Author Topic: Can you believe this guy got a phd in PHYSICS from a real top tier Univeristy  (Read 454 times)

Offline rickymooston

Apparently, he did.

In my entire life, he "irrefutable" argument is about the stupidest from any creationist and I'm including the peanut butter argument along with some proofs for God by people with diagnosed untreated impairing mental illnesses that cause delusions (I can't spell it properly scitzophrenia for example)

http://www.youtube.com/user/venomfangx#p/a/f/1/WCvIO3Tombg

Summary of his argument:
1) Without God, you can't have logic
2) Therefore you have no argument to refute my claim God exists
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +580/-18
  • WWGHA Member
It's no dumber an argument than any other circular reasoning; let's face it, assuming your conclusion is true in the premise is not a sign of clear, focused thought.  And I've heard this one before, not sure where, though it wasn't this guy. 

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
That guy is such an idiot...

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
 The man is speaking to a group of like minded people.......would love to see him attempt it in the real world
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline MMcNeely

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
He would be crucified... lol

Offline dloubet

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-1
    • Denisloubet.com

He quite adroitly sinks his own argument.  If (1) is true, then there is no "Therefore". There can be no "therefore" if logic doesn't exist.

Dork.

Denis Loubet

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
The man is speaking to a group of like minded people.......would love to see him attempt it in the real world

What is this "real world" you speak of?
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Apparently, he did.

In my entire life, he "irrefutable" argument is about the stupidest from any creationist and I'm including the peanut butter argument along with some proofs for God by people with diagnosed untreated impairing mental illnesses that cause delusions (I can't spell it properly scitzophrenia for example)

http://www.youtube.com/user/venomfangx#p/a/f/1/WCvIO3Tombg

Summary of his argument:

OMG, that is wonderfully beautiful, I think I will have to convert. Wait a minute, God defies logic, so how can logic exist if you can't have logic without God?

I think I just made sense. This logic stuff is confusing.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline Ultra

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Science, not Religion!
So sad to see a great mind go to waste. His entire life he is going to be preaching the will of his "Lord" and in the end all of that will go to waste.

Realism is depressing for those who can't handle it.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii

What is this "real world" you speak of?
outside of a church would be a good start.......how about at the Nobel prize ceremony?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline rickymooston

Re: Can you believe this guy got a phd in PHYSICS from a real top tier Univeristy
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »
outside of a church would be a good start.......how about at the Nobel prize ceremony?

Lol. Imagine even an academic conference.

Bob: Jason? I remember you. I'm researching binary stars

Jason: I'm in the process of writing another book

Bob: I book? I'm impressed?
Jason: Yes. I'm very proud of it
Bob: What is the topic.
Jason: I was explaining to atheists why the earth is 6000 years old.
Bob: Um, the binary stars I was looking at are 2000,000,000 light years away. Look Jason, I got to run. Nice chatting.  :police:
Jason: I know but God did some relative stuff
Bob: Oh, very nice. Look, I've got to run. Are you going to give a talk?
Jason: Of course. I'm doing some work on the star light problem
Bob: The what ...?
Jason: The descripancy between the age of the earth and the distance from the earth to those stars. The mathematics is very interesting, it uses a diract delta fundtion
Bob: Oh thats what that topic was. I registered for your talk.  >:(
Jason: Great see you there
Bob: I'm rescheduling tho. I mean, I saw a monthy python movie last night. I've had enough comedy for the week

5 hours later:

Jason: Hi, I'm Jason Lisle, I got my phd from Western Case University
Heckler: I bet they are shaking their heads now!!!
Jason: and I'm going to discuss how the earth is 6000 years old while the star light we see is billions of years old.
Audience: Bahahahahahaa
Jason: ...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:39:55 PM by rickymooston »
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.