Author Topic: Die for imaginary god?  (Read 327 times)

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
Die for imaginary god?
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2F2011%2F09%2F28%2Firanian-pastor-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-recant-christian-faith%2F&h=qAQDnQ_a8AQBa7JvNJQq6Z_ZFxiuttD0Yc7FqerkZhylUWg

Did anyone read this. FB friends are saying pray for this pastor because he will be executed if he does not switch to Islam.  They are all nuts (religious people).

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
Re: Die for imaginary god?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
To illustrate how ridiculous this situation is, imagine this pastor (who already believes in one imaginary God) is going to be executed for not believing in Allah the Flying Spaghetti Monster . Such a shame how religion does so much damage...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline pingnak

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:56:13 PM »
Here's a link to the story without bouncing through facebook...
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/28/iranian-pastor-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-recant-christian-faith/

As far as condemning the Iranians for killing one of their own, for being apostate (religious infidelity).  He was raised in Islam, and he turned his back on it to become Christian. 

According to a theocratic islamic law, that's capital crime.  It's on the books. 

It's no more or less arbitrary than many U.S. laws against nudity, though you'd probably only get a citation in the U.S. for that.

You would be better off condemning Texas for killing people who couldn't afford a good enough lawyer, or for killing retards who they got 'confessions' from by telling them to confess in order to get out of trouble.

There's a long list of things that Islam has killed (and in many cases, still does kill) for...

Associating anything with Allah
Murder
Practising magic
Not Praying
Not paying Zakat
Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse
Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so
Disrespect to parents
Abandoning relatives
Fornication and Adultery
Homosexuality(sodomy)
Usury (Riba)
Wrongfully consuming the property of an orphan
Lying about Allah and His Messenger
Running away from the battlefield
A leader's deceiving his people and being unjust to them
Pride and arrogance
Bearing false witness
Drinking Khamr (strictly translated, "grape wine" or "date wine", but it is interpreted to mean any intoxicant, alcohol or otherwise, used without a truly valid medical reason, e.g. tinctures or other psychoactives are permitted by the law of necessity - "necessity makes the prohibited permitted", the same rule that allows the consumption of pork if starving - if other options are unavailable)
Gambling
Slandering chaste women
Stealing from the spoils of war
Stealing
Highway Robbery
Taking false oath
Oppression
Illegal gain
Consuming wealth acquired unlawfully
Committing suicide
Frequent lying
Judging unjustly
Giving and Accepting bribes
Woman's imitating man and man's imitating woman
Being cuckold
Marrying a divorced woman in order to make her lawful for the husband
Not protecting oneself from urine
Showing-off
Learning knowledge of the religion for the sake of this world and concealing that knowledge
Betrayal of trust
Recounting favours
Denying Allah's Decree
Listening (to) people's private conversations
Carrying tales
Cursing
Breaking contracts
Believing in fortune-tellers and astrologers
A woman's bad conduct towards her husband
Making statues and pictures
Lamenting, wailing, tearing the clothing, and doing other things of this sort when an affliction befalls
Treating others unjustly
Overbearing conduct toward the wife, the servant, the weak, and animals
Offending one's neighbour
Offending and abusing Muslims
Offending people and having an arrogant attitude toward them
Trailing one's garment in pride
Men's wearing silk and gold
A slave's running away from his master
Slaughtering an animal which has been dedicated to anyone other than Allah
To knowingly ascribe one's paternity to a father other than one's own
Arguing and disputing violently
Withholding excess water
Giving short weight or measure
Feeling secure from Allah's Plan
Offending Allah's righteous friends
Not praying in congregation but praying alone without an excuse
Persistently missing Friday Prayers without any excuse
Usurping the rights of the heir through bequests
Deceiving and plotting evil
Spying for the enemy of the Muslims
Cursing or insulting any of the Companions of Allah's Messenger

So, for instance, doing a magic trick that teleported Allah's almighty penis into the Prophet's bottom... during prayer call...  well, maybe you shouldn't do that in Iran.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2F2011%2F09%2F28%2Firanian-pastor-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-recant-christian-faith%2F&h=qAQDnQ_a8AQBa7JvNJQq6Z_ZFxiuttD0Yc7FqerkZhylUWg

Did anyone read this. FB friends are saying pray for this pastor because he will be executed if he does not switch to Islam.  They are all nuts (religious people).

And the sad thing is that their will be tens of thousands of Fox veiwers/Christians who will take this as evidence of how oppressed they are.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »
So is this me or is this propaganda for the christan religion to contunie the fight in the mid east, maybe it just me but it does seem like it.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:17 AM »
Always curious when people claim that praying for someone will make God do something. Again, we see that Christains can't figure out what they really believe.

And people die, and kill, constantly for imaginary gods.  Humans can be quite stupid.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
So is this me or is this propaganda for the christan religion to contunie the fight in the mid east, maybe it just me but it does seem like it.

It isn't just propaganda, it is news. Why one person being executed in a far off land is being reported on when it is a several hundred times a day occurance? Why this particular one? Now...now we can assign it "for propaganda purposes"
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »

It isn't just propaganda, it is news. Why one person being executed in a far off land is being reported on when it is a several hundred times a day occurance? Why this particular one? Now...now we can assign it "for propaganda purposes"

I think that most of Fox "News" is propaganda,  for something the republicans want. They played the war like it was a sport team when we invaded Iraq. Now we have republicans that are christans showing how cruel the mid east is and it should be stop. IMHO, which I may be wrong.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »

Funny they never had a problem when they were the hangmen and men,women and children heathens were being executed
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

This is just another sad example of how religion poisons everything.

We have two distinct immoralities at work here. The immorality and barbarity of the islamic apostacy law, and, the immorality of the accused who is determined to let his life be taken because of his religious convictions and principles.

Now don't go off on me about thinking that the accused is immoral. He is. Any individual that would put a higher value on a baseless assumption and the principles derived from it, over the value of their own reality and life and the family that they're, by duty, committed to, is acting immoral and wrong.

The man needs to lie. He needs to free himself by recanting and uphold his duty to the higher value in being alive and his responsibility to the family he has and the children that he has brought into this world.

Islam does not win either. Everyone knows the man has lied simply to save his life, and so to the world the accusers, who know right well that he has lied, will look like the fools that they are for knowingly accepting this superficial lie. A bully who shows mercy by accepting a blatant lie is greatly shamed and looks like an idiot, and this shame and idiocy would no doubt, and hopefully, do more to change the minds and barbaric practices of the deluded in Islam than the protests and cries of persecution that would come from abroad otherwise. 
"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
What's the big deal.  He will be in heaven...but...which one?  (a) 72 virgins, (b) strippers and beer volcano, (c)sitting around stairing at Jesus.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »
(c)sitting around stairing at Jesus.

everyone will stare and then look around, fiddle with their haloes and harps.....
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/