Author Topic: How WWGHA Saved My Life, Cleaned My Shower, And Grew My Hair Back  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
How WWGHA Saved My Life, Cleaned My Shower, And Grew My Hair Back
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »
OK, maybe that was an exaggeration, but let me explain, in layman's terms, how WWGHA has helped me.

For those of you that don't know me, I am a 13 year old from Long Island, New York.  I had always known that there was something fishy about religion, but I just couldn't put the pieces together.  But, a few months ago, I started asking a lot more questions in Sunday school.  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Can bad people get into heaven if they pray enough?  If so, why should I be a good person, and if not, then what's the point of praying?  God does what he wants, and he has his eternal plan set out, so why pray?  Why doesn't God heal cancer?  But my favorite question of all: If Jesus can see us all, then why doesn't he ever talk to us or sing in church with us or come over to our house to play checkers? (I had an obsessed-with-checkers stage for a while :P)  And the answer would always be the same: Jesus does talk to you, in prayer.  I would ask, but why can't I hear Jesus?  And they said that Jesus will show himself to you.  And I thought, This HAS to be bullshit!  But I didn't say that, and especially not in church.  I was told that God is loves us and would keep us safe, and I trusted that.  One day, I randomly stumbled upon WWGHA.  I started to read.  My conscience told me to stop--my mom told me to stop as well--but it was so addictive, and I kept reading, and reading, and reading...

...and then it hit me.  I thought, This is a lot more plausible than religion.  And so, I became an atheist.

Naturally, my grandma, a devout Christian, and my mom, a devout Grandma-ist, were mortified.  They told me every Christian fallacy in the book at me, in hopes that I would dumb myself down. The good news is that I refused.  The bad news is that it came at a price.  My grandmother forced me to make my confirmation, and I will in about a year now.  But after that, I'm free.

So, that's my story.  Let the hate mail begin.

--Benny :D
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: How WWGHA Saved My Life, Cleaned My Shower, And Grew My Hair Back
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »
Hey,if that hair thing works is that like an amputee being healed?  13 is just a pup but it sounds like you can stand on your own 2 feet (assuming you have 2 feet and are not an amputee).  Anyhow, I believe God led you to this site. ;)  Welcome.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
Now that you've read the site --> stop!

Get out there and enjoy your youth. Learn learn learn! Have fun! Be stupid! Come back in 5 years and I will hire you.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »
Good for you! I was a PK (preacher's kid) and it took about the age of 15 or 16 for me to really start with the questions. 13, I'm impressed.

As for god talking to you, Maybe you had a "Faulty Baptism" as those in acts 19 I believe. Those men couldn't talk to god until they were re-baptized.  Confuses the heck out of christians when you talk about faulty baptisms!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:42:00 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »

Welcome to rationale thought Benny!  You'll find it won't quite fit to those still living by primitive ritutals given to them from gerneration to gerneration.  Fortunately for you that chain looks to be finaly broken.
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline curiousgirl

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • Inquisitive agnostic atheist
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »
Congrats on deconverting, Benny! You seem a lot more intelligent than the average 13-year-old. Hell, I'm 23 in about 3 weeks, and just left the church, so let me just say that at 13 you are way ahead of the game!

Too bad your mom and grandma are forcing religion on you. Just ride that out until you're 18...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Offline The Wannabe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Agnostic atheist...until further notice.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »
Welcome to the fold Benny.  ;)   As other's have already said, you're WAY ahead of the game.  Know that if things get tough at home, you have a sympathetic and supportive community to lean on.  I came to WWGHA as a very unsure theist, and thanks to the critical feedback and support from other members, I am now a full fledged agnostic de-convert.  I look forward to seeing you around the board, man.
"I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance."  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »
OK, maybe that was an exaggeration, but let me explain, in layman's terms, how WWGHA has helped me.

For those of you that don't know me, I am a 13 year old from Long Island, New York.  I had always known that there was something fishy about religion, but I just couldn't put the pieces together.  But, a few months ago, I started asking a lot more questions in Sunday school.  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Can bad people get into heaven if they pray enough?  If so, why should I be a good person, and if not, then what's the point of praying?  God does what he wants, and he has his eternal plan set out, so why pray?  Why doesn't God heal cancer?  But my favorite question of all: If Jesus can see us all, then why doesn't he ever talk to us or sing in church with us or come over to our house to play checkers? (I had an obsessed-with-checkers stage for a while :P)  And the answer would always be the same: Jesus does talk to you, in prayer.  I would ask, but why can't I hear Jesus?  And they said that Jesus will show himself to you.  And I thought, This HAS to be bullshit!  But I didn't say that, and especially not in church.  I was told that God is loves us and would keep us safe, and I trusted that.  One day, I randomly stumbled upon WWGHA.  I started to read.  My conscience told me to stop--my mom told me to stop as well--but it was so addictive, and I kept reading, and reading, and reading...

