Author Topic: Adam is 15000 years old  (Read 716 times)

Offline violatedsmurf80

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-0
Adam is 15000 years old
« on: September 19, 2011, 07:24:55 AM »
Not to sure how to take this site

http://www.accuracyingenesis.com/adam.html
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”--- Sinclair Lewis

I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
Re: Adam is 15000 years old
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:53 AM »
You can take it as false.

It deliberately picks specific scientific studies and misrepresents them to form a correlation between them and the bible.

They do this while discarding other scientific facts that refute the Genesis accounts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:50:04 AM by plethora »
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +546/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
Anyone notice that this site ignores the supposed 6,000 year timeline in the Bible?

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
Christians tend to ignore a lot of things in their "perfect" book.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
I don't think he looks a day over 7000.

and oh, don't tell Eve she looks that old.  She might kick your a$$.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Eve's too busy having sex with Cain and Abel to care what Adam's doing.  Got to populate the world.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Cain killed Able bro... cause Able's lamb chops are better than Cain's salad.  Eve is porking Cain and Seth.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:38:08 AM »
2nd paragraph:
Now if one assumes that the "microcephalin variant could have arisen anywhere from 14,000 to 60,000 years ago", possibly could correspond to the "Big Bang" or "Fortuitous Mutation" that Richard G. Klein refers to...

1. terrible assumption.  But that assumption is what the author's entire point hinges on. 
2. I don't know if the author means "The Big Bang" or if the author means "the big band Richard G Klein refers to".  If the former, then duh, he's an idiot.  If the latter, then I have not idea what the reference is, but he's probably still and idiot.
3. He starts an "If...then..." statement, but does not include a "then...".  If one assumes x, then...what?

the site author should be kicked in the junk every hour on the hour.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
the site author should be kicked in the junk every hour on the hour.

^ By Chuck Norris

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
After hearing some shit Chuck Norris has said in the past, he's probably the idiot who wrote the shit.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
You dare blaspheme The Chuck?

(I'm not a real fan... I just like all the little "facts")

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »
That site is certainly a weird profusion of partial information.

Why does it talk about the Indo-European languages?  It seems to be saying they are the only languages anyone speaks.  Claiming Hittite as their original language is as strange as saying English comes from German.  Yes the case structure of modern German nouns is closer to Old English but take these examples:

Cheek is Wang in German.  Chaucer says, "My wonges waxeth wan" in a poem meaning "My cheeks grow pale".  So wong is the old word for cheek and German shows you the old form.  Right?  Wrong.  Old English had synonyms ceoc and wong.  Wong died out and ceoc became cheek.

Ship is Schiff in German.  "Sir Patrick Spens" has

The king sits in Dumferling town
    Drinking the blud red wine.
    "O, where will I find me a skilly skipper
    To sail this new skip of mine."

Both are derived from an early form skip (spelled scip) and ship, skipper and skiff are the English derivatives.  The modern English forms are all closer to the original than modern German.

Water is Wasser in German.  Unlike other European languages English has not shifted a W sound into a V.  The English word has not changed and the German word is derivative.

in 9000 BC is impossible since we don't have records in Neshili (the Hittite language's name for itself) before 1600 BC.  We are talking a 7500 year gap here.  Neshili disappeared aroung 1200 BC.  I find that reading Elizabethan English or before I have to slow down to decode it as I stumble along.  But I can read English of the Restoration at a normal speed so I'd say modern English is about 1600 AD.  The gap between English and Neshili is just 2800 years.  At that rate English is closer to Neshili than Neshili was to Indoeuropean.

BTW, the first sentence decoded from Neshili was:  "NU NINDA-AN EZZATENI, WATAR MA EKUTENI" written in phonetic cuneiform.   Ninda is a borrowed word from Akkadian and means bread.  Guessing from Indoeuropean roots, it is "Now bread-(accusative case) you-eat, water then you-drink."  So there is the anomaly of a modern English word sticking out in an ancient text.

There are a lot of language families other than the Indo European.  Why focus on it? 

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:56 PM »
After hearing some shit Chuck Norris has said in the past, he's probably the idiot who wrote the shit.

Ah yes, one of World Net Daily's columnists.  He shares that distinction with Victoria Jackson, late of Saturday Night Live, who thinks the 1973 Oil Crisis happened in the 1980s and she voted for the first time in her life in 2000 and she is pleased to say she was one of the many who voted Bill Clinton out of office then.  Chuck is in great company there.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
^I still like some of his movies, and his Texas Ranger show; which I haven't seen in years and forget the name, I think it's Walker, Texas Ranger -- thought not sure.

-Nam