh, in a new thread, with a better attitude and a modicum of civility, you are free to.  But if it becomes another poo-flinging contest, I'll send it to the trash forthwith.  Now, go play nice.

Regards,
Screwtape
 1. with a couple of rational exceptions
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.