...and then it hit me.  I thought, This is a lot more plausible than religion.  And so, I became an atheist.

Naturally, my grandma, a devout Christian, and my mom, a devout Grandma-ist, were mortified.  They told me every Christian fallacy in the book at me, in hopes that I would dumb myself down. The good news is that I refused.  The bad news is that it came at a price.  My grandmother forced me to make my confirmation, and I will in about a year now.  But after that, I'm free.

INHO, it helps if you think of them as gibbering tribal primitives. Not the enemy, not evil, just primitive and foolish. Just like if you were shipwrecked on a desert island with those primitives, you would go along with their goofy talk of their volcano god if it helped you to be clothed and fed. You know their dances and chants to please the Volcano God is stupid.

But until you've got your own hut, boat, and know how to fish, you really do need to put up with it.

Your current situation isn't all that different if you think about it.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:53 AM »
My grandmother forced me to make my confirmation, and I will in about a year now. 

I've been there, brother.  Except I did it more or less willingly.  I did not come to my senses about god until much later in life.  Nice job on that.  Be nice you to mom & granny.  They are the only ones you've got, even if they are a little superstitious.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
Congratulations, Benny. Makes it worthwhile to participate on this forum with stories like yours.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »
Atheism is the gift that keeps on giving; not only have you saved your hairy back and and ensured clean showers for life but you also now qualify for EAC membership.

Can't you just smell that kitten on the BBQ now*?

*Only one farm-fresh kitten per application, only one application per household. The expression "kitten" is defined as a feline of not less than 4lbs and not more than 6lbs uncooked weight. Other terms and conditions apply, see website for details.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

You are only 13 years old so you still have lots of stuff to learn about everything. Here is a list of stuff to help you along:

1. People are idiots, don't trust them (with your money) especially not the Christians!
2. If 'God' exists, he is not the only one that can do bad things - "why do bad things happen to good people?" There are bad people in this world too, 'God' might punish them and send them to hell (even if he is 'all forgiving', and so on.
3. Always ask questions about other people's claims, often ask why they believe what they say and make sure their reasons are understandable at least.
4. Christians apparently worship a 'good' God but you say your grandma forced you to make your confirmation? What ever happened to free will?
5. You are lucky to have found WWGHA when you did, sounds like you need help, but who in this world doesn't need any help? There is only so much a single person can do.
6. Don't care what other people think, do what makes you happy, not anyone else (capitalism FTW!)
7. God (if he/she/it exists) is an imbecile, or would be. He hides somewhere and wants humanity to believe in him but doesn't even show himself to everyone, why do that?
8. Forget the Bible, it has ridiculous information in it, God lets people be killed, the world is overpopulated but there may be other reasons why he let them die.
9. Think of other people as 'assets' to your work, your life. People deserve to be used, humanity doesn't deserve to even exist so do what you want with them, if you want to be good, be good, if you want to be evil, go for it. People do have their own lives, only if they deserve to have them taken away that should always happen.
And finally 10. Welcome to the WWGHA, there are alot of interesting topics and people here, don't annoy anyone or they will waste your time arguing with you. Best to make peace with people now and if necessary, argue with them about their own claims and maybe even put them against each other! Enjoy yourself here and we shall see what the future holds for this world :)
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
Brace yourself:  Long reply ahead :P  I'll answer the questions in chronological order.

Hey,if that hair thing works is that like an amputee being healed?
Well...not quite...  ;)

Get out there and enjoy your youth. Learn learn learn! Have fun! Be stupid! Come back in 5 years and I will hire you.
I'm learning plenty, don't you worry  ;)  I'm not here all the time, but when I am, I know I'm with friends and allies.

Good for you! I was a PK (preacher's kid) and it took about the age of 15 or 16 for me to really start with the questions. 13, I'm impressed.

