Author Topic: Something sad ...  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
Re: Something sad ...
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:17 AM »
Or you could have just said that the first time.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »
Or you could have just said that the first time.

(Reasonable) People tend to give others a chance to explain themselves before assuming the worst and burning them at the stake
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2011, 07:51:45 AM »
That is reasonable. Maybe I was just lazy and didn't bother reading the things I typed.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline frofrodajimmyboy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-2
  • What he said >
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
Or you just don't understand it...

You certainly could do a better job explaining it, because every word you've written fully supports what I've said about you.

IE: "Opinions are not absolute truths"

IE: "My opinion is an absolute truth and I am conveying it quite clearly, you're just mad that you can't accept it"

Now, I know English is not my first language, but it seems quite clear that you're the one with a problem accepting that your opinions are not true

That's your opinion. I have no problem accepting that my opinions are not true if they are not true.

THERE.  Do you see that part in bold?  That's the part where you're being an asshole.  Work on that. 

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
That is reasonable. Maybe I was just lazy and didn't bother reading the things I typed.

I'm sure you've noticed by now we're pretty nit picky on this forum. Most here will scrutinize every word in order to understand exactly what a person types or thinks. Your replies in this thread were very contradicting and inconsistent.

Your first appearance in this thread was kicked off with:

"Being gay is horrible in my opinion"

...which is very much different from:

"All sexual acts are disgusting in my opinion."

So you can see where the confusion started.
Say what ya mean and mean what ya say!

In this thread a male child was being bullied for being attracted to other male children. That's it. Period. It didn't mean he had sex with males, kissed males, or even held hands with other males. And since the kid wasn't performing any of those "disgusting" acts it's beyond me why you even typed "Being gay is horrible", unless of course you think attraction itself is a horrible thing. Which I doubt.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »
Attraction can be a horrible thing and a good thing, it depends what someone is attracted to.

Zankuu, I know 'Being gay is horrible... is different from 'All sexuall acts are disgusting' but Gay sexuality is a sexual act, there are others too but they are similar in terms of disgustingness.

I will be more careful in what I post next time, I will read everything that is necessary but at the least, people don't need to be horrible about stuff.
-Thomas Szasz

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Zankuu, I know 'Being gay is horrible... is different from 'All sexuall acts are disgusting' but Gay sexuality is a sexual act, there are others too but they are similar in terms of disgustingness.

No, "gay sexuality" is homosexuality. It's not a sexual act, it's an involuntary sexual attraction
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline frofrodajimmyboy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +6/-2
  • What he said >
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2011, 09:40:51 AM »
I will be more careful in what I post next time, I will read everything that is necessary but at the least, people don't need to be horrible about stuff.

Horrible about stuff in the sense that we disagree with you strongly, or horrible in the sense that we have sexual attractions to others? 

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »

I still don't know what you're saying.

You've essentially said:

A physical attraction is different than a sexual action.
But a physical attraction is a sexual action.

That's a clear contradiction. I still have no idea what your beliefs are concerning sexuality, or why you hold them. But one thing is for sure, sexual preference is not an action.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:53:55 AM by Zankuu »
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
I never said a physical attrition is a sexual action. how could a physical attraction be a sexual action? Aren't actions actually doing something? How could someone be doing something if they are physically attracted to someone/thing else?
-Thomas Szasz

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2011, 09:51:35 AM »
[...]Gay sexuality is a sexual act[...]

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Oy vey ...

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »
FYI guys, Lady Gaga did a tribute to Jamey Rodemeyer (the boy who committed suicide). Here it is:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline kardula

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 05:42:05 AM »
as someone who was bullied for multiple reasons I am choked up and infuriated any time I hear about this type of stuff. I hate thinking that kids are still as mean as ever, seemingly almost more so. My heart goes out to the family.

As for the differing levels of sexuality and orientation,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Sexuality_Scale

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
as someone who was bullied for multiple reasons I am choked up and infuriated any time I hear about this type of stuff.

Me too. All the same, I'm sad to say, the ultimate choice to kill himself was Jamie's. He could have probably been more vocal to his family and school about how bad his bullying was getting.

I hate thinking that kids are still as mean as ever, seemingly almost more so. My heart goes out to the family.

Why would you expect human nature to change? I think anti-bullying programs could in theory help some of the time but some of it is "built in".

As for the differing levels of sexuality and orientation,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Sexuality_Scale

Interesting.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.