As for god talking to you, Maybe you had a "Faulty Baptism" as those in acts 19 I believe. Those men couldn't talk to god until they were re-baptized.  Confuses the heck out of christians when you talk about faulty baptisms!
Interesting, I've never heard of faulty baptisms...I have to do my research on that one  :)

Welcome to the fold Benny.  ;)   As other's have already said, you're WAY ahead of the game.  Know that if things get tough at home, you have a sympathetic and supportive community to lean on.  I came to WWGHA as a very unsure theist, and thanks to the critical feedback and support from other members, I am now a full fledged agnostic de-convert.  I look forward to seeing you around the board, man.
Again, I'm with friends and allies here.  The occasional troll, but every society has them.

INHO, it helps if you think of them as gibbering tribal primitives. Not the enemy, not evil, just primitive and foolish. Just like if you were shipwrecked on a desert island with those primitives, you would go along with their goofy talk of their volcano god if it helped you to be clothed and fed. You know their dances and chants to please the Volcano God is stupid.

But until you've got your own hut, boat, and know how to fish, you really do need to put up with it.

Your current situation isn't all that different if you think about it.
Thanks for the help and humor.  Darwins to you!  :D

Atheism is the gift that keeps on giving; not only have you saved your hairy back and and ensured clean showers for life but you also now qualify for EAC membership.

Can't you just smell that kitten on the BBQ now*?

*Only one farm-fresh kitten per application, only one application per household. The expression "kitten" is defined as a feline of not less than 4lbs and not more than 6lbs uncooked weight. Other terms and conditions apply, see website for details.
May I ask, if you don't mind, what EAC is?  And kittens can be served, so long as you stay away from mine :)

For the last one, I'll add my responses in bold:

You are only 13 years old so you still have lots of stuff to learn about everything. Here is a list of stuff to help you along:

1. People are idiots, don't trust them (with your money) especially not the Christians!  Tell me about it...
2. If 'God' exists, he is not the only one that can do bad things - "why do bad things happen to good people?" There are bad people in this world too, 'God' might punish them and send them to hell (even if he is 'all forgiving', and so on. Obviously more religious bullshit.
3. Always ask questions about other people's claims, often ask why they believe what they say and make sure their reasons are understandable at least.  It seems like nobody has understandable reasons at all anymore... :P
4. Christians apparently worship a 'good' God but you say your grandma forced you to make your confirmation? What ever happened to free will?  I was never promised free will by anybody.
5. You are lucky to have found WWGHA when you did, sounds like you need help, but who in this world doesn't need any help? There is only so much a single person can do. True dat.
6. Don't care what other people think, do what makes you happy, not anyone else (capitalism FTW!) Duly noted :)
7. God (if he/she/it exists) is an imbecile, or would be. He hides somewhere and wants humanity to believe in him but doesn't even show himself to everyone, why do that?  Exactly.
8. Forget the Bible, it has ridiculous information in it, God lets people be killed, the world is overpopulated but there may be other reasons why he let them die. Agreed :)
9. Think of other people as 'assets' to your work, your life. People deserve to be used, humanity doesn't deserve to even exist so do what you want with them, if you want to be good, be good, if you want to be evil, go for it. People do have their own lives, only if they deserve to have them taken away that should always happen.  Ditto
And finally 10. Welcome to the WWGHA, there are alot of interesting topics and people here, don't annoy anyone or they will waste your time arguing with you. Best to make peace with people now and if necessary, argue with them about their own claims and maybe even put them against each other! Enjoy yourself here and we shall see what the future holds for this world :)  Thanks--to you and everyone else--for the welcome  :laugh:

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
Brace yourself:  Long reply ahead :P  I'll answer the questions in chronological order.

Thanks for the help and humor.  Darwins to you!  :D

Thanks. It is one way to keep your sanity. On that tack, if people forward you some religious Email or partucular Christian rant, rewrite it replacing:

"God" with UGABUGA
Jesus with "King Agga"
"Cross" with "Cliff"
Satan/Lucifer/The Devil with "AGUBAGU"
Heaven witn "Happy good place"
Hell with "Unhappy bad place"
Preist/Follwer/Speak for the lord with "shaman"

remove all the noun markers, and noun verb plural agreement

and read it back to yourself. It will both amuse you and put it into the correct light.

I.e:

Beside, UGABUGA give everyone choice as to believe or not believe.
 You made choice, and after been approach twice and have declined
 twice, we are to leave and never ever return. Now, please take notice I am
 not asking you or any unbeliever in UGABUGA I am familiar with to
 believe in  UGABUGA or accept him. As I am familiar with most you thru reading posts
 I have not made any approach you.

Fact of matter is ; at mention of UGABUGA by  Shaman, in your
 presence, you people go beserk and start acting like group of brainless
 drug addicts in mortal pain ! Should really see your selves as we shamans
 do, you act like bunch of fools !

So here is the heart of the matter I describe above;

1. You (YOU) clamor for proof of UGABUGA. Why would you want ? I know
 you have refused UGABUGA before least twice. Now why would I want
 prove His existence to person dat will very likely end up in
 UNHAPPY BAD PLACE anyway ? You want me preach to you so you can
 argue and debate me, but which you do not know is fact I care nothing
 all about keeping UGBUGA hater out of UNHAPPY BAD PLACE, and I
 WOULD deny YOU chance to keep from going!

Hence, don't look me to re-enforce your disbelief with more
 you won't accept. It much easier to just let you go to
 UNHAPPY BAD PLACE !

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:42:02 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
The EAC is the "Evil Atheist Conspiracy".

Christians, particularly in the US, like to complain that atheism is taking over the world and that atheists are the sort of evil wrongdoers who would cheerfully barbecue small, cute kittens.

Naturally, to do that requires us all to conspire together and so was born the EAC; an entirely fictional organisation that gives all new members a kitten to barbecue as a reward just for joining.

You'll find that you notice more and more occasions when people, primarily christians, will delight in telling you what you believe. Some even go so far as believing and telling you that atheist = satanist; never for a moment realising that believing in satan requires just the same lack of critical thinking that results in belief in jesus.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
The EAC is the "Evil Atheist Conspiracy".

Christians, particularly in the US, like to complain that atheism is taking over the world and that atheists are the sort of evil wrongdoers who would cheerfully barbecue small, cute kittens.

Naturally, to do that requires us all to conspire together and so was born the EAC; an entirely fictional organisation that gives all new members a kitten to barbecue as a reward just for joining.

You'll find that you notice more and more occasions when people, primarily christians, will delight in telling you what you believe. Some even go so far as believing and telling you that atheist = satanist; never for a moment realising that believing in satan requires just the same lack of critical thinking that results in belief in jesus.

Ohh some get around that by saying we are "unaware Satanists" which only leads to a bigger logic bomb. Because it redifines "Satanist" to "someone who disagrees with us" a combination of poisoning the well, argument ad hom, ignoring the counterevidence, and moving the goalposts....all in two words.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »
rewrite it replacing:

Did the result come out sounding unambiguously asian to anyone else?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »
rewrite it replacing:

Yeah... :P

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
rewrite it replacing:

Actually I was using the Tarzan/Tonto/Frankenstein bit from SNL as my template.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Add Charlie Chan to the template.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Whateverman

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-5
    • Skeptical Minds & Rational Thinkers
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »

Really, I think 'Pony's response was best.  Get out and enjoy life, and don't worry about the whole God question.  You'll find that as you grow older, you'll see more and more adults fighting about it until you have to WORK at ignoring it.

Until then, frikkin go read or play ball or whatever you like to do.

I'm a deist, a (generally WWGHA friendly) minority here, and I wanted to add my own 2 cents because I like what you wrote.  If you're actually 13 and you actually penned the post here, you write well.  I mention this because I think with the right encouragement at your age, I might have gone on to be an author of some kind. 

Regardless, I found that the claims of believers here in the US are frightfully easy to debunk, and part of me wishes that I'd discovered it as early as you have.

The one thing I would add is that proud, stupid people seem to outnumber humble intelligent people.  It's very easy to form an opinion by listening only to the first group.  The second group tends speak quietly if at all, which makes it difficult to catch what they're saying.  In short, finding wisdom / intelligence in the people around you takes some effort.  If you only form your opinions based on what the stupid folks say, you wont necessarily be smart; you'll only be "not stupid".

Reject ideas about gods or accept them, I wont hold either against you.  I think it takes work to really understand what's going on, though, and trying to understand that without finding opinions from both sides of the intellectual divide wont get you anywhere.

Keep up the critical thinking!
- SMRT Admin

Compared to this thread, retarded midget wrestling for food stamps is the pinnacle of human morality.
-- Ambassador Pony

Offline Larissa238

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
I agree with the masses- Welcome, and I'm glad you have come to us so early! Now do go enjoy life! You will have plenty of time later on to worry about religion and such... just have fun! Be a stupid kid while you can (I'm not calling you stupid, just saying do stupid things for fun) and worry about girls (or guys or fish or whatever you're into). Get some self-esteem (your quote under your avatar isn't true) and have more fun! Enjoy what's left of your precious childhood while you can.
On why Christians and non-Christians have the same rate of divorce:

He would rather it that they worship Him, instead of spending their time on family.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »
rewrite it replacing:

If you are trying to insinuate racism in this, there isn't any.

Offline Bad Pear

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Observations from one bad fruit to the bunch.
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
I agree with the masses- Welcome, and I'm glad you have come to us so early! Now do go enjoy life! You will have plenty of time later on to worry about religion and such... just have fun! Be a stupid kid while you can (I'm not calling you stupid, just saying do stupid things for fun) and worry about girls (or guys or fish or whatever you're into). Get some self-esteem (your quote under your avatar isn't true) and have more fun! Enjoy what's left of your precious childhood while you can.

I concur. Now that you know it's all bullshit don't let it steal anymore of your youth. There will be plenty of days ahead to spar with the closed minded. For now you should enjoy life as best you can. Welcome to the herd of cats my young friend.
Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions implode, atheism is what is left behind

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 06:48:37 AM »
If you are trying to insinuate racism in this, there isn't any.

No, not at all.  Except possibly my own.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline yokcos700

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 02:28:03 AM »
You'll find that you notice more and more occasions when people, primarily Christians, will delight in telling you what you believe. Some even go so far as believing and telling you that atheist = satanist; never for a moment realising that believing in Satan requires just the same lack of critical thinking that results in belief in Jesus.
This once happened to me. I... I don't even know how anyone could suggest such a thing, assuming that I don't even believe that Satan exists .-.
Anyway, welcome to the forum, now go enjoy your childhood however you want.

PS: If anyone is wondering, yes, I'm new here too.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »
9. Think of other people as 'assets' to your work, your life. People deserve to be used, humanity doesn't deserve to even exist so do what you want with them,

Did nobody else notice this?!  :o

Dude, what is wrong with you? Humanity doesn't "deserve" to exist? According to who? You? Who the f**k are YOU? And what kind of monster ego do you need in order to pass judgement on 6.5+ BILLION other people and decide that the only thing they're good for is having YOUR goober ass use them?

Those 6.5+ billion people don't "deserve" to exist, yet they DO deserve to have scheming, weasly, manipulative freaks like you exploit them for your own selfish purposes? Nice. With an attitude and outlook like that, YOU certainly don't deserve to exist. Or at the very least, you certainly don't deserve to be let out of the basement.

I pity your family and any "friends" you may have. I wonder if they know what a shitty person you really are and how you really feel about them?

if you want to be good, be good, if you want to be evil, go for it.

"Good"? "Evil"? WTF? You a theist? Is the world really that kind of cartoony black & white to you? And what kind of half-assed philosophy is this? Good & Evil (tm), give me a break. Are you really telling a 13 year old kid "Hey, if you want to go out and rape and murder and cause unneccesary suffering in the world, go for it!"

Why? Why would you tell ANYBODY that? Why would you encourage a fellow human being to make the world a worse place than it already is? Just because they technically CAN?

People do have their own lives, only if they deserve to have them taken away that should always happen.

Isn't this utterly meaningless considering you think that everybody on the planet doesn't deserve to exist? And since your retarded blabbering advises a 13 year old kid to "Go forth and be EVUHL if ya want!", what is the determining factor that makes someone "deserve" to have their life taken away? You know, since "Evil" is a-okay and all?

Your entire post was a mess of poorly written, rambling no-shittery couched on some kind of wannabe Yoda angle, but your #9 just permanently marked you in my book as either a sociopath, a Poe, a drooling fucking idiot, or someone who needs to get back on their meds.

I think it's safe to say, there ain't a damn thing you have to teach this kid that's worth his time. He's already more articulate than you at any rate.

I'll be keeping an eye on you big boy. Oh yeah. On that, you can bet your manipulative ass.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:01:17 AM by RaymondKHessel »
Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 12:22:28 AM »
@raymond

I caught it...sam is a real asshat asset to the atheist community.

But seriously, when xians think of atheists, his attitude is what they think of. The sad thing is, he claims to believe in a creator.

@Benny

Consider this comment before you decide to take any advice from user Samuelxcs

I don't know why men have nipples, they can't breastfeed a child, but women can because theirs are bigger.

modified to correct an erroneous accusation.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:35:58 AM by jaybwell32 »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
rewrite it replacing:

Now, that's an interesting effect.  The ancient Greeks referred to Judaism as an oriental religion and, yes, they meant that as a pejorative.